New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Remnant III

Visiting Room

The cyborg nods.

"I'll do what I can. Maybe stockpile some stuff for Halloween, too. The Riverside MagMart won't notice if a crate or two of the things go missing."

He stands up, reaches into his robe, and pulls out a card. The poor thing is absolutely coated in pen marks, little 'M's all over the thing, a signature for each and every MagClone that could be reached to sign it. You can barely even tell what it is beneath all the single-letter signatures, a HallMag card meant to let its recipient know you're thinking of them.

"Anyways, it's good to see you again, Cassius."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Visiting Room

Cassius stands with his father and once he sees the card, reaches out to take it with a shaking hand. He holds back the emotions just enough to keep himself together. Even so, he'll reach across to hug his father tightly. Screw the guards and if word spread to the other convicts. He could handle them with hardly any effort. "Love you Father. Take care of yourselves."

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

Visiting Room

"Whatever happens in there, don't let it change who you are."

Magtok withdraws from the hug with a smile, and turns away, hoping those words stick with Cassius. That thing he'd said when he came home with those supremacist heads, the thing about wrongs that are right, it shook Magtok at his core. He didn't want to say so then, but that, more than anything else, made him very much afraid for his son.

His shining hero boy, his wondrous champion, succumbing to that 'ends justify the means' philosophy so many soldier types here in Remnant chant, in order to permit themselves to sleep at night. Magtok has no illusions about who he is or the immorality of what he does. Nothing could be worse than a son more wicked than the cyborg himself.

"I'll see you next visiting day, and you'll get your chocolate, I promise. See you then!"

Foreboding warnings one moment, cheer and smiles and sunshine the next. You'd never even think Magtok had ever whispered such a thing, with his grin as wide as it is as he heads for the exit.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-16 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Visitor Center

Cassius gulps a bit and nods solemnly to his father. "I'll see you then. I promise." He swears before watching Magtok leave. Once the clone leaves, Cassius turns away and gives a nod to the guards, telling them he's ready to go.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

Leah Loveman is doing pull ups in the common area when she sees Cassius returning with the other people who had visitors today. She can't read the freak's facial expression for sure, but most people tended to be a combination of cheerful and homesick after visits.

She drops down and gives Mosegi, her spotter, a squeeze on the hand. "Stay here. I'm going to go pester the freak."

She's been in the Company long enough for her shaved head to grow out, and her body is tanned with well toned muscles. She has a nice sheen of sweat that would probably make her attractive to anyone attracted to cold blooded murderers.

"Oooh, look who figured out how to use the door instead of the wall," she sneers.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

Cassius rolls his eyes at Leah before smirking and shaking his head. "At least I have the common sense to do things the right way, slowpoke." He tells her before looking past her at her spotter. He could practically smell the two of them on each other. "And at least I have enough taste not to **** someone who likely doesn't know what a wall is."

He didn't like the comeback, feeling it was a bit weak, but at least he said something. He was going to have to stay up a little later tonight to work on some to store for later use. Snappy Comebacks were a must and he was lacking in them.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

"If you want to take shortcuts in your training, be my guest. It'll just get you killed later," Leah says. "Who came to visit you today? It couldn't have been a girlfriend, unless you've been taking advantage of a blind girl. So I guess it would have to be Mommy. Or maybe... Daddy?" There were some rumors going around, and she was hoping to find out if they were true.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

"And if I said it was a boyfriend?"
    Cassius asks with an amused smile and quirked eyebrow before acting like he was giving Mosegi an appraising look. "I can see why you'd ignore lack of intelligence, but I suppose I just have better standards."

Now why couldn't he have thought of something that good earlier?
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-08-17 at 02:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rec Center

It's a long time since Tovpir really did something. So he felt asleep again in the Rec center giving the impression a big rock stands in one of the corners. Now that the deadtime Ooze is fading away he strethes his feets and his string while looking for what is going on now. Maybe someone is here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

Leah turns to look at Mosegi at the same time. Okay, the guy really wasn't all that bright - he'd been convicted of arson, and she suspected he'd inhaled too much smoke - but he had a beautifully sculpted body, and it was all human. "Of course. Your standards are too high. It couldn't possibly be that girls and boys alike think you're a freak."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

[Lieutenant's Office]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Main Gate]

"Well, I have trained to track and hunt for most of my life. I have worked as bounty hunter and tracked all sorts of criminals. I've always wanted to be a cop here in the Nexus sir, I have tried to make sure I had the skills to do that. I can investigate crime scenes with senses much better then most people. And while I may not look like much I can handle myself in a fight."

Noah doesn't mind his stiff manner, he would prefer a more friendly person but he is happy to be heard out and hoping for the best.
    Mhmm. That does sound useful and we do always need investigators. Obviously, we will put your abilities to test so we can be sure you will be able to aid Remnant, the Lieutenant says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

When she turns to look, Cassius can't help but smile and shift his form, needing to try and catch Leah off-balance. Not just for a matter of pride, but to help prove a point and for his own amusement. When she turns back, she'll find a man several inches taller than her standing in front of her. His skin is dark tan, almost brown, and he lacks any hair. His facial features are thin and sharp, and even though his frame his now slim, the muscles on it appear to be nearly...Olympian. "That's the thing about being a shapeshifter." Cassius says with a sly smile. "People tend not to care."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

Leah is startled into taking a couple of steps back. "****ing freak!" she spits, infuriated that he made her lose her composure like that, and even more so that he managed to look so damn good while he did it. Why the hell did he advertise being a freak if he had the option of looking like... like that... whenever he wanted? It made her nauseous to think there could be others like him among them, masquerading as humans when they were really something else under the skin. "Stop pretending to be something better than you are."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lieutenant's Office]

Mhmm. That does sound useful and we do always need investigators. Obviously, we will put your abilities to test so we can be sure you will be able to aid Remnant, the Lieutenant says.
    "Of course, I would be happy to take any test. I imagine working in this city you will probably find your ablities tested fairly often actually."

Noah's tail wags with excitment. He half feared that he would be turned down right from the start. If he gets a chance to prove himself he is sure he can make a good impression.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

"Better?"
    Cassius asks, taking a step forward as he shifts back. "What am I not supposed to be, you? It's better to be a bigotted bitch who can't help but ogle someone she knows she's supposed to loath and hate?" He asks with a snort. "I don't need to pretend to be better than you, Leah. I know I am."

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

"You wish,"
    Leah says. "I guess it's true then, what people say about your Daddy. You've got enough of an inflated ego to be his son anyway."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course, I would be happy to take any test. I imagine working in this city you will probably find your ablities tested fairly often actually."

Noah's tail wags with excitment. He half feared that he would be turned down right from the start. If he gets a chance to prove himself he is sure he can make a good impression.
    "Very well," the officer says with a nod. "You will wait outside my office while I go and make arrangements. You will be required to find one of our staff who will hide somewhere in the base."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-17 at 03:48 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

Cassius can't help but chortle at that before looking at her again. "Compared to your's, our egos pale in comparison." He says, giving her an over-elaborate mock bow. "Now if you can move aside, perhaps I can get my "Oh so undeserving" self out of your hating gaze."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-08-17 at 03:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

Penal Company

Leah turns and flounces back to Mosegi, grabbing him behind the neck and pulling him into a deep kiss - and earning some jeers and whistles from some of the other prisoners for the overt display.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Penal Company

Cassius just raises an eyebrow at the scene and looks across the crowd. Spying another human woman, he begins to walk over to her, plans in mind. If it worked, Leah wasn't going to be happy.

Good.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lieutenant's Office]

"All right. I will be right outside."

He turns to out into the hall. Hopefully that soldier will be kind enough to open the door for him.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

[Lieutenant's Office ==> Inner Courtyard]

Noah will indeed be led out of the office and he will wait a long while after the officer leaves.
    Eventually, the officer returns and says: Follow me to the inner courtyard.
    Assuming Noah follows, he will be presented with a single military boot.
    It belongs to one of our staff. Try and track her down by scent.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lieutenant's Office ==> Inner Courtyard]

Noah follows along, and he nods when he gets his instructions. He goes over and sniffs the boot. Once he is sure he has a good scent of the person who wears the boot he starts to sniff around to see how the boot got here. Maybe someone carried it, or hopefully the staff member dropped it off and then fled missing a shoe.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

[Inner Courtyard]

It would appear that the owner of the shoe did drop it there and left. The scent leads to the left, through the door marked as "Recreation Center".

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Inner Courtyard>>Rec Center]

Noah's keen nose does indeed lead him to the Rec center. He continues to follow the scent trail.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

[Rec Center]

Once in the Rec center, the scent becomes a little confusing. It seems the owner of the shoe went into the kitchen, then went back into the main dining room, walked around it for a good while, and then headed downstairs to the building's basement.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Rec Center]

Noah takes his time being careful not to loose the scent. His nose leading the way through the winding path this person lead. He almost looses the scent in the main dining room. So many people all together, and assuming this bootless person lives on the base, they all have similar common smells. But still Noah manages to follow it all the way down into the basement.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #928
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Rec Center]

The giant stone scorpion watches the dog. It's a bit strange to see him walking around freely since he hasn't seen any befor., but befor he could reach him the dog is gone.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

[Rec Center]

Noah takes his time being careful not to loose the scent. His nose leading the way through the winding path this person lead. He almost looses the scent in the main dining room. So many people all together, and assuming this bootless person lives on the base, they all have similar common smells. But still Noah manages to follow it all the way down into the basement.
    The basement of the Rec center contains a narrow corridor lined with metal doors. The smell is all over the place, but only on one door. It seems as though someone has been to all the rooms but only passed through one door once.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Rec Center]

Noah sniffs around for a bit to double check to make sure he didn't miss anything before trying to head in through the door.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?