New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXX: Must be Summoner Level 18 to View

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    AARRRRGGGG!!!!

Having to start over from the deepest pits of elo hell, without any of my champions SUCK SO MUCH!!!!
    ...Wait, what? You get a ton of IP on the way from level 1 to 30, unless you only play 6300 champions you should be able to buy your champs back by the time you can actually play ranked and have an elo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    ...Wait, what? You get a ton of IP on the way from level 1 to 30, unless you only play 6300 champions you should be able to buy your champs back by the time you can actually play ranked and have an elo.
    He's Level 6.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Not only that, but even buying cheap champions you're not likely to have much more than enough for two generic tier 3 rune pages and a roster of about 20 champs if most of your champs are in the 1300 range, assuming EXP and IP gains are about the same.
    You rang?

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    Also, you have an Elo at every stage of the game, in Normals (not sure if TT and SR are split), Dominion and Ranked (SR and TT). 4, maybe 5 different Elos, never mind Ranked Teams, and you have all the non-Ranked ones from level 1 (well, technically, you have Ranked Elos at level 1 as well, but they're a little pointless).

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Big Daddy is coming.

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone else find it amusing that Annie is the only other champ shown in Nautilus's images? Better install this custom skin to play along with the theme.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2012-02-10 at 10:06 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Big Daddy is coming.

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone else find it amusing that Annie is the only other champ shown in Nautilus's images? Better install this custom skin to play along with the theme.
    I was just about to say, if there isn't a "Drill Hand" armed skin of him, I am disappoint.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Not only that, but even buying cheap champions you're not likely to have much more than enough for two generic tier 3 rune pages and a roster of about 20 champs if most of your champs are in the 1300 range, assuming EXP and IP gains are about the same.
    Best runepages for everything:
    Mpen/Armor/Ability Power per level/Ability Power
    Armor Pen Attack Damage/Armor/Magic Resist/Attack Damage

Will work for everything except Ryze, Akali and other hipster champs
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-02-10 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Best runepages for everything:
    Mpen/Armor/Ability Power per level/Ability Power
    Armor Pen Attack Damage/Armor/Magic Resist/Attack Damage

Will work for everything except Ryze, Akali and other hipster champs
    Total cost: 20910 IP

You hipster, AD reds are odd. 19065 IP then
    That'll work for Akali. You'll still get both passives at level 1 with offensive masteries, AD reds, AP quints, AP/level blues.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-02-10 at 10:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    But they work on every champion... that you will not buy because you spent everything on runes.

It's still better than poor old me who bought them stupid health quints and then regretted it because after a whole load of games and runes later I realized there is only one or two champions I'd prefer them on instead of AD, AP, Armor Pen etc. (still pretty good on tanky DPS in top lane, Teemo and certain mid laners)

(Also, your Rammus [labeled Q_Q] page loses out on cost-effectiveness; mine is Arpen reds, Armor yellows, Magic resist/lvl blues and Armor quints, and yours switches Armor and Arpen together, making me have 4 Armor more and 5 more Arpen)

(stalky stalky stalky)
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-02-10 at 10:35 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

But they work on every champion... that you will not buy because you spent everything on runes.

It's still better than poor old me who bought them stupid health quints and then regretted it because after a whole load of games and runes later I realized there is only one or two champions I'd prefer them on instead of AD, AP, Armor Pen etc. (still pretty good on tanky DPS in top lane, Teemo and certain mid laners)

(Also, your Rammus [labeled Q_Q] page loses out on cost-effectiveness; mine is Arpen reds, Armor yellows, Magic resist/lvl blues and Armor quints, and yours switches Armor and Arpen together, making me have 4 Armor more and 5 more Arpen)

(stalky stalky stalky)
    I know that. I've procrastinated on armor quints, guess those will be part of my 9k IP lying around. I haven't played Rammus or Amumu for AGES though, so it hasn't been a priority.

Also, 20k IP is pretty easy to get from 1-30. You need to play around 240 games according to most people, which is worth around 31200 IP (assuming an average of 80 IP/game and 3 games per day, one of which is a win)
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-02-10 at 10:44 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

I know that. I've procrastinated on armor quints, guess those will be part of my 9k IP lying around. I haven't played Rammus or Amumu for AGES though, so it hasn't been a priority.
    You ever play Nasus? They're worthwhile on him in certain matchups.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You ever play Nasus? They're worthwhile on him in certain matchups.
    Against Garen, Riven, and possibly GP/Wukong, yes. I don't think I have a dedicated Nasus page.
    I could make a dedicated armor page for laughs though. Start game as Nasus with 77 armor np

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Against Garen, Riven, and possibly GP/Wukong, yes. I don't think I have a dedicated Nasus page.
    I could make a dedicated armor page for laughs though. Start game as Nasus with 77 armor np
    Actually I think 15 arpen/choice blues/25 armor is a pretty solid runepage on most bruisers against matchups you listed, even say, Riven.

Hell, there is a high ELO solo top Poppy player on NA whose name escapes me that goes Magic Pen/Armor/Armor/Armor for appropriate matchups.
    Last edited by Winthur; 2012-02-10 at 11:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Was bored. Went to LoL forum. Found this. Is Impressed.

(Now I'm off to find a cure to why I suddenly can't refer to myself properly.)
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hope its not obnoxious that every time I come in here I am asking for help on playing another champ.

Anyways, I want to get good with Jarvan, but I have heard that he has been nerfed into nigh uselessness, is this true? If not, how should I play/build him?
    Awesome Avvy courtesy of Beholder1995

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

You hipster, AD reds are odd. 19065 IP then
    That'll work for Akali. You'll still get both passives at level 1 with offensive masteries, AD reds, AP quints, AP/level blues.
    The runes will work. If you don't want to have to reset them every time you want to play Akali/stop playing Akali, tho, you need another runepage to host that particular bizarre mix that no other champ wants. Which is another 6300 IP or a hefty amount of RP to buy the whole set.

(Also, since we're talking about generic runepages to use on most champs before you have enough pages/free IP to really specialize.. Mpen/Armor/AP/AP does in fact work just fine on Ryze.)

17. - Top - End - #197

So, it seems that FoN and potions no longer appear on the Healing Done stat. Interesting.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Patch Preview video up. Shen buff, Sona, Soraka, Vlad nerfed.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    So, it seems that FoN and potions no longer appear on the Healing Done stat. Interesting.
    Good, because that was goofy. Imo potions should be sharable.

@Stone: unless he's taken a huge hit in the week since I quit Jarvan is still a very good champion and well worth your time. Build him like a generic tanky deeps, because he is a generic tanky deeps. Remember you can push R again to break the wall for your ult if you flub it (IE: you jump on fiddles moments after he crowstorms onto your squishies, you jump on morgana right as she flashes into your team and ults, etc.).

Or, you could just play trundle instead who is so much more fun and amusing and has the best laugh in the game and nobody knows how to counter him because he's so unpopular. (IMO he's cuter than most of the yordles.)

Oh and nobody minds that you come in asking for help. We were all there once.
    Last edited by tribble; 2012-02-11 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Heart View Post
    I hope its not obnoxious that every time I come in here I am asking for help on playing another champ.

Anyways, I want to get good with Jarvan, but I have heard that he has been nerfed into nigh uselessness, is this true? If not, how should I play/build him?
    Nonsense! I come in here asking for champ builds all the time! But I know nothing of Jarvin, so can't help you.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Patch Preview video up. Shen buff, Sona, Soraka, Vlad nerfed.
    Shen buff, Sona and Soraka nerf? That's a good time to reuse this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Big Daddy is coming.

Spoiler
    Show

Actually no, do not download this, or at least I suggest you don't. The coding for the download is wonkity, and the Annie model is moving and shifting in places it shouldn't. However, the only saving grace of this skin is you do get to summon a big daddy, but I wouldn't suggest it.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

To the suggestions of potions being sharable: I don't like the idea just because it makes 0 CS support babysitting bot a much better plan, since now bot can spend spare money on wards and potions, which act as stopgap babysitting for kill lanes and extra babysitting for babysitter lanes. I don't see potion sharing being used for anything except making the carry have more gold while the support buys more consumables, so I don't really think it would be a good change.
    You rang?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Heart View Post

Jarvan's nerfs were actually less than people thought. They came amidst a meta shift top lane (emergence of stronger laners, especially Udyr, Riven, AD Nidalee), and his jungle has always been mid-tier. Also, I suspect the gp5 nerf hurt him a bit, since that was his strategy for a while (stack 3 HoG and Philo with boots).
    Now, he's a decent top laner, though he generally loses to the strong top lanes. He's reasonably safe, between the long dash and Dragon Strike farming.
    As a jungler, he's pretty good speed and ganks fairly well, so I've been playing him as such.
    Generic AD page works well. Arpen reds, AD quints, armor reds, Mres/level blues. Arpen has special synergy due to Dragon Strike armor reduction, which is applied BEFORE pen.
    I run 21/9/0 in jungle, for speed. As top lane, 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 (for mana) work, since Jarvan has some mana problems. You could certainly mix out a lot of the offensive mastery, 0/21/9 or 9/14/7 also might work.
    In jungle, you generally need Wriggles to maintain clear speed. This also works top lane, if you have a particularly aggressive opponent dealing physical damage. Often though, it's better to try and open top with Philo/HoG (you can get HoG in jungle as well. Philo... is harder to justify).

Level order is usually R>Q>E>W in lane, R>E>Q>W in jungle. Alternatively, consider exchanging the deprioritized skill (Q and E, respectively) with W, for increased tankiness and CC, though you lose a it of burst. I've been doing that as of late, since reduced Q cooldown isn't that appealing when it doesn't let you knockup, and the extra slow and tankiness are useful.

After wriggles and GP5, you generally want to get tankier, and get AD. Phage is GREAT for this, as it gives you more CC, more damage, and more tankiness. Optimally, it becomes a Trinity Force later, though that can wait a while.

Merc Treads are the only boots you need.

Atmogs, if you can swing it, is great, but expensive as hell. Jarvan used to be able to get it with gp5 stack and top lane farm, but i's no longer as easy. If the game goes late, or you're fed, or you went top lane and have Philo/HoG, it's a solid option. You can work towards this most of the time, as long as you're not too behind.
    Otherwise... you probably want to get defenses. Aegis is great if no one is getting it, and you can then upgrade you HoG or get a FoN, depending on your defensive needs. (That is, boots/HoG/Wriggles or Philo/Phage/Aegis?/FoN).
    This leaves you with a neat upgrade path to finished Trinity and Randuins (or Locket of the Iron Solari, but I doubt that's a good option somehow). If your team has an Aegis, feel free to work on your other defensive items, but you'll be a bit lacking in health (this is why I like working towards atmogs. You'll have like 2600 hp with Boots/HoG/Wriggles/Trinity at 18). I haven't looked into it, since it's new, but Zeke's Herald might be a good alternative to Aegis. Carrying Auras is always fun, and it now gives you health (Yay) CDR (more knockups and slows), and means you are handing out 42% AS to your team with Demacian Standard down, which is solid.
    Flash is generally a great option, with ghost being a situational alternative. Other summoner should be Teleport, Smite, Exhaust, or Ignite. (in that order of preference, in my mind. Smite for jungle only, obviously).

Get down the flag combo. You need to do it fast, and accurately. It's your escape, your chase, your CC, and your burst. Everything you do is reliant on being able to use it and land it. Also, try and get down the positioning of the combo for maximizing damage while jumping into jungle camps, if you plan to jungle. It's good practice anyways. There's about a quarter-second delay, so plan for that when leading flags.

Remember to break Cataclym by reactivating it if it's inconvenient.
    For max-range initiation, flag combo into Cataclym (with optional flash) is about 1500 range, which lets you catch pretty much anything. However, you won't have anything to work with once you get there, so make sure that's what you want to do. Generally, you want to delay Cataclysm unless you know your target doesn't have flash, to get the full 3.5s of locking on your opponent. Learn which opponents have easy escapes from Cataclysm though. All blinks and dashes can get out, including Riven's Valor and Vayne's Tumble.
    Generally, Cataclysm is useful in certain circumstances. It's almost always good for getting flashes to be blown.
    Bursting down a target (it does comparable damage to Dragon's Rage early, though it scales damage REALLY poorly. 125/level? Really poor for a single-target ult).
    Blocking off a choke/dividing combat. Some areas, like paths into river, can be completely locked off by Cataclym. This lets you divide fights in those areas, and forces a fair number of opponents out of a fight. This works to a lesser extent in areas without chokes, when your opponents are together. You can also lock multiple opponents into Cataclysm, which has a similar effect.
    Ganking/Locking down one target. Make sure they don't have an escape, or this is useless, but you can lock down targets that want to kite or escape you and pound on them. Obviously great for ganks on champions with flash down.
    Escaping. If your opponenet doesn't have a dash, or used it trying to kill you, you can Cataclysm and get out with flag combo. This can keep your opponent in place long enough to escape. Consider this for "leapfrogging" an intercepting opponent, if you're overextended, and haven't needed to flag combo yet.
    Generic gap closer. Rarely is this ALL you need it for, but sometimes you just need to get to your target's position.

Drop flag for taking objectives, if they aren't being contested (i.e. you're not worried about needing it). Learn the locations you can get over walls (i.e. pretty much all of them). Drop flag for checking bushes (mini ward!). Drop flag for blocking skillshots. Yes, it blocks Dark Binding. I need to test if it blocks Rocket Grab. It acts as a ward for teleporting to, and targetting with other abilities (Safeguard, Shunpo, etc). Use it to last hit, if you need to.
    Golden Shield is really obvious. Use it with as many enemies in range, as often as possible, or as you need the slow. Don't use if when jungling, unless you have too much mana and too little health. It's not sustainable. You may want to learn the range, but it's generally intuitive (and ENORMOUS)
    Dragon Strike is solid lane harass on some opponents. It's good against enemies who don't have ridiculous sustain (Wukong, Riven, in particular, and others before they Wriggles). In fights, just hit as many people as you can, especially whoever your AD is hitting. 26% is a fairly solid amount of reduction, especially for AOE. Try to hit Dragon Strike before Cataclysm, the damage amplification is noticeable.
    Passive is similarly intuitive. Use it to help last hit, and spread the autoattacking love on your opponents. It makes your damage look a lot more than it is, chunking targets on its own. Don't spread autoattacks when jungling just because of this, though it's sometimes useful. Practice a bit to figure out when that's useful. Don't smite early.

For ganks, pre-6 you want to get in, autoattack and slow, and reclose with flag combo after flash. Post-6, you want to get in (optionally with flag combo), and use Cataclysm for burst, killing people who blew Flash, and reclosing. Often this isn't possible, due to positioning. In that case, stack Flag with other CC, or open with it. Try to hit a target with the flag (this is why you want to stack it with other CC. It can be 200ish damage if you've been levelling it) Use shield for slow as soon as useful.
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-02-11 at 03:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

So, uh, when is the tournament going to be? Pers'nally I'd consider it a big personal favor if it was between 18:00-24:00 (GMT+2). I was pretty sick earlier this week and playing LoL at 3 am isn't something that will speed up the recover process by any means.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Colossus in the Playground

Holy ****, Shen getting extra energy from Ki Strike and multitaunt Shadow Dash and extra Ki Strike damage? Wow, I haven't been this giddy in a while! Sure, Feint is still useless but this is just awesome. I'll be the first to admit that he's still strong as hell but his lategame is kinda lackluster compared to many other Bruisers (and now, with these changes, it's more than clear that he's a Bruiser not a Tank, though you kinda knew that already what with him having exactly one CC ability). Being able to spam Dash and Blade and scaling Ki Strike harder goes a long way towards helping that. Hell, Frenzy is 15% Bonus HP. About damn time Shen gets a bone too.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-02-11 at 05:09 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Whhhhhhyyyyyy???
    Because i end up in lanes like Kayle and Ammumu vs a Graves and Sona, and thats just not funny

I had similar feelings when I switched to the NA server.

Apart from the 'elo hell' thing.

Oh, and I didn't really care about runes, so only masteries were annoying.
    Unfortunately you can really feel the loss of mp5 runes when you lane a mage, or not having AD runes when trying to lasthit.

As MM mentioned, im level 6 atm, and i cant carry a game with any of the current champions who are free this week, while at the same time being unable to afford one of those im really good with, like Galio
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I have revised, refined and updated my weekend-multiplayer-theory. It now goes like this:

Previous studies have seemed to indicate, that an increased number of useless noobs play during weekends, making it all but impossible to get a functional team from friday afternoon until monday morning.

Deeper analysis of data has revealed that this is only partly true, and that a deeper mechanic is really at fault. I dub the phenomenon 'the socially inept and unskilled player tidal wave effect'.

Basically, the weekend is like any other time of the week - just more. More people online, more games, and so on. In addition, some players who only play rarely because they have little time, mainly play on weekends.

For the purposes of this study, all players were divided into to distinct segments: Skilled/social on one side, and unskilled/antisocial on the other. The divisions are not absolute, but merely approximations used to explain the pattern observed.

What happens is that during weekends, with so many people online, the skilled/social segment are to an increased degree able to find premade and play with friends - more of them being online and available, simply.

Leaving everyone else - 'the socially inept and unskilled player tidal wave' - to play with me. And anyone else foolish enough to risk playing a solo queue random during weekends.

(in case it isn't clear without pointing it out verbatim, the above is kind of an elaborate joke)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    To the suggestions of potions being sharable: I don't like the idea just because it makes 0 CS support babysitting bot a much better plan, since now bot can spend spare money on wards and potions, which act as stopgap babysitting for kill lanes and extra babysitting for babysitter lanes. I don't see potion sharing being used for anything except making the carry have more gold while the support buys more consumables, so I don't really think it would be a good change.
    Hasn't is occasionally been sharable? A few times I bought HP pots and was able to give them to someone in a short radius (well, I never tried, but a radius appeared around me when I used the potion).
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Firbolg in the Playground

That was a bug.

Also Eld: why the Feint hate?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS