New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Even after enough hot gay men have been recruited so that nothing happens in AMEN except for bad slash fic and the entire thread is slapped behind a curtain?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    It's like bizarro HALO...Men...Above water...Evil...

*hangs head in shame, as his only character pretty much stays in HALO*

How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ICM? What is that? I'm quiet not good with shorts other then the gaming once loke OMG LOL ROFL.
    C'nor seems you missed that.^^

@Happy, well I can't really make a post at 3 in the morning.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

ICM stands for Inside City Militia.

4. - Top - End - #424

hmm I would like to have some on screen with tovpir and I think ICM sounds like some kind of polic so they may met somewhere in Inside. Obviously People would get afraid of him.^^

5. - Top - End - #425
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 'average' AMEN member meets at least three of the following characteristics:

1. Self-absorbed. May take the form of arrogance, narcissism, utter disdain for others (who are clearly inferior to you), or just general selfishness.

2. Obsessed. The object of this obsession is most commonly either power (to the exclusion of any interest in sex) or sex (to the exclusion of any interest in power). Rarely both (as in the case of Ilpholin or Kal). Occasionally the obsession is unrelated to sex or power, such as pleasure, SCIENCE!, shiny things, explosions, or attention. If your character simply has a normal interest in something, it doesn't count as an obsession.

3. Violent. You might hurt people for the lulz, for science, or because you lost your temper, but you're almost certainly fond of inflicting violence on others.

4. Upper end of the power scale. Even the Moffs have high mental defense, access to the Yellow Road for portaling, and are nigh-indestructible due to irresponsible cloning.

*is not entirely sure this classification system doesn't match up with a large number of non-AMEN PCs as well*
    It Definitely Matches Chez.

Self Absorbed: Not So Much, though Chez suffers from a BAD Case of 'Action Movie Hero' Syndrome.

Obsessed: Chez has a Massive Gun Fetish. Loves Guns. He thinks most other forms of Weaponry are either too Arcane or too High Tech.
    E.G. - 'Lasers are for Aiming Weapons and Plasma is for ******S.'

He's Also Pretty Obsessed with Sex, too.

Violent: He's CHEZ. He literally THRIVES off Violence and Death. Killing **** is his second favorite thing in life. (Guess what the first is.) For him, the Purpose of Life is to END others...

Higher End of the Power Level: Once again, he's CHEZ. He regenerates, is highly strong, and has an ****load of Firearms.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Say, do we have anything like an IRC for Nexus, or do we just communicate through here and Formspring?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm probably going to be on later, but I'm officially connected to the hotelternet. Which means tonight you will not be denied your daily dosage of Beans.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Say, do we have anything like an IRC for Nexus, or do we just communicate through here and Formspring?
    There is no IRC that I know of but some of us do chatter on about random FFRP stuff, games, books, and other things over MSN. I think it started way back when there was a GiTP AIM chat a few years ago and splintered off in the time between. Some of us dinosaurs hang around in it along with others (who are totally these upstart mammals with their hair and self regulating body temperature and they think they are sooooo cool) and the result is just natter.

....And it just hit me that I can now be considered a dinosaur here... Right. I am now the Lord Triceratops! Bow before my three-horned crown of might and sovereignty! BWAHAHAHA!

...Ahem...

In any case, it's pretty much a faster OoC. Not a counsel of doom that puppets all of this sub-forum to our whims or anything. I don't know why you would ask such a question, citizen.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes c'nor the the nest*
    Don't make me get my poking artillery.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, just set up a Formspring for my characters. The name is either Inyu's Various Oddities, or InyusOddities. Not entirely sure how this works.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the toes bite.

C'nor, please remember to post for Azurelle & Despair in Riverside.

Gulaghar, BladeofObliviom & ThirdEmperor, please post for the Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

I am wondering how long it is before Marty truly goes insane....It recently occurred to me that his house burnt down, he's had multiple bounty hunters after him, and his morality has been scared to near death multiple times by Chez, Kale, and Sleet....Nya, emotional scarring...

13. - Top - End - #433

Hoy Noodle!

Was curious but is that PC of yours still have a bounty on them? Got a PC that'll be freed up here in a bit that may be interested in going after them.

14. - Top - End - #434

@ C'nor: Hey I set up a post in Inside. If you want your char to appear , too it would be nice. A halfling and some strange laser wilding guy are there as well.^^

Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't really know any of them."

Fade is now really out of reasons to talk. His player wonders that Jamil doesn't care that Fade is a killer cause Fade mentioned that.

-------------------------------

Since Naku isn't going to be better and he after all needs this job Fade's shadow slides away to her body. The shadow changes his shape to a female human and when close to Naku tries to study her body. The study is a magical search which should tell Fade how her body structure is build from black and white mana. Black stands for undead parts while the white mana stands for life.
    If that works the shadow will cast a spell with the same mix of white and black mana, which should heal her slightly.

@ Mee: You may have missed that post, but since the scene had gone on it might not have happened, please tell me.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    Hoy Noodle!

Was curious but is that PC of yours still have a bounty on them? Got a PC that'll be freed up here in a bit that may be interested in going after them.
    Sure. What is your charactor?
    My halfling wretch guy is assembling a hunting party at NO. His name is Marciano. He's not too friendly, luckily Thenadier was already temporarily kicked out of town. He will return! But just.....not now. He has to plot now.

I feel sorry for my PC......

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

I just realized something... Wenomir could probably enter AMEN and get to all sorts of mischief while it's under the Moff rule. Hmmmm...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #437

Good thing Zefir traped his room after all. Yeah for not trusting other AMEN member.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Pixie in the Playground

For a character who technically evil, where would you all suggest he go? He's not an insane character exactly, and he doesn't just destroy things for fun. He has no qualms with killing evil, neutral, or good characters and he doesn't have a sense of loyalty to anyone.

I'm assuming AMEN is probably the best choice, but I wasn't sure if there were any other good threads to go to.

Character = Baldwin (in my sig)
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Er.....I think it's just AMEN.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Pixie in the Playground

That's what I figured. NO has a rule against killing right? Because my character doesn't hate good, evil, etc he just wants to grow more powerful (killing things)
    Also is there any advice for a person whose sole goal pretty much is to kill people? I don't want to be obnoxious and just pick fights with everyone I encounter but I mean his motivation is to absorb peoples' "essence" after all. Maybe fight NPC's instead?
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Nexus Character(s)

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCelt View Post
    That's what I figured. NO has a rule against killing right? Because my character doesn't hate good, evil, etc he just wants to grow more powerful (killing things)
    Also is there any advice for a person whose sole goal pretty much is to kill people? I don't want to be obnoxious and just pick fights with everyone I encounter but I mean his motivation is to absorb peoples' "essence" after all. Maybe fight NPC's instead?
    NO has a rule against assassination jobs, yes.

A murderous character is very hard to get right, and often is best accomplished through OoC preparation and cooperation ahead of time. Generally, asking people here if they have a character they don't mind entering into a potentially lethal fight with will do the trick, provided there is someone with such a character.

Alternatively, you can ask someone to control a nameless character for you to fight, since fight RP without anything at stake can be cathartic and fun if done right. The thing to remember is that you're never guaranteed success, unless it's arranged ahead of time who loses. Just have fun with the fight/killing attempt and if you lose then perhaps try again later.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

MURDER is an assassins guild.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

For a character who technically evil, where would you all suggest he go? He's not an insane character exactly, and he doesn't just destroy things for fun. He has no qualms with killing evil, neutral, or good characters and he doesn't have a sense of loyalty to anyone.

I'm assuming AMEN is probably the best choice, but I wasn't sure if there were any other good threads to go to.

Character = Baldwin (in my sig)
    Going to the AMEN thread will result in lulz at the current time. If you want to actually meet the normal rank and file AMEN members, they're in the Outside thread having a deathmatch to determine leadership.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

There might be a couple of ways to do so, depending on what direction you wish to go.

One way is to have the nature or amount of essence within different individuals be different such that the possibility of getting hold of a powerful one could serve as temporal motivation for helping others. :3

Another one might be to have your character plot ways to acquire large amounts of souls, be it through accepting offerings in exchange for not devouring the offer-giver or just avoiding notice while gathering a cult.

Slii's idea sounds groovy too, though. Would be pretty fun to play a temporary character.

Bear in mind that none of my characters are any worse than a mild case of vampiric eating habits, so I am just hypothesising. ^_^'

PS: There are a lot of really powerful entities and organisations in the Nexus, your character might keep a low profile to avoid being targeted by gods.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #445

There's an assassin's guild I run, if you want to try and join it. I can't guarantee your character will get in, though, because its leader has some fairly high standards about who to hire (higher standards than when he started, anyway.)

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, /\ Marciano is having trouble joining.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    I agree, /\ Marciano is having trouble joining.
    Wait, I'm confused. Is Marciano in separate places at the same time?

There's a lot more options that I thought. I might take up the offer of attempting to enter MURDER later, but for now I was thinking more of opening a fight with a disposable character if anyone was up for it. Which leads me to ask: Does anyone have a spare character they don't mind possibly losing? Or maybe a character they could create temporary for the sake of possibly dying?

Also, those are some pretty solid ideas Keveak. I was contemplating the first suggestion and I believe I'm going to go ahead with that. The more powerful, the more essence. The second one would work just as well.

@Rotting Baron: MURDER might be a solid option for my other character since he is focused more on stealth than this guy, but either one could work probably.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

28. - Top - End - #448

Havin the same char in different places is common. It's called plotclones. Normaly these clones are used in plots or a situation with another player who is deadtimed when your on. That way you can still play the scene and your char could act. Important is that these plotclones exist in different time zones so if one of the recives an Item the other one shouldn't have it until the reciving one merge again with the normal one.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Pixie in the Playground

Havin the same char in different places is common. It's called plotclones. Normaly these clones are used in plots or a situation with another player who is deadtimed when your on. That way you can still play the scene and your char could act. Important is that these plotclones exist in different time zones so if one of the recives an Item the other one shouldn't have it until the reciving one merge again with the normal one.
    Oh, gotcha that makes sense. It seems that this could cause confusion quite easily though .
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, gotcha that makes sense. It seems that this could cause confusion quite easily though .
    I can most definitely be confusing, and messy, but I find it's worth it to get more play time in with your characters. If you don't post as often, or have less desire to play your character while you wait on others, you might not bother at all.