New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion Thread IX: Errata is Combo-Ok!

Archer- Most likely Dawn caste with a mix of Melee and Archery charms, with Elegant Dance of the Blade and Bow and Infinite Blade Works Thousand Arms Prana.

Berseker: Slayer, Infernal Monster Style, favoring Isidoros with Malfeas soak charms.

Can't say too much about the others. I really never got into F/S Night.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Golden Destruction Cut for an infinite damage excaliblast, and Heavenly Guardian Defense for her scabbard.

Dark Saber is pretty straightforwardly an Abyssal, as well.

Honestly, with the exception of Caster (who doesn't fit, wtb sorcery errata) and Berserker (who also has Driven Beyond Death bought 13 times), they all fit as Solars. Even golden boy. Especially golden boy.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-03-31 at 09:46 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

So, The Playground has been tinkering with its Essence 9 charms (I assume, to prepare for its Playground Cosmic Principle next thread) and made us all ponies.

In its infinite benevolence, it has deigned to make me a Twilight Sparkle in the Playground. This is a curious choice, as Twilight is not the best pony, but is the gothiest, and therefore, most attractive.

The Playground truly works in mysterious ways. Perhaps I will meditate upon my designation and reach greater enlightenment.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

I activated my perfect mental defense and am ignoring any references to ponies.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

I get to exalt Lunars!
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Jade Dragon: I feel sorry for the burden you have to carry out.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2012-03-31 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    What stage is cuddles and makeouts? These are important things we must schedule time for.
    Stage whenever-I-get-to-England-or-you-get-to-California.

Does anyone know of a functional metagaos charmset?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I'd say Caster fits as a Sidereal. Acting through proxies, setting up battlefield advantages, cheating every rule like there's no tomorrow, getting totally pwn'd by a nonexalted kid when forced into direct confrontation...

Saber is Solar, yes. Gilgamesh is either Solar or has dabbled in Malfeas Charms more than is mentally healthy. Poor Kojiro is a Cataphractoi caught in the middle of all these crazy Exalts, just yearning for a good fight. Lancer is clearly a Lunar - for one, he's Cu Chulainn, who is so very Lunar (between the hound association, the fact that he actually had relentless Lunar Fury in legend, and such) and for another, his life sucks and he only succeeds when he dies, which is prime Lunar material.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    and for another, his life sucks and he only succeeds when he dies, which is prime Lunar material.
    That is not a good thing.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if an Akuma of the Ebon Dragon could find a way to use his anti-mental influence charms to betray his own Urge.

It seems fitting that an Akuma of the Yozi who embodies betrayal could betray the Ebon Dragon.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I wonder if an Akuma of the Ebon Dragon could find a way to use his anti-mental influence charms to betray his own Urge.

It seems fitting that an Akuma of the Yozi who embodies betrayal could betray the Ebon Dragon.
    Mechanically, there is design space for a charm that does that. Akuma, however, lack the initiative to wield such a charm properly; remember that Nemesis Self Imagined Anew doesn't work as well for them.

Lesson: Don't become Akuma, just screw up so that a demon gives you REAL demonic power.
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Actually, I'd say Caster fits as a Sidereal. Acting through proxies, setting up battlefield advantages, cheating every rule like there's no tomorrow, getting totally pwn'd by a nonexalted kid when forced into direct confrontation...
    Hmm, you may be right. The walkaway conclusion from that fight would be, "as a Sidereal, you seriously need to favor Martial Arts. No, really, you do. I'm looking at you, Ayesha."
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

13. - Top - End - #1333

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Can someone give me a bit of help? I can't for the life of me figure out what the sky is supposed to be. The Daystar material seems to imply it just kind of fades out into the Wyld but could also just be referring to the Crusade flying in from all directions, among other things. It would make sense if it was a dome like in Yu-Shan (and Manual: Nocturnals), but I can't find anything that really points in one direction or the other.
    It's a literal, physical object. Malfeas appears to be on the other side of it. No word on what the stars are, though. I'm kind of imagining upside-down lighthouse palaces, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Hmm, you may be right. The walkaway conclusion from that fight would be, "as a Sidereal, you seriously need to favor Martial Arts. No, really, you do. I'm looking at you, Ayesha."
    Caster is pretty clearly a master of Throne Shadow style.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

Victory in Defeat, from broken winged crane. The Infernal can not only explicitly betray his own urge, he regains willpower from doing so.

So yes. Yes they can.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Victory in Defeat, from broken winged crane. The Infernal can not only explicitly betray his own urge, he regains willpower from doing so.

So yes. Yes they can.
    Yes, but that requires someone else to force him to betray it - and its prerequisite is a charm to break mental influence, which he's going to activate as soon as it becomes advantageous to do so.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    No word on what the stars are, though. I'm kind of imagining upside-down lighthouse palaces, though.
    Aren't they made of starmetal and plummet to the earth when a celestial god dies? I think that's in Manual: Sidereals? Not sure, though...

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but that requires someone else to force him to betray it - and its prerequisite is a charm to break mental influence, which he's going to activate as soon as it becomes advantageous to do so.
    It's weird, because from a fluff perspective he should Brooding Resentment it away when he gets the chance, but mechanically there's nothing that can force him to do so and so it is entirely up to the Player or ST whether to ever ditch the UMI based on the needs of the character in the plot or their own twisted whims.

But yes, it does require an outside force to provoke them to betraying everything they hold dear.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Dwarf in the Playground

But to be a true Ebon Dragon loyalist, to be completely subsumed in his will and his nature - the desire to be free, and to betray him, would almost have to be imbedded in the very Urge itself, if the takeover is as complete as it seems.

If you really follow the Ebon Dragon - whether through worship as a cultist, though patronage as a Fiend or Ophidian, or through control as an Akuma - and you don't betray him, you're doing it wrong, after all.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, has anyone used the Maidens of Destiny toward anything cool?

Stuff From My Infernal Game
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been running "preludes," of sorts, with my Infernals players, to cover what the PCs have been doing in the downtime period. So far, I've had a moment in each prelude in which one of the PCs would encounter one of the Five Maidens, and also received an auspicious gift.

• Ormagoden traveled to the Blessed Isle to discover the legacy of his previous incarnation. In his travels, he met musician who traveled with him. When he discovered the history of his past life, she revealed herself as the Maiden of Serenity, told him that he could bring about peace, and gave him a memory crystal. Among other things, the crystal contained his past life's memory of a potent artifact lute, and how he descended into the Labyrinth with it.
    • Among other things, Gene engaged in diplomacy with the Guild. When he finally settled some trade negotiations, the Guild merchants went on to do their business in Plenilune, but an elderly scholar remained behind, and told him that by travelling to Yu-Shan on Calibration, he could ensure that a great deal of knowledge would be preserved. She presented him with a starmetal key that whispers the location of the moving Yu-Shan gate.
    • Suacu heard about the god-forged artifacts given at Kokage's Tournament in the Flaming Arena. Judging the tournament along with Kokage was a woman in an iron mask. When Suacu won the tournament, she personally revealed that a great battle loomed, and gave him a dire lance, along with a few other prizes.

I figure that Yuki's going to meet with the Maiden of Journeys (in the guise of a messenger), and Abbadon with the Maiden of Endings (who will present him with another way of finishing his artifact sword). However, I'm not sure what to give Yuki in this case.

For the most part, playing with the Maidens has been pretty fun; even the savviest player so far only suspected he was dealing with a Sidereal, so the players were more than a bit surprised at the revelations. I tried to foreshadow it a bit by having them take up roles related to their constellations; Venus was a musician, Jupiter was a scholar, and Mars had a spear. I also made a point of acting out their "Resisting Questions" specialty.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2012-04-01 at 01:51 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Aren't they made of starmetal and plummet to the earth when a celestial god dies? I think that's in Manual: Sidereals? Not sure, though...
    Correct, although I believe they fall to earth when ANY god dies.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

It appears the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness material has received a 2.5 transition.

Personally, I can't believe that they took the time with Sidereals before SoSD. Don't they understand how fundamental this is to the core system?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-04-01 at 02:25 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

22. - Top - End - #1342

It's a literal, physical object. Malfeas appears to be on the other side of it. No word on what the stars are, though. I'm kind of imagining upside-down lighthouse palaces, though.
    Could I get a page number for that? I'd like to see how open for shenanigans the reading is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    So, has anyone used the Maidens of Destiny toward anything cool?
    That sounds pretty cool. So far, my groups have tended toward a kick-in-the-door playstyle, so the big important characters I could use have been limited to demons and Deathlords, mostly.

23. - Top - End - #1343

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Could I get a page number for that? I'd like to see how open for shenanigans the reading is.
    I'm almost positive it's in the books somewhere, but I do know that the writers have said that the Dome of Heaven is a very real, very solid thing. You can certainly just change it, though, if you want to go with something else.

Malfeas being on the other side of it is open to interpretation, though. Sky Breaker Throw (an Ink Monkeys Solar Hero Charm) lets you, well:

If the Solar is particularly wroth however, he may fling his foe out into the stars, where his victim smashes through an unseen layer of Creation and comes screaming down over the brass skyline of Malfeas to leave a crater in the street.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm almost positive it's in the books somewhere, but I do know that the writers have said that the Dome of Heaven is a very real, very solid thing. You can certainly just change it, though, if you want to go with something else.

Malfeas being on the other side of it is open to interpretation, though. Sky Breaker Throw (an Ink Monkeys Solar Hero Charm) lets you, well:
    Does it take the normal 5 days to traverse The Endless Desert in that case? What if the Solar used the charm while in Malfeas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Does it take the normal 5 days to traverse The Endless Desert in that case? What if the Solar used the charm while in Malfeas?
    You get incap'd for 5 days until 'you' catch up to time.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Time!
    What Martial Arts Styles would you consider accepting, and what styles do you think should be utterly ignored due to brokenness?
    I'm talking all MA Styles, here, Ink Monkey, Scroll of the Monk and Imperfect Lotus included. I've heard a lot of bad things about SotM and it's PDF extension and I'm wondering if there's anything to save from them.

27. - Top - End - #1347

RedWizardGuy

All the Sidereal styles need to be redone from scratch, with the exception of the one in Glories: Maidens--they are simply that broken. I'm still digesting 2.5, so that's all I can help you with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HerrTenko View Post
    What Martial Arts Styles would you consider accepting, and what styles do you think should be utterly ignored due to brokenness?
    The Immaculate Styles got hit by the 2.5 errata, so I would think it would be safe to assume they're functioning as intended. (So long as one is already operating under the assumption that anything in the Exalted system 'functions'.)

29. - Top - End - #1349

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think all the styles outside of the Scrolls of the Monk were hit by 2.5. At the very least I see errata for Solar Hero, Hungary Ghost, Violet Bier of Sorrows, Throne Shadow, and the Glories most high. As far as Scroll of the Monk goes, I don't think they are all unsalvageable, but none of them have been converted to 2.5 so they would all need retooling anyways. (Not that they aren't broken, but I think they can be salvaged) This might actually be the best thing to happen to SotM, it gives a ST an excuse to deny or rework any SotM styles in his/her game.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
    --Will S.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Quote Originally Posted by a_humble_lich View Post
    At the very least I see errata for Solar Hero, Hungary Ghost, Violet Bier of Sorrows, Throne Shadow, and the Glories most high.
    Michael Kovats is out to get you.