New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge In The Playground XXIX

I want to start by saying that I really liked Rizban's judging style of not using quarter points for everything, so I have emulated that, including the 1/10 pt deduction for every level less than the maximum on the secret ingredient. After reviewing what I've written, I think I ended up being a much harsher judge than I intended to be... I should apologize in advance for not having long descriptions on all the entries I judged. I gave equal time and consideration to each build, but I didn't always have equal time to write out details on the evaluations.

Venator Incorporum
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I really didn't expect to see a Spirit Shaman in this contest (+0.25). I liked the concept of a spirit hunter, and was not something I expected (+0.2)
    Total: 3.45

Power: Venator is definitely good at fighting incorporeal creatures (+0.2), but that's about all he has (-0.15). Fortunately, the definition of spirit is broad enough to cover a large number of enemis, and having 5th-level druid and 4th-level ranger spells helps prop up the power of the build (+0.2). My next concern is that you are planning to hunt primarily incorporeal creatures, the vast majority of which have energy draining abilities, which you don't address at all (-0.15), though you do address stopping their touch attacks in general (+0.1).
    Total: 3.2

Elegance: I'm giving a mild hit here out of pure frustration, because it took me almost 30 minutes to find the stupid race you used. I'd never heard of it before, and it wasn't in any of the sources you listed (-0.1), and then trying to figure out what was going on with your skills when you didn't list the half ranks was also frustrating, and you seem to have made a few mistakes that I couldn't account for (-0.1). Shadowstriker, while the mechanics fit with the character well enough, is definitely heavily flavored for Pelor and Heironeous, going so far as to make the class features based on them; however, you didn't mention either one anywhere in the build or fluff or explain why your build uses the class other than getting a bit more damage (-0.2).
    Total: 2.6

Secret Ingredient: You didn't take the full 10 levels of the SI (-0.2). You made good use of a few of its abilities by combining them with some of the spirit shaman class features, allowing you to do what your character is intended to do (+0.2), and you managed to make it seem like a more or less natural progression for the character (+0.2). Unfortunately, you never make mention of what church Venator serves as a Consecrated Harrier, which is one of the entry requirements (-0.25)
    Total: 2.95

Total: 12.2

The Silver Hawk
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I expected the typical detective, for obvious reasons (-0.2), but I loved the story and the characterization (+0.5).
    Total: 3.3

Power: You are excellent at what you do (+0.5) and a good sniper from phenominal (+0.3). Unfortunately, if someone closes in on you, you're not going to be able to use most of your sniper tricks (-0.1).
    Total: 3.7

Elegance: You explained everything very well and told a nice story along the way, which explains why you take every level you do (+.5). You're, unfortunately, a bit equipment dependent to fully utilize many of your detective tracking abilities (-0.2).

Secret Ingredient: Very ingenious use of detect chaos (+0.1) and good use of abilities overall (+0.2). You hit all the key points and made it look like a natural progresion for your character (+0.2)
    Total: 3.5

Total: 13.8

D'Arnis
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Thematically appropriate, though expected, race and completely unexpected PrC (+0.2). Lacking in story (-0.1).
    Total: 3.1

Power: He has ToB stuff (+0.2) and is a decent melee tracker (+0.1). Unfortunately, he doesn't have many options and isn't amazing at what he does (-0.15).
    Total: 3.15

Elegance: I personally dislike ToB and think that builds relying on it are lacking in elegance. However, you didn't use too much of it (-0.2).
    Total: 2.8

Secret Ingredient: You took all ten levels of the SI, but it doesn't really seem to blend with the build. It seems as if almost any ranger-like class could go there (-0.2)

Total: 11.85

Mayael
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I didn't expect a Hellbred or a repeatedly falling paladin (+0.2). You had an interesting story as well (+0.1)

Power: You have 4th-level blackguard and ranger spells, have max levels in both PrCs, and you're undead (+1). Your tracking is less than good (-0.1), and the skills you do have do not have much support in your build (-0.1).
    Total: 3.8

Elegance: The Paladin to Gray Guard to Blackguard progression is something I've never actually seen done before, but it's something I've always wanted to see done on a character (+0.25). The first 11 minus 1 levels seem to flow nicely, and you explain everything well... right up until you hit the SI.
    Total: 3.25

Secret Ingredient: I don't really understand why you took Consecrated Harrier. It seems odd to me that you would be a paladin for 100 years then suddenly start taking levels in a Ranger PrC. It just doesn't seem to fit the character (-0.5). You also don't really seem to use or mention any of its class abilities other than false vision and the capstone (-0.15).
    Total: 2.35

Total: 12.7

Nakam Ovilka
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Interesting story with nice race (+0.2).

Power: Has ToB stuff (+0.2). Moving away from Swordsage doesn't seem to add anything worthwhile to your build that straight swordsage wouldn't have outclassed (-0.25).

Elegance: I still think ToB is worth an elegance hit (-0.7). Other than that, you stuck to your theme and seemed to bring things together well enough (+0.2).
    Total: 2.5

Secret Ingredient: Failed to take all 10 levels (-0.1). It doesn't flow particularly well, but it does fit the character. I don't really see what it adds to the build (-0.1).

Total: 11.45

Yojana Mulsh
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: You're a cleric/incarnate sapphire hierarch (-0.2) using Persistent Spell metamagic cheese (-0.2).
    Total: 2.6

Power: You're a cleric/incarnate sapphire hierarch (+0.2) using Persistent Spell metamagic cheese (+0.2). You pick up ranger spells and stuff (+0.1)
    Total: 3.5

Elegance: You use a fairly standard build for sapphire hierarch with Persistent Spell abuse. I can't really complain about the method you used for this, but it doesn't really gain anything either.
    Total: 3

Secret Ingredient: Failed to take all 10 levels (-0.3) You make a good case for not taking it in full, but, unfortunately, the same argument can be extended to the entire SI. It adds very little to the build, and you even say that it would be better without it. (-0.5).
    Total: 2.2

Total: 11.3

Ral'Tik-Deja'raluk
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Um... you made up a language and had the characters speak in that language. That was completely unexpected (+0.5). I really liked the story, which explained the character well, and actually laughed when he ate the elf (+0.2)
    Total: 3.7

Power: If I understand this right, you broke Spring Attack, and the action economy. I don't want this to work, but it looks like it does. Multiple spells, attacks, etc per round without metamagic using freaking Spring Attack to still move 60 feet (+1). You're able to planeshift and teleport using SLAs and still have ranger casting, all of which can be used with the “bonus” standard actions each round (+0.5).
    Total: 4.5

Elegance: The build seems to flow well, and you manage to squeeze in two full PrCs without doing anything questionable, and the story fully explains why you take every level you take (+0.2). I'm still blown away by being able to move 60 feet and then get the equivalent of four standard actions at will. This level of cheese, while incredibly cool, warrants a small deduction (-0.15).
    Total: 3.05

Secret Ingredient: The SI seems like a natural progression for your character, but it doesn't seem like the most optimum choice. I would have expected something more movement based or more intensely combat based to continue with the character's progression (-0.2); however, I can see that, like you said, the first 10 levels were designed to support the SI, particularly the cross-plane capstone (+0.1).
    Total: 2.9

Total: 14.15

Cassius Humatiel
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Lumi was very unexpected (+0.2), as was psychic warrior (+0.1). The story was nice, if short, though it doesn't really explain your individual character.

Power: You're an outsider with a long list of good racial abilities (+0.2) and have psionics and spells (+0.1). You're a good, but not great archer (+0.1). I can't see any glaring weaknesses other than the usual dependence on items for archers (-0.1)

Elegance: Using LA buyoff is bad in my book, as it basically gives something for nothing (-0.2), and the repeated dipping is disappointing (-0.1). Still, you managed to bring it all together for a solid concept (+0.1).

Secret Ingredient: Lumi does indeed seem to mesh perfectly with Consecrated Harrier in several ways (+0.1), but I would have liked to have seen more about it than just the one quick blurb (-0.1). I understand why your build took the SI, but I would have liked to have seen more details on the why of things.

Total: 12.4

Thorik Stonetooth
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Seems like a fairly typical dwarf, but I did like the story (+0.1)

Power: Has ToB stuff (+0.2). You have a nice set of attack routines with some decent options (+0.1).

Elegance: Has ToB stuff (-0.2). The rogue substitution class was good (+0.1), but I would have expected trading out the SA for bonus feats that would remain relevant at later levels.
    Total: 2.9

Secret Ingredient: I don't really see what Consecrated Harrier adds to your build that almost anything else wouldn't do better (-0.2). Two levels of Deepwarden, for example, would have been better for the build than two levels of the SI.

Total: 12.1

Griblax Tookersnout
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: A tiny fey was completely unexpected and the story was good (+0.25).

Power: The cyst magic combined with the tracking as you did is quite powerful (+0.5). The build is rather strong, but it relies very heavily on items to boost Wis to be most effective (-0.15)
    Total: 3.35

Elegance: A tiny fey with +0LA... I wouldn't allow it in my games (-0.1). Things flowed together nicely though for a very nice... or not very nice character (+0.25)

Secret Ingredient: I wasn't convinced at first, but you made an excellent case for why you used the SI and for almost every ability it gives (+0.75).
    Total: 3.75

Total: 13.5

Jan Kwan
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I really liked the build, and while I expected some sort of trap master, and I didn't expect that particular PrC at all (+0.1). The pseudo-asian flare was a nice change from the usual Greyhawk/Forgotten Realms/Eberron settings (+0.1).

Power: Unfortunately, a trap-based build isn't particularly powerful and requires very situational, “item”-based tactics, and the type and possible locations for combat traps is limited (-0.2). You do, however, have a good number of tactics to use in differing situations (+0.1), but I question some of the feat choices. You don't really seem to focus anywhere combat related.

Elegance: You squeezed in two full PrCs (+0.2). You take Weapon Focus (dagger) and some ranged boosts to throw them better, but then you make mention of bull rushing without having any support for it such as Improved Bull Rush or any kind of Str modifier (-0.1). The build is clean and nicely done), but it seems to lack a bit of focus.

Secret Ingredient: Consecrated Harrier seems like a natural progression for your character (+0.2), but with the lack of focus in the build, it doesn't seem particularly key (-0.1). You do make mention of using area effect traps to activate higher level abilities, which is good (+0.1), but you ignore almost all the other abilities of the class in your write up (-0.15).

Total: 12.35

Genji
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: You pick one of the single most abused LA0 races, followed up by a typical Factotum/MoM build for all skills and all weapons, then added the typical Bind Vestige for more versatility. It's a solid build, but I've seen it done several times before and have even played a build just like it (with a different race) in two different campaigns (-1). That said, I liked the story and presentation, and the haiku were an added bonus (+0.25).
    Total: 2.25

Power: As I mentioned above, race, Factotum 8 for extra standard actions, Master of Masks for all weapons, and Binder for various abilities is a powerful combination (+0.75); however, your Int is too low to really make max use of the Factotum powers (-0.1).
    Total: 3.65

Elegance: I'm not giving a penalty on this, but he's a bat, yet you use an owl picture and mention “owl-ly eyes.” Did you change his race at some point and not update everything? It's a well done build, but the base has just been done so often that I'm not sure what to rate it on this scale. I'm going to give it a few points though, because it is a good build an has already been hit pretty hard in originality. (+0.2)

Secret Ingredient: The SI works well with the build, but it doesn't really seem like a natural progression (+0.1). You pumped Wis very high without items to maximize that part of the SI (+0.1). You mention Fharlagan, but don't mention the church sending him on his missions, which is a requirement of the class (-0.15).

Total: 12.15

Lama de Maldini
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I really expected to see more Bloodhound in this contest, as it's the only other “Hunt Target X” PrC that comes to mind (-0.1). The story is good, but it's really standard fare. I'm just really tired of the “humans are evil nature haters” that I see everywhere in the media today (-0.1).

Power: You take Bloodhound to 8 for Freedom of Movement, but you only get 2 rounds of it per day. I'm not sure that's really worth it. The two PrCs do synergize well for tracking, and you keep Survival as a class skill across all levels and gain significant bonuses to it (+0.1). You have some nice incapacitation abilities (+0.1), and you have the potential to do a large number of attacks with a full attack, but that's about all you can do. (-0.25)

Elegance: You keep Survival the whole time with a thematically flavorful feat and take it to max ranks, and you have nice supporting skills and to remain hidden while tracking (+0.1). You use a clean, simple build with some good specific target synergy (+0.2). The classes you chose fit your theme, and the Ranger ACFs were a nice part of that (+0.1)
    Total: 3.4

Secret Ingredient: Failed to take all 10 levels (-0.2), but it did feel like a natural progression for your character and fits perfectly (+0.2)

Total: 12.15

Qilin
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I expected to see Justicar (-0.1), but the story was very thorough and provided lots of background explanation and exposition that I really liked (+0.25). Also, ground unicorn hooves as a sediment trap for straining wine? Priceless. (+0.1)

Power: You're a totemist/warshaper with a large number of natural attacks and Str damage from Justicar on each attack (+0.25). You have good bluff and GI ranks, but I would have expected more disguise with the build, even on a changeling. You mention several ways to boost power and provide an explanation of which melds to use in which situations and overall provide ample information on how strong the build actually is (+0.1).
    Total: 3.35

Elegance: I would expected to see more Warshaper or more of a druid PrC, and there is a fair amount of dipping (-0.1). The build, however, is clean and focused on what it does (+0.15).

Secret Ingredient: Consecrated Harrier doesn't seem the most natural progression, but it does fit the character well (+0.1). The SI seems to blend in though so as to not stand out at all, and it's not really the focus of the build (-0.15).

Total: 12.6

Manx Fireheart
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I did not expect to see truenaming, especially without any truenaming classes (+0.1). I liked the character, and the story was interesting. You also worked the Nobanion/Malar dichotomy into the build well (+0.15).

Power: You have very good skills, can be a diplomancer, and have lots of attacks and decent damage for an archer (+0.2). Your build is very item dependent and can be rather situational (-0.2). You're more of a skill monkey than anything else. You're good at what you do, but you don't really seem to excel at anything other than your skills.

Elegance: You do a lot of dipping and jumping around without ever finishing any of the classes you start (-0.2), but you also manage to work everything you do take together into a nice unit (+0.1).

Secret Ingredient: Failed to take all 10 levels (-0.2). The SI seems like a natural progression for your character (+0.2)

Total: 12.25

Shere Khan Sing
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: I saw the name and immediately thought Jungle Book and was hoping for something with an Indian flavor... You do at least turn into a tiger. The story was interesting though.

Power: You focus on your shifting, but your uses per day and actual benefits from it are too low to do much until higher levels, and by the time you pump it up with weretouched master, it's already too late to really be effective (-0.25). You do have a few tricks, but other than Shifter Ferocity at 1st level, they seem to be too little too late, such as pounce at level 19 with only three low damage attacks (-0.2).
    Total: 2.55

Elegance: You use a clean, simple build that builds off of your character's natural strengths and follows the theme you selected (+0.25)

Secret Ingredient: It seems like a good fit for your character (+0.2). You don't mention a specific church organization, which is a requirement of the PrC, though you do have a pseudo-divine “entity” directing the character (-0.1).

Total: 11.9

Ebrahim Bahadir'Aziz
    Spoiler
    Show

Originality: Dragonblooded unseelie fey human was unexpected and unique (+0.15).

Power: I would disagree with the interpretation that Distracting Attack includes you, as you are the one giving the flanking bonus (-0.1). I don't think much of what else you are doing is valid by the RAW as I'm reading it (-0.2), but if it is, then it's decently powerful and a bit cheesy (+0.3). You also have some wildshape going (+0.2)

Elegance: Jotunbrud, while not labeled specifically as a regional feat has the Region line, and, in several FR books, it says “If a feat lists a 'Region' line, it is a regional feat”. As such, I have to take points off for using multiple regional feats that also come from differing regions (-0.15). The jumping around in classes also seems to be a bit confusing and not very clean (-0.1). The build is pretty cheesy, using some questionable rules interpretations and forgetting that Unseelie Fey are required to be always Evil (-0.25).
    Total: 2.5

Secret Ingredient: Failed to take all 10 levels (-0.1). I don't really see what it adds to your character or how it fits with the theme (-0.2). I would have liked to see some story explanation for your character choices, particularly the SI, but you focused only of his parents.
    Total: 2.7

Total: 11.55

And just for convenience sake, a list of all entries ordered by final score.
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Score|Character
    14.15 | Ral'Tik-Deja'raluk
    13.8 | The Silver Hawk
    13.5 | Griblax Tookersnout
    12.7 | Mayael
    12.6 | Qilin
    12.4 | Cassius Humatiel
    12.35 | Jan Kwan
    12.25 | Manx Fireheart
    12.2 | Venator Incorporum
    12.15 | Genji
    12.15 | Lama de Maldini
    12.1 | Thorik Stonetooth
    11.9 | Shere Khan Sing
    11.85 | D'Arnis
    11.55 | Ebrahim Bahadir'Aziz
    11.45 | Nakam Ovilka
    11.3 | Yojana Mulsh
    [/table]
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thank you, Jeriah.

Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Good job doing all that. I have a new respect for judging after even thinking about doing it.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Pretty much what I expected to hit the top did, indeed, hit the top. I'm disappointed that my entry didn't score higher, but I get why it didn't.
    "What is Sanity? Madness put to good use. What is our waking life? A dream controlled."
    -George Santayana

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335

NecromancerGuy

What say ye, o Iron Chefs and gallery? Do we wait for another judge, or do we press on? I'll see what the vote is in just under 2 hours from this post.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

After all the judging, I came up with a nice build using bits from several of them that I might actually use in an upcoming game.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    After all the judging, I came up with a nice build using bits from several of them that I might actually use in an upcoming game.
    I used my first entry already as a villain against my party in a campaign I am running. It was awesome xD. They are a group of 5 lvl 12 wizards (1 diviner, 1 transmuter, 1 conjurer, 1 evocationist, and 1 abjurer.) I didn't expect that a consecrated harrier could challenge a group like that but they definitely got roughed up.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it looks like there's another 10 9 minutes for judges to get their scores in...
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-02-18 at 06:51 PM.

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    I used my first entry already as a villain against my party in a campaign I am running. It was awesome xD. They are a group of 5 lvl 12 wizards (1 diviner, 1 transmuter, 1 conjurer, 1 evocationist, and 1 abjurer.) I didn't expect that a consecrated harrier could challenge a group like that but they definitely got roughed up.
    Awesome! I was thinking about using my entry against my PCs as well .

10. - Top - End - #340

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Well, it looks like there's another 10 9 minutes for judges to get their scores in...
    Would have been true if I'd made my reply just after the top of the hour, rather than the bottom of the hour.

I've gotten 3 votes for moving on, 1 vote for waiting for a second judge. . . and no second judge letting me know that scores are forthcoming.

For that reason, I'll have the reveal up shortly.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Looking at the scores, there's less than a three point spread across all of them. This was definitely a close contest...
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

12. - Top - End - #342

NecromancerGuy

And, at last, the reveal! All contestants should be extremely proud of their submissions; the problem with so many entries (other than scaring away judges) is that someone has to come in last. The LAST PLACE build this round was still excellent. Kudos to all.

Ral'Tik-Deja'raluk - Rizban
    - 1st Place

The Silver Hawk - The Gilded Duke
    - 2nd Place

Griblax Tookersnout - Gotterdammerung
    - 3rd Place

Mayael the Unforgiven - spelacnar

Qilin - Piggy Knowles

Cassius Humatiel - Grey McBannert - Honorable Mention

Jan Kwan - cd4

Manx Fireheart - Gotterdammerung

Venator Incorporum - Garwain

Genji - Amechra

Lama de Maldini - Akto

Thorik Stonetooth - Feytalist

Shere Khan Singh - Venger

D'Arnis - Z3ro

Ebrahim Bahadir'Aziz - Hunter Killer

Nakam Ovilka - Orsen

Yojana Mulsh - Fyrebyrd

Next IC Challenge is here
    Last edited by Amphetryon; 2012-02-18 at 08:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge In The Playground XXIX

Congrats to all contestants, and a huge shoutout to Jeriah for getting the judging on so many builds in before the deadline!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I didn't want to say anything earlier, but post-reveal I think it's fine: Thurbane, you've voted for my builds for HM on 50% of my entries. And that's really effing cool. Thanks.
    Iron Chef Award!

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Trophies will be up either today or tomorrow. Congratulations to the winners!
    "What is Sanity? Madness put to good use. What is our waking life? A dream controlled."
    -George Santayana

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey McBannert View Post
    I didn't want to say anything earlier, but post-reveal I think it's fine: Thurbane, you've voted for my builds for HM on 50% of my entries. And that's really effing cool. Thanks.
    Must be something about your builds that catches my eye.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Annnnnd... Trophies!

Jeriah, your judging medal is on the way. Not sure how I want to handle it.

Last edited by Hunter Killer; 2012-02-19 at 03:16 PM.
    -George Santayana

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348

NecromancerGuy

Those trophies are awesome, Hunter Killer.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Those trophies are awesome, Hunter Killer.
    Before i saw those trophies i wasn't annoyed that i disn't win, but damn...! Awesome trophies are Awesome! Very nice work Hunger Killer

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a bit late to the party, but allow me to say:

First, thanks to Jeriah for the judging. It couldn't have been easy. 17 builds... is that a record?

And Hunter, the trophies look great. I can't wait to win one in the future, heh (and my Mindbender one, cough cough).

And then thanks to the guys who liked my build and nominated it for Honourable Mention. It was quite gratifying. (especially since I kind of phoned it in with the backstory by the end, but you guys and the judge seemed to like it anyway). feelsgoodman.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

21. - Top - End - #351

Yeah, mad props to all competitors, the chairman, Jeriah, and Hunter Killer. Despite having 17 entries, this round went rather smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Good round and great trophies, HK!

I'm a little disappointed that I didn't place, but I can't argue any of the top 3 - they were all fantastic builds. Qilin was a lot of fun, but I sort of shot myself in the foot by letting it get delayed until the last minute. The build just wasn't as refined as it should be. I had more ideas that could have better incorporated the SI, including some neat ways to take advantage of Implacable Hunt (the main unique feature of the SI), but I couldn't get it clean enough to be worth including. C'est la vie - even if it had been in, I don't think I would have placed above the top 3!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

YAY Last!

Tbh I was pretty chuffed I managed to get a build that made sense to me submitted, when I saw that number of entries (and pure quality of entries) I knew I'd be hitting the lows!

However having completed the process once, I'm pretty certain I know what I need to work on to have a better score next time!
    Avatar(that seems to have disappeared) by Darwin