New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Speaking of Annabelle, Darklord, I believe it's your turn to post for the Dock by the Lake in GLoG.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yeah, AMEN's defenses are piss-poor compared to GLoG's. Living on top of a volcano is no match for a cactus fence.
    That's not exactly a great comparison of their relative defense levels. It's a cactus fence with a bunch of deities, exalted, and similar things, as well as a Tobias, living behind it. GLoG's not exactly undefended. Also, GLoG has few, if any, enemies, whereas AMEN is enemies with HALO, Remnant, and a variety of unaffiliated PCs.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Most of GLoG's godlings are in deep deadtime and AMEN has no shortage of powerful characters. I don't really want to argue it, though. I was just being snarky.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    That's not exactly a great comparison of their relative defense levels. It's a cactus fence with a bunch of deities, exalted, and similar things, as well as a Tobias, living behind it. GLoG's not exactly undefended. Also, GLoG has few, if any, enemies, whereas AMEN is enemies with HALO, Remnant, and a variety of unaffiliated PCs.
    Well, I can't remember the last time I've seen a deity in GLoG, so that's hardly the case. Not to mention that there aren't that maybe Exalted, and one of the players that plays most of those that exist isn't exactly here all the time. GLoG does have some powerful individuals, but people exaggerate it far too often.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Well, I can't remember the last time I've seen a deity in GLoG, so that's hardly the case. Not to mention that there aren't that maybe Exalted, and one of the players that plays most of those that exist isn't exactly here all the time. GLoG does have some powerful individuals, but people exaggerate it far too often.
    I think I've gotten confused by things BR's and FF's characters from the future have said as far as the deities...

Also, unless there are Exalted on the other side, isn't one plenty?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Yeah, AMEN's defenses are piss-poor compared to GLoG's. Living on top of a volcano is no match for a cactus fence.
    Cacti.

In a camp run by a high-level druid.

Yeeaah, I'm pretty sure that cactus fence can be a far more effective defense than you give it credit for.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, you think you're confused, think about what we go through.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

It would be, if this weren't the Nexus. Exalted are only unstoppable killing machines in their own universe, after all. Over here, they're merely 'above average', and there's plenty of those hanging around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Really guys, let's not turn this into a power debate. I don't see how either snarking about it or rebutting it will lead to anything positive.

There will be six soldiers of ielf's and I'm thinking about 10 pantherbots of MF's. Ilpholin isn't going to allow more to try to keep any one person from having more readily available power than her. As a defensive force, I don't find this horribly unreasonable. If you're intent on attacking/infiltrating the base for whatever reason, I'd be more worried about the Moff's dragging you out for make-out sessions or Fire spewing flowers or walls that can eat you, personally.

Also TE's right and terrifying at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Hey, you think you're confused, think about what we go through.
    At least you have some inside knowledge of what's going on, though...

*Pokes Rebonack to Mallside*

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

At least you have some inside knowledge of what's going on, though...
    That's exactly the problem!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    That's exactly the problem!
    I fail to see how that's worse than trying to figure out which of the five or so timelines you're using you're talking about, and thus interspersing bits of all of them with the rest.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Obviously what we all need is a bucket of puppies:

My only input on the army thing is to beg that the new AMEN clone soldiers not be called "drones".

Since I think Sunny started off as a character, though it doesn't make the example any less valid, an actual NPC that has since turned into a PC is Kara
    Sunny did start as an NPC. Reinholdt had mindwiped the apocacon and said 'Anyone who wants to play the NPCs, go ahead', so I couldn't resist the opportunity of playing a completely blank npc. I started with the intention of letting her be fully cured and then disappear into obscurity. Then I found out who she was as I played her and she became my favourite character. Everyone has their own style, and apparently mine is the less background I start with, the more likely the character is to be successful.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I can say that joining AMEN in the future will not be quite as simple as signing a paper anymore. I agree with Watch in moving away from that somewhat outdated system.

But I still haven't even had a chance to even attempt to implement some of the changes I've got in mind.
    Obviously one of the requirements should be to eat five live crunchy chicks.

On a more serious note, Cyrus has a small army of Thrax Soldiers, supplied by Karyana way back when. He hasn't gotten around to coming up with a way to accelerate their gestation and rearing times, though, so he has a total of 100 adults and of that number, only about 70 are capable of doing anything. On the bright side, they have access to the magic items that Cyrus makes in his free time, so they aren't total pushovers.

That said, something on the power level of Remnant Soldiers could more or less just mow them down.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let the Grick bite.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I have a question...
    Is Ilpholin a double agent or something in AMEN?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Remnant is likely the best example of a "Standing Army" in the Nexus right now, so I feel I should chip in on a few things.

Inyu, you are right in that it is a two-way street and that a person should expect to be able to get past such things somehow, but you should also know that you should ALWAYS talk to the people in the Org/controller of the army to work things out beforehand. Even if you can't decide upon the way the scene ends, you should still set limits. OOC surprises are a sure way to make it harder on yourself most of the time.

People who spend a lot of IC and OOC time building up such a force shouldn't be required to have their soldiers be wiped out like the literal Redshirts from Star Trek. As the person who made Remnant, I have put forth a lot of time and effort into the organization's equipment, "personality", and the so-called "NPCs" that are in it and don't like it going to waste with just a single post of attacks just as I know TE wouldn't want anything of his killed off by a flyswatter. We may have disagreements on occasion, but I'm pretty sure we'd agree on that point.

tl;dr: Work together for the fun and benefit of both(or more) parties.

On the note of the Remnant "NPCs"...well, they are NPCs to Remnant Players for the most part. Those who have been "Named" though, belong to their creator and should be considered Pseudo-NPCs. I consider it somewhat artful to give ones like Bugs(Head Medic) and Fred(Drow Assault Spec.) their own flavor and histories. Just because they aren't "Real" PCs doesn't mean they should go neglected and be used just for scenery.

As for "Power Level" of Remnants...their biggest advantage is simply that they work as a unit. Their gear and weapons, while detailed, are not all that special. Especially in Remnant. These people really are simple soldiers, policemen, and sometimes firefighters. Most of the second choose not to wear armor, and the last ones aren't really for combat. And to be honest, most Remnants are merely support personnel instead of any of the three with access to special equipment at most times.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

If by double agent you mean using AMEN to further her own goals just like everyone else who's ever been in charge of AMEN, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So I have a question...
    Is Ilpholin a double agent or something in AMEN?
    Darcy's a double agent. Kinda. Darcy infiltrated AMEN on behalf of Watchtower ages ago, which is when she befriended Ilpholin. She got her loyalties mixed, got caught, talked her way out of trouble with both orgs, and took a break for a while.

Now, she doesn't care much about AMEN, but she's very protective of Ilpholin. So she came to the fight in disguise as a Moff, and gave Ilpholin healing and buff lollipops to help her out. Usually when she's an infiltrator, she's a much better actress, but her worries about her best friend made her do a really shoddy job as a Moff. In all the mayhem, nobody seemed to notice IC. I don't know how many players guessed OOC.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Where do y'alls think would be the best place to introduce the time-jellyfish-lady-whatsit?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of jellyfish-ladies, sort of (since you had Irukandji), do you have any problem with how Alia and Chlo got to the Nexus?

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with that, and I hope fun is had with those characters being arounds and stuff.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

There should be. (If you want, you can bring Iru in too... The dynamics between the four of them were interesting.)

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Pixie in the Playground

If I may ask a question about Darcy, what developed between her and Becky exactly? I understand that they were tv buddies for some time, but Becky tends to bring up the subject of Darcy so frequently that it would lead me to believe that the dynamic was more than just that.

Just kinda curious about that.

Also, what is happening to the catwalks now that Gordon has been deposed? Rogar and Gordon were the only ones who were really able to control them, unless my memory is flawed. There are a considerable number of them dwelling in the base and they are extremely dangerous.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

Becky might have had a bit of a crush on Darcy, but it was pretty much that she got along well with the shapeshifter and considered her one of her very, very few true friends.

Speaking of Becky, I should probably have her arrive with Dave and Clarissa at some point, shouldn't I?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know how many catwalks are left. Some of them were killed in the fire set by singingnoodle's characters, but I doubt they all were.

As for Darcy and Becky, they were only tv buddies. Becky just has a crush on her, like she does every pretty girl she knows, but it's completely unreciprocated. Darcy is 99% straight, with the 1% being an attraction to Ilpholin. There was some chance of it turning into more with Ilph, but then Darcy being tortured by demons happened, which has turned Darcy off of sex quite a bit. She broke up with her boyfriend over it even. She was gradually starting to recover, to the point of flirting a little with Ilpholin, and then Ilpholin got turned into a demon drow.

Subconsciously, Darcy recognizes that Ilpholin has become the same type of demon as the kind that tortured her, which has made her uneasy enough inside that the attraction isn't there right now. Darcy just attributes the uneasiness to worry over her friend's near death and precarious new political position though. Darcy consciously realizing what Ilph has become will be rather traumatic, which is why it hasn't happened yet. Reinholdt needs a little time to consolidate the AMEN stuff before having a huge emotional crisis scene to rp.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Bugbear in the Playground

The catwalks are still in the base, and there's about 80 of them left. They mostly are sticking to their dens, but Rogar still has them in reserve.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes Harnel to Mallside*

I posted for someone quite far back, but you appear to have missed it...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-02-29 at 10:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

He sacrificed himself in order to destroy the catwalks! How noble!

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Orc in the Playground

And I'm back from work. So, brief timeskip backwards! Wait, that's not how it works...

Anyways, I don't want to resurrect a dead subject here, but I feel like I should say a few things. Firstly, I'm glad that my post didn't cause a crap-storm like I was worried it would. That post wasn't the most well composed argument I've ever made, plus I kinda feel like it missed what I was trying to convey just slightly.

@Slii_Arhem: Eh, don't worry about it. Like I said, not the best post I've ever made, what with almost rushing it out before I left for work this morning. I actually wasn't aware that AMEN was that easy to infiltrate, although I suspected the backstabbing that would be involved (). Then again, truth be told, I didn't really have all that much information on the subject, and I really just reacted to what I saw as a trend that had suddenly reared its head, a trend that concerned me a bit.

@The_Alexandrian: Just thought I'd say you made very good points there.

@Wolfbane: I agree with you. Cooperation is definitely key.

@Everyone else: Thank you for keeping things civil. I really, really appreciate it. I am so sorry for any confusion or irritation or similar that I've caused.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.