New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1303
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    It's not just you - I noticed something similar on my PT when 2.0 came out, and he was in the freebie Tionese gear.

That said, remember that Orange gear is only as good as the mods you've got slotted in it. I've noticed that falling even two-three levels behind noticeably increased the difficulty of combat in Ch2-3, but updating my gear brought me right back up to speed.
    This is what I'm sitting at currently...

Stat Totals
    Spoiler
    Show

Strength 50
    Presence 240
    Aim 1058
    Cunning 100
    Endurance 1202
    Willpower 50
    Expertise 0

Defensive Totals
    Spoiler
    Show

Health 14523
    Armor Rating 7056
    Damage Reduction 48.51%
    Defense Chance 16.57%
    Shield Chance 34.46%
    Shield Absorption 31.94%

Items (included for completeness)
    Spoiler
    Show

Helmet - Xonolite Mesh Helmet
    Rating 116
    715 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

62 Aim
    73 Endurance
    23 Shield Rating
    4 Power
    14 Absorption Rating

Chest - Tempered Terenthium Chestguard
    Rating 124
    764 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

80 Aim
    91 Endurance
    34 Shield Rating
    13 Absorption Rating
    7 Defense Rating

Gloves - RD-16B Enforcer Gauntlets
    Rating 116
    447 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

69 Aim
    81 Endurance
    27 Shield Rating
    23 Defense Rating

Belt - Redoubt Powered Ultramesh Belt
    Rating 118
    455 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

45 Aim
    52 Endurance
    16 Absorption Rating
    22 Defense Rating

Pants - Ciridium Onslaught Greaves
    Rating 116
    715 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

75 Aim
    85 Endurance
    27 Shield Rating
    7 Power
    17 Absorption Rating

Boots - RD-14B Stealth Boots
    Rating 116
    447 Armor
    Spoiler
    Show

75 Aim
    85 Endurance
    27 Shield Rating
    17 Absorption Rating
    7 Defense Rating

Gun - Modified DTB-27 Bolt Pistol
    Rating 116
    Spoiler
    Show

64 Aim
    93 Endurance
    24 Shield Rating
    480 Tech Power
    18 Defense Rating

Shield - Universal Response Shield Generator
    Rating 96
    Spoiler
    Show

37 Aim
    72 Endurance
    15 Shield Rating
    219 Tech Power
    19 Defense Rating

Ear - Veracity Galactic Combat Module
    Spoiler
    Show

45 Aim
    72 Endurance
    40 Shield Rating
    27 Accuracy Rating
    60 Defense Rating

Implant - Exactitude Nano-Optic Rejuvination System
    Spoiler
    Show

50 Aim
    59 Endurance
    40 Accuracy Rating
    29 Critical Rating
    40 Defense Rating
    29 Alacrity Rating

Implant - Exactitude Nano-Optic Rejuvination System
    Spoiler
    Show

50 Aim
    59 Endurance
    40 Accuracy Rating
    29 Critical Rating
    40 Defense Rating
    29 Alacrity Rating

Wrist - Prototype Rheshalva Arms Heavy Exoskeletal Bracers
    Rating 112
    Spoiler
    Show

432 Armor
    67 Aim
    44 Endurance
    6 Power

Relic - Relic of Agile Temperance
    Spoiler
    Show

27 Endurance
    19 Power
    Use: Increases Defense Rating by 165 for 30s

Relic - Relic of Agile Temperance
    Spoiler
    Show

27 Endurance
    19 Power
    Use: Increases Defense Rating by 165 for 30s

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Aye, looking at it, the problem is most likely gear. The lowest-tier pre-RotHC endgame gear was Tionese at 126, and you're under that. Check if the game lets you buy stuff from the makeb commendation vendor, with the planetary commendation merge, you should have plenty of comms to buy new bits with, assuming the vendor doesn't require RotHC to be accessed. With your long absence, I doubt you'd have enough classic commendations to be able to get a set of Campaign gear.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Do you have RotHC? If so, one thing that might be playing into it is the fact that benefit-per-stat-point decreases with level, and from 50-55 the drop is particularly steep.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #1174

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Do you have RotHC? If so, one thing that might be playing into it is the fact that benefit-per-stat-point decreases with level, and from 50-55 the drop is particularly steep.
    I don't have the expansion yet, no. Waiting to see if I really start playing it again regularly before buying into that. Plus, part of the appeal is playing some of the lower level characters.

Hrm, on a quasi-related note, did they add anything to the story/interaction with the companions with the expansion?

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Colossus in the Playground

Your companions comment on Makeb--about on par with how much they comment on any given planet's non-class missions.

There is nothing more added to any class story with the expansion.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Your companions comment on Makeb--about on par with how much they comment on any given planet's non-class missions.

There is nothing more added to any class story with the expansion.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    While Makeb only has a faction story, it (IMO) does have enough class-specific dialogue (including an entirely different into sequence you pick up the first mission from your holoterminal) and pays enough lip service to your position after Chapter 3 that it feels like a continuation of your class story. That and the general storytelling quality is by far some of the best in the game.

EDIT: Example (Inquisitor spoilers):
    Spoiler
    Show
    As an Inquisitor, during the final conversation with Darth Marr, he starts talking up governance and basically says that as the two most powerful Councilors, the Empire's survival hinges on you and him continuing to work well together.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2013-06-05 at 03:54 PM.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #1178

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    While Makeb only has a faction story, it (IMO) does have enough class-specific dialogue and pays enough lip service to your position after Chapter 3 to feel like a continuation of your class story. That and the general storytelling quality is by far some of the best in the game.
    Hmm, alright then Now I just need to really start remembering how to play my class... Rusty doesn't even begin to describe it

9. - Top - End - #1179

Quote Originally Posted by Holocron Coder View Post
    Hmm, alright then Now I just need to really start remembering how to play my class... Rusty doesn't even begin to describe it
    You're not the only one. If you never played the bonus series on Belsavis or Voss, those might be a good refresher. They're still high enough level to give you some experience so you're not just wasting time and they're not so dangerous that you'll be beaten mercilessly while you clumsily stare at tooltips.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Barbarian in the Playground

guys, im trying to play a really good scattergun scoundrel...i feel like im doing ok as i am killing mobs of my own level, but i feel like i should be doing more dps with my scattergun. i am level 22 now but am only hitting about 300 when i hit with my scattergun, which is only once since i have to be behind them and only 3 meters away. starting to regret being a scoundrel unless you guys can let me know if im doing something wrong. please do

Playing Pokemon Y:
    Safari: Charmeleon, Magmar, and Braixen
    DS Friend Code: 3668-7804-7430

11. - Top - End - #1181

There's no such thing as a scattergun scoundrel.

You need to use all your abilities to be a good scoundrel. Not just fixate on using your scattergun. Don't think about which inventory slot your abilities use; look at what the ability does.
    Last edited by Kish; 2013-06-06 at 04:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that this has gone Free to Play, I've been considering picking this one up. The thing is, I'm not interested in the multiplayer aspect at all, I'm just not an MMO type of gamer. However, I've heard that SWTOR is unusually conductive to soloing for an MMO, and that if you go through the solo content it's basically 8 single-player KOTOR games wrapped up into one.

So, a few questions before I dive in.

First, my connection is pretty bad and I deal with latency of about 90 ms on a good day, and regularly deal with 300-400 ms and occasionally as high as 800-900 ms (making most real-time multiplayer titles unplayable). This is definitely going to be a problem if I'm dealing with other humans, but how does PvE content fare with lag? This is the big thing that kept me away from Diablo 3 (I tried the demo and it was unplayably laggy). It can either be painless or just as broken as interacting with other humans depending on the implementation, but how does TOR fare?

Second, what are the merits of this game as a single-player RPG, independent of its online elements?

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    First, my connection is pretty bad and I deal with latency of about 90 ms on a good day, and regularly deal with 300-400 ms and occasionally as high as 800-900 ms (making most real-time multiplayer titles unplayable). This is definitely going to be a problem if I'm dealing with other humans, but how does PvE content fare with lag? This is the big thing that kept me away from Diablo 3 (I tried the demo and it was unplayably laggy). It can either be painless or just as broken as interacting with other humans depending on the implementation, but how does TOR fare?
    Badly.
    Second, what are the merits of this game as a single-player RPG, independent of its online elements?
    Most of what SWTOR has to recommend it is its CRPG elements. "8 single-player KotOR games" is unfortunately pushing it rather; each planet has a class storyline, which will be different depending on which class you're playing as well as, per usual for a single-player CRPG, on which choices you make, but each planet also has a that-side storyline, which will not change. You won't be able to level fast enough doing only your class storylines, particularly as a free-to-play player, so you will have to do some of the non-class storyline on most planets. By the time you've played your third Imperial character through (say) Balmorra, the parts of the planet that aren't your class story are likely to be stultifying.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, that's a shame. Ah well, thanks for the answers.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Banned

I play the game largely solo and I still enjoy it.

As for the lag...you'll be able to make your way through the majority of the game with that level of lag...but gameplay will be noticeably different and more difficult. There will be parts where you will need help from other players to compensate for that level of lag.

Wouldn't hurt to download it and see how you feel. It's free after all.

16. - Top - End - #1186

There's no such thing as a scattergun scoundrel.

You need to use all your abilities to be a good scoundrel. Not just fixate on using your scattergun. Don't think about which inventory slot your abilities use; look at what the ability does.
    Well are there anymore abilities that use it or am i stuck with just the one?

Playing Pokemon Y:

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

Based on what the Operative is like, middle tree Scoundrel should have a fair amount of scattergunning.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

18. - Top - End - #1188

Quote Originally Posted by Tylorious View Post
    Well are there anymore abilities that use it or am i stuck with just the one?
    You're not getting this.

The fact that you are asking that question--and asking it over and over and over--is the answer to your question about what you're doing wrong. If you want to be a good scoundrel, stop thinking about which abilities use your scattergun and think about things that actually matter to your character's abilities, like which do more damage, which grant/consume Upper Hand, and which have useful other effects. If you really want to be a scoundrel who only uses a scattergun, accept that your damage is going to be low, but don't regret being a scoundrel, because no other class can use a scattergun.
    Last edited by Kish; 2013-06-07 at 09:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

So I looked at picking this game back up mostly to remember why I quit (much like a trip to Arby's). Grabbed a one-time password to login to my account and check things out, then got the client. Which also wants a one-time password, except the one already sent isn't the right one and I haven't been sent a second.

Welp! Uninstalled again, was a lot quicker than expected. Time for some Arby's...

Edit: Had Arby's. It was terrible.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2013-06-07 at 11:56 AM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

20. - Top - End - #1190

You're not getting this.

The fact that you are asking that question--and asking it over and over and over--is the answer to your question about what you're doing wrong. If you want to be a good scoundrel, stop thinking about which abilities use your scattergun and think about things that actually matter to your character's abilities, like which do more damage, which grant/consume Upper Hand, and which have useful other effects. If you really want to be a scoundrel who only uses a scattergun, accept that your damage is going to be low, but don't regret being a scoundrel, because no other class can use a scattergun.
    Ok, let me try to reinstate some reason on my part. I use the scattergun when i can, but i typically blaster whip them to get upper hand and then sucker punch the poo out of them, usually killing a weaker opponent, granting me yet another upper hand. I also like to stealth in at first with my scattergun, tranquilizing the strongest and focusing on the weaker of the mob. But my question (simply out of curiosity and love for my shotgun) is: will i have more than one skill which uses it? Right now i have to be behind them, but realistically, if i had a shotgun i would pump it right at their gut or face. Please answer my question.

Playing Pokemon Y:

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, it's sounding like scoundrels are less active users of their offhand, compared to the operative's vibroknife.

Checking a skill calculator site... and yep, it's looking like you only actively use the scattergun for your from behind abilities. That's kinda lame.
    :edit: and it'd definitely explain why the capstone ability of the middle tree only works on backstab/hidden strike despite operatives having plenty of abilities that knife someone, gotta keep the classes mirrored.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2013-06-07 at 12:51 PM.
    Swoop Falcon

22. - Top - End - #1192

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Hmm, it's sounding like scoundrels are less active users of their offhand, compared to the operative's vibroknife.

Checking a skill calculator site... and yep, it's looking like you only actively use the scattergun for your from behind abilities. That's kinda lame.
    :edit: and it'd definitely explain why the capstone ability of the middle tree only works on backstab/hidden strike despite operatives having plenty of abilities that knife someone, gotta keep the classes mirrored.
    yeah, i guess that makes sense, but i am still sad that i dont get to shoot people more often with the thing. i wish i was a part of the developement for this game. My C and java skills are hauntingly good and i would love to contribute a little, but alas, i cannot.

Playing Pokemon Y:

23. - Top - End - #1193

RangerGuy

Well, I just started playing this again a few days ago, and would someone mind telling me why I have to enter a new one-time password every time I log on?
    "Is this 'cause I killed the hippie? Is that even illegal?"

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Troll in the Playground

As I understand it, the whole one-time password thing is supposed to be like the steam security feature where if you log in on an unverified computer, it sends you an email to verify that yes this is you logging in and not some random dude that got your account information.

As for why you're getting it every time, I have no clue, a bit of googling suggests that the actual authentication part of the one-time password is handled via browser data, so if that gets regularly wiped, that may be why you keep having to authenticate.

disclaimer: I have no first-hand experience with the OTP because my CE came with one of those security key dongle thingies.
    Swoop Falcon

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    So I looked at picking this game back up mostly to remember why I quit (much like a trip to Arby's). Grabbed a one-time password to login to my account and check things out, then got the client. Which also wants a one-time password, except the one already sent isn't the right one and I haven't been sent a second.

Welp! Uninstalled again, was a lot quicker than expected. Time for some Arby's...

Edit: Had Arby's. It was terrible.
    Haha, your last bit made me chuckle.

Sometimes the passwords they send really do take up to 15 minutes to arrive... Normally these things arrive immediately but not for SW:TOR apparently.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    As I understand it, the whole one-time password thing is supposed to be like the steam security feature where if you log in on an unverified computer, it sends you an email to verify that yes this is you logging in and not some random dude that got your account information.

As for why you're getting it every time, I have no clue, a bit of googling suggests that the actual authentication part of the one-time password is handled via browser data, so if that gets regularly wiped, that may be why you keep having to authenticate.

disclaimer: I have no first-hand experience with the OTP because my CE came with one of those security key dongle thingies.
    Your IP address is also a major factor, so if your ISP changes yours regularly then that's the main reason people have that problem.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

So I switched from Merc Bounty Hunter to Jedi Guardian < . .> Strangely I think I like it a bit more; even though I typically prefer blasters to sabers. I suspect rather strongly it's because of the outfit I managed to cobble together thanks to the whole "Collections" feature:

Spoiler
    Show

I need to find some dye to make it a twinge less Sith-y, but I like the look overall.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

28. - Top - End - #1198

So, scoundrel is by far my favorite class: stealth, CC, DoT, and a wookie companion (albeit he can't survive anything) are ingredients for a fun game.

Playing Pokemon Y:

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

After a 14 month or so absence, I resubbed and now I'm about to finish out the main quest line (I've started Coreilla).

Is the digital expansion worth buying for just the storyline quests alone? I'm not interested in flashpoints or PvP or getting rare equipment.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy13a View Post
    After a 14 month or so absence, I resubbed and now I'm about to finish out the main quest line (I've started Coreilla).
    Which class?

Is the digital expansion worth buying for just the storyline quests alone? I'm not interested in flashpoints or PvP or getting rare equipment.
    Yes.