New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Hey Beans? Mindfreak? Do you think the Hive stuff needs its own thread?
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #662
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Blah! Head cloudy! Brain isn't responding! Mayday! Mayday! I'm deadtiming for the rest of the night on account of mind fog!

And BR? Could you please post in DFI for the scene with Dave and Clarissa? Pretty, pretty please?

*Activates big, shiny eyes power.*

Pwease?

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

For the thing with the Masks, I know you said prosthetic limbs are alright, but would an entirely prosthetic body count as armor/weapons?

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

BTW, is it your turn or mine in Home, C'nor? I kinda lost track.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm sorry, you're going to have to check your body. Please sign the waiver of liability form, and we'll give you your claim ticket. Return here to pick up the body when you're finished with the festivities."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Er... Mine, I think. You mean for Talnissa and Kara, right? That said, if you want to assume that they finished breakfast, that works too.

Edit:

@Happy:

You know, Talnissa, who's one of the ones I was thinking of with that, could actually do that...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-02-19 at 10:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, if KR's entire wardrobe has been 'enhanced' with armored microfibers, does than mean she has to check her clothes at the door!? O_o

"Perfeccttt....."

Shut up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Um...someone with a fully prosthetic body probably wouldn't get an invite in the first place, but if they're brought as the +1, they will be checked for much closer than the others.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question for people. I'm having a bit of a issue figuring out where to go next with Gordon. I have one idea, but I'm told that it would take away from my last post, and maybe have another problem. Any ideas please?

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

He dies. Later he gets reborn from the valcano as a rainbow dragon.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #671
    Barbarian in the Playground

He dies, and when he gets resurrected something goes wrong and his dragon and human soul bits get merged and he winds up as a half-dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

I think him falling into a recuperative coma might work. I mean, the damage placed on him is severe, and mixed with the knock-out toxin, it could put him into an extended hibernation or coma for quite a while IC and OOC(other people would probably have a better judge of how long would be appropriate). When he comes out, he could be healed as his body would have concentrated on fighting off the various inflictions and regenerating the damage done, but with likely some permanent damage done to him. Likely to his brain and other parts of his nervous system.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Makes sense. He would appear dead, the whole fight/succession thing gets resolved and everyone ships off. Turns out Gordon survived with some selective brain damage.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-19 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #674

That could work. And there's a little something that would come in handy later that goes with it.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearly the only solution is for him to go into a recuperative coma, get thrown into the valcano, then emerge as a brain-damaged rainbow half-dragon. Classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #676

Well, I was planning on having the Battlemages (who really need a new name, they're useless in actual combat) put a stasis spell on Gordon. Basically the same as a healing coma, except that it freezes everything. No further damage, no natural healing, nothing until the spell is released, giving the docs ample time to do their best to patch Gordy up before leaving the rest to his own regeneration. Presumably there would still be some lingering effects, but if the spell works it would pretty much minimizing lasting damage.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem with that would be that it's a direct interference in the fight. Probably best to just let it play out as already described.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

The brain damage should come with a personality change! He's now a really swell guy, likes puppies, and has perfect direction sense!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #679

He can fix the brain damage. Remember the healing flower he got a while ago? That's more powerful enough to fix that problem. Though to make sure that happens, he's going to be out of things for a least a month.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

One final note(for now) about the Charity Auction. In this scene, money matters. If your PC has bottomless pockets, please act otherwise. Set a strict IC/OOC amount of either cash or gold that your PC can carry on their person. If you suddenly get the urge to whip out 10k gold coins just to win the bid, don't. Keep it reasonable and "Realistic" such as what might be in a wallet or purse. It's a "cash only" auction. No checks, credit, debit, or barter.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    He can fix the brain damage. Remember the healing flower he got a while ago? That's more powerful enough to fix that problem. Though to make sure that happens, he's going to be out of things for a least a month.
    Phantom, I have to say I take a bit of issue with this.

Using something to just erase everything he went through is tantamount to just going with "sure, you can do that" and then just ignoring it. It makes people feel bad, and like their action wasn't worth it at all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Um...someone with a fully prosthetic body probably wouldn't get an invite in the first place, but if they're brought as the +1, they will be checked for much closer than the others.
    So... Having them try to sneak their body in as a piece of statuary would be pretty much doomed as soon as anyone saw her, then?

23. - Top - End - #683
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Phantom, I have to say I take a bit of issue with this.

Using something to just erase everything he went through is tantamount to just going with "sure, you can do that" and then just ignoring it. It makes people feel bad, and like their action wasn't worth it at all.
    And I see this a bit hypocritical, if I remember correctly to get that thing there was a little quest went on, and things done. So it seems to me, that he should be able to use what he worked on too. It isn't something just pulled out of thin air and he did say that Gordon would have some time out to heal and recover.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Troll in the Playground

Wolfy just means that the Slaaneshi cultists are mostly inviting attractive people (because they're sluts *cough*) and they don't think robots are hawt.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord View Post
    And I see this a bit hypocritical, if I remember correctly to get that thing there was a little quest went on, and things done. So it seems to me, that he should be able to use what he worked on too. It isn't something just pulled out of thin air and he did say that Gordon would have some time out to heal and recover.
    Hypocritical means I had done what I'm saying not to do. That's not what's going on here.

Semantics aside the work was put in before, and while a timeout is present, if Gordon can be back to full capacity immediately afterwards it just smacks of it being bad form. There should be at least some challenge afterwards.

In fact, who's to say that someone doesn't simply take the flower and Gordon has to get it back? a bit of strife, a little plot, and everybody is happy.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Hypocritical means I had done what I'm saying not to do. That's not what's going on here.

Semantics aside the work was put in before, and while a timeout is present, if Gordon can be back to full capacity immediately afterwards it just smacks of it being bad form. There should be at least some challenge afterwards.

In fact, who's to say that someone doesn't simply take the flower and Gordon has to get it back? a bit of strife, a little plot, and everybody is happy.
    To be fair, Phantom did say that Gordon would be out of the game for at least a month, so it's not immediate.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    So... Having them try to sneak their body in as a piece of statuary would be pretty much doomed as soon as anyone saw her, then?
    Since the Masks are the ones who decorated the place, yes, it would fail.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

I know, this is just a personal grievance and I'm sure several people would feel the same as I would about that. So, if you feel like it, feel free to ignore me, i suppose.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wolfy just means that the Slaaneshi cultists are mostly inviting attractive people (because they're sluts *cough*) and they don't think robots are hawt.
    Kara thinks Talnissa's hawt!

But, speaking of the event, Dani would be on the invite list, I'm pretty sure.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

Nervous system damage! Brain damage! Coma!

Yeah...

This sounds alot like what happened to Percilia (which was, contrary to popular belief, beneficial to her as whatever doesn't kill her only makes her stronger (Super Saiyan abit much?)). I'd like to suggest that anybody considering dealing any amount of brain damage to their character consider how emotionally damaging it will be. Losing an aperture is tortuous enough. Losing a sense is nigh unbearable. The key governing and general rule I learned of while trying to imitate semi-realistic grievous brain injury is this: less is often more. Madness might also follow, but that depends on the net total of optimism/pessimism levels.

It personally makes me really sad whenever I think of how Percilia would (or, as the case is, would not) react to touch.

But she's nearly been killed twice by now, so I can elevate her power level a stage more.

So, that's my basic view on character brain damage. Keep it low and keep a motivating payoff so that your character doesn't sink to the lowest depths of depression because I can tell you from personal experience that brain damage is a horrible, horrible, horrible thing for anyone to experience.

It shouldn't be thrust upon a player who doesn't already want their character to have it, because it is personality and mind crushing and shattering and annihilating and may or may not lead to lunacy.

Again, that's merely my opinion, having rped this kind of debilitating condition previously.

And now, back to my scheduled dazed and exhausted stupor!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-02-19 at 11:51 PM.