New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 95 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105120 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2821
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Just under 6,000 more and we'll be in top four. Mwahahahaha.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-18 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2822
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Just pretend I shooped the current total into the distance readout, OK?

Just pretend I found a match for the font, OK?

3. - Top - End - #2823

Spoiler
    Show

Hehe.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #2824
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Hehe.
    Another five minutes, another $500...this is mind-boggling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #2825
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post

Just pretend I found a match for the font, OK?
    No, no, the number is supposed to be the remaining distance to the target, not the distance traveled so far.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

6. - Top - End - #2826
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    No, no, the number is supposed to be the remaining distance to the target, not the distance traveled so far.
    The original picture will be just right before too long...
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

7. - Top - End - #2827

OldWizardGuy

But that would involve me doing subtraction, and I'm really not feeling up to complicated math tonight.

8. - Top - End - #2828
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    But that would involve me doing subtraction, and I'm really not feeling up to complicated math tonight.
    I'm not sure basic subtraction constitutes "complicated math," but w/e. I'm not sure I could think of a state of mind where I'd be able to do the necessary shop / upload where I wouldn't be able to do the necessary subtraction.

9. - Top - End - #2829

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Procyonpi View Post
    I'm not sure basic subtraction constitutes "complicated math," but w/e. I'm not sure I could think of a state of mind where I'd be able to do the necessary shop / upload where I wouldn't be able to do the necessary subtraction.
    It's a very specific level of tired.

I'm debating shifting to a higher pledge for a signed book (if I happen to be on when one shows up, that is!) I think I could afford one or two, but not the four that I'm missing. Any suggestions on which book I should get signed, if I get only one?

10. - Top - End - #2830
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    It's a very specific level of tired.

I'm debating shifting to a higher pledge for a signed book (if I happen to be on when one shows up, that is!) I think I could afford one or two, but not the four that I'm missing. Any suggestions on which book I should get signed, if I get only one?
    Which 4 out of 7 are you missing?
    My vote either goes to Snips and Snails or Dungeon Crawling.

11. - Top - End - #2831

...Are you two referencing DM of the Rings?

This was something I mentioned in the comments, but what would people think of part of Mystery Prize #8 being a vid of The Giant? People here squee whenever Mr. Burlew posts, and, assuming he already has something to record himself with, would be cheap for the Giant to make.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-18 at 11:31 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #2832

MindFlayer

remember though, red leader's run failed.

time to turn off the targeting computer and cast 'true strike'.

13. - Top - End - #2833
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Pledge Unlocked

PLEDGE $200 OR MORE
    0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (5 of 5 remaining)
    DUNGEONSCAPE: A new copy of the D&D 3.5 sourcebook Dungeonscape, autographed by one of its two co-authors, Rich Burlew, along with an autographed 8x10 print. Add all 7 OOTS books signed for an additional $300, or message me for selected books. Plus the magnet and whatever. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.)
    Estimated Delivery: Jun 2012

Something for the DMs out there, I think.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #2834

Wow, two taken already.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-18 at 11:39 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #2835
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I apologize for the temporary chaos, but I've managed eventually to add new column to the collectively maintained spreadsheet, in order to predict the total amount collected, assuming that the average rate keeps steady.

You can see it plotted in the last chart at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&pli=1#gid=0

16. - Top - End - #2836
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dungeonscape rewards are disappearing fast!

EDIT: Geez I go to work and this whole thing blows up! And I just saw that my limited reward got expanded beyond it's original number. Not that I begrudge it. I'm happy for everyone else who gets their party drawn. After all I can still say I picked it first. But really how can I go to work when this is shooting up like this? I might miss the million...
    Last edited by CloakedDancer; 2012-02-18 at 11:39 PM.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

17. - Top - End - #2837
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, I really wish I had more money. The Dungeonscape option is awesome.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

18. - Top - End - #2838
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    predict the total amount collected, assuming that the average rate keeps steady
    By the way, today is the first time since 2 weeks ago when it got above $1m.

19. - Top - End - #2839
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

One copy left....

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #2840
    Ogre in the Playground

We only need $1084/hour now!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

21. - Top - End - #2841
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    One copy left....
    And sold out as of a minute or two ago.

Happy DMming, folks who got it. May you create your very own Tarquins and Thogs.

22. - Top - End - #2842
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you think Rich will be Dr. Evil? (One million dollar)
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #2843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is Kickstarter slowing down for any of you also? Have we collectively burdened yet another server with our devotion?

Picture:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Unborne; 2012-02-19 at 12:24 AM.

24. - Top - End - #2844
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Okay, I'll be honest, I never EVER imagined us getting to one-million dollars. I always thought it was far too high for even us to reach. Now, however, I'm beginning to rethink that. Even if we're still a couple thousand or so short by the morning of the 21st, I can imagine quite a few people upping their pledges in mass panic to try to reach the million mark.

So, how many people want to call the major news networks to try to get Rich an interview after the pledge total hits seven digits?

25. - Top - End - #2845
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alagaesian View Post
    Okay, I'll be honest, I never EVER imagined us getting to one-million dollars. I always thought it was far too high for even us to reach. Now, however, I'm beginning to rethink that. Even if we're still a couple thousand or so short by the morning of the 21st, I can imagine quite a few people upping their pledges in mass panic to try to reach the million mark.

So, how many people want to call the major news networks to try to get Rich an interview after the pledge total hits seven digits?
    *Imagines Rich on the Today show*
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

26. - Top - End - #2846
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alagaesian View Post
    Unfortunately, Rich has expressly asked us NOT to do that for him. While he'd probably be up for a phone interview or something like that (given the podcast) that is something he'd probably want to organize himself.

Nice idea, though.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-19 at 12:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #2847
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Unfortunately, Rich has expressly asked us NOT to do that for him. While he'd probably be up for a phone interview or something like that (given the podcast) that is something he'd probably want to organize himself.

Nice idea, though.
    He really is reclusive. I hope he's feeling alright.

28. - Top - End - #2848

wink Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    He really is reclusive. I hope he's feeling alright.
    A chronic casemof occulus adhesevius... een-scray for the last 28 days, unfortunately.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-19 at 12:46 AM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #2849

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    A chronic casemof occulus adhesevius... een-scray for the last 28 days, unfortunately.
    Is there a translation of that for those who aren't medically inclined?

30. - Top - End - #2850
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (OOTS is #4 Kickstarter of All Time)