New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools of Chaos

1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tools of Chaos

Couldn,t be me. I enjoy a fight too much to let the law tell me when to stop. Sounds like a nice fellow though. Any chance you could introduce us?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    An entertaining defeat is better than a boring victory...
    Spoiler: Current characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Someone who returns a staff to its rightful owners descendant when they were hired to obtain it isn't pretty lawful? Doesn't matter anyway. You aren't him.wink Valgris has some dangerous plans in motion and i would watch out for he or his agents if I were you. Can you tell me where I can find his dwarf employee who has been gathering objects in his quest for the Token of Prosperity?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

If I knew the chap I'd beat the snot out of him for looking so much like me. What's a prosperity token?
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

The Token of Prosperity is an artifact that once activated is supposed to increase the wealth of the one who activates it. Something of a local legend, but there are some who believe it really exists. Now, what brings you into the common lands? Try as you might you can't get any more information out of her that isn't of a superficial, but personal nature. In other words, she flirts with you, but stonewalls you on any other information, unless it is general local knowledge. she says her name is Cheyane, but that is the most substantial thing she gives you.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

By way of flirting, brag about myself, my feats of strength, and enemies defeated. Like the time I defeated the gargoyle of Pushe with nothing but a blacksmith's hammer and my own cunning. When I have spent enough time to be polite, excuse myself, citing a long journey in the morning, and go to bed.

Rise early and hit the road, watching for anyone watching or following me.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

She laughs, oohs and awes at the appropriate points in your stories.
    In the morning you don't see anyone follow you when you leave. It takes you two uneventful days to get to Anterium.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

On the way, try on the Assassin's ring and see if anything happens. When I get to the city, take a room in an inn near the prison and discretely inquire about visiting prisoners as a spiritual adviser.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't notice a difference when you put the ring on. When you ask about visiting as a spiritual advisor they simply ask who you wish to see.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

I am looking for Saran. His family has sent me to ensure his well being.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

The guard looks at you blankly. When you give him a description he says "Oh, you mean Targer. That is the name he was booked under. Never did give us a name, but his squealer confederate did. Anyway, follow me." He leads you up several flights of steps, down several corridors, and then down a flight of steps, finally he brings you to a cell raps on the door and says "Targer, visitor." and leaves. You see him through the door, an elf with a distinctive scar on his face. The guard leaves.
    Make a wisdom check
    10 or more
    Spoiler
    Show
    You remember Chamilles last words to you "Trust the scarred elf.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Roll wisdomwisdom - (1d20+3)[19]

Greet the elf with a bow. As a cleric of Kord, is there anything I can provide you? I was sent by Valgris...
    Last edited by madtinker; 2012-05-19 at 05:44 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Kord, the brawler means nothing to me, though you are probably some type of goody two-shoes, which isn't all bad. What does concern me is what my troublesome nephew sent you to do. It can't be breaking me out of this place, which in most instances is impossible anyway. Must be something about the Token of Prosperity that he has been searching for for years. I haven't had a visitor in over a year, so ask any questions and make any requests you like. It doesn't mean I will say yes or no and most requests I can't do much about.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Well, you won't see me hopping around in just one boot, so a two shoes I am. Does the name Chamille Bluehelm mean anything to you? What is the token of Prosperity, and should your nephew have it?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

The name Chamille Bluehelm means nothing to me. The last name of Bluehem does, but not Chamille. A long time ago I knew an Astrid Bluehem. Could be a daughter, though she didn't strike me as the type when I knew her. The Token of Prosperity is indeed real. The holder of it has their endeavors prosper, no matter what is going on around them in the world.It is a fairly benign artifact if the user of it is of modest ambition or doesn't know what it is and simply thinks they are in a run of good fortune. My nephew is neither of these, unless he has changed a lot in the last century or so. As far as whether he should have it, that depends on your point of view. There was a time I would have said no, but I am not so sure anymore. Now, why would you bring up the Bluehem name?

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

For some reason Chamille thought you were trustworthy. Valgris seems to think you have a dagger that would help him find the Token. Is he correct?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Astrid must have told her about me, and given the circumstances it might have been important to have Chamille know that her armor did have one special property, or maybe she saw something that you would need to know. You must have talked to her ghost or something because we all made a promise to say anything about what we knew of the Token of Prosperity, except to our successor. As for the dagger, it could, but he would have to know what to do with it. Obviously he has Astrid's armor. Do you know of anyone else who might be after the Token?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Possibly Dagon Hamstringer and his wife. They wanted a wizard's staff from the Redskin clan crypt. Funny, that they would hire mercenaries to steal property they already have the rights to.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

after a little further explaination: Blackmoor crypt. What is buried there is not meant to leave. You leave something there, it is supposed to stay there. They hired mercs to retrieve, not steal. Probably a granddaughter. He was old when i knew him. Look, I probably have at least another 100 years to live and i don't want to rot in this prison. If you can get me out, the dagger is yours to do with as you wish.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Any ideas how? Could I get you a pardon, and from whom? Or would bribery be an easier path? If I break you out with brute force, you'll only be pursued and re-incarcerated.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

He chuckles. There is no bribery or pardons from this place. The only way out is death, or faking it. That is where you come in. I need you to get me a lionfish with its spines attached, an ingredient from an undead construct, either bone meal, zombie flesh, or vampire dust. I also need some blinkdog hair... He goes on to list many more ingredients, among them a bottle of mead and fine flour, all of which can be obtained at a tavern for about 10 gold.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

All that for ten gold? Easily done sir. Anything else?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

I never said anything about anything costing 10 gold, but the lionfish, undead matter, and blinkdog hair will be harder.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be back when I have the ingredients. Will smuggling them in be a problem? I mean, the guards will let you keep it all, won't they? If he says yes, it's not a problem, then shout REFORM IS THE ONLY ANSWER, AND YE KNOW IT WELL! TO THE HELLS WITH THEE, STUBBORN FOOL! as I'm leaving, so as to confuse the guards.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

He says just bring it on your next visit, they have wards on the cells so that if any of the prisoners leave them they are incapacitated. The guards give you a puzzled look at your exclamation.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Mutter to myself, loud enough that the guard can hear. He'll never change Head to an apothecary shop to find the more exotic ingredients.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

When you enter the shop Reactive Reagents and inquire for the lionfish, undead matter and blink dog hair they blink at you in astonishment as they do not stock those items. They do have some ideas where you can them, as well as a sarcastic comment that some liches phylactery could be the best undead related material that could be used if you are making a potion of Waking Death. Or you could find some cave with one of the practicing necromancers in the hills. The lionfish can be found in a stream a half days journey in the Gully of Awry Magic. There are rumors of a pack of blink dogs that is are guardians of some old ruins where people tend to disappear, though there is a scholar in town who frequents the area and seems to bring all sorts of old stuff and information in to town. Goes by the name Chuancy.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Angus bows deeply. Thank the proprieter. If they have tanglefoot bags in stock, buy two. Ask where to find this Chauncy, then go track him down. Express interest in accompanying him.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

They do have tanglefoot bags. You are directed to a shop that has from what you can tell, masses of junk strewn about. A human in his 20s mans the counter. When asked about Chuancy he says that his uncle is out on expedition, but is due back that night. When asked if he might be open to a companion he replies that is up to Chuancy. As you prepare to leave a man in his 40s comes through the door, says in an excited voice "I found it" and drops to the floor.
    Note
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 1500 Xp for defeating the mercenaries, returning the staff, objective accomplishments, etc.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Rush to his aid. Cast CLW. Search for injuries and signs of poisoning or enchantments.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon your casting CLW his eyes flutter open. In response to your other ministrations He says Thank you, but I am not hurt, just exhausted, need rest. Nephew, help me to bed. As for you, I may have need of your aid tomorrow, if you are willing.