New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1446
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIII: REVOLUTION!

Ilphy's Office - Cin

The professor nods and takes a seat, setting his binder on his lap as he does so. "I am. I have several decades of medical experience under my belt, even if I've never really taken the Oath." Cin admits before tapping on the binder. "In here are some details about my latest couple works if you wish to review my expertise in the matter."

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ilpholin's Office - Cyrus

Cyrus responds with a denying nod.

"No thank you, I prefer to do my own hunting. The taste of personal fear is a wonderful delicacy."

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

"Very well. Give me something to do while you fill out the form." Ilpholin says, holding out her hand for the binder to review Cin's work.

"Noted." She glances at the paper again ever so briefly. "Boredom is a dangerous motivator. What about this place interests you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

The entrance opens again, until members don't have some kind of device. Entering does a person, which appearance is different to his last visit.Someone looking at hi may notice the bag on his side, which belongs to Zefir. The person is remarkable bigger in height. And seems to have more muscles. In one hand he holds a spear some people may notice. This spear is from Prometheus, well was. (Not sure if he used it in the Leader fight). The hand holding it is covered with red scales. head and body are covered under a strange looking cape.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

"I believe you should likely read it before I sign anything yet. My methods in some manners could possibly be too much for some people."
    He explains as he passes over the binder. "Even in a place like this." Inside the binder are the notes on the first two "Subjects" he's had. The first was a Troll on Trog's Second Story, and the second is a Werewolf in Riverside. Both sets of notes are extensive with photographs and detailed sketches. "Obviously this wouldn't be done to any unwilling AMENite, but I would like to look over them with less invasive and non-threatening methods to establish their health baseline."

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cyrus can't help but allow his grin to resurface.

"Well, I must do something with my time! I suppose I could just perpetrate horrible acts of evil on my lonesome, but that somehow lacks the same charm."

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

Ilpholin looks over the reports, but doesn't find them particularly disturbing.

"And why, exactly, are you interested in AMEN's health?"

"I suppose." Ilpholin says. More fun with a group.

"You mentioned a legion of demons and undead. Do they come from one of the dimensions you've indicated or somewhere else?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

"If I am to be honest, I'd have to say because once someone reaches my age, they need to find things to keep themselves busy, or they go mad from boredom."
    Odd, he only looks to be early 30s at the most. "My initial interest was in helping Shayan with her work, but if I am to do so for a longer period of time, I believe it'd be in everyone's interests if I helped more than in just that manner. In return, it might provide the benefits of allowing us to procure more medical equipment than we'd initially be able to."

9. - Top - End - #1329

Outside Ilpholin's Office

Knock knock knock.

Why, who could that be tapping at the door? A long-forgotten feline figure finally freed from being frozen forever in deadtime slime?

Why, yes, it is indeed.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-01 at 05:29 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Ilpholin's Office

I tried to match the impressive alliteration in this post, but I just can't. @.@

Instead the door opens for the feline form.

"Come in, take a seat."

[Ilph's Office - Cin]

Boredom again. That dangerous motive.
    "Ah yes. Tell me a bit more about how you and Shayan met. I heard you went to dinner together?"

((deadtime for a few hours))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

Cin nods and goes into detail, telling about how he and Shayan met in the hospital and what his current project at the time was(now complete even though he hasn't had time to test out the extent of his new abilities). He even goes into detail about what they discussed, but he leaves out that they're now in something of a relationship. Ilpholin didn't need to know that, did she?

12. - Top - End - #1332

Ilpholin's Office

"Uh, thanks. So, I.. The henchmen said you'd taken over, so I thought I'd, you know, check in."

If there's a chair or something set out for the people being interviewed (interviewees?) the Cat Burglar will take a seat, otherwise, well he'll just stand around nervously. And awkwardly. Pretty much everything he does is done awkwardly.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-01 at 06:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cyrus ponders how to explain for a moment.

"Strictly speaking... both. The blueprints, the raw forms of each type of creature I wield, are taken from planes near and far, across the Multiverse. However, calling me a summoner isn't strictly true either. I do not summon creatures so much as weave them. The five basic elements of magic flow through the land and the minds of men, and I can draw upon the passion and speed of fire as easily as the enervation of death. There are limits to what I can safely channel at any given moment, but I do not summon my armies from elsewhere so much as I reweave the fabric of reality into them."

He takes a breath after that lengthy explanation.

"This is also the reason why I prefer relatively single-minded creatures such as the Undead and the less intelligent variety of Demon: They more purely represent an idea, and thus I can more completely form them without being forced to leave out the ideas that I cannot channel."

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilphy's Office - Cin

Her player hasn't been watching Shayan and Cin that closely, so doesn't know how they met in the hospital beyond Shayan looking for volunteers, nor what Cin's latest project is, nor what they discussed. So will probably need a run down.

Curiously enough, their relationship is the one thing he does know about, and Ilpholin suspects. Shayan wasn't particularly subtle in that regards. But isn't horribly concerned about it either way.

Ilpholin's Office - Cat Burglar

"Out of the building when the annoucement was made, huh? Well, at least you're here now. And... who are you?" Ilpholin asks. There are indeed, two chairs in the room other than the one Ilpholin's sitting at.

"Ahhh... and once weaved together, do you have to continue channeling to maintain this army or does it become its own separate entity?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #1335

Ilpholin's Office- Cat Burglar

"I'm, uh, the Cat Burglar." Come to think of it, considering he's been gone for so long a description is probably in order.

The Cat Burglar is skinny as a rake, with shortish black hair and bright green eyes that contrast sharply with the silly little half-mask he wears. His outfit is something a small time villain out of an old Batman serial might wear, black jacket and pants with a purple sash tied round the waist and similarly colored gloves, a fedora with fake cat ears poking out the top sitting on his head. In short, not someone who evokes an air of danger in the least.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office - Cin

In that case, Cin goes into detail about how he'd taken to working at a Riverside hospital, helping out while furthering his own studies. Things were slow, but the day before, he'd gotten a patient who claimed to be a Force User and wished to get rid of her affliction before she got conscripted and mind-controlled into being a so-called "Apprentice". After taking a sample, he bumped into Shayan in the hallway, where she asked him a few details about her project. After some talk, the two decided to get some dinner while going into further detail and comparing notes.

After her scan, they returned to her Lab in AMEN where Shayan performed an open surgery on his arm to watch the process of him absorbing/mimicking the ability of the force user.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh-huuuuuuh..." Ilpholin says, wondering if this is a potential member or just a prank one of the Moffs sic'd on her.

"Well. At least you fit to the theme." Her eyes looking at the ridiculous ears on his head. "Are you an old member or a henchman looking for a paycheck?"

Ilpholin's Office - Cin

"Hmm... so your projects consist largely of cutting people open and absorbing powers then?" Seems pretty 3 for 3 so far.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1338

Ilpholin's Office

Not sure what amount of technical knowledge Ilpholin's has, but she might be able to discern that the cat ears serve as amplifiers of sorts. Good for listening through doors, cracking safes, etc.

"No no, I'm a member. I signed up." The Cat Burglar hastily clarifies, having seen first hand the kind of crazy awful stuff that happens to henchmen around here. "So, um... Yeah. I guess I'm not really sure what's going on around here at the moment. I had some plans before, but they relied on Gordon's help and... Yeah."

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably would be able to tell they're different. Couldn't tell how. Might be cameras for all she knows. Or automated weapons. *peeeeers at the ever so clearly hostile assassination attempt*

"Well, we might still be able to help. What plans were those?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1340

Ilpholin's Office

"I was going to plant little cameras and microphones and stuff like that at WATCH and HALO so we could keep an eye on them. I, uh, tried using disguises to get in but that didn't work." Mostly 'cause his disguises were awful.

"So then I talked to Gordon and he said he could cause a distraction so I could sneak in, something involving sheep and catapults, but that never panned out." The burglar shrugs. Honestly he's pretty glad that plan didn't go through, it sounded like an absolute disaster waiting to happen. "I had another plan for HALO, but I was waiting for them to forget about my last attempt before I tried it."

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well.... actually it did. We have quite a few livestock catapults." Or rather livestock catapult bombs. "I guess he just didn't get a chance to implement the idea."

Maybe for the best really.

"But I do like the core idea. What's your new plan?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilphy's Office - Iteration Unknown]

Wow! Ilpholin sure has become a trendy, popular demon-drow ever since she laid claim to AMEN as her own turf! So much so that I've completely lost track of precisely how many plotclones of her exist at the point in time that I am gleefully typing up this post!

Well, now might be an opportune time for the creation of yet another as a light yet purposeful rap-tappity-tap sounds against her chamber door.

Hmm... I wonder who that might be?

23. - Top - End - #1343

Ilpholin's Office

"For WATCHTOWER? Just keep and eye on things and wait for them to be distracted, I guess. As for HALO, they've got these weird little... robot-things called DRDs." Robotics is pretty clearly not the Cat Burglar's speciality. "I figured I'd try to join, steal a few of them, see if I can't have them reprogrammed to plant the bugs for me?"

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not bad, not bad at all. Just make sure the DRDs don't reverse spy on us. So, probably take them to a different location than here to work on them. Maybe the Magcave. And if you want an active distraction for Watchtower, I think I have just the idea. If you'd prefer to wait and pull it off yourself, I'll understand."

After all, her idea can be boiled down to one word really.
    Moffs.

"Either way, you need to fill out this form." Ilpholin says, pushing a form over to Cat Burglar.

[Ilpholin's Office - Unknown]

The door opens of its own accord. Ilpholin sits behind the desk, waiting for the next interviewee. "Come in. Take a seat."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

((Sorry to make you wait! I missed your post.))

"Not quite either of those things. They can go a few days on their own before Entropy causes them to collapse in upon themselves. I can give them a boost if they need to last longer, though."

26. - Top - End - #1346

Ilpholin's Office

"If it's not too much trouble, then yeah, it would make things lots easier if you could arrange something." Otherwise, 'waiting for WATCH to be distracted' could very well mean trying to sneak around and plant surveillance devices in the middle of an apocalypse.

"Umm.... For this 'references' part?" He points out the part of the form in question. "What if most of my 'victims' don't know it was me?" Problem with being a thief is, it's damn near impossible to take credit for any of your successful jobs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: The Cat Burglar
    Sex: Male
    Species: Human
    Profession: Thief, burglar, saboteur
    Reason for joining AMEN: Well, being a supervillain's always been an aspiration of mine and this is the place for supervillains, so I thought I should join.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I'm one of the best better thieves out there, I have all sorts of contacts in the underworld and I guess I'm pretty good with cats, if that could come in handy.
    References (Victims preferred):
    Past Experience: I've been stealing for about eight years, worked with a crew of bank-robbers for two of those.
    Other Information:
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-03 at 01:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Unknown]

The door opens of its own accord? Cool! The Hatteress needs to remind herself to pick up one of those doors at a local vendor and install it should she ever need to call a dramatic meeting to order in her personal chambers.

The Hatteress, clad in fine red and black patterned body armor that obscures all but her most feminine of features (a predominately black set of plate armor with flashes of red to spice up and offset the black interspersed here and there) strides proudly into the office.

Her armor, for better reference, closely resembles or, at the very least, is in the same vein as the following showy uniform on the right hand side of this image.

Spoiler
    Show

She'll march up to approximately three paces in front of Ilpholin's desk and, feet spread apart shoulder-distance, her open left hand deftly thrust and fixed behind the small of her back, and her other hand, clenched as it is in an unyielding fist, sharply raised at a perpendicular angle to the rest of her body, present her with a most disciplined and respectful salute.

Of course, as is her standard military courtesy, she won't drop the salute until Ilpholin gives the go ahead, seeing as she is the big boss and all.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-06-03 at 01:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

No worries.
    "Noted."

She's pretty much asked all she can think to right now.
    "Now, I have a particular mission for you where your artifice might come in handy. Recently a hobbit by the name of Marciano hired AMEN to help him build a soul machine. For some reason or another, he's utterly convinced his fortress is better protected than AMEN to withstand an assault by Watch or HALO or whomever. I want you to go and help him build this machine. When the good guys do show up, I want you to observe the defenses he has and, if it all possible, steal the tech or designs behind them for AMEN."

"Presuming, of course, it's actually of any value and isn't just bluster. Do you think you can handle it?"

Ilpholin's Office - Cat

"Hmm... well do you have any mementos from your robberies? Something famous perhaps that got in the newspapers?" That'd probably be just as good as talking to any victims.

[Ilpholin's Office - Hatteress]

"Err... at ease. What can I help you with?" Ilpholin says. Hadn't been saluted before.
    At least, not like that anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Hatteress]

It is quite an uncommon practice to render a hand salute to anyone in AMEN, no?

The Hatteress drops her salute and takes a seat as she was invited to when Ilphy first answered her knocking. And so she begins to speak, her hands neatly folded across her lap as she adjusts her sightlines so that the areas where her eyes would be were she not wearing a helmet attempt to meet Ilphy's own eyes.

"I was informed, mere minutes ago, that you required that the membership of AMEN profess their allegiance to the new leadership through interviews. Would it be convenient if we handled that formality posthaste?"

30. - Top - End - #1350

Ilpholin's Office

"Well, I sold most of the really valuable stuff." Surprisingly, given his dreams of being a proper supervillan, the Cat Burglar's never really been one to collect trophies.

"I guess I do have one memento, sort of. Uh, I'll be right back." And then unless Ilpholin decides to stop him, the Cat Burglar will dash out the door real quick to retrieve something!