New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Looks like I'll be ending up on Shadowlands too, eventually. Anyone else?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, since you guys are all transferring to Ebon Hawk, should I consider re-subscribing then...?

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valaqil View Post
    Looks like I'll be ending up on Shadowlands too, eventually. Anyone else?
    Transferred there last night. 180 on Fleet at 3:00 PM. I've never been so happy to see my framerate hit the floor. Not to mention that I was actually able to group for heroics on Voss today.

Even better, I got to keep my character name and Legacy name.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-06-15 at 11:54 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Transferred there last night. 180 on Fleet at 3:00 PM. I've never been so happy to see my framerate hit the floor.
    I did a warzone at 5fps* as soon as I transferred, I could pretty much only run around and shock people. Still walked away with a win and #2 MVP

*due to my dual monitor setup that I forgot to reconfigure. Unplugging the second monitor shot my fps back up. Even my lag (which is still 280) isn't worse off than it was. So I'm pretty pleased with the new server.

Is anyone having trouble searching for specific people? I see Salur online, but if I search for his name or anyone else's name who I know is online I get no results. I can search by planet but not by name.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, I've been having trouble adding some people to my friends list, but that's because I'm not sure Salur and Gorin had transfered yet, and I don't know Smash's new name.

Also, we really ought to update the spreadsheet, both to reflect transfers, and to indicate people who are currently unsubscribed
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-06-16 at 09:55 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Well, I've been having trouble adding some people to my friends list, but that's because I'm not sure Salur and Gorin had transfered yet, and I don't know Smash's new name.

Also, we really ought to update the spreadsheet, both to reflect transfers, and to indicate people who are currently unsubscribed
    Hmm, I'm currently unsubscribed, but I can flip it back on at any time. Just took a break from the game to catch up on my reading list.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Both myself and Salur have transferred over to Ebon, names didn't change. Been a little lazy with my alts, but they're Republic so I don't really care as much. Do we need to get a group of four of us together at some point in order to reform the guild, and if so, when would be a good time for that?

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrain15 View Post
    Both myself and Salur have transferred over to Ebon, names didn't change. Been a little lazy with my alts, but they're Republic so I don't really care as much. Do we need to get a group of four of us together at some point in order to reform the guild, and if so, when would be a good time for that?
    I would counsel you to avoid starting a new guild on Ebon Hawk to be honest. If you're looking for other people to play with on the Republic side, join any of the following:

<Anger Management> (speak to Ralakai)
    <The Consortium> (speak to Paboe)
    <The Wardens> (speak to Obi-dammos)

Tell them 'Polytonic' sent you, and that should get you in with little or no questions asked.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I think they're talking about reforming the Imperial-side guild.
    Last edited by Philistine; 2012-06-16 at 11:53 AM.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Well, I think they're talking about reforming the Imperial-side guild.
    Ah. Well, my advice still stands. I don't want to harp on any guilds, but there's one in particular I'd counsel you to avoid joining, which I'll reveal in private. Anyways, <Veritas> (ask for Alurl, but no guarantees) is a good crew. Also <Jenari Ascendancy> (ask for Misaki perhaps, but no guarantees as well).
    Last edited by Neftren; 2012-06-16 at 11:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Ah. Well, my advice still stands. I don't want to harp on any guilds, but there's one in particular I'd counsel you to avoid joining, which I'll reveal in private. Anyways, <Veritas> (ask for Alurl, but no guarantees) is a good crew. Also <Jenari Ascendancy> (ask for Misaki perhaps, but no guarantees as well).
    Yes, as Philistine guessed, I was talking about reforming the ULE guild, the Rubat imperial guild, which Squark was the guildmaster of, on Ebon. At the moment I wasn't really considering joining an existing guild but I'll keep your advice in mind.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrain15 View Post
    Yes, as Philistine guessed, I was talking about reforming the ULE guild, the Rubat imperial guild, which Squark was the guildmaster of, on Ebon. At the moment I wasn't really considering joining an existing guild but I'll keep your advice in mind.
    Yeah, I guess I'm a little jaded on the notion of "new guilds" on either faction. The Imperial side is heavily dominated by <Kass Free Company> *cough* while the Republic... if you want to raid or PvP, your choices basically revolve around joining one of four or five guilds, depending on which way you want to roll.

There's a lot of elitism floating around on The Ebon Hawk. Not as much compared to the PvP servers, but it's definitely out there. Makes it tough to get a group for lots of stuff unless you're well connected.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The new blood might shake things up a bit, since I've already seen 2 of the old Rubaat Crystal guilds reformed and recruiting again.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

The new blood might shake things up a bit, since I've already seen 2 of the old Rubaat Crystal guilds reformed and recruiting again.
    That's good to hear. Anyways, if you guys are all transferring, I'll probably resubscribe sometime next week, after Father's Day plans and such.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

All my guys are transferred over. I was able to add some of Squark's people as alts, even though he was offline, but it wouldn't let me add Grab or Sparkie. Which is odd.

Re: guilds - Honestly, I'm fine either way. On the one hand, it's cool to sort of know everyone, and having a seperate forum to do things makes things easier to sort out (though of course there are side forums for other people too).

On the other hand, I would like to progress a little more than I am, since I'm sitting in columi, but I can't really get anything higher.

Neftren, since you have more experience with the Ebon Hawk, do you think the LFG tool will help with new/small guild problems, when it eventually gets here? And keep in mind that the new Ebon Hawk is probably 50% old Ebon Hawk, at most. Each server is going to bring over their culture, so things might change.

As for re-subbing, it's totally up to you. I will say that my highest republic alt is only 41 or so, so it's not like I could run Ops right away.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    On the other hand, I would like to progress a little more than I am, since I'm sitting in columi, but I can't really get anything higher.

Neftren, since you have more experience with the Ebon Hawk, do you think the LFG tool will help with new/small guild problems, when it eventually gets here? And keep in mind that the new Ebon Hawk is probably 50% old Ebon Hawk, at most. Each server is going to bring over their culture, so things might change.

As for re-subbing, it's totally up to you. I will say that my highest republic alt is only 41 or so, so it's not like I could run Ops right away.
    Gear is easy. My guild geared our smuggler healer in one night, going from Centurion to full Rakata.

As for the LFG tool, I think it'll help for heroics and levelling. For endgame though, I don't think it'll be that great. Consider Hard Modes. Most of the people who are good at hard modes are players who are raiding already. We farm the hard modes to complete the dailies for Black Hole Commendations, or to quickly gear alts. To that end, most of the existing (good) PvE'ers are all running these in guild runs. With new people though, it might be a bit better nowadays. You can probably forget about raiding via the LFG tool, at least, not Hard Mode raiding (normal maybe, it's a piece of cake). Find a guild for raids. It's difficult to get a regular and reliable crew otherwise.

As for culture, the Ebon Hawk is rather unique in that we have two guilds that absolutely crushed the PvP and PvE scene, and as a result, that's sort of generated a very unhealthy atmosphere that probably won't go away, even with new members. It's elitism. Not as obvious as it is on the PvP servers, but it's definitely there.

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by Salur View Post
    All my guys are transferred over. I was able to add some of Squark's people as alts, even though he was offline, but it wouldn't let me add Grab or Sparkie. Which is odd.
    I managed to add you to my friends list, but it doesn't show you as online, even though you 'appear' to be. At a guess, I'd say that the Who search is all Fubar'd. Sometimes it works, other times it shows people who are offline, and sometimes it shows people of the other faction...

I don't know Smash's new name.
    Not even I know that yet

I've updated the spreadsheet with the stuff I have changed.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Well, free character transfer complete. Now toddling around on Jedi Covenant if there's anyone to say Hi to.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, pretty sure I'm just going to clean-slate it on Ebon Hawk. Though I guess I could port over one of the 50s just long enough to retain the Legacy unlocks before wiping it.

ION, Lord Adraas is downright eerie anymore. Finishing up my Operative's class quest, I was the only Imperial player on Corellia for about an hour last night.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    I managed to add you to my friends list, but it doesn't show you as online, even though you 'appear' to be. At a guess, I'd say that the Who search is all Fubar'd. Sometimes it works, other times it shows people who are offline, and sometimes it shows people of the other faction...
    I know what you're talking about, you just have to click the search button until it works.

Anyways, just moved myself over to The Shadowlands on the spreadsheet. Things are going splendidly on that server, by the way. I stopped by Fleet for a bit around 10:00 PM EST last night and there were ~270 people. Then I opened my map and noticed there were two instances.

Meanwhile, in Story-land, over the past two weeks I managed to get from having just landed on Belsavis up through the bit after Voss. Big Inquisitor spoilers and medium-sized world arc spoilers ahead (and smilies, lots of smilies):
    Spoiler
    Show
    My class story on Belsavis was much less weird/out-there than I thought it would be... until the part where the Mother Machine mentioned who some of her "children" are. If it's true that some of the most well-known species in all of Star Wars were created from scratch by the Rakata (though Dawn of the Jedi already conflicts with that claim where Twi'leks are concerned), then that's... Well, it's one of the biggest and most consequential reveals in the entirety of the Expanded Universe.

The Belsavis world arc I thought was quite good overall, though the way the Esh-Kar hijack the whole thing about halfway through could have been done a bit more smoothly. The first half (before said Esh-Kar hijacking) really makes me want to bump rolling a Knight higher up on my to-do list, just to see what kind of story the Republic tries to feed me about the goings on in the prison and what I eventually find out and hopefully can do about it.

Also, I'm not sure which was more awesome, the Dread Masters themselves, or getting to dramatically say "I fear no one!" while standing up from their attempt to get all Dread Master-y on me.

Anyways, after that was not only an impromptu third trip to Nar Shaddaa, but this one included more Rylee Dray at long last! The interaction was a bit brief for my tastes, but still totally makes up for having accidentally Forever Alone-ed my character with respect to Ashara. As for the Veil, I have a feeling that they're/it's more than just those three people, so let's see how well my [Force Persuade] takes...

My class quests on Voss I liked a lot better; nothing like another esoteric Force technique/ritual to mix things up, especially when this one involves delving into a Fade-like dream world to finally show those ghosts who's boss. I especially like the fact that, as far as I saw, there wasn't even an option to be at all fazed by the old "make you face the representations of your past sins/regrets" trick when they try to pull it on you. It was basically "I see your attempt to rattle my psyche, and I am not impressed."

Of course, I spent about half my time on the planet worried about whether I'd get away with killing those Voss commandos and beating myself up over having apparently learned nothing from Balmorra (in-character, I blame the ghosts for making it hard to concentrate on my scheming). Or, rather, my thought process making the decision was improved compared to the Bessiker incident, it's just that after the fight was already over I suddenly thought three steps ahead instead of two and realized why it did matter at all if I got caught (specifically, that I had a lot of standing to lose with whatever parts of the Empire would get stuck dealing with the blowback). But, it turns out that not only did I get away with it, I was able to literally hand-wave away the entire "I'm getting the Empire in tons of trouble anyways just by being here" thing. Of course, I'd rather have had the chance to flaunt Hadrik's "corruption" before the Three and invalidate about half of Voss culture, but apparently I'm not that Inquisitor-y yet.

Also, I added a Voss mystic's ghost to the collection. Should come in handy.

The Voss world arc, meanwhile, I'm a bit mixed on. It was definitely cool getting to know about the Voss both present and ancient past, but the actual plot structure of the arc had some hiccups. Namely:
    1. Getting to the Gormak Lands and being told, "Okay, the Gormak starship is near completion now so you need to rush in there and trash it before it's too late. What do you mean, 'What Gormak starship?' You totally know all about it already, right?"
    2. Ending abruptly just as it's getting to the good part. I mean, you've just fought the Avatar of Sel-Makor and been told who/what Sel-Makor is, where it came from, and that it's the one messing up the planet hardcore one acre at a time. Time to track this bad boy down and give it some combination of an asskicking and a gripping conversation, right? Nope, that's it, just go report back to Darth Serevin, tell the Three that the Jedi are responsible for the Gormak, and move on with your life.

Once again, I'm kind of wondering what the Republic perspective on Voss ends up being, seeing as the Voss themselves are complete d***s when it comes down to it.

Finally got Xalek after that of course. He's pretty cool, and Kaleesh are one of my favorite species, but I think I'll stick with Khem as my "out and about" companion for now. We've had a lot of good times together already, and of course there's the fact that he's basically a walking symbol of my power and influence.

Lastly, of course, it seems that I'm officially in the superweapon business now, and that Thanaton doesn't like it one bit. I'm looking forward to this whole "Kaggath" thing; so far it sounds like exactly like what I was promised I'd get to do as an Inquisitor when BioWare first announced the class. Let's just hope Thanaton can wait to start until after I've done the Voss and Hoth bonus series, though.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

21. - Top - End - #861

RangerGuy

So, I just got back into the game after a two week vacation and . . . is something weird going on? My first and so far only character is on Trask Ulgo and now there's almost no one else online. Tatooine, Tython, Alderaan and the Republic Fleet have been all but empty all day. I don't play it for the social interaction but I still need someone to do Flashpoints with.
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

They're doing server consolidation, so free transfers for everyone.

23. - Top - End - #863

Yeah, it looks like Trask Ulgo is being rolled into The Progenitor.

24. - Top - End - #864

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yeah, it looks like Trask Ulgo is being rolled into The Progenitor.
    You mean it's being shut down and the population moved onto The Progenitor?
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    Not quite yet, but you can get free character transfers for a lot of servers, and one of them is Trask Ulgo to Progenitors. It's likely that they'll just make the transfers mandatory at some point.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jeivar View Post
    Basically, yes. For now, there's no announcement of server closings, but they've increased population caps and enabled free transfers to consolidate the population. You're free to stay on your server for now, but they'll probably make you change eventually.

To see your transfer eligibility and transfer your characters, go to My Account on the SWTOR website. You must be logged out of that character to perform the transfer.

Warning: All mail, auctions on the trade network, friend lists, and ignore lists will be lost. So check your mail and make sure you have everything in your inventory or cargo hold. If you have any other questions, the FAQ for the Transfer Service is actually pretty comprehensive.

27. - Top - End - #867

Wait, 1.3 is coming out today? They sure do like to surprise us.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Wait, 1.3 is coming out today? They sure do like to surprise us.
    Actually they announced that this past Friday as per usual.

Also, since not everyone seems to be on the spreadsheet, can I get a quick name list of peoples' characters that are on The Shadowlands now? I suppose I can update this post and possibly the spreadsheet with said names for everyone's convenience.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-06-26 at 02:03 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

And... The nerfs to tanks went live...

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Nerfs? I thought tanks were generally improved, at least in threat generation. I guess looking closer shadow/assassin tanks got smacked a bit.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.