New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

Outside the Forcefield

"Not only is your argument shockingly racist to your own species, whom We would point out do not automatically 'like evil', as evidenced by at least one prominent political figure in the Nexus, but you cannot honestly expect us to both accept that you are an, ahem, "stereotypical" devil who just loves evil and that you have no ulterior motives. If you wish to use such crude stereotyping, We would counsel you actually learn a little about the archetypes you're using.

We might say more, but We have better ways to spend our time than arguing with fools, especially when this gentleman has so kindly decided to rid us of you."
    And true to their word, the Battlemages will proceed to ignore the annoying devil, instead concentrating on more pressing matters. Unless there's something that would prevent them from doing so, the first Battlemage teleport Prometheus over to the stands, the others quickly throwing a stasis spell over the charred, bludgeoned and in general mutilated body to preserve any spark of life that might remain.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside Trogs]
    ((Details of all different fights are spoilered or else they'd stretch the page without question. It's easier this way.))

Kale and Grendar's fight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grendar has the good sense to let go of the pick-axe before he can be kicked. Actually, it's more that the force hurts his teeth and less that he's aware of the attack, but at least he lets go. Now, I'm not certain, but it seems to me like that might have unsteadied Kale.

Grendar is very keen to take advantage of that.

As he rises to attack again however, he's dissuaded greatly by a searing flash of light across his muzzle that sends him jerking back and howling in rage as he claws at his face.

Kale, wait! It's Sleet, and she's next to him in a heartbeat. Actually, closer than next to him for, if he allows, she will heal the gnoll scratches.

Well... it's undoubtedly unnecessary for her to cup his chin like that, gently caressing his face with her left thumb, and it's just as unnecessary for her to run her other hand down over his chest lightly to heal the wounds. But, at least the divine light she calls down is healing him, right?

It also (If he's allowed it I suppose) gives Grendar a chance to remember his whip. He twirls it out and it uncurls. It's even more viscous looking up close. Black as shadows, it's length is covered in very tiny spikes for the purpose of catching and tearing flesh. The forked end is wickedly sharp.

Sleet draws a sharp breath and takes a step back from Kale, realizing that the miner is probably the primary victim.

She's wrong. Kale's direction does receive the first halfhearted lash, but the second, the proper one is aimed directly at her.

-------

Marty and Drift:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drift leans against the tree, completely unbothered by the raging battle. He's been in worse. He's also aware that neither side means him any harm. He's about as safe as he can be.

I ask because I was told that our little 'Shada' has apparently made contact with some men. I was told of a half-elf, Marty.

He wasn't told anything else, but hey, he can take a shot in the dark. Drift's not bad at that.

Yes, poor little Shada. You know, most of everything that ails her can be pinned on only one gnoll.

He's wanted revenge on Grendar for a long time for poking out his eyes. Besides that, everything he was saying was actually true. Him. He points at the large gnoll attacking Kale and Sleet.

Oh yes, he's the one who chose her for the Pits in the first place, in fact. Said she was 'pretty'. Don't see how that would have helped her survive, but it seems like she did. Although she's not really as pretty now... No, Grendar made sure of that.

------

AM4 and gnolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually superhuman strength does a great job of breaking the gnoll's ribs. It even yields a satisfying CRUNCH! and a satisfying YIP! from the gnoll.

Of course, it also means that the gnoll is terrified and in pain, losing sense of the world as it claws and snaps wildly at the machine it's over.

Its brothers would join in except that AM4 is lying down - I believe - after the gnoll knocked it over, and they don't want to further anger their brother over him by joining the attack. They jump around the fight, yipping and growling in a very hyena-like manner.

One has the bright idea to try and snap at one of AM4's legs that seems semi-visible. He tries to pin it with his paws and use it as a chew toy for his massive, strong jaws.

Mmm... metal. Tasty.

------

Talnassa and company:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sudden burst of steam causes the sword-wielding woman to back away, covering her eyes and screaming in surprise and pain as the steam burns her face.

Just as the mage is preparing a nice destructive spell, she finds herself knocked to the ground by... by the lizardfolk women of all people.

What are you doing? The mage screams in irritation.

Hopefully ssaving our livess. She hisses back. She pushes aside the fighter and walks up to Talnassa. She's wary of the robot, but more than that, she's realised her potential.

We need your help. Without it we'll never be free of the gnollss.

You mean..?

Yess. We need to sstart the rebellion. Here. Now. But we need help. We have no hope on our own.
    But Talnassa had already shown that she had amazing potential, that the lizardfolk lady has seen. Would you help uss?

Don't mistake the 'plea' for her aid with an easing of tension. Every slave there still has their hands on a weapon of some kind, and the screams of pain from their fallen comrade still bleeding from the legs doesn't do anything to help either. But they grit their teeth and wait for an answer.

The waves of necromantic energy travel straight into the mass of slaves around Chez...

-----

Chez and slaves:

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that's just unfair. The slaves, wandering around through the smoke and gasping for air aren't even a match for Chez.

GUST OF WIND! Cries Kremiir urgently and after a moment the tear gas cloud is blown away, leaving the slaves still under the effect for a little while longer. They're coughing, retching, stumbling around, and being killed by Chez.

Then the necromantic energy hits. It rips through about ten slaves, and suddenly there are hallucinations as well as coughing, but really, at the state the slaves are already in, it doesn't actually do very much at all...

Although, if Chez was in the way, who knows? It could have hit him as well...
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-02-21 at 09:44 PM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #453

Outside the Forcefield

Rogar turns, tears gone from his eyes, rage taking their place. He walks towards Magtok, hands cletched tight.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Glory Fields

The particular Moff that was watching Rogar doesn't try to stop him and remains by the force bubble.

Moff 4 watches Kal turn into Rocket Man. It's less impressive, but far sexier, than Magtok's earlier Rocket Man performance. He dodges the tentacles and wanders over to the battlemages and Prometheus corpse. "Er, I recommend a closed casket funeral. Just saying."

Prometheus being covered with MagGuts and PromGuts does not help his appearance in the least.

The other Moffs keep cheering, waiting for someone to make a telewarp portal back to base for the Post Game Party.

Except that one Moff who is lying unconscious where Zefir whapped him with a rocket launcher.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-21 at 10:56 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    [Glory Fields]

After some weird thing with time happening so Dark Lord is still attacking Kal in part. The main body on the other hand goes fuzzy, not tv fuzzy, just out of phrase with things and slides through the force field. Then it trys grabs Magtok's corpse.

(Escape Artist dc 120, is an example of people doing this trick in 3.5 but this isn't d&d but the trick is still possible.)
    Dark Lord doesn't slide through the forcefield unless I say he slides through the forcefield, since it's my forcefield and all. However, it turns out that I am saying that. Just this time, though. More often than not, I've noticed that godmodding will be responded to with the character's action failing.

Anyway, Darky will probably need both hands to scoop up Magtok's body, and maybe a large box to hold it all in. The cyborg is mostly just liquified gore and shiny parts, given how hard he hit the wall earlier. The other Magtok would probably do something to stop Dark Lord, but it seems he's busy right now. Not only are those battlemages magically plucking Prometheus out of the battlefield, but it looks like Rogar has a thing or two to say to him as well. Our universally loathed and loved cyborg frowns, a hand dropping cautiously to his side, as he waits nervously to see what it is that Gordon's right hand man has in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #456

Outside of Battlefield

Rogar having reached Magtok, stands still before the cyborg.

"Open the field. Now."

7. - Top - End - #457

(thank you)

[Glory Fields inside field]

Well it's more of an mass of tentacles mouths, and a rough humanoid shape then something that just has hands, so the corpse is more of put into an living bag than grabbed by hands.

[Glory Fields]

The tentacles get a bit burnt by Kal's hellfire, but quickly mend themselfs and some of them start reaching for him. Other ones start shooting some really oddly colored beams from the eyes on them.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Trogs]
    ((Details of all different fights are spoilered or else they'd stretch the page without question. It's easier this way.))

Marty and Drift:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Drift leans against the tree, completely unbothered by the raging battle. He's been in worse. He's also aware that neither side means him any harm. He's about as safe as he can be.

I ask because I was told that our little 'Shada' has apparently made contact with some men. I was told of a half-elf, Marty.

He wasn't told anything else, but hey, he can take a shot in the dark. Drift's not bad at that.

Yes, poor little Shada. You know, most of everything that ails her can be pinned on only one gnoll.

He's wanted revenge on Grendar for a long time for poking out his eyes. Besides that, everything he was saying was actually true. Him. He points at the large gnoll attacking Kale and Sleet.

Oh yes, he's the one who chose her for the Pits in the first place, in fact. Said she was 'pretty'. Don't see how that would have helped her survive, but it seems like she did. Although she's not really as pretty now... No, Grendar made sure of that.

Marty looks at Drift. Marty's eyes are a swirling mess of fear, sorrow, and great fury. Marty's face is twisted into an almost unholy scowl of rage. Marty now realizes that it was this gnoll "Grendar"'s fault that Shada was not happy. All he wanted was to be with Shada. For her to be happy, but she couldn't be. She was haunted by her past. As he was his. Marty truly cared about Shada. More than anything. But for once in his life, he wanted revenge. Even against Thenadier, who had put Marty through Hell, Marty would not kill him. It was simply not Marty. But for once. Just once. Marty wanted to kill....Marty threw down his pistol in a fit of rage. Marty relied on his rifle as a crutch. He limped to the battlefield, using his rifle to almost pole-vault the way, luckily the rifle was strong and Marty didn't weigh much. Marty picks up a discarded scimitar. Then, Marty does something stupid. He charges at Grendar. He moves fast despite the lame foot and pathetic make-shift crutch. Marty's eyes are almost flaming. The pain from the foot causes tears to form in Marty's crystal-blue eyes. Marty approaches Grendar and tries to swing as hard as he can straight at Grendar's neck. Marty let's go of his rifle and uses both hands. Marty is forced to stand on the burnt, broken limb. Marty is now noticeably crying and in great pain. He shouts, What did you do to her?! You monster!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-21 at 11:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

[Glory Fields]

"Yes please, educate me on my own motives and faction. Dumbass."
    Oh how he'd love to wring that smarmy little ****er's neck.
    "Bah, whatever. Ilpholin won, and I am officially over this ****. Have fun being a bunch of unlikeable nutcases. I'll be back once AMEN starts getting a better class of villain again."
    And then they teleported out.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-21 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Glory Fields

But... but... Moff 4 was about to sell his soul to Kal before this fight started! And there was going to be hawt devil sex! D=

Moff 4 has a sad.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #461

[Glory Fields]

"Words from an outsider. Meaningless if it comes from her."

He notice that something happened .

"Excuse me now."

The smile on his face grows bigger and bigger and his eyes got smaller in his current state. He runs down to the battelmages, when Prometheus is ported to them. Since they talked to kal they shouldn't be that far away. But befor they cast there stasis they should care for there lifes.

From the direction Zefir runs 4 knifs fly to them one for each mage. All these dagger are made of an element. Fire coming from top. Air coming from nowhere. Water coming from the next source of water(including drink from the Moffs. And earth coming from the ground itself. All dagger aim at the neck of one mage. Zefir in this time searches something in his bag.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Outside Trogs]
    Talnassa and company:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sudden burst of steam causes the sword-wielding woman to back away, covering her eyes and screaming in surprise and pain as the steam burns her face.

Just as the mage is preparing a nice destructive spell, she finds herself knocked to the ground by... by the lizardfolk women of all people.

What are you doing? The mage screams in irritation.

Hopefully ssaving our livess. She hisses back. She pushes aside the fighter and walks up to Talnassa. She's wary of the robot, but more than that, she's realised her potential.

We need your help. Without it we'll never be free of the gnollss.

You mean..?

Yess. We need to sstart the rebellion. Here. Now. But we need help. We have no hope on our own.
    But Talnassa had already shown that she had amazing potential, that the lizardfolk lady has seen. Would you help uss?

Don't mistake the 'plea' for her aid with an easing of tension. Every slave there still has their hands on a weapon of some kind, and the screams of pain from their fallen comrade still bleeding from the legs doesn't do anything to help either. But they grit their teeth and wait for an answer.

The waves of necromantic energy travel straight into the mass of slaves around Chez...
    The slaves around her won't have to wait long for an answer, Talnissa's thoughts on the matter having been decided since the start of the battle.

"I will."

And, with that, the strange construct starts to channel magic again, this time, into a healing spell, focused on the one she shot through the legs, which should at least stop most of the bleeding and dull the pain, unless he has some sort of resistance to magic, and at best fully repair the damage, including restoring the blood he's lost, so that he's as capable of fighting as he was before.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Cylon Crash Site

"I do not know what that means. We have many skillful artisans and craftspersons who work industriously. Though I was not one of them. I was only taught what is appropriate for a noble consort to know - music, needlework, and drawing, as well as history and languages."
    Cole says.
    [Cylon Crash Site]

"Return to me once your culture has invented the steam engine, and perhaps I will have something to share with you." Says Asshat!Cylon.
    "Meanwhile, I have more important matters to deal with, than entertain a human."
    Meanwhile, another Cylon turns, seemingly glaring at Asshat!Cylon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Cylon Crash Site

Cole bows as he has been taught. "Good day then, Sir."
    He does think this cylon is a jerk, but he's too well bred to show it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] Outside XXIX

[Outside of Trog's]

As the Gnoll's attacks grow more enraged, one of them manages to get past AM4's defencive plating and hit her glowing "heart".

"iiIIAARRhhh"

As the machination screams and spasms in pain, the disturbance causes a fortunate effect for the Obedient creation. The same energy which is coiled within the stricken core and which had before lashed through her palms to knock back the slaves, now shoots from the only features of an otherwise blank and smooth face. The eyes.

While the beam is not as powerful as before, the Gnoll only have a very short moment to evade the energy from point-blank ranguncomfortablyortaby close to its face.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

The Glory Fields

Ilpholin glances at Magtok. "Grab whatever remains of that generator and study it." For reverse engineering of course.

She turns her attention back to Becky and Valente. "Take us back to AMEN Becky. The security hallway. I have announcements to make and rats to root out."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #467

The Glory Fields

Pfft. Study it. Like Magtok doesn't have bigger, better, and significantly more awesome generators than that. Please. He totally has something better, somewhere, maybe. I mean, okay, maybe he doesn't, but he could, if he wanted to, right? Normally he doesn't, but he totally could!

He grudgingly steps towards the forcefield, waiting Ilpholin to leave with Becky, assuming that happens, before shutting the thing down and heading off towards the busted generator, to follow Ilpholin's command. As much as he'd like to ignore that order, it'd make her look bad right now, and they're in absolutely no position to allow for any more of that sort of squabbling and infighting right now. He has work to do now, and has nothing better to do than attend to them.

Well, that, and trying to figure out an excuse to get out of going on a date with Libby. He's not quite sure if that dead clone is still obligated to handle the promise himself, or if it'll just pass on to another MagClone, but until that conveyor of released souls explains things one way or another, he'll just have to go about his business, nervously waiting for the other shoe to drop right on his face.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert slinks to follow Magtok. Oy! Maggy? I have a quwstion for you "Supreme Leader".

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

The Glory Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilpholin glances at Magtok. "Grab whatever remains of that generator and study it." For reverse engineering of course.

She turns her attention back to Becky and Valente. "Take us back to AMEN Becky. The security hallway. I have announcements to make and rats to root out."
    "By your command," Becky says with a bow, completely sincerely...as she straightens up, and then waves her hand at the air.

Opening a shadowspace window!
    "After me, AMEN Express, security hall!"
    And she turns to walk through it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #470

Fields of Nothing In Particular Anymore

Magtok stops in front of the ruined generator, and frowns. Ugh, this guy again. Whatever it is, it can't possibly be good. Magtok braces himself for bad news or inconvenience, gritting his teeth as he turns to reply to Javert.

"Yes?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Unless Reinholdt wishes otherwise, Melody and Reinholdt land on the beach. Melody faces him. So, would you like to see Lyana and Estia again before you go?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Glory Fields

A random Moff tosses his empty drink bottle on the ground and knocks on the head of the nearest Magbot. *knock knock* "Yo. Make us all a portal back to base." Sure, the Moffs could use the Yellow Road, but there's a tentacle beast rampaging at the moment. "And be sure and bring the beer for the post-game party"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody's Island}

Unless Reinholdt wishes otherwise, Melody and Reinholdt land on the beach. Melody faces him. So, would you like to see Lyana and Estia again before you go?
    "Sure. And, uh... thanks for coming with me Melody. I had a lot of fun." Reinholdt says, scuffing his boot on the ground a little.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Melody giggles. I thought you came with me. I also had fun. We should do this more often. She holds out her hands to Reinholdt.

25. - Top - End - #475

Fields

Rogar quickly moves heads towards his fallen boss once the forcefield is down. He knees down, and pulls out a small mirror, placing it by Gordon's nosils. After waiting for a minute, a faint mist appears on the mirror.

Rogar smiles with this. Looks like his boss isn't dead, not just yet. He takes a quick look around well he stands up, putting the mirror away.

Stands

"Hey, if Gordon is dead, who's paying us?"

A good point, Sweetums. Gordon was the one paying the henchmen, so if he's gone, where the henchmen are going to get paid from is an unknown.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Fields of Glory

Javert smiles at Magtok's obvious annoyance, Well, I'm here to let you know we've been banned from Inside. Which means I'm technically a criminal. So. I'm guessing you have no need for the other contestants corpses? I would like to borrow one....

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Glory Fields

Ilpholin steps through the portal! So that Magtok can lower the forcefield and people can do what they're already doing as if the forcefield were down. Try to keep some congruity at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Melody's Island}

Melody giggles. I thought you came with me. I also had fun. We should do this more often. She holds out her hands to Reinholdt.
    [Melody's Island]

"I can definitely agree with that. Maybe next week?" Reinholdt suggests, taking her hands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #478

Glory Fields

Magtok gestures towards Gordon's body.

"Go right ahead, but you might have to tussle with Rogar for it. Not my problem if he kills you, either."

With that said, he opens up a telewarp portal to the Main Room in AMEN for the Moffs. Or tries, anyway. It shoots out a pillar of steam at him, which he only manages to very narrowly dodge by ducking out of the way. Jegus fudge, what is even going on in there?!

"Raptor Christ what?!"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Fields of Corpses

Well, Javert is already dead. The wraith floats over to Gorden's body and attempts to possess it. Sadly, Javert believes Gorden's dead. This means if he successfully possesses Gorden's body that Gorden's mind might accidentally merge with Javert's personality. So, It's up to Phantom really. Javert could be thrown out, but that would mean Javert would know Gorden's alive.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I can definitely agree with that. Maybe next week?" Reinholdt suggests, taking her hands.
    Reinholdt..... Melody starts, realizing her mistake. Uh, could you get the clothes out, please. she doesn't pull away, but she does look a little uncomfortable.