New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3631
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Even if we don't hit the last mystery prize, we've been rewarded so much and had such a great chance to show our appreciation in return. But don't give up all hope for the last mystery prize yet. The other Kickstarter drive I followed most closely looked as if it wouldn't even be funded until a surge in the last day or so.

2. - Top - End - #3632
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

3 hours and 52 thousand? something tells me we aren't gonna make those last 2 mystery prizes. But i also sorta think we aren't *meant* to...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

3. - Top - End - #3633
    Dwarf in the Playground

up until this point I thought the Giant's surprise and astonishment about his Kickstarter was real

now I get the nagging suspicion that he has been toying with us all the time. that last announcement about a mystery prize after already having admitted defeat and put up so high that it is unlikely to be met is just wrong. it taints the whole awesomeness of the kickstarter to deliver such a low blow close to the finish. he knows that we are roleplayers. he knows that when given a challenge, we feel the urge to best it and then he presents us with an unsurmountable obstacle at the last minute.

even if he backs out and gives us the mystery prize without meeting the criteria, this just feels like a cheap trick to milk even more money from us

I feel bad for writing this, because up until now, I was full of praise for Mr. Burlew, but this just took it one step too far for me.
    random hum :)

4. - Top - End - #3634
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the whole "you defeated me" wasn't so much "I can't possibly think of more stuff to offer!" as "you convinced me to back on my word and just keep the rest of the money indefinitely for future projects." If he can milk more out of this, I don't see why not.

Also, he has pointed out how happy he is about this. There's no need to go squeeing over it all the time. Remember that we only ever see the side of Rich he chooses to show us, and it doesn't mean that other sides which he isn't currently showing isn't there. While it's nice to read about how awesome he thinks this is, it's also nice to see that he has a distance to it. It lends credibility and integrity.

Although, yes, part of me is irrationally irritated that there's a goal which we couldn't reach, even if it was pretty much just a construct to wring the last possible drops out of this thing.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-21 at 09:23 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #3635

MindFlayer

10 left at $300!

7... Probably your last chance!

3... You probably don't enough time to log in and get one

2... Definitely not enough time

and the last of the signed sets is gone! Better luck next year!

(I know, I know, everyone on this forum has been f5 camping for days and already has their signed sets)
    Last edited by Smolder; 2012-02-21 at 09:50 AM.

6. - Top - End - #3636
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well... unless we get a humongous surge of pledges, I don't think we're hitting that final mystery prize. 2 hours left and just under $45,000 needed.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

7. - Top - End - #3637
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Well... unless we get a humongous surge of pledges, I don't think we're hitting that final mystery prize. 2 hours left and just under $45,000 needed.
    Achievement Unlocked: Holy crap, you guys thought I was serious about that?

8. - Top - End - #3638
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    10 left at $300!

7... Probably your last chance!

3... You probably don't enough time to log in and get one

2... Definitely not enough time

(I know, I know, everyone on this forum has been f5 camping for days and already has their signed sets)
    Well, some of us have jobs and kids so camping all night waiting for a signed set doesn't happen. I just dropped a $92 2 books signed set for a 300 patience set. Have at it.

9. - Top - End - #3639
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

$40,759 in 2 hours... Can we do it?

Probably not, but then... You never know.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

10. - Top - End - #3640

Pledge $70 or more
    73 Backers • Limited Reward (2 of 75 remaining)

PATIENCE for A SIGNED BOOK: Any one OOTS book, autographed by the author, plus the 8x10 art print and a Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the United States (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $7 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $10) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Letting you all know.

It's alot deader right now than I'd have expected.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

11. - Top - End - #3641
    Dwarf in the Playground

Let's see... we'd need $20,000 per hour to get that last goal? Guess it will be a mystery forever...
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

12. - Top - End - #3642
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

How many people here HAVEN'T contributed to the Fundraiser? I'm only asking because we need 40k to break the last Mystery Prize within TWO HOURS.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

13. - Top - End - #3643

Well, I just ran the numbers and the average pledge right now is $83.

We'd need 482 new pledgers at that amount to break the final goal.

Edit: nifty pic

Last edited by Crisis21; 2012-02-21 at 10:25 AM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

14. - Top - End - #3644

I am actually amazed we are as close as we are -- I mean the "way out there" number was placed at 4:30am in the morning for something that ends at noon. That very much reduces the number of people who could try to reach the goal. In essence 85% of the people who could do a last minute won't even know.

15. - Top - End - #3645
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Well, I just ran the numbers and the average pledge right now is $83.

We'd need 482 new pledgers at that amount to break the final goal.

Edit: nifty pic

ah beat me to it, I grabbed a screen shot of the same thing!

16. - Top - End - #3646

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post
    I am actually amazed we are as close as we are -- I mean the "way out there" number was placed at 4:30am in the morning for something that ends at noon. That very much reduces the number of people who could try to reach the goal. In essence 85% of the people who could do a last minute won't even know.
    Yeah. I kind of have a feeling that this last goal is Rich saying: "No, surely even my fans can't pull this off, but wouldn't it be awesome if they proved me wrong?"
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

17. - Top - End - #3647
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

You know, I'm wondering if the walk-on character ends up like the fan-character in Exterminatus Now (I doubt it).

*Over the smouldering corpse of the walk-on*

And he paid over 5000$ for this honor.

18. - Top - End - #3648
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If all 14,000+ backers could just add $3 to their pledge, we could make $1.26 million!! That really sounds like a lot!

Let's go for it!

19. - Top - End - #3649
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. I kind of have a feeling that this last goal is Rich saying: "No, surely even my fans can't pull this off, but wouldn't it be awesome if they proved me wrong?"
    Well, we did try. I upped my pledge with 11.1% just for the heck of it.

20. - Top - End - #3650

I'm wondering what the last chart will show. I'm guessing something like:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, 500 gp, you said?
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

21. - Top - End - #3651
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pheldagriff View Post
    now I get the nagging suspicion that he has been toying with us all the time. that last announcement about a mystery prize after already having admitted defeat and put up so high that it is unlikely to be met is just wrong.
    I disagree. There should always be another goal. D&D campaigns never end in 3.5, so why should this drive.

It is like a quote I once heard that whenever an explorer ventures into and explores the area of the map called "here be dragons" they have an obligation to write a new map of the area, but at the edges of the new map to write in the as-yet-unexplored part "here be dragons".

And hey, someday there will be another OOTS kickstarter so we can find out what the mystery prize is/was/will be then.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

22. - Top - End - #3652

And we're in the home stretch. Time left is now measured in minutes.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

23. - Top - End - #3653
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I must voice a problem I have with Kickstarter now. The remaining time has been 1 hour for the last, well, hour, and now it jumped over to... 59 minutes?

They're doing it wrong!
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

24. - Top - End - #3654
    Ogre in the Playground

can someone give me a hand I ordered the 47 dollar level and thought the patch was included how do I get my belkar 1 million patch?

25. - Top - End - #3655

Under an hour left .
    Last edited by fergo; 2012-02-21 at 11:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #3656
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    can someone give me a hand I ordered the 47 dollar level and thought the patch was included how do I get my belkar 1 million patch?
    Use "Manage your pledge" to raise your pledge by at least $4, then tell Rich in the survey that you want a patch.

There is no $47 level, though.

27. - Top - End - #3657
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Use "Manage your pledge" to raise your pledge by at least $4, then tell Rich in the survey that you want a patch.

There is no $47 level, though.
    lol ment 43 level I added the $4 in my mind as for the patch

28. - Top - End - #3658
    Orc in the Playground

Who needs food...added another $20 - we can do this!

29. - Top - End - #3659
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess Mystery Prize 9/10 will remain a mystery.

30. - Top - End - #3660
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    Okay, I must voice a problem I have with Kickstarter now. The remaining time has been 1 hour for the last, well, hour, and now it jumped over to... 59 minutes?

They're doing it wrong!
    The timer on my oven also works like this, it annoys me too.
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!