New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Monkey View Post
    I'd call Xenon going to Jake because of the adventurer-explorer thing he has going
    I'd love it if there were some shout-out to Xenon 2 in the Land of M_ and Xenon. Jake is a shooter.

But the best reason for LOMAX to be Jake's land is, of course, that Jake is a fan of
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekend_at_Bernie%27s
    . Pay attention to Bernie's family name.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-04-15 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    So what do you guys think of the complete bullcrap theory that uu and UU are the same troll and s/he has multiple personality disorder.

I think it's a dumb theory and doesn't even make sense.
    If that were true, how could 'they' connect to each other and play Sburb? You need, at minimum, a server and a client, right?

3. - Top - End - #753
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    If that were true, how could 'they' connect to each other and play Sburb? You need, at minimum, a server and a client, right?
    Time Shenanigans might be an option.
    Last edited by Zejety; 2012-04-15 at 02:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

A more interesting fact that I noticed is uu's discussion about the emptiness of Jane's world, with absolutely no one around, and how it reminds her of her home.

I find that curious.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    A more interesting fact that I noticed is uu's discussion about the emptiness of Jane's world, with absolutely no one around, and how it reminds her of her home.

I find that curious.
    That was UU, but uu mentioned something similar here.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

That was UU, but uu mentioned something similar here.
    Curses, I get their acronyms mixed up all the time.

And I'd forgotten that comment! Very suspicious...
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Update...

... I sudenly understand nothing.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-04-16 at 05:55 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758

NecromancerGuy

Yeah. When I read that UU log, despite how it'd mess with how you play the game, I couldn't help but think of the possibility that the two UU's are the same troll with a split personality.

As for Guiding Gamzee . . . Hahahahaha **** NO.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Update...

... I sudenly understand nothing.
    Maybe you need a guide...

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    Yeah. When I read that UU log, despite how it'd mess with how you play the game, I couldn't help but think of the possibility that the two UU's are the same troll with a split personality.

As for Guiding Gamzee . . . Hahahahaha **** NO.
    Personally, I suspect them being an ancestor-descendant pair. Of course, that would have them being the same sex, so it probably wouldn't work.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I suspect them being an ancestor-descendant pair. Of course, that would have them being the same sex, so it probably wouldn't work.
    ... Does seriously nobody else remember that they do not have the same blood colour?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

... Does seriously nobody else remember that they do not have the same blood colour?
    That one's new to me. The Ancestor/Player pairings in Post-Scratchville certainly seem to have the same blood types. Where's the stated disconnect on the blood?

I tend to favor the "uu/UU is a split personality" theory. I also believe it's likely tied to Gamzee (or some variant of the Bard of Rage). Gamzee is all over the whole HOSTILE UPPERCASE/relaxed lowercase quirk.

Also, Cod Tier apparently is cannon. And no less disturbing than I thought it would be. But when did Gamzee hit Cod Tier? I mean it's pretty clearly him, unless one of his time-skip counterparts also decided to redecorate their face with kitty claws. And since the wound is already healed and scarred over, it must have been some time ago. He also has pupils, suggesting that he's not a bubble ghost. Not that this clue apparently means much, of course, as martyr-Egbert had irises despite being clearly dead - maybe it's a question of whether you believe you're dead or not? In which case there's still hope for Vriska, as she has every reason to believe she is (and so do we).

Also, what are those floating island thingies that Aradia used to have? I don't remember anything about what they were back when Aradia was active, but Hivebent was part of my archive trawl, so I may not have been paying proper attention.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-04-16 at 07:53 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

I wonder how long gamzee has been gone from the meteor without anyone realising it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Also, what are those floating island thingies that Aradia used to have? I don't remember anything about what they were back when Aradia was active, but Hivebent was part of my archive trawl, so I may not have been paying proper attention.
    They basically fulfill the same function the timetables do for Dave.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    You need 2 computers, not necessarily 2 people.

Also, Gamzee. What. What. He's apparently begun time traveling? With Aradia's Time-traveling music boxes? How in the world did he get those? And more to the point why did anyone let HIM have those? I cannot think of a less responsible person to be going around fulfilling stable time ... loops ... that might be it. Gamzee's already done it, that's how.

My theory for the lands is that it's a tomb/dead thing and a noble gas. LOMAX: Land of Mausoleums and Xenon. And so forth.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

That one's new to me. The Ancestor/Player pairings in Post-Scratchville certainly seem to have the same blood types. Where's the stated disconnect on the blood?
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by UU
    UU: this is trUe.
    UU: thoUgh i'm sUre i've said, he isn't qUite my brother. we are related, yes, bUt not in the way hUman brothers and sisters are.
    UU: we are genetically similar, bUt in many ways qUite different. in fact, oUr blood coloUr is not even the same!
    UU: bUt i have referred to him as a brother at times becaUse it is close enoUgh to being trUe, mUch as yoU refer to the one yoU regard as yoUr ancestor in the same way.

And they cannot be ancestor and decent because well... They are not the same gender. The game has made a clear point of providing an equal number of each sex in players. If there are four, two, eight, or ten males, then there must also be an equal number of females, and/or whatever other sexes your species may have. (a species with three sexes for example would have three male, three female, and three other for a nine player session.)

So yeah. Unless Uu is a multi-blooded hermaphrodite, i highly doubt they are either the same person or ancestor and descendent.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-04-16 at 08:36 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    I wonder how long gamzee has been gone from the meteor without anyone realising it.
    That's a very good point. Gamzee's absence has been commented on several times, but it's always been brushed off because there was nowhere for him to go. He could have been here all this time (which means he could have brought the corpses with him, since the haven't been found either).

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAquilaDei View Post
    They basically fulfill the same function the timetables do for Dave.
    Okay, so it's possible (if not likely) that our bifurcated bard got help from a time hero, and from the looks of those things, a troll one. That suggests Aradia or the Handmaiden.

Both seem likely to me, as I rather suspect the Handmaiden to become a larger part in the post-scratch story. She supposedly ran away from her indentured servitude, though I rather suspect she's running into it. As with Doc Scratch's students, it wouldn't be hard to convince her that all her actions are designed to foil Lord English, when in fact they set the table for him.

And they cannot be ancestor and decent because well... They are not the same gender. The game has made a clear point of providing an equal number of each sex in players. If there are four, two, eight, or ten males, then there must also be an equal number of females, and/or whatever other sexes your species may have. (a species with three sexes for example would have three male, three female, and three other for a nine player session.)

So yeah. Unless Uu is a multi-blooded hermaphrodite, i highly doubt they are either the same person or ancestor and descendent.
    She's talking about generic siblings there, not ancestor/descendent. Besides, she then goes on to say that she's never seen her counterpart in person despite being close enough to make a mess out of the other's hive, and is decidedly uncomfortable when the gutsy gumshoe starts picking at clues. UU is not being completely honest with us. She seems like she's being fairly honest, but she's clearly hiding something.

So the question I'd put to you: how does UU know uu's blood type when she's never seen the guy in person?
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-04-16 at 08:52 AM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

16. - Top - End - #766

Planetar

Here

Question: how do they know the other one is male/female with a different bloodcolor? The one asserting this is the case is UU, and under the split personality theory, they've never ACTUALLY seen each other. They've probably communicated with text or something. It would not be out of character for uu to be lying to UU or to himself (as we know can happen) about any number of things.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767

Update: auto-responder stuck, yadda-yadda, there's the house, minor puzzle that still took me about 6 turnings, gettting to hous-

What.
    Seriously, what.
    How did-Why did-just press f*** no, hope for the best.

fade to black? nooooooo-*gasps* oooooo!!!

EDIT: i bet we're changing focus now, too much of a mindscrew.
    Last edited by Madmal; 2012-04-16 at 09:48 AM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

So the question I'd put to you: how does UU know uu's blood type when she's never seen the guy in person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Question: how do they know the other one is male/female with a different bloodcolor? The one asserting this is the case is UU, and under the split personality theory, they've never ACTUALLY seen each other. They've probably communicated with text or something. It would not be out of character for uu to be lying to UU or to himself (as we know can happen) about any number of things.
    ... Same way i know you two are guys? They TALK to one annother over the computer?

Hell maybe the gray text thing is new for them or only for use when talking to the humans.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

Planetar

... Same way i know you two are guys? They TALK to one annother over the computer?

Hell maybe the gray text thing is new for them or only for use when talking to the humans.
    Because I state my sex to be male on this forum. You have no actual knowledge if this is the case or not. For all you know, I would be the most womanly woman of all time. You have only my word that I am male.

The same situation applies to uu, who we know to be cruel, manipulative, and destructive. Also perverted, if his/her conversation with Dirk is to be believed. Also, that character from Complacency of the Learned is symbolic of UU/uu, I think, and the character is described as androgynous. Also, the fact that UU and uu have the same letter combo is important; every other time we've seen characters use the same abbreviations they are the same person (or were at one point). Sovereign Slayer, Spades Slick. Draconian Dignitary, Diamonds Droog. Postal Mistress, Peregrine Mendicant, Prospitan Monarch.

Oh, just so we are clear; I actually AM male, I just said all that to make my point
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    every other time we've seen characters use the same abbreviations they are the same person (or were at one point)
    Exceptions:
    gardenGnostic === GG === gutsyGumshoe (she's more of a John equivalent)
    turntechGodhead === TG === tipsyGnostalgic (she's more of a Rose equivalent)
    tentacleTherapist TT === timaeusTestified (he's more of a Dave equivalent)
    ghostyTrickster === GT === golgothasTerror (he's more of a Jade equivalent)

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Exceptions:
    gardenGnostic === GG === gutsyGumshoe (she's more of a John equivalent)
    turntechGodhead === TG === tipsyGnostalgic (she's more of a Rose equivalent)
    tentacleTherapist TT === timaeusTestified (he's more of a Dave equivalent)
    ghostyTrickster === GT === golgothasTerror (he's more of a Jade equivalent)
    This is true, but it's also a very specific exception: it's a cross-scratch comparison. The post-scratch humans combine elements of two pre-scratch characters - the initials of their weaker parent and situation of their stronger parent.

We currently have no data on cross-scratch comparisons for trolls. Thanks to Aranea we know their personalities are relatively similar (though distorted).

The only place we have absolute hard-and-fast adherence to a consistent naming scheme are the titles of the chess pieces. With the exception of Jack (who Doc Scratch claims has no vanity in titles), their names are always consistent. Even Jack's title remains consistent - his title is always SS, with Spades/Jack/Bec simply being a convenience for the players/audience to identify which of version they are talking about. (Also, I get the impression that Jack is a very consistent exception to the norm among chess pieces. Putting his name and identity before his rank and role.)
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

22. - Top - End - #772

confused Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

So, that update... (spoilers and wildspec in the spoiler box)

Spoiler
    Show
    That's God Tier Gamzee. With Aradia's Time Traveling Music Boxes. Bwuh?

I'm aware that Time Shenanigans are probably involved, but how did Gamzee get to God Tier? There isn't a Bard or a Rage player in the Scratched session, so maybe he went back to his own session before Bec blew it all up? And from the Meteor at the Green Sun, where and when we last saw him, to the troll session is quite a ways.

So, maybe he obtained God Tier actually in the session, he just never wore the clothes? Or maybe he just made some convincing facsimiles? There aren't any wings accompanying the ensemble...

I therefore suddenly understand nothing.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems fairly simple to me. Gamzee gets up to more shenanigans on the meteor, ends up getting killed and ends up on his quest bed, which is on the meteor. Then, after they all arrive, Aradia lends him her timey stuff and he goes back in time to help Jane out.

More confusion, is WHY Aradia gave him her timetables. My best guess is that all the kids are going to be sent around to protect the kids from various attacks by Crocker. This may also explain why Roxy and Dirk are in the future: Aradia (or dave, who knows) went to their birthplace and put them somewhen else to protect/hide them.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #774

He still has the scars from when he scratched himself with Nepeta's claws. So my idea is that he was god tier all along and simply didn't tell the rest of the trolls. That'd explain why he was the one who did the most damage to the Black King, as well.

Stupid speculation time: Gamzee has been hoarding the heads of the following dead trolls:
    1. Page of Breath Tavros Nitram
    2. Rogue of Heart Nepeta Leijon
    3. Thief of Light Vriska Serket
    4. Heir of Void Equius Zahhak
    5. Prince of Hope Eridan Ampora
    6. Witch of Life Feferi Peixes

The post-scratch kids are the Maid of Life, Rogue of Void, Prince of Heart and Page of Hope. There is a possible match by elements here. Which means that it's possible Gamzee is here to resurrect as sprites Nepeta, Leijon, Eridan and Feferi. Jane would get Feferisprite, Roxy would get Equiussprite, Dirk would get Nepetasprite, and Jake would get Eridansprite.

Note that Gamzee deliberately killed Equius and Nepeta, and prepared to attack a group which contained Eridan before he was stopped by Kanaya. Feferi had been killed before by Eridan; Tavros and Vriska, which are left unused here, were killed by Vriska and Terezi respectively. I wouldn't put it behind Hussie to have had Gamzee kill these two trolls and plan on offing the other two because some mOtHeRgLuBbInG mIrAcLe told him he had to turn them into sprites...

Another possible match-up is by class. Then the Page of Hope would get Tavrossprite, the Rogue of Void would get Nepetasprite, the Prince of Heart would get Eridansprite, and then you run into a problem because Jane's troll classmate (Aradia Megido the Maid of Time) is not dead anymore.

Jake with Eridansprite is funny because everybody is attracted to Jake, and everybody finds Eridan repulsive.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-04-16 at 03:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    He still has the scars from when he scratched himself with Nepeta's claws. So my idea is that he was god tier all along and simply didn't tell the rest of the trolls. That'd explain why he was the one who did the most damage to the Black King, as well.

Stupid speculation time: Gamzee has been hoarding the heads of the following dead trolls:
    1. Page of Breath Tavros Nitram
    2. Rogue of Heart Nepeta Leijon
    3. Thief of Light Vriska Serket
    4. Heir of Void Equius Zahhak
    5. Prince of Hope Eridan Ampora
    6. Witch of Life Feferi Peixes

The post-scratch kids are the Maid of Life, Rogue of Void, Prince of Heart and Page of Hope. There is a possible match by elements here. Which means that it's possible Gamzee is here to resurrect as sprites Nepeta, Leijon, Eridan and Feferi. Jane would get Feferisprite, Roxy would get Equiussprite, Dirk would get Nepetasprite, and Jake would get Eridansprite.

Note that Gamzee deliberately killed Equius and Nepeta, and prepared to attack a group which contained Eridan before he was stopped by Kanaya. Feferi had been killed before by Eridan; Tavros and Vriska, which are left unused here, were killed by Vriska and Terezi respectively. I wouldn't put it behind Hussie to have had Gamzee kill these two trolls and plan on offing the other two because some mOtHeRgLuBbInG mIrAcLe told him he had to turn them into sprites...

Another possible match-up is by class. Then the Page of Hope would get Tavrossprite, the Rogue of Void would get Nepetasprite, the Prince of Heart would get Eridansprite, and then you run into a problem because Jane's troll classmate (Aradia Megido the Maid of Time) is not dead anymore.

Jake with Eridansprite is funny because everybody is attracted to Jake, and everybody finds Eridan repulsive.
    Okay, color me impressed. That makes a disturbing bit of sense: the only people who died were of redundant aspects. Although then why Kanaya (space) is still around and Sollux is calling it quits is a little weird.

Seeing the dead trolls return as sprites would be cool, but I'd kinda prefer to see Tavros over Eridan, myself. Tavros could have been so much more if he'd been part of pre-scratch troll group or any human group - he just lacked the killer instinct that makes a post-scratch troll successful.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

26. - Top - End - #776

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    quest bed, which is on the meteor.
    Wait, what?

Quest beds are known to exist in two places, on a player's planet, and in the core of the planet their dreamself exists on. Both of these places were destroyed by Bec Noir. Where did you get the idea that the quest beds were on the meteor?

Besides, the trolls already mentioned that they kinda blew their chances at a god tiering since that happened. If their quest beds were on the meteor, and they still had dreamselves, then they'd be able to get to god tier no problem. To the best of my knowledge, Gamzee has neither of those things.

That said, we didn't see Gamzee's dreamself die, or at all for that matter, so..?
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, color me impressed. That makes a disturbing bit of sense: the only people who died were of redundant aspects. Although then why Kanaya (space) is still around and Sollux is calling it quits is a little weird.
    The trolls killed by *Gamzee* would be redundant with the roles of the new Kids; the other deaths are from other sources, and needn't fit a pattern if we're trying to figure out why Gamzee killed who he did. If they were brought back as Sprites, they could use their own experiences with their session plus the game-knowledge granted to the Sprites to kickstart the new Kids group in figuring out their role powers.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems fairly simple to me. Gamzee gets up to more shenanigans on the meteor, ends up getting killed and ends up on his quest bed, which is on the meteor. Then, after they all arrive, Aradia lends him her timey stuff and he goes back in time to help Jane out.

More confusion, is WHY Aradia gave him her timetables. My best guess is that all the kids are going to be sent around to protect the kids from various attacks by Crocker. This may also explain why Roxy and Dirk are in the future: Aradia (or dave, who knows) went to their birthplace and put them somewhen else to protect/hide them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I saw someone point this out over on the MSPA forums. Gamzee still has the claw-scars on his face from when Nepeta attacked him. Injuries heal when a player ascends to god tier (except maybe for Terezi's blindness, possibly? Due to her dream self already being blind and stuff, we may never know) which means that Gamzee must have ascended to the god tier before that happened and was hiding it all along.

Plus I doubt that there was a quest bed on the meteor. I really think he's been hiding it all along (and it's also possible that's why he seemed even more powerful than Vriska)

Spoiler
    Show
    <NamelessOne> Calamity, you terrify me, and that's saying something.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    Wait, what?

Quest beds are known to exist in two places, on a player's planet, and in the core of the planet their dreamself exists on. Both of these places were destroyed by Bec Noir. Where did you get the idea that the quest beds were on the meteor?

Besides, the trolls already mentioned that they kinda blew their chances at a god tiering since that happened. If their quest beds were on the meteor, and they still had dreamselves, then they'd be able to get to god tier no problem. To the best of my knowledge, Gamzee has neither of those things.

That said, we didn't see Gamzee's dreamself die, or at all for that matter, so..?
    Quest beds have also shown up right outside where the Green Sun was about to be for some reason, so I'm suspicious as to whether there's any actual rules for where they can show up. If there's any rule at all, it would have to be "where the player is going to die." Which suggests that all the dead trolls will somehow come back and possibly turn god tier at some point somehow. (Except Vriska of course, who was already god tier THEN died)

This is backed up by the manner of Jade's death and God-Tiering. The flash was pretty clear with her being "DEAD", then Jack brought her to her bed, causing her to resurrect despite being dead and not just near-dead.

Of course, the fact that all of their dream selves are dead is an issue, but one that can be solved, again shown by Jade. Her dreamself died, but she was able to bring it back by prototyping it into her sprite.

And of course, it's always possible that we just don't know enough about the process of becoming a god-tier, and there's a way to do it without a dream self.

Really, there's too many variables to say anything for sure, but I don't think we can rule it out either.

At the very least, it seems likely that Gamzee is here to spritify us some dead trolls. That just makes too much sense to ignore.

Also, remember that you can prototype two things. Perhaps we'll see two trolls prototypes into the same sprite? Vriska/Tavros would be hilarious, as would Equius/Nepeta.

Finally, dose Gamzee actually still have his scars, or is his facepaint just messed up?
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #780

Quest beds have also shown up right outside where the Green Sun was about to be for some reason
    Remember where the Green Sun actually appeared? That's right, at the place where the Tumor was. And where was that Tumor? It was carried by Rose and Dave. And where were Rose and Dave? In a makeshift spaceship. Which was built out of what exactly? Oh, yeah, the moon of Derse. That moon in which core there were their emergency copies of the Quest Bed.

In fact, we pretty much learned about the Quest Beds in the core because of the Green Sun god tiers.