New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Of those Darker things in the shadow (IC)

Jessiah

Jesse's first reaction is to draw his weapons as the monster reared its true form. There is no thought for reason or strategy. It was clear: it attacked one of them, and it was a threat. The logical recourse is to eliminate it.

Stepping to the side, guns drawn and pointed at the demon, he lets loose a volley of shots.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to C4.
    Swift action activate Alarming Alacrity boost (+1 additional attack)
    Active stance: Hawk's Eyes (+2 attack, damage, x2 range)
    Full attack with Rapid Shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+18)[7](25)
    Damage: (1d10+9)[16]

Attack 2: (1d20+18)[2](20)
    Damage: (1d10+6)[10]

Attack 3: (1d20+18)[5](23)
    Damage: (1d10+9)[14]

Attack 4: (1d20+18)[8](26)
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16]

Attack 5: (1d20+13)[12](25)
    Damage: (1d10+9)[15]

Attack 6: (1d20+13)[14](27)
    Damage: (1d10+6)[16]

I'm not sure how Rapid Shot interacts with TWF. Some of the stuff I read says it grants an attack for both hands, while others say only one. I just added the additional attack, so in case the second one is correct, just ignore attack 2.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Peacekeeper

The warforged doesn't flinch as the demon bats at it. Instead, it takes a resounding step toward the beast. "Fall back, citizens!" it booms. "Peacekeeper shall eradicate this evil!" Clasping its longsword in both hands, Peacekeeper stabs at the creature with all its might. Only after attacking does the demon's initial attack even seem to register, though it does little to slow the machine. This is what it was designed for.

Free action: 5 ft step to D8
    Swift action: change stance to Iron Guard's Glare (-4 to attack allies)
    Full action: full attack, first attack Smiting Evil (w/ Stone Power @ -5 for 10 temporary HP)
    27 vs AC for 16 slashing damage
    10 vs AC for 9 slashing damage
    No action: take 8 delayed damage from temporary HP (10 - 2 DR/adamantine = 8)
    Current HP total: 104/104 (and 2 temporary HP)
    Notes: Since the demon dealt damage to Peacekeeper, it gets a +1 bonus to AC until the end of its next turn. However, since it's a morale bonus, Peacekeeper may be immune...

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1 - (1d20+12)[27]
    Damage 1 - (1d8+9)[16]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage 2 - (1d8+7)[9]

Spoiler
    Show
    Crusader granted maneuvers:
    • Charging Minotaur
    • Douse the Flames

Paladin readied maneuvers:
    • Shield Block
    • Wall of Blades
    • Mountain Hammer
    • Iron Heart Surge
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-02-28 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Nalfeshnee -
    Almost laughing at the attacks sent his way, stepping back his bloated form suddenly pulses with a bright nimbus of light. The thing laughs manically looking to you all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Now the whole party is on group initiative, right?)

Spellcraft: Take 10 (skill mastery) + 20 = 30

~No damage - Evac recommended!~ Vilac thinks to the team while casting Fox's cunning on the move. ~Silverstaff, please delay and teleport!~ she requests as she comes to a halt at G8, touching the mage's shoulder.

(I originally made a bunch of will saves in posts (couldn't get a good roll so rerolled twice and misposted once) and then realized it hadn't actually fired its ability yet.)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-02-29 at 05:53 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gillivane sighs and shrugs her shoulders, her eyes locked on the demon. Whatever it was laughing about, it was preparing something, and when something of that power took a few seconds to charge up, it meant real trouble. Maybe it was better to withdraw, but.. to hell with it, this was their best chance. If they had to come back tomorrow, the demons would have entrenched, and killed any prisoners, if they had any. "Negative. Kill it, we can do this!" Shrugging of the hand of the red mage, she concentrates and evokes the power of a robe. A nimbus of blue light plays over her, then leaps out, forming a gigantic beetle that charges at the demon, trying to impale it on it's horn while pushing it against peacekeeper. It misses, but continues to fight with mindless, enraged abandon. Almost as an afterthought, Gillivane touches a bead of her necklace, strengthening herself with it's magic.

------------------

Free: 5-foot to G7
    Standart: Summon Monster V (trough Robe of Mystical Conjuration, switch out Telekinesis) to summon a celestial stag beetle.
    Stag Beetle appears at the other side of the demon, carges to A12-B13 and attacks (22, 30 Damage), providing peacekeeper and anyone else who wants it with a flanking bonus
    Swift Action: 1 Charge from necklace for 12 temporary hit points
    Thanks for Zefir for the custom avatar.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Cognette -
    You cast your spell with ease and your are calmed by the protective magic, for now.

Twin -
    Moving you provoke an attack from the thing, but he ignores you for now!

Your strike seems to be true, but misses the large beast by a wide berth, this thing may be more than you can handle.

Note - you didn't hit so you can take back the bardic music for the blackfire

Jessiah -
    Moving to the side you have a clear shot to the demons side, unleashing your payload of blackpowder you see only one shot manages to hit the thing, the bullet smashes into it's hide barely going as far as it should. The thing has incredibly tough skin!

Peacekeeper -
    Moving to close with the demon your attack sounds true, calling upon whatever inner reserve of strength you have you smite the beings hide with a ferocious stroke of your blade causing black ichor to stream from the thing, the Nalfeshnee howls but still manages to keep the radiant nimbus up, but just barely.

Gillivane -
    Sacrificing your spell to fuel your robe the Celestial Stag beetle is summoned with a quickness and charges as soon as it's moving feet touch the solid ground, but alas it manages to miss the giant demon before it, the demon chooses not to attack the thing as it moves under it's reach.

Top of round 2

{table=head]Character|Initiative
    Vilac|26
    Twin|19
    Jessiah|14
    Nalfeshnee|11
    Peacekeeper|6
    Gillivane|5
    [/table]

BattleMap
    Spoiler
    Show

Cognette -
    Moves to Gillivane.

Twin is up.

Spoiler
    Show

Please keep all your crunchy information in spoiler tags, it helps me out to understand what you are doing and the numbers involved.

Thanks, and so far looking great!
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Twin switches from Child of Shadows Stance to Tactics of the Wolf

Spoiler
    Show

Twin Now Initiates Shadow Blade Technique, he takes the higher of the two rolls.

Attack (Factors in flanking)
    (1d20+16)[23]
    (1d20+16)[21]
    Crit Confirm (X3)
    (1d20+16)[25]
    Damage:
    (1d8+11)[16] (Factors in Tactics of the wolf)

Twin has now recovered the following bard maneuers due to using the crusader mechanic.
    Shadow Blade Technique,
    tactical Strike
    Shadow Jaunt

Shadow Blade Technique:
    Roll 2 attack rolls, I may either take the higher roll of the two and attack with that or take the lower roll and attack twice, the second roll deals only 1d6 cold damage.

Tactics of the wolf:
    Me and all allies gain half my IL level as a bonus on damage rolls on flanked targets, in this case a bonus of 5 damage per hit.

Twin now recovers Clinging Shadow Strike.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Jessiah

Wary of the ominous glow surrounding the monster, he steps back and to the side. Also noting the ineffectiveness of his attacks against the monster's tough hide, he switches tactics, adjusting his stance to focus his shots on spots with lesser defenses, then unleashes a second barrage of bullets.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to B3.
    Swift action change stance to Soft Targeting. (pierce Damage Reduction by 3)
    Full attack action with Rapid Shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+16)[7](23)
    Damage: (1d10+7)[15]

Attack 2: (1d20+16)[11](27)
    Damage: (1d10+7)[11]

Attack 3: (1d20+16)[18](34)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

Attack 4: (1d20+11)[8](19)
    Damage: (1d10+7)[13]

Attack 5: (1d20+11)[8](19)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[8]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Demon's turn now and its ability activates before it's moves/actions so here's my save/s:)

Will Save (charisma-based): (1d20+15)[31] (actually 33 (forgot to add the recent Int boost to arcane resilience) :))

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 70, AC: 25 ((-4 th for Nalfeshnee) Touch: 14, Flatfooted: 22), Fort +12, Reflex +18, Will +14, Rerolls 2/2, Spells remaining: 6/5/5/6/3, Melee +8, Ranged +10
    Permanency: Arcane Sight, Dark Vision, See Invisibility, Tongues, Comprehend Languages
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-03-04 at 09:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

The colorful nimbus playing around its bloated body moves ever faster until it becomes a blur, and then suddenly bursts in a shower of light motes.

All of you get covered by the powerful energy that seems to assault your very senses, threatening to overwhelm you with it's power. But to no avail, you pull through and grit your teeth shunting the energy aside and move forward with purpose.

All of you save.

The Demon stops laughing and realizes he may have underestimated the lot of you.

Stepping back he conjures powerful dark energies that stream out from him and slam into Gillivane, Will DC 20 or affected by Feeblemind spell.

PeaceKeeper is up.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2012-03-05 at 01:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #101

Peacekeeper

The warforged stands motionless as the demon's energy throbs around it. As the aura recedes, the mechanical creature removes one hand from its longsword and points at the demon. "You cannot defeat Peacekeeper alone," it booms, "what chance do you have against an entire company of equally powerful allies? We can defeat you without aid, but the mage you attack can make us even stronger!"

Peacekeeper returns its hand to the longsword, steps forward, and prepares a mighty swing. It waits momentarily for the all-too familiar buzz of magical energy surging through its joints that Gillivane often provided in such moments: spells that usually made Peacekeeper strike true and move quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free (or move?) action: 5 foot step (or more) to close with the demon
    Standard action: ready action to initiate Mountain Hammer with full Stone Power after Gillivane's turn
    29 vs AC for 22 damage (which bypasses DR).
    Note: this attack gives Peacekeeper 10 temporary HP, which replace the 2 temporary HP from last round. Also, if Gillivane casts Haste, the attack roll becomes a 30.
    HP total: 104/104 (and 10 temporary HP)

Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[15]
    Mountain Hammer Damage - (2d6)[7]
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-03-05 at 02:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Gillivane freezes up for a moment and then slumps to the floor in a heap. Meanwhile, the beetle continues to follow it's last command and attacks the demon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+14)[32]

Smite: (4d6+19)[32]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cognette doublecasts Fox's Cunning and Cat's Grace on Gillivane and herself respectively then 5-foot steps to F6.

~And this is why all the parties love me!~

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 70, AC: 27 ((-4 th for Nalfeshnee) Touch: 16, Flatfooted: 22), Fort +12, Reflex +20, Will +14, Rerolls 2/2, Spells remaining: 6/3/5/6/3, Doublecasts remaining: 2, Melee +8, Ranged +12
    Permanency: Arcane Sight, Dark Vision, See Invisibility, Tongues, Comprehend Languages

While thinking victorious thoughts to her colleagues really loudly the now superintelligent red mage simultaneously speaks to the moderately wounded demon in abyssal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Evac for truce! Message me!" Cognette offers the demon.
    Diplomacy Check (OOC thread): 1d20+21 = 38
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-03-07 at 07:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Gillivane slumps to the floor a drooling mess Cognette cast's her spells on the two of them but the spells only affect her half as much due to the headband she is already wearing.

As small explosions resound through the opening, Peacekeeper and Twin keep up the attacks against he Demon something starts to happen.

At first you think it must be a magical cortex, but as you look closer you realize the whole place is being pulled, sucked away from you, the color of everything is draining away.

The Nalfeshnee takes a step forward as if to punish the mortals before it but dissolves into a maelstrom of color, swirling together and then dissipate altogether.

You all find yourselves in a small spherical room made from some manner of metal, a opening swings wide letting in sunlight and a diminutive figure flies through moving to Gillivane.

"Get up dear, you are fine." she says before turning to the rest of you.

"I am sorry about this, but I had to test you, my cousin said you might fit the bill and it seems you do." she pauses and looks to Cognette "Well maybe not all of you, but the majority, and that works for me."

Spoiler
    Show

All HP damage is real, but Gillivane is fine and not under the affect of a feeblemind, your beetle is still there however.

Spellcraft and Knowledge Arcana checks will help you understand what is going on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Jessiah

Jesse prepares to fire another shot when he notices the swirling magical phenomenon going on around him. He looks around, trying to make sense of it, but brings his eyes back towards their foe as it seemed to lunge at them. He fires off a shot then hears the clicking of the hammer hitting empty bullet slots, prompting hims to step back as he tries to reload his firearms, something he does unbelievably fast.

By the time he is done, the Nalfeshnee seems to be disappearing from reality, baffling him again. A few moments after, a stream of light catches his attention, and he sees a small figure come in and go towards Gillivane. He follows the figure with his eyes and listens as she tries to convey something about a cousin and them being tested, the whole while training his arms at her, hammers pulled back and ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action fire weapon.
    Attack: (1d20+17)[28]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[15]

5 foot step back.
    Swift action activate Black Tempest to reload his guns.

16. - Top - End - #106

Gillivane lets out a small groan and reaches for her head as her ability to reason returns. It takes her a few moments to get over the shock of what just happened. Was it an illusion? No, her fellows were hurt. Something more complicated then... She had felt her mind wasting away in a matter of seconds. It was a frightening experience for someone who valued her mental prowess above all else. She had to find some way to protect her mind.. herself from such a spell. Rather would she be slain then live out her life as a mindless thing, perhaps under the care of some misguided healers.

With a great effort of will, she fights back the terror and brushes of her robe. "I am glad that your experiment yielded results. Let us not repeat it, shall we? May I presume that you are Jureln Blackwood?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+19)[24]
    Knowledge Arcana: (1d20+16)[24]
    Last edited by Mystral; 2012-03-07 at 02:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Peacekeeper

The robotic creature keeps both hands firmly affixed to its sword as the demon vanishes from sight. "Backup requested," it calls, "the evil one has gone invisible!" The warforged maintains a sturdy pose and looks around, its eyes darting from one corner of its head to the other. As it sees the small figure fly forward, it pivots to face her and says, "Greetings, citizen. Be warned, but not alarmed: there is an evil, invisible demon in the vicinity. Are you evil as well?"
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-03-07 at 04:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spellcraft: 30
    Knowledge Arcana: 1d20+12 (forgot to roll when I posted)
    "I think it's all right Peacekeeper." the young mage says, the fingertips of her left hand on the warforged's right arm.
    "Remember I can see the invisible?" Her eyes glowed blue as usual with arcane sight, the other spells producing no visible effect but often presumed by most bystanders; probably why the pickpocket had gone easy on her.
    "I can not detect any invisible form. The demon we fought was very likely some sort of illusion... amplified by the nature of the metals in this room... to see if we would fight the figment or try to negotiate with it."

Knowledge Nature: 1d20+8
    Vilac looks carefully at the flying creature, reading it's magical signature and trying to place it as regards species as she mechanically admired its flight capability.
    "I would surmise this person is either the master or close to her masters in terms of values, who are probably the ones we intended to visit: Halflings, a race that is typically neutral but aspires to different varieties of good represented by their Gods. The method of testing us, in particular the use of illusion magic, could mean the councillor values freedom and creativity."
    Despite her words however Cognette seemed to remain wary. Apologies only went so far
    Spoiler
    Show
    even if she was the one who had offered, for a moment, to sacrifice commoner souls for the demon to leave them alone so that a cure could have quickly been found.

With a shrug the red mage aquitted herself of the majority of her possessions to the floor of the chamber, including her headband of intelligence, gloves of dexterity and the rest of her cash, keeping only her haversack, clothes and armor, two of four rings, and the rod of empowerment. "This is a personal donation of twentyeight thousand five hundred gold and a state gift of one thousand gold, the water clock, to your charitable or heroic efforts. Please keep the generosity of the Shining Empire of the East in mind the next time you work to pass judgment on its servants." she offered a smile to their host, sarcasm dissipating, wondering if she should ask her for tea.
    "Oh... sorry, wait a moment please." Cog turned back around, grabbing her teapot and leaves and putting them back in her sack as the conversations continued. "OK. I'm ready to go." she responds amicably to any communication from her host, it doubling as an indirect unwillingness to take her possessions back if they had been offered.

(Edit: Character sheet's equipment section updated, lowered the donation amount somewhat (if ok) as I'd forgotten about her armor (5,1k) and ring of sustenance (2,5k) and feather fall (2,2k).)
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-03-09 at 03:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Twin slowly comes out of the deadly focus in the heat of battle and pays attention to the lady that's appeared.

He turns and holds his axe out in front of him and attempts to discern as to what is going on.

Arcana
    (1d20+7)[8]
    Spellcraft
    (1d20+9)[10]

He then shouts at the woman, cautious as to her possibly being a powerful witch or sorceress.

Right, I don't know who you are, but I want to know why you set that illusion of a demon upon us and why it managed to hurt us if it was just an illusion!
    My extended signature.
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

The halfling smiles as she moves further into the sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillivane
    "I am glad that your experiment yielded results. Let us not repeat it, shall we? May I presume that you are Jureln Blackwood?"
    "Indeed I am." she says quite comfortably as she folds her arms.
    Turning she regards the warforged with a mix of surprise and delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper
    "Greetings, citizen. Be warned, but not alarmed: there is an evil, invisible demon in the vicinity. Are you evil as well?"
    Pointedly ignoring Peacekeepers questions she walks around him as if looking at something quite remarkable, as if he was a rare artifact.

"Quite remarkable! I was not told you were in possession of such a device! Oh, how my colleagues would cringe if I showed up to the next council with one such as this as my personal bodyguard!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cognette
    "This is a personal donation of twentyeight thousand five hundred gold and a state gift of one thousand gold, the water clock, to your charitable or heroic efforts. Please keep the generosity of the Shining Empire of the East in mind the next time you work to pass judgment on its servants."
    She stops short and turns her head to see the measly 'donation', "Dear, I don't need such trinkets thrown at my chambers floor, pick it up or lose it."

Quote Originally Posted by Twin
    Right, I don't know who you are, but I want to know why you set that illusion of a demon upon us and why it managed to hurt us if it was just an illusion!
    Her head turns again, "My we are full of questions aren't we?" she pointedly looks to Jessiah as if asking him if he had any questions. "Indeed, This chamber is a powerful artifact created by myself and few others of my ability. I wouldn't bore you with an explanation of how it works exactly as I'm sure you wouldn't comprehend the genius behind it, but needless to say it can conjure anything the mind desires and make it real." She walks over to the metal of the small sphere and strokes it as if thinking back to past times. She stops and turns to regard the whole group.

"So. What exactly are you needing from me?" she points to herself in a melodramatic way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh I see, enough money to feed and shelter a-a few hundred people for long enough for them to fend for themselves is a triviality to you... I suppose you were either born with a rod of power in your mouth or have grown so mighty you think it's all right to ignore the suffering of the weak as long as you're protecting them!
    And it's not all right to ambush your guests either...
    I shall sell these items and distribute the charitable donations myself then at the nearest locations."
    Cognette packs her items back up.

The mage could perhaps be overly self-centered at times, but as the burning sensation of embarassment subsided the wizard's other words slowly caught up with her.
    "What, no - He's a person too, so treat him like it!" she shouts at the wizard as she objectifies the warforged.

As the wizard got to questioning them for what they wanted Vilac glanced at Silverstaff. All she could give were the very general details but she kind of looked forward to seeing the barrows down at the sea again.
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-03-11 at 11:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Gillivane gives Cognette a look that might seem vaguely reproachfull. You did not shout at a mage in his own tower. Baator, you especially did not shout at him in the middle of a chamber where he could allegedly manifest everything his mind could dream up. "If I had to hazzard a guess at the means of this chamber, I'd say that it works on the same principle as a conjuration of umbral matter, though on a far more powerfull, but stationary basis. Perhaps coupled with a portal to the plane of shadows for the transportation of the semireal matter? Truly impressive.

As for what we need, we would like to request your assistance in a matter of transportation. We need to get to the city of Greanlaele, and I lack the necessary teleportation points to transport us there. We also lack the time to reach this place by non-teleportation means. Your relative, Peuncia Blackwood, referred us to you.

And yes, Peacekeeper is not a mere Golem, but appears to have an, although inexperienced, mind of his own."

If that chamber really was what she claimed to be, it stood to reason that she had no need for the gold Cognette offered, for which reason she did that Gillivane was not entirely sure. The ability to create any environment or creature at will was quite astounding. On the other hand, she wondered, why would anyone create such a thing? You were not able to produce anything you had not studied before, and most likely, nothing in here was usable on the outside. Entertainment? Surely not. Testing of other magic? But what if the magic of the chamber came into conflict with it, tests would have to be verified anyway. A soft clicking noise brought her out of her thoughts. Oh, right.. With a short word, she ended the summoning, and the celestial bettle, which had spent the last moments staring dumbfoundedly at the walls, vanished.

[What Gillivane states is that this artifact more or less creates are more powerfull version of the spell "Greater Shadow Conjuration"
    Standart action: End "Summon Monster V"]
    Last edited by Mystral; 2012-03-12 at 07:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper's circuits race to compute the mage's lack of a response to its question. Anyone with a telepathic link with Peacekeeper hears the processing translated from its raw code into Common: Query submitted; awaiting response...waiting...response does not match query. Lack of response /= TRUE, and TRUE /= FALSE, ergo lack of response == FALSE via transitive logic. Subject identified as not evil; information logged for future use.

The menacing construct gently raises a hand to silence the protest of its friends. "Now, now," the machine clucks and wags a finger, "Ms. Blackwood's initial assessment was quite accurate. Peacekeeper is not a person, but a living construct. Additionally, many units from Peacekeeper's forge were tasked with individual guardianship as a primary objective." The unit nods slightly to Jureln, but then furrows its brow and asks its companions, "On a related note, why do you use masculine pronouns to describe Peacekeeper? This unit, like all warforged, is genderless."
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2012-03-12 at 11:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Jessiah

After identifying herself to be indeed that mage that they were looking for, Jessiah lowers his weapons, but does not holster them; it is not his nature to be trusting. But this is not to say this is not of an improvement for him. A year ago he would have shot the lady as she came in. He just stands there and lets the others speak for their group.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Twin also lowers his axe, keeping it out, but says nothing.
    My extended signature.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post
    "Peacekeeper is not a person, but a living construct."
    "As Miss Silverstaff points out a person is also defined as any sufficiently sentient being... though the boundary is multiferous and indistinct." she added hastily, mentally adjusting that she was talking to a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG PONIES View Post
    "On a related note, why do you use masculine pronouns to describe Peacekeeper? This unit, like all warforged, is genderless."
    "You seem to be a man to me... psychologically." her voice lowered she continued the personal conversation. "If you were to design a satellite unit with another sentient to complement your programming would you choose an archetypical male or female personality as co-designer?"

"Or perhaps I am wrong regardless of either answer or a third alternative, but it is comforting and stable for me to organize the universe in familiar terms." she smiled at the machine again. "Or maybe it's because you're big and scary, like those gladiators we saw at the arena." she adds with a grin.
    Last edited by Mellhurst; 2012-03-20 at 05:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

The little but obviously powerful halfling watched with approval as Gillivane dismissed her summoned creature.

"Quite remarkable! I am truly grateful for this...chance to meet...you?" she says , almost towards Peacekeeper but not quite.

She turns to Gillivane, again ignoring the prattling of Cognette, with a genuine smile on her face "You have a handle on the truth my dear! I wonder to meet someone who is familiar with the mechanics of my work! Truly to meet such a pair together within one day! Peuncia was right to bring you to me, oh how I do owe her!"

Moving towards Gillivane she waves her hand strangely in the air and the small sphere which could barely hold the lot of you changes suddenly into an airy countryside underneath the shade of a great Elm next to a bubbling brook. The change was almost instantaneous and so thorough your senses are completely deceived.

"This is indeed an Umbral generator, the metal of the sphere is a conductor for shadow energies from the very plane itself, it conjures in much the same fashion as Shades but at an exponentially more powerful fashion, everything and anything is capable to exist here but alas, it is restricted to this area." she starts with her characteristic smile but ends with a slightly down grimace, as if she was trying to correct the matter.

"So! Peuncia sent you! I have indeed talked with her, she had the foresight to forewarn me, ah she will make a good Maester Arcana one day! So, down to business?" she asks as she sits down waving her hand again several blankets materialize on the ground in the shade along with several stools, even one suited to hold the hefty bulk of Peacekeeper. She eyes the warforged with a sly grin and continues "I do indeed have the power to grant you such a thing, I know of a portal that will take your there within moments. But as most things, I am in need of some services." she stops and looks at everyone, making a point to look you in the eye.

"A Beholder by the name Cha'raz the Deceiver has taken up residence, and while I am formidable in the art of the arcane, a Beholder poses a....serious threat that would be....hard to deal with." she takes a moment to find the appropriate words and watches your reaction as she tells you her price "If you would kill it I would be grateful, and would whisk you away to this place of yours, and of course anything the creature has massed would be yours to loot."

She stops and looks to you all awaiting a response or answer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sounds like fun."

29. - Top - End - #119

Peacekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Mellhurst View Post
    Or maybe it's because you're big and scary, like those gladiators we saw at the arena."
    The warforged frowns a bit at Cognette's suggestion, true as it was. Peacekeeper didn't know what made it look so frightening to the softies; plenty of friendly units from Peacekeeper's forge had more spikes than it did, and others had faceplate modifications that left them permanently scowling. Peacekeeper was one of the most aesthetically neutral units forged.

To comfort itself, the unit tries to think on Cognette's previous question about crafting a satellite unit. However, it struggles to grasp the concept. Its circuits switch to subjective reasoning mode, causing the unit to think much like any other human: Why would Peacekeeper want to create another warforged? And why would the gender assignment of a co-producer matter? Peacekeeper would simply select the most efficient unit to assist in the construction. Peacekeeper must think more on this later.

Peacekeeper listens to the halfling's offer patiently before raising a massive arm. "Peacekeeper has a question," it asks innocently, "is this beholder evil?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Jessiah

Jesse still keeps silent as the halfling tells about her part of the agreement to send them to the port town, not taking his eyes off her. When the spherical room changes into another scene, he could not help but be amazed at the level of magicks that this little old halfling lady could do. In his whole life he has only seen one other mage capable of such magicks, and that meeting almost cost him his life.

He steps near a low shrub and touches the leaves, feeling them between his fingers, closing his eyes to see if they still felt real without looking at them, and they did. Indeed such powerful magicks, to be able to almost create something out of nothing. He looks at the surrounding hillside, trying to memorize the scene, especially the important looking markers.