New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1176
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Artoran - Curon

Artoran heeds his mother's advice, heading to the Pyre. He needed another weapon, another tool. Smashing was nice, but what about slashing? Thinking about the benefits of being able to slash, he forms a new blade, a long axe with a wickedly sharp blade, the base of the head extending almost a foot to give him almost a hook like piece of it. This one has similair channels to Smasher, but instead of going into a central orb they crisscross across the back, creating the maximum blood splatter.

He then heads down below to his plane. Focusing his power, he creates fortifications for his plane. Great stones rise up from Curon, going to circle the plane, amplified by some sort of divine power to make it impossible to teleport in. Sometimes you play the offense in war, sometimes you play the defense.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 = AP 3 (Rollover + PAP) - 1 (Create Slasher: 3 - 1 (Pyre) - 1 (Bloodhshed Domain)) -1 (Lock Plane: Curon (2 -1 (Combat Domain))
    Last edited by Arcran; 2012-05-05 at 04:18 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Creepy Masked Girl Wood Onari Capital

Amidst the chaos of the events which unfolded were the Nayleth had slaughtered the Wood Onari Queen, a voice is heard

"Greetings. I am the mouthpiece for the Darkness Incarnate. Please do not touch anything and lead me to the scene of the slaughter before the corpse starts to rot. I would be eternally grateful if you could identify which pieces belong to your former queen."

says the Creepy Masked Girl as she floats into view of the Wood Onari from the shadows.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    The Creepy Masked Girl Wood Onari Capital

Amidst the chaos of the events which unfolded were the Nayleth had slaughtered the Wood Onari Queen, a voice is heard

"Greetings. I am the mouthpiece for the Darkness Incarnate. Please do not touch anything and lead me to the scene of the slaughter before the corpse starts to rot. I would be eternally grateful if you could identify which pieces belong to your former queen."

says the Creepy Masked Girl as she floats into view of the Wood Onari from the shadows.
    Arbiters - Wood Onari Capital

A white winged kobold seemingly composed of light manifests before them and says, "With everyone's permission, I have been sent by the Guardains to monitor these events. We have sensed that the potential for a great war is brewing, and such a war would be very detrimental to the balance of the world. We would see this resolved bloodlessly if we could."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

A Fiery Herald

As the White winged Kobold appeared, the Twin-Tailed Comet in the sky above broke, a chunk of it falling off and hurtling towards the world below. This piece burned, and exploded in the skies above the Wood Onari City. Small chunks of celestial rock and fire rained down upon the city below, but the flames were blue-white, and their ghostly heat did not burn anything. Indeed, each chunk seemed more a herald of something yet to come than any actual destruction.

The Comet then sailed through the skies again, disappearing over the horizon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sky Domain Action: Intervene, A chunk of the Twin-Tailed Comet breaks off and explodes above the Wood Onari City.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-05-06 at 10:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Arbiters - Wood Onari Capital

A white winged kobold seemingly composed of light manifests before them and says, "With everyone's permission, I have been sent by the Guardains to monitor these events. We have sensed that the potential for a great war is brewing, and such a war would be very detrimental to the balance of the world. We would see this resolved bloodlessly if we could."
    The Creepy Masked Girl nods at the winged Kobold "The Darkness allows you to act as witness, though I reserve my doubts that this will be resolved without blood shed."

The girl looks as the comet explodes over the city. Floating along she puts her hand into the weird looking flame. Whether it burnt her or not, the girl did not show any emotion as she takes some of the flame into her grasp.

"Interesting..."
    she says, as she throws the flame into a nearby shadow which consumes it "... but irrelevant to what I seek. I shall head to the scene of the massacre."

Nysv was hired to investigate the causes of the slaughter. Everything else was simply distractions not worth the Masked Girl's time.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

The Creepy Masked Girl nods at the winged Kobold "The Darkness allows you to act as witness, though I reserve my doubts that this will be resolved without blood shed."

The girl looks as the comet explodes over the city. Floating along she puts her hand into the weird looking flame. Whether it burnt her or not, the girl did not show any emotion as she takes some of the flame into her grasp.

"Interesting..."
    she says, as she throws the flame into a nearby shadow which consumes it "... but irrelevant to what I seek. I shall head to the scene of the massacre."

Nysv was hired to investigate the causes of the slaughter. Everything else was simply distractions not worth the Masked Girl's time.
    "I grant that the chance is slim. It is one that the Guardians still believe worth pursuing. At most, it costs them me."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Arziak- The Moon

Arziak grows rancorous, angered beyond his imagining at the attempts by other gods to control or unweave his creations. Magic was meant to be a gift, so that all mortals may achieve a state of great power if needed- the least that his deific brethren could do would be to allow mortals to use it.

Ah, well. What could the archmage possibly do to challenge the other gods? He's naught but a godling, still fresh, still naive. He cannot possibly hope to force others to his will while he is still weak. He would need time to accumulate a plot, before he can finally establish his proper place in the universe.

Arziak takes the form of a slight humanoid figure, with ashen skin, white hair, and piercing crimson eyes, cloaked in a robe of shadows. He rests his shining white staff on the ground, and raises his left fist, his Ring of Magefire burning violet around its dark, metal form. Nysv, master of darkness, I have a proposition for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- A... comet?

Sephyrdiam turned to look at the comet which now surrounded the world, spinning idly as it turned in unison with the gyroscope of eternal flame. He paused to consider the damage it might cause if it were to fall to the world, but seeing that it hadn't yet, he simply turned to the great journey his beloved Czar were now on.

A Journey, and a Leader

The Green Man strode forth, knowing the layout of the land like it were a part of his own body. feeling the slight weighted footsteps of the Czar as their padded feet stepped upon the soil, bits of dirt caught beneath their clawed toes. Onwards they walked, even the First and his betrothed took to the march, spearheading their trail with the Green Man at the lead. They past over hills, through mountains, and soon found themselves in lush green forests.

"We are almost there my friends, the home of your kin in creation is near."

Excitement poured over them, and their pace quickened. They moved forward with ecstatic impetus, and soon they saw it.

A beautiful tree hanging upon the rise of a cliff, with crashing blue waters below. Its roots sprawled over the cliff side, neatly anchoring it and its stony foundation in place. Great lofty leaves swayed in the wind, upheld by majestic branches. The air smelled of the sea and floral scents. The setting sun slowly sank behind its branches, coloring the sky a shade of gold.

There, at the towering tree's base were the majority of the Dryads, the first four at the front of the welcoming committee.

Parsley, the first of the Earth Dryads.

Sage, the first of the Air Dryads.

Rosemary, the first of the Water Dryads.

Thyme, the first of the Fire Dryads.

Yes, all four were there to welcome the Czar to their home, their beautiful home. It was then that the Green Man flew between them, rising into the air towards both creatures.

"Listen! Fair Dryads and Strong Czar, listen to my words. Sephyrdiam did not make me out of fancy or willy nilly! Nay, he made me for one good purpose. As he cannot always tend to you as much as he would hope to, he has sent me in his stead. I am his verdant hand, and I am to be your leader, now and forevermore. Know that I will be here always, rain or sun. Now... let us make merry and dance 'neath the moon! Live, and know that Sephyrdiam is with you all!"

And for the rest of the night, a rowdy rompus took place, as the newly united Dryads and Czar feasted and made festivities deep into the eve. Their home was here, and their natural civilization made its first of many roots.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post

Arziak takes the form of a slight humanoid figure, with ashen skin, white hair, and piercing crimson eyes, cloaked in a robe of shadows. He rests his shining white staff on the ground, and raises his left fist, his Ring of Magefire burning violet around its dark, metal form. Nysv, master of darkness, I have a proposition for you!
    The god of Shadows materializes from the darkness next to Arziak. "Greetings godling. I am always open for any proposition. How may I be of service to you?"

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Draco, the Stars of Kings

Asmar stretches his wings, his glittering scales moving the Stars themselves into a pattern that resembled a dragon. He yawned, exhaling raw power. His muscles bulged, and his form bloated with energy as he grew. Finally, Asmar threw off the shackles of his deception, and revealed his return to the gods. A mighty roar echoed through the heavens, attracting attention to the Constellation Asmar called home. "Brethren, Gods of this World. I, Asmar, have returned!"

Spoiler
    Show
    18 AP - 1 AP - 2 AP = 15 AP
    1 AP: Mold Land, Shifting the stars into a the Draco Constellation.
    2 AP: Gain Divine Level - Warrior
    1. Creation of the Prismatic Dragons - 1 AP(Discounted from 2 AP)
    2. Creation of the Comet - 1 AP
    3. The Comet's Fragmentation - 1 AP
    4. Creation of the Draco Constellation - 1 AP
    5. Creation of Wyrmsmeet Valley - 1 AP
    6. Imbuing the Dragon Language with power - 1 AP

Asmar is now a Level 6 Deity. And Please tell me if I made any mistakes about this.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-05-07 at 05:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The god of Shadows materializes from the darkness next to Arziak. "Greetings godling. I am always open for any proposition. How may I be of service to you?"
    Arziak takes on a businesslike expression. I wish to create a plane, where my creations and I may reside in relative peace until I accumulate any formiddable degree of power. However, I am lacking in energy at the moment. If you would pay a mere fourth of what is necessary to craft it.

Arziak pauses briefly, his face turning more serious.

I would also ask that you use your power over darkness to hide the plane's existence.

If you do these things, I will give you equal control over the plane. I will also provide you with some of my own power at a later date.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel floats up in a spiral to Asmar. "You left?"
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofFates View Post
    Arziak takes on a businesslike expression. I wish to create a plane, where my creations and I may reside in relative peace until I accumulate any formiddable degree of power. However, I am lacking in energy at the moment. If you would pay a mere fourth of what is necessary to craft it.

Arziak pauses briefly, his face turning more serious.

I would also ask that you use your power over darkness to hide the plane's existence.

If you do these things, I will give you equal control over the plane. I will also provide you with some of my own power at a later date.

"A simple enough request... and your offer is quite generous. I think we can come to an agreement."

Nysv produces a contract and hands it to Arziak "Please... read through it carefully and if you agree to the terms, sign at the bottom."

The contract reads as follows

Spoiler
    Show

Contract for Services Rendered

This is a contract entered into by Nysv (hereinafter referred to as "the Provider") and Arziak (hereinafter referred to as "the Client") on this date.

The Client hereby engages the Provider to provide services described herein under "Scope and Manner of Services." The Provider hereby agrees to provide the Client with such services in exchange for consideration described herein under "Payment for Services Rendered."

Scope and Manner of Services

Services To Be Rendered By Provider:

Provider is expected to conceal the Client's plane upon creation within the shadows from both divine and mortal sight.

Payment for Services Rendered

The Client shall pay the Provider for services rendered according to the Payment Schedule attached, within calendar days of the date on any invoice for services rendered from the Provider.

The Client agrees to pay the Provider the fee of one shred of divine power and joint ownership of same Plane upon creation.

Should the Client fail to pay the Provider the full amount specified in any invoice within calendar days of the invoice's date, a late fee shall be added to the amount due and interest of percent per annum shall accrue from the calendar day following the invoice's date.

Clauses

Provider guarantees that aforementioned plane will remain hidden within the darkness indefinitely until such a time as Client requests for the effects to be reversed.

Provider is not to be held responsible should the effects be prematurely ended by outside interference beyond its control.

Client's signature
    Provider's signature

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Alorn, the Citadel

"Fellow Guardians, I have felt a sense on intense foreboding. Conflict like we have never imagined is coming. I am going to leave, go beyond the barriers of this creation, and find it, to spend my power to stop it before it comes here. I leave you a portion of my strength to guide the people I have taken under my care. The ties that bound us together still stand. I will do what I can before I depart to shield this place."

Spoiler
    Show
    leaving the utility artifact the glorious compact (1/week 1 AP discount on combat artifact for any member of the guardians

leaving 3 AP to guide populous for whichever guardian wants them (kobolds, humans, vardr

and locking the plane, only other guardians are free to travel to and from, or any of the races they created via the portal

Thanks for the game Rizban, everyone else have fun.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdian- Fus Ro God!

Sephyrdiam appears as per the Dragon God's summons, a cloud of green energy and greener leaves swirling before it took his form. He said nothing, but merely observed behind his niece, seeing what the God of Dragons had to say. Of course there was always the idea with the Elder Spirits and the Dragons Sephyrdiam has had in the back of his mind, but he felt it inappropriate to ask at this time.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I am afraid that I had a two-part request. You are to also provide one-fourth the power needed to create the plane, which I will pay back twofold at a later date. Allow me to revise the contract.

Arziak moves his hand in such a way that he seems to be writing, though he holds no pen. The words on the paper shift and change to make room for a couple of changes. The contract now reads:

Spoiler
    Show

Contract for Services Rendered

This is a contract entered into by Nysv (hereinafter referred to as "the Provider") and Arziak (hereinafter referred to as "the Client") on this date.

The Client hereby engages the Provider to provide services described herein under "Scope and Manner of Services." The Provider hereby agrees to provide the Client with such services in exchange for consideration described herein under "Payment for Services Rendered."

Scope and Manner of Services

Services To Be Rendered By Provider:

Provider is expected to conceal the Client's plane upon creation within the shadows from both divine and mortal sight.

Whereas the client lacks the sufficient divine energies at present to create the plane, the provider is expected to contribute a quarter of the power needed to make a plane, using the provider's own divine energy.

Payment for Services Rendered

The Client shall pay the Provider for services rendered according to the Payment Schedule attached, within calendar days of the date on any invoice for services rendered from the Provider.

The Client agrees to pay the Provider the fee of two shreds of divine power and joint ownership of same Plane upon creation.

Should the Client fail to pay the Provider the full amount specified in any invoice within calendar days of the invoice's date, a late fee shall be added to the amount due and interest of percent per annum shall accrue from the calendar day following the invoice's date.

Clauses

Provider guarantees that aforementioned plane will remain hidden within the darkness indefinitely until such a time as Client requests for the effects to be reversed.

Provider is not to be held responsible should the effects be prematurely ended by outside interference beyond its control.

Client's signature
    Provider's signature

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

The god of shadows inspects the revised contract for a few moments. "Regardless... a simple request, and one that I can accommodate." as it signs the contract. As always its swallows its copy of the contract and gives Arziak the other copy.

"Very well then..."
    says Nysv as it stretches out one of its shadow tendrils towards Arziak. At the end of the tendril is a small blob of the purest darkness. "... in accordance to our pact, here is a shred of my divine power. I have fulfilled my end of the bargain."

Spoiler
    Show

AP1= 2-1, Transfer 1 AP to Arziak

"Make sure you put it to good use."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

William the Bloody - Resolution

Spoiler
    Show
    since you're leaving, I'll just go ahead and resolve our battle how we agreed.

For long dreadful seconds, a great racket could be heard inside the sphere of ice. An explosion, grunts, hisses, screeches, and roars emanated from it.

Then, as suddenly as it had formed, the ice sphere vanished and the invader stood triumphant, an elephant with his foe gored on his tusks, pierced at navel and throat.

Panting heavily and with a number of small cuts and favoring his left hind leg, the elephant trumpets, "Now, THAT was a fight! Good show! Anyone else?" A lazy swipe of his silver-tipped tusks send a wave of water deep into the city, sweeping away all in its path. "Now to finish off those walls..."

However, just as the pachyderm was about to return to his task, it flinched and looked to the sky. A great being was descending, a divine presence made manifest in the world. The great Judge was appearing. In his present condition, the mad assailant knew he was outmatched and fled, taking the swift form of a cheetah to distance himself before disappearing from view, a tiny insect.

That power... it is not fair! You promised me power, why was a mere mortal able to nearly match me in power? Why were you not even good enough to overcome a god's shadow? The gnat thought angrily at the pair of tiny silver spikes at the end of its legs. Walls of water are great and all, but sheer force is not power. There has to be more!

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Draco, the Stars of Kings

Asmar stretches his wings, his glittering scales moving the Stars themselves into a pattern that resembled a dragon. He yawned, exhaling raw power. His muscles bulged, and his form bloated with energy as he grew. Finally, Asmar threw off the shackles of his deception, and revealed his return to the gods. A mighty roar echoed through the heavens, attracting attention to the Constellation Asmar called home. "Brethren, Gods of this World. I, Asmar, have returned!"

Spoiler
    Show
    18 AP - 1 AP - 2 AP = 15 AP
    1 AP: Mold Land, Shifting the stars into a the Draco Constellation.
    2 AP: Gain Divine Level - Warrior
    1. Creation of the Prismatic Dragons - 1 AP(Discounted from 2 AP)
    2. Creation of the Comet - 1 AP
    3. The Comet's Fragmentation - 1 AP
    4. Creation of the Draco Constellation - 1 AP
    5. Creation of Wyrmsmeet Valley - 1 AP
    6. Imbuing the Dragon Language with power - 1 AP

Asmar is now a Level 6 Deity. And Please tell me if I made any mistakes about this.
    Voimond - the Moon

Voimond heard the summons, and, with nothing better to do at the moment, decided to show up to the party.

Voimond - the Void

"Greetings, wyrmlord. You haven't missed much. A horde of new gods populate the cosmos (some noble, many insane or incredibly foolish), Yiasial killed herself, and the kobold god convinced himself that he was dying and thus he died. Besides that, I've managed to offend most every god in existence, Akna is moody and unpredicable, prone to bouts of wrath at the least provocation, my sibling is a hub of contracts and dark deals, and the mortal world has become quite the interesting place to watch. Welcome back.

Oh, and thank you for allowing me to borrow the template of your dragons for my own creations. The star dragons are some of my favorite creations.
    " Bedecked in all his gear, only Voimond's voice would be easily recognizable. Even his stance has changed, from a young archer to a seasoned war god.

Spoiler
    Show
    with Alorn stepping out of the game, the war domain is up for grabs.

ap: 0=0+2(rollover from 5/3)-1(portfolio element: conflict)-1(half the cost of war domain)
    pap: 0=1-1(other half the cost)

ap spent towards conflict:
    2 ap on a combat artifact (part of the four new ones)
    1 ap to enter divine combat against Artoran

ap spent towards war:
    5 ap from four combat artifacts made last week
    1 ap on initiating divine combat against artoran.

of course, this is my first purchased domain and, damn, a LOT of my actions are justifiable for this domain.

resources left to me:
    domain charges: moon, star, balance, nature, war
    portfolio charge: conflict
    artifact charges: bracers of twilight, Lunar Temple

combat modifier: 4.5, +1 if aiding or on a home plane, +2 if aiding ON a home plane
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-05-08 at 10:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Arziak grins as he recieves Nysv's spark of power, and begins to glow with a dark violet aura. He holds out his hands, and the glow accumulates around his hands, shining intensely. He releases it into the starry sky, where it forms a ball, and eventually explodes. The archmage then fades away, entering the new plane, and shaping it around him. The realm is similar in ways to the material plane, full of grassy fields, roaring seas, and towering mountains. However, in this plane, arcane magic is stronger than normal, and the laws of physics are not so great a boundary as in the material plane. Floating islands, thousands of feet in circumference, can be found throughout the world, and many things seem more precise and geometric. The plane is in a constant state of twilight, and the weather is always mild and comfortable. Nysv's contribution is clear as well, as shadows are darker, and longer. Arziak smiles, and cries out. I name this place Ayorren!

Spoiler
    Show

AP 0 (3-3=0 (Wizardry domain discount))
    Create Plane: Ayorren

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Asmar's Assessment

Asmar lowered his head, in a Draconian imitation of a bow. "Mmm..." he growled lowly, pondering the situation. Then count me as an Ally, Brother. I pledge to you, Kuu'Ruuk, in the tongue of mortals, peace. My breath is at your disposal." In a show of the potential of his breath, Asmar lets loose a mighty blast of primal energy from his maw, imbuing the language of Dragonkind with great power.

Down below, on the mortal world, Primal roars could be heard from Wyrmsmeet Valley. Long had the valley been untouched, the mountains and leagues of wilderness a safe deterrent to explorers. Now the Dragons were awaking once more. The Prismatic Dragons, the Dovah in the tongue of Dragons. Firstborn of the Prismatic King and favored of his children, they intoned the words of the Dragon Language, announcing their return to the world.

In the skies, the Twin-Tailed Comet was growing smaller, getting further and further from the World. Within a few days, it would be gone, and magic would return to normal.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP - 3 AP = 12 AP
    Create Concept: The Tongue of Dragons. All Dragons are natural masters of using the power of Asmar in concert with the Dragon Language to produce effects similar to magic. All "lesser" races must train for years to master even a single invocation. Invocations range from simple, one syllable words that produce a weak, but quick, effect, to speeches that can take hours to complete, capable of leveling entire cities and raising whole armies from the dead. Dragons are also imbued with wisdom and restraint. They know how much power they wield, and know that Asmar will take it away if they misuse it.

The Tongue of Dragons is a form of magic that takes many years to learn. Only those with Dragonblood in their veins can use the Tongue as easily as a Dragon. Kobolds are considered Dragonkin by Asmar, and are more adept at using the Tongue than other mortals.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord2831 View Post
    Asmar's Assessment

Asmar lowered his head, in a Draconian imitation of a bow. "Mmm..." he growled lowly, pondering the situation. Then count me as an Ally, Brother. I pledge to you, Kuu'Ruuk, in the tongue of mortals, peace. My breath is at your disposal." In a show of the potential of his breath, Asmar lets loose a mighty blast of primal energy from his maw, imbuing the language of Dragonkind with great power.
    Voimond - the Void

"I am glad to see you have awoken from your rest in good spirits. I look forward to seeing how your powers will shape this world. I would call you ally and brother if you would be so inclined."

Spoiler
    Show
    extending an invitation for you to join the Blood Line, a pantheon composed of a loose collection of deities who recognize their mutual power tied to their blood. Being allies, liking the other gods, or even getting along with them is not required. Even opposing them and attacking them is perfectly cool. All the rp you have to do is fluff having a bit of your essence flow to the Lunar Temple where it will manifest itself as a shrine to your god. Most of us have at least a respect for each others' prowess, however.

Down below, on the mortal world, Primal roars could be heard from Wyrmsmeet Valley. Long had the valley been untouched, the mountains and leagues of wilderness a safe deterrent to explorers. Now the Dragons were awaking once more. The Prismatic Dragons, the Dovah in the tongue of Dragons. Firstborn of the Prismatic King and favored of his children, they intoned the words of the Dragon Language, announcing their return to the world.
    Spike - Wyrmsmeet Valley - Renewed Contact

A juvenile star dragon approaches the valley, calling out, "Hi, cousins! I am Spike! My mother, Twilight Sparkle, has sent me to convey your greetings and ask if you understand about all this new magic we've been experiencing!" This particular star dragon had a ridge of spikes down his back, breaking up the smooth scales of most specimens.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, Ayorren

The god of shadows materializes next to Arziak in his newly created plane, and looks around curiously "Interesting." says Nsyv as it stretches out one of its shadow tendrils "Now then... to fulfill my obligations in accordance to the contract..." and focuses its powers, causing the entire plane to dispensary from sight as it becomes one with the darkness of the void.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Shadow Domain discount: Intervene: Cause Ayorren to disappear from sight.

"It is done, and you stand witness that I have completed my obligations to your satisfaction. I look forward to when I shall come to collect my dues. Until then, I shall have to take my leave... my services are required elsewhere."

And with that, the god of Shadows leaves to return back to the moon.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gazardiel

As his siblings fly off to investigate the situation with the Onari, Gazardiel receives Alorn's message. Returning to the Citadel, he is too late to stop his ally from departing. At one time, a group of strong and noble gods worked together in the name of protection to form a coalition. The coalition had combined efforts to create the marvel that is the Citadel. However, now Gazardiel walks the fortress's halls alone. Outside the walls, the twice-abandoned kobolds live and thrive, not yet realizing that their patron god is gone. The small collection of Lunaeri that have passed over from the mortal plane reside in Gazardiel's sector of the fortress. In the other sectors of the fortress, the angel god is received by no one. Two of his allies have departed and another is missing. As far as he knows, Gazardiel is the last of the Guardians. His companion's thrones sit empty and blank tapestries hang in their quarters waiting to be filled with the deeds that could have been. Gazardiel would take up leadership of the entire Citadel, allowing his children to bring life to the now abandoned sectors of the place.

The angel god is filled with a greater sense of strength and determination. He is no longer a godling and now has responsibility for the well-being of many lesser beings. With this new strength, Gazardiel goes to labor in his forge. Emerging a while later, a new creation hangs at his waist: a longsword, Moonbeam. Moonbeam's blade is milky white and shines with the light of the moon, a trait shared by many of Gazardiel's creations. It's hilt is decorated with beautiful gold and silver detailing.

Satisfied with his creation, Gazardiel gathers a small retinue of Lunaeri and instructs them to follow him. They make their way through the Citadel, passing through many gates that serve to protect the fortress. The last gate is the largest and strongest. His late ally Alorn had made the gate strong and solid, but upon the creation of the Citadel Gazardiel had decorated it with images of glory and beauty. Mortals giving up what little they have in sacrifice for a greater cause, divine beings fighting among each other. The gates open slowly at the god's wish and he makes his way outside of the Citadel with his retinue.

Gazardiel had never revealed himself to the kobolds living outside of the Citadel; they were his ally's creatures. Now, however, it was his duty as a friend to take leadership over them. The retinue walks a short distance through the rolling hills that are found directly outside the Citadel before coming across the kobold village where Gazardiel explains to the kobolds that he will be seeing to their well-being with the departure of yet another of their gods. He would do the same with the Vardr and the humans on the mortal plane as Maedro, High King of the Lunaeri.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm using "Guide Populous" on the Vardr, kobolds, and humans as requested by Alorn. I want to read up on some more of the RP for the other races before RPing them out myself, I think. The humans haven't had much RP at all, so I don't recall much about where they live and such.

The Realm of the Dryads

On a crisp and cool night, the sound of music and laughter catches the attention of a couple of young saplings. Following the sounds, they come across a hilly clearing. There they see many young humanoids dancing and singing under the moon and stars. A few stand to the side, swaying with the music as they play along on a variety of instruments: lutes, pipes, and lyres. All of the beings are small of stature and appear to be only children. Their kindness and joy are immediately evident in their big, green eyes, so it is clear that they are no danger to the dryads. The sounds they make with their instruments and their voices are organized in a way as to create a sound that is beautiful to the ear.

"Hello!" booms a young male voice, startling the mesmerized dryads. "I am Findol, one of the wood folk!" One of the humanoids, a boy with tan skin and chestnut hair, walks towards the dryads. "We are the children of Gazardiel and of the forest! Please, come join us in our celebration!" he says as he beckons to the dryads and skips back towards the party.

Tamriel

The High King had returned to the cities of the Lunaeri and the kobolds and informed them of the crimes committed against their people. Shortly after, both cities were ringing with the sounds of preparations for war. They were not sure who their enemy was yet, but they would be ready to fight them once their king gave the orders.

Though the Lunaeri are focused on war preparations, they had also been introduced to the powerful and mysterious arcane magic recently. Their knowledge is small and their power limited for they have learned very little of it yet. Having already mastered grace magic, though, they are not completely baffled by its properties. This magic is different; it is deep and its power comes from an altogether different source - one that they know nothing of yet.

Music, too, was becoming common in Tamriel and a signature quality of the Lunaeri. Their music is different from their forest cousins, the wood folk. It is mournful and sad and sung almost always in the High Lunaeri tongue, one that is understood by few outsiders. Cursed and blessed with their own immortality, they sing mournful lamentations that are beautiful yet haunting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 10AP (7AP/3PAP) [7AP + 3AP (Rollover 5.3.12) = 10AP]

Teach Concept [Arcane Magic - Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact

Create Combat Artifact [Moonbeam]: 1AP + Angel's Forge + Preservation Domain. Gazardiel's longsword; the blade is pale white and gives off light.

Guide Populace [Moon Kobolds]: 1AP from Alorn

Guide Populace [Humans]: 1AP from Alorn

Guide Populace [Vardr]: 1AP from Alorn

Create Concept [Music]: Beauty Domain + 2AP

Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2PAP. This puts me at level 8 (Caster: 2, Warrior: 6)
    Spending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Pantheon [Cosmic Conclave]: 1AP + Preservation Domain
    Intervene [Immortality - The Lunaeri]: 1AP
    Create Organization [Paladins of the Angel]: 1AP + Lunaeri Domain
    Create Combat Artifact [Moonbeam]: 1AP + Angel's Forge + Preservation Domain

Create Race [Wood Folk/Tingwe]: 2AP. Formally they are "Tingwe", but almost everyone calls them the Wood Folk. Like the Children of the Moon, they are eternally youthful and live long lives, though they are not immortal like the Lunaeri. They are small in stature with large, green eyes and tan skin. Though they are created by Gazardiel, they revere Sephyrdiam equally for he is the patron god of nature and of their woodland kin, for the most part. They also respect Voimund, though they perceive him to be the more violent and primal side of nature, something they do not embody. The Wood Folk are a joyful people. Inspired by the Green Man, they often accompany him, dryads, and the czars as well as having small village settlements of their own. Where their cousins the Lunaeri have become stern, mournful, and cautious, the Wood Folk are carefree, peaceful, and light-hearted. They are gifted in music-making. They love the moon and stars for they are distantly descended from them and often can be found in clearings, merrymaking and dancing under the light of the celestial bodies while singing joyful tunes.

Teach Concept [Music - Wood Folk]: Free Teach Concept Action. The Wood Folk are very similar to stereotypical nature beings in lore. They make joyful music using pipes, lyres, flutes, etc.

Teach Concept [Music - Lunaeri]: Lunaeri Domain Action. Unlike the Wood Folk, Lunaeri music is mournful, a lamentation of their immortal struggles and the hardships that they face over their long lives. It is sad and slow but beautiful and moving.

Gain Portfolio Element [Revelry]: 1AP
    Spending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Create Race [Wood Folk/Tingwe]: 2AP

Ending AP: 2AP (1AP/1PAP)

Beauty Domain: Exhausted
    Preservation Domain: Exhausted
    Lunaeri Domain: Exhausted
    Sept of Gazardiel: Exhausted
    The Angel's Forge: Exhausted
    The Glorious Compact: Available
    3AP from Alorn for Guide Populous
    Revelry Portfolio Element Discount: Available

For my own sake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Race [Lunaeri]: 1AP & Beauty Domain
    Mold Land [Lunar Vale]: Preservation Domain
    Join Pantheon [Guardians]: 1AP & Preservation Domain
    Create Plane (with Guardians) [The Citadel]: 1PAP
    Create Utility Artifact [Sept of Gazardiel] (Teach Populace Artifact): 2AP & Beauty Domain
    Create Concept [Grace Magic]: 2AP & Preservation Domain
    Teach Populace [Grace Magic - The Lunaeri]: 1 Free Teach Populace Action
    Gain Portfolio Element [Lunaeri-kind]: 1PAP
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2AP
    Create Avatar [Maedro, High King of the Lunaeri, the Shining One]: Lunaeri-kind Portfolio Discount + 2AP
    Mold Land [Gardens of the Moon]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Metalworking - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Gain Domain [Lunaeri]: 1PAP + 1AP
    Create Utility Artifact [The Angel's Forge]: Preservation Domain & 2AP
    Create Subrace [Gryphons]: Lunaeri Domain
    Create Combat artifact [The Guardian's Shield]: Preservation Domain, the Angel's Forge, and 1AP
    Mold Land [Golden Caverns]: Lunaeri Domain
    Intervene [Underground Kobolds - Gold Lust]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Domestication - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel
    Teach Populace [Cremation - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Intervene [Mural of "Friendship", Kobolds and Lunaeri]: Beauty Domain
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2PAP
    Teach Concept [Music - Wood Folk]: Free Teach Concept Action
    Teach Concept [Music - Lunaeri]: Lunaeri Domain Action
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Voimond - the Void

"I am glad to see you have awoken from your rest in good spirits. I look forward to seeing how your powers will shape this world. I would call you ally and brother if you would be so inclined."

Spoiler
    Show
    extending an invitation for you to join the Blood Line, a pantheon composed of a loose collection of deities who recognize their mutual power tied to their blood. Being allies, liking the other gods, or even getting along with them is not required. Even opposing them and attacking them is perfectly cool. All the rp you have to do is fluff having a bit of your essence flow to the Lunar Temple where it will manifest itself as a shrine to your god. Most of us have at least a respect for each others' prowess, however.
    Asmar nods, "Krosis los Kuu'Ruuk Yol." he says, invoking power and sealing the alliance. His essence flows to the Lunar Temple, creating a statue of himself, coiled and deep in thought. Furthermore, he pledged his fang and claw to those of his brothers who required his assistance.

Spike - Wyrmsmeet Valley - Renewed Contact

A juvenile star dragon approaches the valley, calling out, "Hi, cousins! I am Spike! My mother, Twilight Sparkle, has sent me to convey your greetings and ask if you understand about all this new magic we've been experiencing!" This particular star dragon had a ridge of spikes down his back, breaking up the smooth scales of most specimens.
    "Krosis, brother..." spoke one of the most majestic voices in the world. The Dragon Emperor, Asmallus, emerging from a cave nearby. "Kuu'Ruuk, peace... may your scales shine brightly, son of Twilight." Six other dragons emerged, bowing their heads. "I am Emperor Asmallus, and we six, are the last of our kind."

Tamriel

Asmar's invocation had far reaching effects, shaking the great mountain range in the northwest of Tamriel. There, great dragons had arisen. Black in color, and vicious in temperament. These Black Dragons let loose primal roars, descending from the mountains to raze nearby villages to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 AP - 2 AP - 1 AP = 9 AP
    Create Race: the Black Dragons are enormous, evil dragons who's cruel attitudes bring them to cause destruction on anything that they see as a viable target.
    Join Pantheon: The Blood Line
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2012-05-10 at 06:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

The Vashta Nerada
    The plague of shadows has been growing slowly. It is hard to hunt only as a shadow, you can't go into the light or your prey will flee. So the population grew very slowly, feeding on the weak and the dead. But now the living shadows have reached the Twilight forests, a haven for their kind. And while the prey may too big for them now, at least there is more that can be taken down. And all those dragons, with two shadows...
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Creepy Masked Girl, Wood Onari Capital

The little girl floats towards the scene of the slaughter. "Oh dear... what a gruesome sight indeed." she says as she begins to inspect the corpse of the Queen. "Very crude work... her Majesty was not assassinated. An assassination would be much cleaner...and quiet as well. No. This is pure murder." She says to the white winged kobold. "Time is running out however... seems I shall have to increase my efforts." Landing on the ground, the girl's shadow seems to stretch and connects to all shadows near her. All of a sudden, shadowy forms resembling the girl's silhouette gather near her. "Scatter my shadows. Stalk everyone in this land until you find the evidence I seek." Upon her command, the girl's shadows go off to do her bidding. Turning around, the Creepy Masked Girl looks at the corpses of the assailants "Odd... I wonder what killed these gentlemen?" she asks to the winged kobold.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Massacre]

Given the claw marks on the bodies of the Bloodthieves, first and second generation alike, as well as the fact that there are quite a few Banth corpses about, the Creepy Masked Girl can likely tell that both sides wounded each other so badly that they all died there.

Of course, the placement of the bodies isn't necessarily consistent with that, nor is how torn apart the Queen Mother is, though that's harder to tell, since it probably requires figuring out how many Bloodthieves it would have taken to inflict such damage, and/or realizing that they probably wouldn't all be around the throne if that was what went on.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Arziak frowns, noticing that his plane lacked any intelligent life- it had the simplest flora and fauna, but no one to worship him. He focuses his power, and in a green flash of light, a number of Kobolds, Vardr, Humans, and Opalescent Dragons appear- Arziak specifically chooses individuals who had learned arcane magic. Hello, sirs and madams. I am Arziak, the god who granted you your new skills, and this is the plane of Ayorren. You will be living here for the time being, and I promise that your powers will grow enormously. The archmage then disappears.

Spoiler
    Show

Ap 0= 0-0 (sorcery domain)
    Intervene: send some members of said races to Ayorren.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

Sephyrdiam- No Fancy Title Today

At hearing Voimond's words, calling the newly returned Dragon God a brother, Sephyrdiam simply leaves. Not in a flurry of leaves, however. This time he is merely content enough to walk amidst the stars. He is heading once more towards the tower of Yiasial, if not to simply listen to his worshipers in clarity, as well as being alone.

Dryad Party!

One of the more spunky floral Dryads of the Air walks up to him. "Hi! My name's Laurel. We'd love to party with you!"

She soon skipped off after the young mortal, and soon the small party of Dryads behind her followed. They all danced late into the night, taking part of the revelry betwixt the creations of two deities 'neath the shining moon and shimmering waters.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Lunar Vale

The cities of Tamriel and Gamouth are not unprepared for the attack of the black dragons, though it was not the enemy they suspected. The firey breath of their new neighbors destroys a large part of the Gardens of the Moon and their farmlands before the lunaeri and kobolds can respond.

Kobold levy archers issue out of the gates of Gamouth, aiming for the menacing creatures. Hardly the best weapon against dragons, but it is the best the kobolds have. Meanwhile, lunaeri gryphon riders prepare for battle in Tamriel. House Vanyar is famed for its beast riders and they make up most of the host. Clad in enameled armor in the colors of their family, scarlet and gold, the Vanyar host takes to the sky. Gryphons and dragons, rivals of the skies, grapple each other and clash mid-flight. Some of the riders wield deadly lances capable of piercing the thickest of hides. A small group of the king's paladins ride with the Vanyar host to aid them with their knowledge of grace magic.

Realm of the Dryads: The Dryads and Wood Folk

"Ha-ho!" laughs Findol as dawn begins to creep up on them. "You dryads sure know how to have a good time! It is our hope that you will pass on the songs and sounds you have learned here tonight to your own people, our friends of the forest." Coincidentally, a laurel of greenery rests on the boy's chestnut curls, the one speaking with Laurel. Realizing the situation he's in, he blushes. Taking off the laurel, he offers it to the dryad with a smile. "I hope you don't mind. We give the greatest respect to nature of course. I hope we can still be friends?

Upon our creation the father instilled in us a basic knowledge of nature, but we are very new to this world. It would be the greatest of pleasures if you would take us under your wing and show us more of the ways of the forest. We hope to stay here for a very long time!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 5AP (3AP/2PAP) [2AP + 3AP (Rollover 5.10.12) = 5AP]

Teach Concept [Music - Dryads]: Beauty Domain Action

Ending AP: 5AP (3AP/2PAP)

Beauty Domain: Exhausted
    Preservation Domain: Available
    Lunaeri Domain: Available
    Sept of Gazardiel: Available
    The Angel's Forge: Available
    The Glorious Compact: Available
    1AP from Revelry Portfolio Purchase

For my own sake:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Create Race [Lunaeri]: 1AP & Beauty Domain
    Mold Land [Lunar Vale]: Preservation Domain
    Join Pantheon [Guardians]: 1AP & Preservation Domain
    Create Plane (with Guardians) [The Citadel]: 1PAP
    Create Utility Artifact [Sept of Gazardiel] (Teach Populace Artifact): 2AP & Beauty Domain
    Create Concept [Grace Magic]: 2AP & Preservation Domain
    Teach Populace [Grace Magic - The Lunaeri]: 1 Free Teach Populace Action
    Gain Portfolio Element [Lunaeri-kind]: 1PAP
    Create Avatar [Maedro, High King of the Lunaeri, the Shining One]: Lunaeri-kind Portfolio Discount + 2AP
    Mold Land [Gardens of the Moon]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Metalworking - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Gain Domain [Lunaeri]: 1PAP + 1AP
    Create Utility Artifact [The Angel's Forge]: Preservation Domain & 2AP
    Create Subrace [Gryphons]: Lunaeri Domain
    Create Combat artifact [The Guardian's Shield]: Preservation Domain, the Angel's Forge, and 1AP
    Mold Land [Golden Caverns]: Lunaeri Domain
    Intervene [Underground Kobolds - Gold Lust]: Beauty Domain
    Teach Populace [Domestication - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel
    Teach Populace [Cremation - The Lunaeri]: Sept of Gazardiel Utility Artifact
    Intervene [Mural of "Friendship", Kobolds and Lunaeri]: Beauty Domain
    Gain Divine Level [Warrior]: 2PAP
    Teach Concept [Music - Wood Folk]: Free Teach Concept Action
    Teach Concept [Music - Lunaeri]: Lunaeri Domain Action
    Teach Concept [Music - Dryads]: Beauty Domain Action
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler