New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

I hit 86 yesterday. And I have to say I was pissed.

It's not that you have to friggin spawncamp for certain mobs but that yesterday was over the top. I think I had ALL the idiots with their stupid protodrakes trying to stand IN the damn questgivers and seriously who the hell thought a quest where you have to kill alliance that drops with parachutes was a good questdesing...(Wicked Wikkets or so)? I almost feel bad for the melee's but then... it was a chore to get 6 of those insignias...

Else it's quite cool so far but some things are just bleh.

My plan is to go to the Valley of the Four Winds next. And try to get to 87 this evening...
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2012-09-26 at 01:55 AM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I....have much sadness. A good portion of the active people in our guild wandered away around when D3 came out and it sounds like a lot of them are not coming back. Notably, we've lost at least 3 officers completely and many of the others have cut their time drastically. This worked out at least partially in our favor as once it became apparent that their weren't enough officers playing regularly for people interested in the guild to get invited, Zeb and I were promoted. (This was mostly old guildies that left and were trying to come back, not new people, as we're certainly not active enough as a guild right now for new people to be interested and joining. But it was taking them sometimes 2-3 weeks to be able to get a hold of anyone.) This was about 3 weeks ago, but even then with people coming back for the kick-off to Pandaria, I think the most people I ever saw online was 5.

But I don't actually know if it's going to improve and people will be coming back, as I haven't even been able to login since MoP came out. I got my shiny collecter's edition in the mail yesterday (I always get the non-digital one cause I lurves the art books) and I haven't even opened the box yet. And because life is an insane ball of crazy right now I don't know if I'm going to even be able to play at all before after mid-October. Plus Zeb's all halfway across the country for the foreseeable future, making it pretty much impossible for our schedules to line up to play together.

And I'm very worried that if I can't even get started leveling until late October (if then, life has the potential to conspire against us for several months) that I won't be nearly ready by the time the people that are still around form up their raid, and I'm fairly certain we won't have enough people for the two raids we had in cata, and then I won't get to raid at all, which is my favoritest thing ever. I mean, I'd certainly be a top choice as a fill-in, but that's far from a good place to be in. But hell, with my current schedule, I don't know that I could make any weekly raids anyway....

But anyway....*whine whine, mutter, whine* I miss WoW and want to play a panda and life is making me cranky.

Also, on a different note... I've always played healers. I mean, I have dps but only one at max level and I've never even really dungeoned as one, let alone raided. I want to have two characters/roles able to raid this xpac (haha...we'll see) and I'm worried because I have a very hard time switching out of healer mindets and areas of focus, etc. Does anyone else have that problem? How do you manage it?

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

You're not the only one that has healing built into their very soul. I've tried DPS, I've tried tanking and yet I always end up reverting back into a healer. >.>

The trick I find that helps is if you imagine that you're not dual-wielding Horible Daggers of Horrible, Horrible Death. Instead you are a surgeon, dual-wielding Healing scalpels and that each mob has severe injuries that require treatment. And when treatment is successful, they fall into a restful slumber afterwards. =)

It's too bad you're on an American server - I'd like to join you lot otherwise. =/

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Colossus in the Playground

I think my main hangup about being a healer comes from classic. I played everquest from 99- release of WoW give or take. I joined a guild that left everquest from my server there, so I knew them all, which was awesome. I logged in, sent a tell to the gl, "Hey man, its me, Traab Fellhammer from Lanys." and boom, I was in with a guild of experienced players who knew what the heck they were doing. I played a shaman because, shaman freaking ruled back then. Tons of fun, highly self sufficient, loads of dps, whats not to love? But then we started raiding, and my happy enhance shaman was forced to reroll into restoration. I mean that literally. I was not allowed to raid with the guild unless I was resto, mainly because the raid content was all new and we couldnt mess around with it and run it on offspec. Also because aside from some random bits and such, all my gear was resto only.

And I hated it. I had to download healbot, which at the time, its main use was so I could spam my chain heal without having to click on anyone and it would auto target anyone with low health for me and stop it if someone else beat me to the heal. One of those little dunking bird head toys could have run the raid as a healer. While the warriors are looting massive 2h weapons of massive dps. I am looking for a sorcerous dirk or aurastone hammer, and praying that one day a lava dredger might drop for my solo farming efforts and no warrior will outbid me on dkp. I couldnt even get a drillborers disk because every warrior needed to loot one first, "just in case they have to offtank one day" I watched as my shaman goes from being able to melee a warrior to death to getting chopped into tiny pieces as they get massive dps boosts and hp upgrades, while my dps stays at UBRS level and in fact actually DROPPED since I had to give up all my agi gear for int, and my twig of the world tree is no longer removing 75% of their hp with a single good proc, but closer to a third at best.

I think that is what led to me quitting the game for the first time shortly after bwl came out. I saw the trend in raid gear wasnt changing any, and I didnt want to play as a healbot anymore. I chose my shaman because windfury was frawking awesome, and he struck me as a hybrid class with the best of all worlds. I had kickass melee, solid heals, and decent ranged damage all wrapped in a single badarse package. I came back in tbc, played again for awhile, but avoided raiding, and I found that even though yes, I could get solid dps gear again, it didnt matter because every class in the game was now a dps class so the only open slots were for healers and tanks anyways. So either heal or never get to run a dungeon again. I went from being an awesome all around class that could do pretty much everything, (I even tanked in UBRS a few times) to being wanted for nothing but my heals. I dont think its a coincidence that the only classes I havent gotten to 85 yet are my priest, paladin, druid, and shaman.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MechaKingGhidra View Post
    I'm not angry in the slightest. Shocked and slightly disappointed? Oh, definitely. But mad? Nope, not at all.
    I think perhaps we're talking past each other. I meant "if you are concerned about waiting or the game not being stocked at Wal-Mart, why not buy it direct from Blizzard?" I got that you were disappointed w/ Wal-Mart, I was just offering an alternate idea to get you in the game.

If you already have the base game and everything is up to date, it's literally just a bit that gets flagged on your account and you are good to go. If you don't, well, you'd need to download it all, but it honestly doesn't take that long compared to some of the mega-sized games I get off of Steam.
    Last edited by GungHo; 2012-09-26 at 08:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Bugbear in the Playground

I preordered MoP pretty much the moment it was available but i still havn't gotten around to actually playing it.
    I blame Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and the Return to Ravnica Magic prerelease this weekend. It's clearly the fault of those games all coming out within a few months of each other that I don't have time to play WoW rather than the fact that I'm just trying to play too many games at the same time
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

I logged in briefly last night (even though I should've been working), and took my mage to the new zone. I only hung around long enough to get through the first few quests and into the town. But...

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht
    And is it just me, or does there feel like there are less 'kill 10 x' quests?
    Well, maybe it's because I haven't gone very far yet. But so far, the quests I've done are:

• Go to Stormwind Castle, watch a cut scene, travel
    • Get into a helicoptor, kill 60 horde infantry and 8 of something else, then sink two horde ships.
    • Grab a parachute and float to the ground
    • Kill more horde infantry
    • Blow up horde wagons
    • Blow up baracades, and confront a horde dude (who teleports away)
    • Watch a cut scene that introduces the sha
    • Go kill 8 minor sha creatures, and 4 bigger ones. (forget their names)
    • Go to the town
    • Gather apple baskets to make booze
    • apply bandages to injured Alliance pilots
    • Kill more horde characters

That's 12 quests. Three are travel "go here" quests. Three are directly "go kill X creatures" quests. One is a gathering quest; one is a "blow stuff up" quest (which is essentially the same as a gathering quest). One is a "find these guys laying around and click on them" quest (or, essentially another gathering quest). And three are plot drivers - and you could classify one of those as "go kill X" if you count firing rockets from a helicopter as a having to kill X quest rather than a plot quest.

And the gathering quests are happening at the same time as the "go kill X" quests.

So maybe later on the ratio gets a bit better. But for me, the game still seems awfully focused on "go kill X critter" quests. *shrug* I don't know that it's a bad thing, other than some spawning issues related to so many people doing the quests. (That is, first having a problem finding the bigger sha monster, then getting stuck in a spot where they kept spawning after killing them, well beyond the number I needed to do the quest.)

Somebody else mentioned jerks on their big-ass mounts sitting on top of quest givers / quest turn ins. I had that too. So annoying.

Tomorrow night, I'll be logging on with my friend and her husband to start up pandas and get into that bit of the expansion a little. My current project is due Sunday night. It's the last one I have any time soon, so I figure next week I'll be able to get more leveling on my mage done. I also want to get back to my rogue at some point - haven't played him in a long time...
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Go Kill X quests
    Do they have a purpose and what is it?
    First off, WoW is a game about exploration and combat. Exploration was minimized in the last expansion, but combat is still at the core. The bulk of the combat revolves around fighting, I think we can agree on this.
    Go kill X quests are there to give the player some directed combat. Or to put it another way, it's designed to get the player to go pick a fight. This teaches them to use their abilities (also built around combat) to fight and defeat various enemies in the world.
    Some Kill X quests are easy, some can involve pulling many mobs together at once, some you need to single out and kill individually, some are going to chain together no matter what you do.

Do they meet that purpose?
    For the most part, yes. It would be better if there was more variety in the attack styles of the mobs, and would teach players more diverse mechanics over time. A great example is the Durotar scorpions. They throw out poison patches that the player must move out of to avoid some damage. Sadly, not many enemies have unique attack types or patterns or much else. Most run up, punch you, or shoot you from range, or throw spells at you.
    They currently teach players how to beat up on enemies, how to go from mob to mob, how to get into a bit of a rhythm, which abilities hit really hard, which ones are basic attacks, and how certain combinations work together. They are currently a great big canvas to experiment with, but after a while it doesn't really challenge the player as much as it could.

Can they be improved?
    Greatly. Give them more hit points, give them more attack options, give them more attacks that can be negated (IE-Interruptable abilities, debuffs which can be dispelled, area of effect abilities which can be dodged, etc), mobs which need burst damage, mobs which need sustained damage, mobs which can easily chain and therefore need good CC, etc.
    Kill 10 X can also be a bonus objective of other quests, rather than it's own quest.
    IE-You are given a quest to go kill the harpy queen. And you remember that harpies screech a lot. Not only is it annoying sounding, but for whatever reason your character isn't all that well suited to fighting harpies.
    It should be possible with clever use of mechanics to go kill just the harpy queen and ignore her minions. BUT, if one were to kill some of the minions along the way, one should be rewarded as well, hence the bonus objective suggestion.

Should There Be Less of Them?
    Yes and No.
    No because the core mechanics of the game are about combat, removing an incentive/direction to combat probably would be ill-received.
    Yes because the amount of times this mechanic is used does make it rather repetitive. It's not over-used, but it could be used less, or they could be implemented in a smarter fashion.

EDIT: Cross-posted!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713912008#1
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    No because the core mechanics of the game are about combat, removing an incentive/direction to combat probably would be ill-received.
    Cherry picking a quote, but it sums up what you were saying, and what I want to comment on.

You seems to imply that without 'kill x' quests the main incentive/direction to be in combat in WoW would be removed. There are hundreds of other ways to provide incentive/direction without the generic 'kill x' quests. WoWs over reliance on them is beyond the point of ridiculousness. Creativity and imagination would go along way towards fixing this.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, don't get me wrong. I generally don't mind "go kill X" quests. As you said, the game is about combat. I'd very much rather "Go kill X" than "Go pick 10 berries so I can have tea." That said, "heal 10 pilots" and "blow up 5 wagons" are nice twists on what is essentially "go pick 10 berries." Especially when the pilots are right there with the dudes you need to kill for another quest, and the wagons are right there with the other dudes you need to kill. I was just commenting mostly that so far the "go kill X" quests seem to be about on par for what I would expect. "Go gather X" is improved, though, as mentioned.

I do agree that having some variety in mob tactics would be nice. I'd wager if more quests had a "don't stand in the fire" aspect to them, that things would be better (not perfect) when some people get to that sort of thing in dungeons and raids. I'd also like to see spawning improved. Having spawn rate tied to the population in the area is a huge improvement, no doubt. I'd like to see it improved further, though. For example, I died last night at one point because after I killed my last major sha creature, three others and six minors spawned right near me and all decided I looked tasty. Now, it's certainly partially my fault because at the time I managed to forget about greater invisibility. The problem likely goes away in a month or so when the crush of people in the 85 zone shrinks. (Though part of the problem is likely caused by only having the one starting zone, rather than two like the last two expansions.)
    John Ling

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Cherry picking a quote, but it sums up what you were saying, and what I want to comment on.

You seems to imply that without 'kill x' quests the main incentive/direction to be in combat in WoW would be removed. There are hundreds of other ways to provide incentive/direction without the generic 'kill x' quests. WoWs over reliance on them is beyond the point of ridiculousness. Creativity and imagination would go along way towards fixing this.
    Yeup, which is what I said, and provided some suggestions for.
    Sincere thanks for doing my TL:DR for me, I forgot.

@Zherog
    Oh I agree, and WoW is quite good at ensuring that there is some excellent variety beyond Kill 10 X quests.

Another way to go about it, is to have one big Kill X quest. For example, anything with Sha in it's name counts towards the quest. You get the quest at the very start of the zone. By the end of the zone, you should have killed enough things with Sha in their name to have completed the quest. They can even make it interesting in that the higher level bigger badder Sha count as more than one.
    (Psssst-I think they've done this before I just can't remember where)
    They can leave whichever enemies they want in your path, and direct you towards fighting those enemies via other quest objectives.
    IE-You have to get a tool out of a toolbox. Oh look, the toolbox fell into a pond that is surrounded by Sha. You'll have to kill at least some Sha to get to the toolbox. But, that killing isn't completely pointless, as it counts to the overall larger goal.
    This way, the killing isn't mandatory, it's just highly likely to occur.

And seeing rewards for going above and beyond would be kind of cool too. IE-Kill 7 out of 10? Get 7 gold. Kill 10 out of 10? 10 gold plus completion bonus. Kill 15 out of 10? 10 gold plus completion bonus plus some extra amount for the other 5.

Killing mobs is rather easy to provide encouragement/incentive for. I doubt that killing mobs will ever stop being core to the gameplay, but they can encourage it in a different way that could greatly enhance the quality of the questing experience.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-09-26 at 03:23 PM.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

(Psssst-I think they've done this before I just can't remember where)
    One that comes to mind is Sholazar Basin. You had all the quests to kill X rhinos, X crocs, etc. But there was also the "Kill 60 animals" quest where you're "racing" against a dwarf to see who's the better hunter. Just doing the various, smaller, animal quests was enough to get the Kill 60 quest.

And seeing rewards for going above and beyond would be kind of cool too. IE-Kill 7 out of 10? Get 7 gold. Kill 10 out of 10? 10 gold plus completion bonus. Kill 15 out of 10? 10 gold plus completion bonus plus some extra amount for the other 5.
    This would be a sweet idea! There's so many times when (as a made-up example) the quest requires killing 8, but I need to whack 2 extra on the way back out. It'd be nice if they counted for something a little extra.
    John Ling

13. - Top - End - #1243

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...s/stop-wiping/

Some dungeon tips for everyone. Standard stuff, but good video with MikeB. They have some general and specific stuff. Also, I plug gamebreaker.tv probably about once a week, as they tend to have useful info and good shows, here's a short and sweet example.

14. - Top - End - #1244

So, I am playing through duskwallow on my alliance character, and I have to say, this really sucks. The quests are spread out to all 4 corners of the zone and everywhere in between. It is terrible when compared to the horde quests there. Horde side you keep getting stuff like say, three quests involving the spiders in the mine in the top left corner of the map, the creepers right next door, and the infiltrators spread throughout the area. Alliance? Go to the lighthouse, go along the shore, go to swamp eyes house, go see tabetha, go talk to pat nagle. Aside from the agitator quest chain, its terrible. I just wanted a change of pace from the plaguelands zone chain, thats all. I just got done rescuing anderhol from the horde on another alt, I dont want to do it again.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So, I am playing through duskwallow on my alliance character, and I have to say, this really sucks. The quests are spread out to all 4 corners of the zone and everywhere in between. It is terrible when compared to the horde quests there. Horde side you keep getting stuff like say, three quests involving the spiders in the mine in the top left corner of the map, the creepers right next door, and the infiltrators spread throughout the area. Alliance? Go to the lighthouse, go along the shore, go to swamp eyes house, go see tabetha, go talk to pat nagle. Aside from the agitator quest chain, its terrible. I just wanted a change of pace from the plaguelands zone chain, thats all. I just got done rescuing anderhol from the horde on another alt, I dont want to do it again.
    Obvious horde favoritism

But Traab, just a few posts ago you said how you liked traveling around and doing quests. I'm confused.

Yeah, the design difference is pretty big in Dustwallow. How's the difference on zones like North/South Barrens for Alliance and Horde now?

16. - Top - End - #1246

Obvious horde favoritism

But Traab, just a few posts ago you said how you liked traveling around and doing quests. I'm confused.

Yeah, the design difference is pretty big in Dustwallow. How's the difference on zones like North/South Barrens for Alliance and Horde now?
    Honestly? I dunno. For some odd reason, I havent gotten around to doing those quests. Mainly because I hate the night elf area for reasons even I am not too sure of. And I do like doing quests, what I enjoy are getting a lot of quests in a single area so I can turn in 5 at a time without having to cover every square inch of the zone first. Most zones are setup that way, with plenty of quests at least somewhat nearby each other. Things like, "Kill 10 zandalar tribesmen." "Collect 5 talismans from the zandilar tribesmen." "Kill gurok bloodthirst the smelly in the zandalar area." And while you are doing those quests, you also get the random collect these ground spawn items type quests, or kill these random creatures type quests that you can do on your way too and from the main group of quests. Then you get back to town and bang, you just went up 12 bubbles of exp or more.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

You won't find more blatant horde favoritism than in Northern Barrens, let me tell you! There isn't a single Alliance quest to be found!
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-26 at 05:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    You won't find more blatant horde favoritism than in Northern Barrens, let me tell you! There isn't a single Alliance quest to be found!
    Well good. It's about time we had our own questing zone without Alliance.

Seriously, not one in Northern Barrens? Not even at Northwatch Hold? How odd. I always just figured that the Alliance quests were phased and I couldn't see the players.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

It's just like all the 0-20 zones. The first two zones any race goes to are always for their faction only, and Northern Barrens falls right after Durotar/Mulgore. It's as Horde as Azshara and Silverpine and The Ghostlands.

If there are Northwatch quests, they'd be easter eggs and that'd be sweet. But I think I swang by there on my Druid already.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-26 at 06:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    It's just like all the 0-20 zones. The first two zones any race goes to are always for their faction only, and Northern Barrens falls right after Durotar/Mulgore. It's as Horde as Azshara and Silverpine and The Ghostlands.

If there are Northwatch quests, they'd be easter eggs and that'd be sweet. But I think I swang by there on my Druid already.
    Swang?
    I am totally borrowing that word.

Meanwhile, back at base...
    My collectors edition copy finally arrived! Yaaay.
    Artbook of awesomeness when I get home!

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Up to level 55 on my Monk.

So last night, I managed to reach 25 hours, before 48 hours of Mists.

Of course that means I still have yet to have more then 2 hours of new content, but I am still working on it
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

My panderan rogue is about 20ish now and while I'm enjoying it, I'd like to work on my human warlock. Admittedly I'm only level 12/13ish on her but it is mind numbingly tedious trying to level with her. I went demonology, which I'm suspecting was a mistake but seriously, all I've done for the past 11 levels is spam shadow bolt at things to kill them and I'm bored! Are Affliction or destro less tedious ways to level? X_X

23. - Top - End - #1253

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    My panderan rogue is about 20ish now and while I'm enjoying it, I'd like to work on my human warlock. Admittedly I'm only level 12/13ish on her but it is mind numbingly tedious trying to level with her. I went demonology, which I'm suspecting was a mistake but seriously, all I've done for the past 11 levels is spam shadow bolt at things to kill them and I'm bored! Are Affliction or destro less tedious ways to level? X_X
    Well, you get a few other spells like incinerate as a destro lock, and I think you get a couple of dots as an aff lock at low levels. A demo lock does get some cool stuff, but not till later in the game really. And you really dont need to be pet spec early on. As a destro lock my pet can easily handle everything, and has no problem keeping the mobs attention off me if I go voidwalker. Honestly, thats one thing I dont like about the talent changes. It used to be you picked a spec and every couple levels you got to further improve in that area. As a pet spec your pet get stronger and more effective, you got excellent complimentary skills, and it was nice. With this setup, you get a handful of spec specific abilities spread out over 50 levels, and the talents are pretty generic for the most part.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be creating a panda tonight, and playing for a few hours. Then I don't think I'll be back in game until next week. Hopefully by early next week my schedule calms down enough that I can get a bit more play time - I've had about 90 minutes or so far, and a few hours tonight.

Looking forward to seeing the starting zone, given all the good things I've heard about how it looks...
    John Ling

25. - Top - End - #1255

Finally got to play for longer than 30 minutes at a time (crappy crappy schedule lately) this morning. Oh man, did I enjoy myself.
    Some highlights:
    "C'mon, lets go do girl stuff"
    "I killed him by flinging monkey poo at him. I just did that."
    "I love you, even with your weird dead face."
    Silent Scope, WoW edition.
    Lorewalker Cho. Favorite new NPC already. I was completely sold when he invited me in for tea, I was completely captivated when he summoned up spirits of Karoht's ancestors (Hi Cairne! It's me, Karoht!!! We ALL miss you, your son is doing great!), and I can't wait to get my Lorewalkers rep going in order to start handing him artifacts.

Remember how we were talking about class trainers and class quests? I want NPC's like him. Very personal, very inviting, very simple. Class Mentors. That's what we should have. Why? Because months from now when I'm wiping on Heroic Progression bosses and I start feeling down on myself, I want to go see Lorewalker Cho, the Druid version, sit down, have tea and maybe a biscuit, and have him tell me a story that has insight into the boss I'm working on.
    Why? Because I'm a huge friggin sap, if that wasn't already obvious.

I'm going to go ahead and say it now. It's early, but I have complete faith that this will hold true.
    Best expansion yet.
    Mists > Wrath > Cata > BC > Classic
    Note: Mists and Wrath may in fact be tied rather than one better than the other. Also, just my opinion.

26. - Top - End - #1256

Finally got to play for longer than 30 minutes at a time (crappy crappy schedule lately) this morning. Oh man, did I enjoy myself.
    Some highlights:
    "C'mon, lets go do girl stuff"
    "I killed him by flinging monkey poo at him. I just did that."
    "I love you, even with your weird dead face."
    Silent Scope, WoW edition.
    Lorewalker Cho. Favorite new NPC already. I was completely sold when he invited me in for tea, I was completely captivated when he summoned up spirits of Karoht's ancestors (Hi Cairne! It's me, Karoht!!! We ALL miss you, your son is doing great!), and I can't wait to get my Lorewalkers rep going in order to start handing him artifacts.

Remember how we were talking about class trainers and class quests? I want NPC's like him. Very personal, very inviting, very simple. Class Mentors. That's what we should have. Why? Because months from now when I'm wiping on Heroic Progression bosses and I start feeling down on myself, I want to go see Lorewalker Cho, the Druid version, sit down, have tea and maybe a biscuit, and have him tell me a story that has insight into the boss I'm working on.
    Why? Because I'm a huge friggin sap, if that wasn't already obvious.

I'm going to go ahead and say it now. It's early, but I have complete faith that this will hold true.
    Best expansion yet.
    Mists > Wrath > Cata > BC > Classic
    Note: Mists and Wrath may in fact be tied rather than one better than the other. Also, just my opinion.
    You know, the heroic progression comment makes me wonder. How WOULD those class trainers react to you coming in to talk about that sort of thing? By that point you likely would have greatly surpassed their level of power and skill, so would you still be student and teacher? Equals? Him looking up to you? Thats one of the interesting things that happened in Everquest. You see, its possible to attack everyone, including your own trainers. It gave you a sense of just how far you had to go when you attacked your monk grandmaster trainer and he quad hits you for 3x your total hp in a single round. Of course, thats ignoring the fact that the merchants in town could do something similar. :p One of the more interesting ways to level up there was to farm city guards and such. Tank your reputation with the city so bad almost everything attacks you on sight, and still do all your buying and selling and training there simply by knowing how to infiltrate the city safely and figure out which factions in there wouldnt hurt you.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, I have to say it.

MoP is probably the WORST possible addon there is.
    I hit 87 (33% in) yesterday. The part that makes this expansion worst? The questing. You have some really really cool stuff like Cho inviting you to tea but the rest? Mostly either unfair or bugged or just pure poo.

I quested through Krasarang Forest or what it is called. The spawnpoints for mobs are sometimes too close together or there is only a point where about 10 mobs spawn and you have to farm an item from them that has a feeled drop chance of 2%. The respawn is numbingly stupid fast so it is quite easy that when youhave to kill 1 enemy you suddenly have 5 on you. Stealthed mobs that you have to find in order to get blood from them, which they don't drop at any good rate.

I might missed BC release and was just 70 as WotLK came out but WotLK and Cataclysm had some vibe that made the questing fun and interesting.
    MoP misses this thing. I even tried to do the Nesingwary quests as they are the normally quite easy and pretty fun but no not this time...

I hope I hit 90 this weekend so I can finally fly through those areas... they might look pretty but riding through it is going on my nerves.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Ok, I have to say it.

MoP is probably the WORST possible addon there is.
    I hit 87 (33% in) yesterday. The part that makes this expansion worst? The questing. You have some really really cool stuff like Cho inviting you to tea but the rest? Mostly either unfair or bugged or just pure poo.

I quested through Krasarang Forest or what it is called. The spawnpoints for mobs are sometimes too close together or there is only a point where about 10 mobs spawn and you have to farm an item from them that has a feeled drop chance of 2%. The respawn is numbingly stupid fast so it is quite easy that when youhave to kill 1 enemy you suddenly have 5 on you. Stealthed mobs that you have to find in order to get blood from them, which they don't drop at any good rate.

I might missed BC release and was just 70 as WotLK came out but WotLK and Cataclysm had some vibe that made the questing fun and interesting.
    MoP misses this thing. I even tried to do the Nesingwary quests as they are the normally quite easy and pretty fun but no not this time...

I hope I hit 90 this weekend so I can finally fly through those areas... they might look pretty but riding through it is going on my nerves.
    Didn't have any of those problems myself. I've been really enjoying Pandaria thus far (And Lorewalker Cho is indeed great. A perfect introduction to the Pandarens.)

Nessingwary was easy enough and gave us a little more insight in to the characters of Nesingwary and his son.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

NNOOOOOO!!! Two hour maintenance!!!

I am up to level 62 half way through to 63. I have nothing else to do today (I love college at times) so I am going to power my way through BC and hopefully stop almost at Cata content today/tomorrow.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ettin in the Playground

Got through the whole panda starting zone. Very cool and interesting. I enjoyed it. Blizz is getting real good (in my opinion) at the use of cut scenes. They were well-timed and short, and they didn't over-use them.

My weekend will mostly be kids soccer or freelance writing. I'm hoping that by Monday or Tuesday my freelance work is cleared out, and I can get back to leveling my mage. After that, I want to get back to my rogue so I can see things from the Horde side. And my friend and I are planning to get together once a week to level our pandas.
    John Ling