New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 63 of 136 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768697071727388113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    $449,000! We'll make $450,000 in just about an hour, I bet...

I'm preparing for the $500,000 party! When Rich hits a cool half-million dollars, he should- I don't know- mention it in a special Demon Cockroach Intermission strip?? Something cool, anyway. What an incredible accomplishment for an independent web comic!

2. - Top - End - #1862
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    / on the d4
    / on the d6
    / on the d8
    / on the d10
    on the %
    / on the d12
    / on the d20
    / on either side of a coin

That's be my suggestion anyway.

Although I'd prefer just the Order's faces, with Mr. Scruffy or Blackwing on the % and the Xykon/Redcloak coin. But that's just me again, I'm not a big LG person.
    So the % die is black with yellow numbers, just the 00 being a slightly unusual shape.
    Last edited by keldorn; 2012-02-04 at 03:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keldorn View Post
    So the % die is black with yellow numbers, just the 00 being a slightly unusual shape.
    Yes. That's exactly what I meant. I definitely didn't think it through at all & just put the single character on the single remaining dice....

But yeah, the 00 side being his eyes sounds cool.

I'd up my pledge for OotS dice, I really would.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #1864
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    / on the d4
    The D4 would be tricky, given, y'know, how D4s work.

5. - Top - End - #1865
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by JustIgnoreMe View Post
    The D4 would be tricky, given, y'know, how D4s work.
    Yes, it would actually be the only die where the character pictured is not shown when the highest number is rolled... maybe put V on the "1"-side, so you know you had a low number when you don't see the elf.

I'd also go for the dice with only the OotS main characters, without LG characters.

edit: Aaand we just hit 450k
    Last edited by Unisus; 2012-02-04 at 02:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1866
    Dwarf in the Playground

$450,000! Now, what, 1 1/2 hours until coloring books?

7. - Top - End - #1867

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
    Yes, it would actually be the only die where the character pictured is not shown when the highest number is rolled... maybe put V on the "1"-side, so you know you had a low number when you don't see the elf.

I'd also go for the dice with only the OotS main characters, without LG characters.

edit: Aaand we just hit 450k
    Well, D4 is also the die with the largest sides, so there might be room for a small picture in each corner of a side (similar to how most D4s have their regular numbers).

8. - Top - End - #1868
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (The Order of the Stick Coloring Book)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

9. - Top - End - #1869
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wooooo! Take that, mauve line!

10. - Top - End - #1870
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I think i'll need five of the coloring books - my two teenage sons like OotS, my other two kids like coloring books...

Hey - that IS five in total. *smile*

11. - Top - End - #1871
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am inordinately pleased that I am getting a colouring book. Which is embarrassing since I'm 26...

12. - Top - End - #1872

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Palthera View Post
    I am inordinately pleased that I am getting a colouring book. Which is embarrassing since I'm 26...
    I feel that way about any exclusive new OotS artwork, regardless of what form it takes. More! MOAR!

13. - Top - End - #1873
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedDancer View Post

I feel like the minimum for items requiring the hand of the Giant is much higher:
    Hmm, I think you're probably right. The number looked a bit low when I typed it, but I was too tired to double-check. Ah well

Anyway, I'm eager to find out what Mystery Prize #4 is; coloring books are all well and good, but I would imagine that for a milestone like a half million Rich has something larger in mind. Or at least I hope

14. - Top - End - #1874

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Palthera View Post
    I'm in my early 30s and I just promised another $25 in order to get a colouring book. Think how I feel :)

15. - Top - End - #1875
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by usuakari View Post

I'm preparing for the $500,000 party! When Rich hits a cool half-million dollars, he should- I don't know- mention it in a special Demon Cockroach Intermission strip?? Something cool, anyway. What an incredible accomplishment for an independent web comic!
    Hmm? Sorry, I'm a little busy trying to get all of the drink kegs ordered for the 1000% party already being planned.

16. - Top - End - #1876
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello really long thread!

I'm so friggin excited about this colouring book! I'm getting to the point where I think I'll have to add more money - I would definitely pay more than $35 for all the stuff I'm getting. (At the $25 level plus shipping)

Also, people on the kickstarter comments are suggesting everyone who can adds $2 on the last day, just to make a jump, which I think is a cool idea!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

17. - Top - End - #1877
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Full set signed and a box of crayons is open!

18. - Top - End - #1878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exediron View Post
    Hmm, I think you're probably right. The number looked a bit low when I typed it, but I was too tired to double-check. Ah well

Anyway, I'm eager to find out what Mystery Prize #4 is; coloring books are all well and good, but I would imagine that for a milestone like a half million Rich has something larger in mind. Or at least I hope
    You've done a great job with stats so far this drive. I just noticed what seemed like an inconsistency and wanted to help.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

19. - Top - End - #1879

Hey, I have two important questions:

1) Does Kickstarter accept ONLY Amazon Payments accounts?
    2) Does Amazon Payments accept ONLY credit cards and not prepaid cards?

To put it differently, how exactly do you pay Kickstarter with a prepaid card??
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

20. - Top - End - #1880
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    1) Does Kickstarter accept ONLY Amazon Payments accounts?
    Yes.

2) Does Amazon Payments accept ONLY credit cards and not prepaid cards?
    No. You should be able to find what amazon takes from amazon.com (there's a link at the bottom of the pages called "Help" that links to a lot of information, including payment options).

To put it differently, how exactly do you pay Kickstarter with a prepaid card??
    I already had an amazon account set up, but if you don't, I would assume that you do your pledge on the Kickstarter site, then when it links you to amazon, you'd set up an account.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

21. - Top - End - #1881
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Kickstarter accepts only Amazon - Paypal doesn't allow the "pledge now, pay later" model it's based on. But Amazon does accept prepaid debit cards, so if you can buy one, you should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

22. - Top - End - #1882
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

There's a limited $92 reward (signed SoD + any other signed book) going free--I've had to drop back down a few pledge levels because of unexpected expenses.

23. - Top - End - #1883
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Kickstarter accepts only Amazon - Paypal doesn't allow the "pledge now, pay later" model it's based on.
    Not true

24. - Top - End - #1884
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Now that would be something to send either to kickstarter or to amazon (or maybe to both) along with the information, that there are many people outside who would like to pledge, but have no credit card...

25. - Top - End - #1885
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Now that would be something to send either to kickstarter or to amazon (or maybe to both) along with the information, that there are many people outside who would like to pledge, but have no credit card...
    I'm pretty sure they know

26. - Top - End - #1886
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's 7 am here on the US East Coast and we have just reached 800% funded.

27. - Top - End - #1887
    Ogre in the Playground

Where would I ask this question:

Does an APO address count as a "normal" address, or as an International order? I've bought stuff shipped from Ookoodook before without additional shipping costs, but wanted to make sure. (I am guessing that someone will email me if I need to pay an additional amount.)
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

28. - Top - End - #1888

Given the rate that KS are growing, they in now in a position to negotiate terms with Paypal. They were almost a $100m business last year and, since 5 of the top 8 projects had end dates this year, I think there will be well past that turnover this year. Paypal will want their cut. Once KS get to see how much of their turnover switches to PP, they will then be in a position to negotiate directly with the card clearing houses.

29. - Top - End - #1889

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Where would I ask this question:

Does an APO address count as a "normal" address, or as an International order? I've bought stuff shipped from Ookoodook before without additional shipping costs, but wanted to make sure. (I am guessing that someone will email me if I need to pay an additional amount.)
    Ask Ookoodook as they're doing the shipping for this.

30. - Top - End - #1890

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Kickstarter accepts only Amazon - Paypal doesn't allow the "pledge now, pay later" model it's based on. But Amazon does accept prepaid debit cards, so if you can buy one, you should be good.
    Update.

I've sent an email to Amazon, and it turns out that pre-paid debit cards are accepted from Amazon Payments (which is the only thing that Kickstarter accepts, not an Amazon account in general) only when they are tied to an ACH bank account. In short, a US bank account. And sadly, I'm in Europe.

Now, a lot of non-Americans have (presumably) participated in Kickstarter. I can only assume that they use credit cards and not debit pre-paid cards, which Amazon Payments may accept in practice. And I say "in practice" because technically Amazon Payments isn't for non-Americans. (I just got a notification from them mentioning the IRS. I went straight to the FAQ and the "what if I'm a foreigner?" question, and the answer was "sorry, only US residents/citizens allowed".)

In short, Kickstarter allows only for Amazon Payments, which allows only for people from the US, which effectively doesn't let people from the rest of the world participate. This is messed up.

Of course, it can be (probably and hopefully) bypassed via credit card. But it certainly CANNOT be bypassed with a non-US pre-paid card, which is the only means I have to pay. I've sent an email to the Giant about this, and I hope an alternative can be found.

Until I get an answer, has anyone here managed to pay Kickstarter with a pre-paid debit card from outside the US? Maybe I'm missing something.

And come to think of it, does anyone here from outside the US have an Amazon Payments account, and knows for sure that it works? And if so, is it with a non-American credit card? I mean, Kickstarter doesn't charge you until the drive is over, so I wouldn't have known about this problem if I hadn't received an error message for another order.

P.S. I don't intend to get a credit card, ever. Frankly, I never meant to get a pre-paid card and start buying things over the internet either (because I'll get carried away, I'm unwise like that), but I went and issued one specifically for the OotS Kickstarter. It would be a crying shame to not be able to participate at all...
    Last edited by HeadlessMermaid; 2012-02-05 at 09:38 AM.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium