New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Yes, I've got the work problem, too. Haven't played any of my characters more than about 1 to 2 hours a week, total, since the expansion.

What makes it even better is that one of the people I know keeps complaining about how bored they are all day, and that the only thing they have to do is read political commentary online or watch old movies on Amazon instant video. So wonderful to hear about someone complaining in un-selfconsciously whining tone about having too much time, when I would give my proverbial eye teeth in order to get an extra 30 minutes per day.

Anyway, how is monk shaping up? I'm thinking of rolling a gnome monk -- someday.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It was still the healer's fault, of course.
    *cough*

So, how about that 5.1 patch hitting PTR? That little fire kitty pet is adorable. And the new scenarios look great. Vol'Jin gets his own scenario. Isn't that interesting.
    Oh, what is this, a Black Temple Scenario? Great. The Illidan fanboys will be loving and hating this all over the forums for the next few months. Terrific.
    In Before "Burning Crusade was the best expansion evar!"

Tinfoil Hat Time
    Spoiler
    Show

Between this and Wrathion showing his vision of the future with familiar green meteors landing on Azeroth, I would say that a Burning Legion expansion is in the works soon.

Theory: Someone in the near future will resurrect Illidan, who will whine about being betrayed while betraying Tirande and the whole of Azeroth by attempting to summon up Sargaras, again.

@Illidan
    It was you who was betrayed? I'm sorry, does the blindfold cut off circulation to your brain? You betrayed your people and your heritage when you sold yourself to your enemy in exhange for power, you then betrayed your brother for more power and a shot at his girl (who really was never into you, and you knew it), you then further betrayed your people by giving the Dragon Soul to the Legion.
    Where were YOU betrayed in all this?
    When your people imprisoned you rather than just kill you for, you know BETRAYING them and endangering the entire planet?
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-10-12 at 09:52 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    *cough*

So, how about that 5.1 patch hitting PTR? That little fire kitty pet is adorable. And the new scenarios look great. Vol'Jin gets his own scenario. Isn't that interesting.
    Oh, what is this, a Black Temple Scenario? Great. The Illidan fanboys will be loving and hating this all over the forums for the next few months. Terrific.
    In Before "Burning Crusade was the best expansion evar!"

Tinfoil Hat Time
    Spoiler
    Show

Between this and Wrathion showing his vision of the future with familiar green meteors landing on Azeroth, I would say that a Burning Legion expansion is in the works soon.

Theory: Someone in the near future will resurrect Illidan, who will whine about being betrayed while betraying Tirande and the whole of Azeroth by attempting to summon up Sargaras, again.

@Illidan
    It was you who was betrayed? I'm sorry, does the blindfold cut off circulation to your brain? You betrayed your people and your heritage when you sold yourself to your enemy in exhange for power, you then betrayed your brother for more power and a shot at his girl (who really was never into you, and you knew it), you then further betrayed your people by giving the Dragon Soul to the Legion.
    Where were YOU betrayed in all this?
    When your people imprisoned you rather than just kill you for, you know BETRAYING them and endangering the entire planet?
    Blurghle. Illidan is was is(? ) a biiiiiiit of a loony. He's been that way. Some stuff in his life has sucked, he doesn't take it very well. But he didn't exactly try to give the Legion the infinite power over infinity, he was pretty "I will fight the legion so hard, Tyrande will wuv me ?again? "(never did, but hey. Loony with a stalkercrush) And taking power from the Legion tends to be good, even if its just a gift. He has the magic skull of Gul, rather than... Mannoroth or his friends. Thats good. He at least tried to be good not be that evil.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1324

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Blurghle. Illidan is was is(? ) a biiiiiiit of a loony. He's been that way. Some stuff in his life has sucked, he doesn't take it very well. But he didn't exactly try to give the Legion the infinite power over infinity, he was pretty "I will fight the legion so hard, Tyrande will wuv me ?again? "(never did, but hey. Loony with a stalkercrush) And taking power from the Legion tends to be good, even if its just a gift. He has the magic skull of Gul, rather than... Mannoroth or his friends. Thats good. He at least tried to be good not be that evil.
    He didn't try to give the Legion power?
    So him giving them the Dragon Soul was...?
    Him helping run the portals to summon more demons to kill more of his own people was...?

Sell his brother up the river? That's someone's idea of trying to be good? Hookay.

Skull of Gul'dan wasn't until WC3, his comments on his supposed betrayal come before he had possession of the Skull. And even then, the Skull of Gul'dan was a potent relic dripping with Fel Energy. Fel Energy comes from the Legion and Sargaras himself. It would be no different if he had got his power from mannaroth directly.
    Also, Sargaras 'blessed' him with some power directly in the first novel of Well of Eternity. In fact Sargaras did this at least twice over the course of the books, possibly more, it has been a while since I read the Well of Eternity/War of the Ancients series.

Your opinion still seems more balanced than most. The Fandumb tries to paint him as this tortured good guy, when in reality he did everything for selfish reasons, not unselfish ones. He didn't really try to be good, and even if he did 'try' it doesn't matter because he still directly and indirectly caused harm to the world he was supposedly trying to save.
    Prior to even having contact with the Legion, he took distinct and noted pleasure in causing against a person (not a demon) harm via magic. That right there is typically not the mark of a good person. Also in the first novel of Well of Eternity. In other words, he was a jerksauce before the Demons showed up.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    Anyway, how is monk shaping up? I'm thinking of rolling a gnome monk -- someday.
    I love my monk! My healing set is 463 while my dps is ~443.

Last night during a boss I went full on dps as healing, I put down my statue (heals 50% of all non auto-attack damage), I kept my blackout kick buff (does good damage, heals for 50% of auto-attack damage), I kept my tiger palm buff up (passes 15% armor, and lets me cast my fast expensive heal for no mana and no cast time), and went to town.

I ended up with 30% mana left after the fight and did 22k dps, which sadly was better then two dps in the party. Also everyone was constantly topped off. It was amazing.

Doing that much dps is a bit hard on your mana and isn't the most effective healing wise, so don't expect that much dps in raids to come from a healer (unless overgeared). But even the straight healing is something I like.

Dps? I have done a little bit of it, its fun, I absolutely love touch of death, instant kill if it has less then your hp (pvp version is less then 10% health, 4pc).

Tanking I did in beta, and I like it a lot too, but heals are in more demand for my guild.
    Boo!

Steam ID: Dublock

Battle tag: Dublock 1-7-2-5

Feel free to add me but say GitP :)

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dublock View Post
    I love my monk! My healing set is 463 while my dps is ~443.

Last night during a boss I went full on dps as healing, I put down my statue (heals 50% of all non auto-attack damage), I kept my blackout kick buff (does good damage, heals for 50% of auto-attack damage), I kept my tiger palm buff up (passes 15% armor, and lets me cast my fast expensive heal for no mana and no cast time), and went to town.

I ended up with 30% mana left after the fight and did 22k dps, which sadly was better then two dps in the party. Also everyone was constantly topped off. It was amazing.

Doing that much dps is a bit hard on your mana and isn't the most effective healing wise, so don't expect that much dps in raids to come from a healer (unless overgeared). But even the straight healing is something I like.

Dps? I have done a little bit of it, its fun, I absolutely love touch of death, instant kill if it has less then your hp (pvp version is less then 10% health, 4pc).

Tanking I did in beta, and I like it a lot too, but heals are in more demand for my guild.
    Interesting. Thank you, kind sir!
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Colossus in the Playground

Illidan? Man, he was a bit messed up. Its been awhile since I read the books, but wasnt he basically taken off guard with his magic addiction issue and that lead to his actions which got him locked up? I honestly look more on that as the equivalent of the first person ever to try drinking who then proceeded to run over a kid with his carriage. Yeah its his fault, but he had no way of knowing what kind of effect it would have on him!

The skull of guldan I actually thought was a good idea. Illidan has been training to control demonic energy. He had a way to destroy the artifact corrupting the woods, and use that power to further beat back the burning legion. Malfurion just totally lost his freaking mind imo. "Omg! You didnt use wisps to blow everything up? YOU ARE NO BROTHER OF MINE!" Of course, telling him to leave, instead of knocking him out and finding a way to purify him, or just lock his butt back up again, yeah, more evidence malfurion was a moron.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #1328

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Illidan? Man, he was a bit messed up. Its been awhile since I read the books, but wasnt he basically taken off guard with his magic addiction issue and that lead to his actions which got him locked up? I honestly look more on that as the equivalent of the first person ever to try drinking who then proceeded to run over a kid with his carriage. Yeah its his fault, but he had no way of knowing what kind of effect it would have on him!
    Yeah he did.
    The Zin-Azshari were already corrupted by it, to the point where they were trying to summon an army of demons to kill everyone, themselves included. Seriously, demons were slaughtering their own citizens in the streets, and everyone (Queen Azshara included) were all like "lol those people are failsauce" and went on with day to day activities. Which involved more summoning.
    That tends to be a very loud and clear signal that drinking the green koolade (namely the waters of the well, or working with it's energies) was more or less a terrible idea. He was power mad, so he did it anyway. Further evidence that he was corrupted or at the very least highly tempted by the promise of power, before receiving any of the gifts of Sargaras.

The skull of guldan I actually thought was a good idea. Illidan has been training to control demonic energy. He had a way to destroy the artifact corrupting the woods, and use that power to further beat back the burning legion.
    See, here I saw a noble sacrifice and Malfurion over-reacting to a point. However, his brother (Mal) did not betray him, his brother (Mal) left him alone and gave him a chance to come back. Still not seeing the "in truth it was I who was betrayed" thing other than explanation via insanity.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-10-12 at 03:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

I feel like you extrapolate too much sometimes, man. I don't think Traab was really trying to argue, and he definitely wasn't supporting Illidan's "I was betrayed!" stance. He was just idly giving his thoughts on the guy.

Anyway, while I bought MoP the day before it was released, I resolved not to visit the beautiful Pandaria until I build my shiny new high-end computer, the parts of which are currently strewn about my room as we speak. Type.

So, I've been mostly doing the whole pet battling thing. Defeated every trainer up to Pandaria, and caught every battle pet I could easily find, which is like 95% of them. I'm all ready to continue my Pet Battle career as I get to 90.

Hell, between all the daily quests I've gotten back into, as well as Archaeology, I'm halfway to 86 already.

I gotta hurry up a little, though. My guild's going to start raiding without me soon.

I can't wait for 5.1 already, though. The Pet Journal improvements look incredible! My team is just my three favorite Companion Pets -- the guys I had following me around long before I could make them beat other pets up. But with 5.1 I could actually make them all Rare quality! A really awesome feature, for someone like me. I always formed my Pokemon teams based on what I liked best -- this is like being able to give them all whatever nature I want. Sort of.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-10-12 at 03:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    I feel like you extrapolate too much sometimes, man. I don't think Traab was really trying to argue, and he definitely wasn't supporting Illidan's "I was betrayed!" stance. He was just idly giving his thoughts on the guy.
    As was I. I was just tying it back to what was being said before as it happened to support my arguement.

Anyway, while I bought MoP the day before it was released, I resolved not to visit the beautiful Pandaria until I build my shiny new high-end computer, the parts of which are currently strewn about my room as we speak. Type.
    Lewt brawg it up already! Stats man, we need stats, stat!

Hell, between all the daily quests I've gotten back into, as well as Archaeology, I'm halfway to 86 already.
    Wait, which Dailies? MoP dailies at 85? Or Cata dailies?

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, which Dailies? MoP dailies at 85? Or Cata dailies?
    Argent Tournament and Tol Barad, mostly. Just a couple more Frenzyheart days, too. I'm not going to be doing MoP dailies because that would require going to Pandaria.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-10-12 at 06:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Yeah he did.
    The Zin-Azshari were already corrupted by it, to the point where they were trying to summon an army of demons to kill everyone, themselves included. Seriously, demons were slaughtering their own citizens in the streets, and everyone (Queen Azshara included) were all like "lol those people are failsauce" and went on with day to day activities. Which involved more summoning.
    That tends to be a very loud and clear signal that drinking the green koolade (namely the waters of the well, or working with it's energies) was more or less a terrible idea. He was power mad, so he did it anyway. Further evidence that he was corrupted or at the very least highly tempted by the promise of power, before receiving any of the gifts of Sargaras.

See, here I saw a noble sacrifice and Malfurion over-reacting to a point. However, his brother (Mal) did not betray him, his brother (Mal) left him alone and gave him a chance to come back. Still not seeing the "in truth it was I who was betrayed" thing other than explanation via insanity.
    Actually, Malfurion DID "betray" illidan sort of. He gave the whole, "You are no brother of mine! You are banished from this realm!" etc etc talk. Basically, he cut illidan out of his family, and exiled him from ashenvale. The only thing he DIDNT do was try to kill him. It was a total overreaction, even if I can sort of see where malfurion was coming from. But I would not be surprised if, instead of flipping out and disowning his brother, malfurion had tried to convince him to let them purify the demonic power, things might have turned out differently.

I dont think illidan was too far gone at that point to save, and a logical debate on the dangers of fel power could have reached him. In fact, with a bit of study, it might have made things way better. Think about it. Illidan tracks down sources of demonic power and taint, destroys and absorbs them, then with all those protections removed, he has his druid brother and priestess sister in law extract the tainted energy from him safely and its removed from the world. They could have purified far more of the land far faster that way by having illidan act as a demon energy magnet and draw it all in as they traveled.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #1333

I think he was too far gone 10000 years ago. Meh.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, probably dumb question, but may as well ask: I actually used to have a couple of weapon heirlooms back when I played last year, but managed to lose all of them due to accidents of making new characters and deleting without transferring... /feltlikeandstillfeelslikeidiot

Now, I'm guessing it is long past the point of anything being done, but is there any chance I could get Blizz to replace them?

EDIT: I decided to just submit the ticket to have the deleted character I think would have had the sword restored. Probably won't work, but I'll see what happens I guess.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-10-13 at 02:28 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

So I have a very dumb farming question...

I have a scallion crop that says "parched." So I asked Yoon what to do, and he says - duh - water it. The rusty watering can is by that stump. Except.. it's not. At least, assuming he means the stump next to the stairs with the axe sticking out of it. There was a shovel there, but no watering can. Am I looking at the wrong stump?
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

I'm really surprised you didn't say "I'm stumped" anywhere in that post.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Heh. However, I will say I'm an idiot. I found it. In my bag.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

18. - Top - End - #1338

My panda monk just hit 22. Wow. That was a nice level for new skills. I have an insta kill button, a nice buff, and a damage shield that lets anything hitting me basically beat itself to death.

19. - Top - End - #1339

PirateCaptain

My panda monk just hit 22. Wow. That was a nice level for new skills. I have an insta kill button, a nice buff, and a damage shield that lets anything hitting me basically beat itself to death.
    and if you are leveling as a healer, you still only have one healing spell until level 30, when you get a talent that can heal or 32. Healing only is really boring, easy but boring until 30ish, when you get like 3 healing spells in 5 levels lol.
    Boo!

20. - Top - End - #1340

and if you are leveling as a healer, you still only have one healing spell until level 30, when you get a talent that can heal or 32. Healing only is really boring, easy but boring until 30ish, when you get like 3 healing spells in 5 levels lol.
    Heh, I went dps. I have a dislike of playing healers as healers. My priest is shadow, (or was, I havent played it since before panda) my paladin is retribution I think, my shaman is enhance, my druid is feral, etc etc etc.

21. - Top - End - #1341

PirateCaptain

Heh, I went dps. I have a dislike of playing healers as healers. My priest is shadow, (or was, I havent played it since before panda) my paladin is retribution I think, my shaman is enhance, my druid is feral, etc etc etc.
    I like healing. I like the ability to "forget" to heal that dps, or claim that I can't heal through that fire, or let the tank just "bearly" live if I deem it worthy.

I also like it at times so I can spend more time in /g then I should.

Also healing a group of people who know they are doing, is such an easy task that (almost) makes it worth healing random dungeons alone.

I also have yet to seriously tank, something I will do at some point.
    Boo!

22. - Top - End - #1342

I like healing. I like the ability to "forget" to heal that dps, or claim that I can't heal through that fire, or let the tank just "bearly" live if I deem it worthy.

I also like it at times so I can spend more time in /g then I should.

Also healing a group of people who know they are doing, is such an easy task that (almost) makes it worth healing random dungeons alone.

I also have yet to seriously tank, something I will do at some point.
    I find healing boring too be honest. Well, its boring in a group of non idiots. If they are really stupid then its impossible. So it either sucks because its dull, or it sucks because we wipe every third pull. But then, I got burnt out way back in classic as a shaman in a raid guild, then later on healing tbc 5 man content. Too be fair, dps isnt usually much more exciting, but at least it involves a little more effort than spamming heals on the tank. And back in classic/tbc crowd control was a nice added function of the dps classes. Whether its fear, polymorph, seduction, hunter traps, whatever. Tanking can be tons of fun. In the perfect group, you have to go all out to maintain agro because everything is dying so fast from the dps that its hard to hold the mobs attention. You find yourself pulling more and more at a time just to find what the limit is and in general its a blast.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Wow, my monk hit 26, (I dont play for long periods at a time, so I level slow) and got afterlife and expel harm. My monk was pretty badass to start with, but now he has two ways to heal himself while in combat. Kill a mob and collect the health bubble, and use expel harm to heal himself and hurt the enemy. Pfft, aint no mob taking me down now. Someone point me to deathwing then get out of my way.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Spamalot in the Playground

I find healing boring too be honest. Well, its boring in a group of non idiots. If they are really stupid then its impossible. So it either sucks because its dull, or it sucks because we wipe every third pull. But then, I got burnt out way back in classic as a shaman in a raid guild, then later on healing tbc 5 man content. Too be fair, dps isnt usually much more exciting, but at least it involves a little more effort than spamming heals on the tank. And back in classic/tbc crowd control was a nice added function of the dps classes. Whether its fear, polymorph, seduction, hunter traps, whatever. Tanking can be tons of fun. In the perfect group, you have to go all out to maintain agro because everything is dying so fast from the dps that its hard to hold the mobs attention. You find yourself pulling more and more at a time just to find what the limit is and in general its a blast.
    Dps can become rote (or at least it did pre-MoP, not sure how dynamic it is now) but at least you had the advantage of being able to burn through kill-quests very quickly. My entry to WoW was a holy priest, and believe me, holy fire-smite-fests to level were agonizingly slow in retrospect.

---

So a friend of mine is dragging me back into WoW (kicking and screaming... well, not really, but I sometimes wonder whether I should be.) To that end I'm trying to find as much info on talent/tactics changes as I can, particularly as it concerns tanking. I looked at WoWpedia and WoWwiki's Paladin and Druid tactics pages but both seem woefully out of date and not in tune with the new specialization-skill system at all. Is there a better site I should check for this kind of general advice-type info?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post

So a friend of mine is dragging me back into WoW (kicking and screaming... well, not really, but I sometimes wonder whether I should be.) To that end I'm trying to find as much info on talent/tactics changes as I can, particularly as it concerns tanking. I looked at WoWpedia and WoWwiki's Paladin and Druid tactics pages but both seem woefully out of date and not in tune with the new specialization-skill system at all. Is there a better site I should check for this kind of general advice-type info?
    Yes. HERE! Paladin core is similar, the holy charge thing is confusing but needlessly complicated (spam Crusader Strike>Holy word) and the only ubermajor druid changes are... no more Tree form and Eclipse being fun for once.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Spamalot in the Playground

Actually, I changed my mind and will be tanking with a Blood DK instead.

Trouble is... DK is the one tank class I've never played. I mean, I button-mashed my way through the starting area, but to actually play one, tank a 5-man etc? Not an iota of experience, no knowledge of rotations etc..

Any guides to recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

For Shadowpriest (or better said all priest speccs I would point you to howtopriest [they bought Shadowpriest.com]).

For Blood DK I think someone mentioned that the Icy Veins Guides are good... except they sucked for shadowpriests but well...

Anyway we finally got our kill of the third boss in MoguShan Vaults and with a near 100% certainity will be switching raidgroups/breaking up with ours and forming a new one with others.

To elaborate this a bit more (beware of rant):
    Spoiler
    Show
    avoid was superb in WotLK. We (a friend of mine and I) joined their 25-man Raid. I was a Shadowpriest and he was a Heal Paladin. Later my GF joined the raid with her Resto-Shaman. We had 2 ID's to try the LK hero but failed (we were in the second sword phase). We switched to 10man in Cataclysm because of many members quitting/being really painfully bad and my GF and my Buddy rerolled. She switched to Disc Priest and he switched to mage.
    FL came and our Raidlead quitted too. My Buddy took the raidlead and the offis became guildlead and so on.
    My GF and I left the raid because of certain conflicts.
    After a few months we began playing again in another guild but this didn't work out. So we came back to them. Now in the second ID (first ID for us) we finally killed 3 Bosses (had to spend 2 3hour evenings for that) and the new guys are not really that charming... so our old raidleader was back and raids again with us and seems to be opening a new raidgroup because of the degeneration he sees in his former guild.
    My GF wants to leave the raid because she loathes DPSing. She would like to have 2 healing speccs but feels the need to have a "questing" specc. She was asked to do DPS at the third boss... after a few tries the other healer (druid) was told to switch to moonkin and suddenly the deathrate while one healer is in the spirit world was 0. It's not like she healed more/more effective as the druid and it was known that she won't play DPS... but yeah so she had about 1 hour of no fun.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

28. - Top - End - #1348

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Dps can become rote (or at least it did pre-MoP, not sure how dynamic it is now) but at least you had the advantage of being able to burn through kill-quests very quickly. My entry to WoW was a holy priest, and believe me, holy fire-smite-fests to level were agonizingly slow in retrospect.

---

I spam links to websites about once a week anyway. Might as well just make it a thing every monday or something.
    wowwiki might as well not exist anymore. Spyware (lots, do a scan right now if you went there in the past month), poor community, and unsupported.
    Wowpedia.com is a wiki. Of Warcraft. And it's supported, where wowwiki typically isn't.
    wowhead.com now has a news section, a patch notes section, etc.
    wowinsider.com typically has patch notes and changes (in plain english, not just numbers and such) as well as guides and useful articles.
    icy-veins.com has guides on everything and anything. Not the best guides out there, but they are decently up to date. I found their tanking guides to be decent, and I would completely recommend them for their healing guides.
    tankspot.com --seriously, I don't know why I keep mentioning this place and no one ever goes there. Boss guides, player guides (yes, stuff other than tanking, don't let the name throw you), forums where people aren't complete jerks, Lore, The Weekly Marmot, PST, Darnell/Blizz Blues, etc. Seriously, go to tankspot.com right now.
    curse.com for addons. Spyware free for X days! Jokes aside, this is a reasonably safe website now. I get more spyware and issues from wowwiki than I do curse these days. It is a reasonably safe site now that they have better control over the adds on their website, and they have fixed the majority of the security gaps in the curse client for managing your addons.

www.livestream.com/Karoht
    www.twitch.tv/KarohtIV
    My livestreams. I'll be using Twitch for streaming but Livestream.com for storage of old streams. When I get my dual monitor setup going I'll be using the chat system way more for answering questions and the like.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ironically there are currently areas where wowwiki is already updated for MoP, while wowpedia is still in the process. That said, wowpedia is more reliable and supported.

Also, turns out I am actually liking paladin after all. Having gotten to the point where judgment gives holy power, I actually find it to be kind of fun watching it rise and fall with my verdict as ret. Also, that ability to be an off-healer and even an emergency tank is pretty nice, and it does it in a way I would not feel as secure doing with, say, a warrior. And I DO actually like healing, so having a class that includes that too is a plus.

Now I just look forward to exorcism as a proc, so then the randomness can begin. Also, the light is shiny.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Ret Paladin is one of the best spec's out there in terms of raw awesomeness and versitility. You can do just about everything at any time, so long as you know how to react when the time comes, and when to do it. The toolkit is a bit small and specialized, but the cooldowns are relatively short so mistakes are not all that unforgiving.
    Hand of Sacrifice. Man, I can't count the number of times that Hand of Sacrifice has saved a tank (or indeed, anyone), from imminent death. It is also incredibly handy for fights like Heroic Ultraxion if someone forgets/goofs up a cooldown, or if you're short a body or something.

So I Symbiosis a Deathknight to get Icebound Fortitude (40% Damage Reduction), I then cast Barkskin (20%) and Iron Bark (20%) on myself, and then go into Treeform (15%), and I'm nearly invincible for about 15 seconds.
    Rotating them is kind of fun, for a near-constant damage reduction.
    Barkskin first for 12 seconds (45 second CD),Treeform second which lasts for 30 seconds, IF third for 15 seconds, Barkskin again for another 12 seconds, Iron Bark for another 12 seconds, in roughly 30 seconds Barkskin is up again, and then by the time Barkskin is up again and used again, Treeform is back up and useable again, and the process repeats.
    Man, I wish there was a good way to chart the time indexes on all that and see how well it all lines up.