New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Kel and Silvan land down in front of the guard station. Kel then calls out, Hello! This is urgent! I have an accomplice of the murderer of Dagoc, the barkeep who was cut in half. The man is currently subdued and unconscious. I would much appreciate manacles so he does not flee when he wakes up.
    One of the guys there says "We could just throw him in one of the holding cells. We only have the one set of manacles right now, and the head guard just left carrying them."

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    There was a brief incident, but it is resolved now. Imaran feels the slightest sneer come over his lips, but manages to repress it -- the inefficiency of the law in this city was staggering!
    "I don't like your tone..."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-04 at 09:11 AM.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu63 View Post
    One of the guys there says "We could just throw him in one of the holding cells. We only have the one set of manacles right now, and the head guard just left carrying them."
    Kel nods and thinks to himself a bit, [i]Only ONE pair of manacles? What is with the law enforcement of this city?! I am surprised nothing else had happened before this murder that I could have helped with. Kel realizes that there is still someone in front of him. [color=lightgreen]Of course, I am unsure what this man can do and am unsure if he can work magic of any kind. Since I do not believe you have an anti magic cell I will do this. Kel then uses blinding spittle and pours it into the unconscious man's eyes. Don't worry it is non damaging. It just prevents him from seeing. It won't wear off until he can find some water to wash it off. Place him in the holding cell then and if you have something that could restrict his hand movements and something that could gag him that would be wonderful. Also when is the head guard returning? I imagine he will have some questions for me and why I am dropping a man into his prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, I am unsure what this man can do and am unsure if he can work magic of any kind. Since I do not believe you have an anti magic cell I will do this."
    "Given that do have an anti-magic cell, that was un-needed." The man at the desk is clearly unamused. "And the captain was heading off to go look into a disturbance at the market place."
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-04 at 03:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

"Given that do have an anti-magic cell, that was un-needed." The man at the desk is clearly unamused. "And the captain was heading off to go look into a disturbance at the market place."
    They have an ANTIMAGIC cell but only have ONE pair of manacles!? What would they of done if we had managed to subdue Curmion and his colleagues? Only take one of them? Kel straightens himself, Eh, better safe than sorry. I shall stay here and await his return. The disturbance in the marketplace was caused by the this man and his allies. I am sure the men who helped me subdue this one will explain the situation but just to make sure I shall stay here.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jesskya, what you say we circle round?
    Spoiler
    Show

The unicorn, bucks onto two legs quickly turning round even in the tiny ammount of space she has available to her.
    And dashed back up the alleyway into the open market once again.

There they see one of the men from their strange party of sorts flying above the city and attempt to use him as a guide to cut off the fleeing men.

As they go Jesskya searches for anymore evil men with her Sence Evil and Halaza searches more for the Dragonblood that got away.
    You don't find any evil in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    After spotting one of the members of that group, Tarmikos hops off of the building, landing on his feet. He then attempts to slowly shadow the man, hoping that his spell and the busyness of the city will keep him hidden, and ensure his passage to where the hit men may meet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank God it's a Minute per Level for Invisibility and Expeditious Retreat. I was so biased against magic for a while, but it's just too convenient not to make use of...

Jump Check to ignore 10 ft. of falling damage: Auto success with a +23 Mod
    Tumble Check to ignore 10 ft. of falling damage: (1d20+8)[24] vs. DC 15
    BK Hide Check to ensure the man can't see me: (1d20+22)[38] (Invisibility rocks)
    BK Move Silently Check to ensure the man can't hear me: (1d20+2)[8] (this will probably make or break what I'm trying to do)

I can only go at half speed, otherwise the Dc increases. Thank goodness for Quick -and- Expeditious Retreat, so I can still move at 35 ft. rather than 15.
    He hears you, and responds by turning around and saying "Why are you following me?"

They have an ANTIMAGIC cell but only have ONE pair of manacles!? What would they of done if we had managed to subdue Curmion and his colleagues? Only take one of them? Kel straightens himself, Eh, better safe than sorry. I shall stay here and await his return. The disturbance in the marketplace was caused by the this man and his allies. I am sure the men who helped me subdue this one will explain the situation but just to make sure I shall stay here.
    "Very well. Let me show you the way." He leads you to a cell. Along the way, you see a large number of maps. "Sorry about the mess, some thieves keep stealing uniforms, along with everything else."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"I don't like your tone..."
    "Calm down. A murderer was in the area, and a few of the more powerful individuals in the area did battle with him. It was not significant, and leads are being followed up on as we speak." Jorah does not seem very interested in the words he speaks, and, in fact, is not paying much attention to the dwarf at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: 10

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shazek View Post
    "Calm down. A murderer was in the area, and a few of the more powerful individuals in the area did battle with him. It was not significant, and leads are being followed up on as we speak." Jorah does not seem very interested in the words he speaks, and, in fact, is not paying much attention to the dwarf at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: 10
    He says "Well where are these people then..." He seems to be more then a little ticked off.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Jorah sighs at the dwarf's pestering. "I assume you mean those of us who were involved? Do I have reason to believe that you are honest in your words? Could you not be one of his accomplices? It would be rather foolish of me to give you information without proof you are not in league with the man. Tell me, how do I know you are truly uninvolved?"

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorah sighs at the dwarf's pestering. "I assume you mean those of us who were involved? Do I have reason to believe that you are honest in your words? Could you not be one of his accomplices? It would be rather foolish of me to give you information without proof you are not in league with the man. Tell me, how do I know you are truly uninvolved?"
    "Ah, very true. If you wish, my underlings back at the guard's post can attest to me having been there until about 5 minutes ago."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"There is no need for that. I am capable of magically ensuring the veracity of your statements myself. Now, Speak the Truth. You can no longer lie in my presence, for a short time at least. What is your official capacity, if any in this city? Why are you searching for the disturbance you mentioned prior. To the best of your knowledge, have you rendered unlawful assistance to any murderer or other criminal in the past? Do you harbor any ill intent towards myself or the others who battled this murderer?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Zone of Truth. Nobody may lie within 20 feet of my current location for the next 7 minutes unless they succeed on a DC 16 Will save immediately.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is no need for that. I am capable of magically ensuring the veracity of your statements myself. Now, Speak the Truth. You can no longer lie in my presence, for a short time at least. What is your official capacity, if any in this city? Why are you searching for the disturbance you mentioned prior. To the best of your knowledge, have you rendered unlawful assistance to any murderer or other criminal in the past? Do you harbor any ill intent towards myself or the others who battled this murderer?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Zone of Truth. Nobody may lie within 20 feet of my current location for the next 7 minutes unless they succeed on a DC 16 Will save immediately.
    "I am the head chief of the guards in this city. I'm out here to find out why the was a big fight in the middle of the market!" He says "And get that stupid spell out of here!" before attempting to remove your spell.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dispel Magic, as a 6st level cleric.
    (1d20+6)[12] vs DC 18

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"You did not answer all my questions. For all I know, you could be blackmailed or somehow mind controlled. My queries still stand. Have you aided criminals in the past? Do you wish harm to me or the others who fought the murderer here? And, for that matter, what do you know of a man named Cruorin?"

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

"Very well. Let me show you the way." He leads you to a cell. Along the way, you see a large number of maps. "Sorry about the mess, some thieves keep stealing uniforms, along with everything else."
    Kel points towards the maps on the wall, Shouldn't the fact that thieves have stolen some guard uniforms be more broadcast to the city? I am almost certain the thieves would be abusing those uniforms. Extorting the citizens and such. And do you know who exactly is breaking in?

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

"You did not answer all my questions. For all I know, you could be blackmailed or somehow mind controlled. My queries still stand. Have you aided criminals in the past? Do you wish harm to me or the others who fought the murderer here? And, for that matter, what do you know of a man named Cruorin?"
    "If you were in the fight out here, I will have to take you in for questioning, but if you are as innocent as you claim to be, then that shouldn't be a problem. I've never heard of any one by the name of Cruorin, and I stop crime, so of course I don't help with it. Now get this stupid spell out of here."

Kel points towards the maps on the wall, Shouldn't the fact that thieves have stolen some guard uniforms be more broadcast to the city? I am almost certain the thieves would be abusing those uniforms. Extorting the citizens and such. And do you know who exactly is breaking in?
    "See, and that's what I said. But she didn't want to scare the people. How's that going now...?" He says, with a sarcastic tone of voice for the last line. "Ah, here we are." He opens the doors to a cell. "Just throw 'em in here."

Quote Originally Posted by Psymple View Post
    There they see one of the men from their strange party of sorts flying above the city and attempt to use him as a guide to cut off the fleeing men.
    The fleeing men either vanish into the crowded marketplace, or are still in the alleyways.
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-04-05 at 09:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral leans against the alley wall, listening to the tedious back and forth between Jorah and the self-righteous guard captain.
    What a waste of time. I have always wanted to see the inside of a guard station, though... so many opportunities to find new targets. Maybe I can find new prey and show up this city's incompetent watch at the same time. He chuckles. Swaggering into the light, he walks right up to the armed dwarf and stares him right in the eye.
    "I was here, if it makes a difference."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-05 at 10:04 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Lyral leans against the alley wall, listening to the tedious back and forth between Jorah and the self-righteous guard captain.
    What a waste of time. I have always wanted to see the inside of a guard station, though... so many opportunities to find new targets. Maybe I can find new prey and show up this city's incompetent watch at the same time. He chuckles. Swaggering into the light, he walks right up to the armed dwarf and stares him right in the eye.
    "I was here, if it makes a difference."
    "Well then, could you tell me who else was here?"

(Bear in mind that you just entered Jorah's Zone of Truth)

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

"Glad to. A troll and a unicorn fought off Cruorin." He smiles benevolently at the officer as he tells his simplified tale, all the while maintaining an easy, nonthreatening stance.
    This is all much too easy. I've forgotten the simple pleasure of playing with the minds of fools.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2012-04-05 at 06:24 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Lia
    "Uh oh, I don't like the way this is going,"
    I whisper to Zrekha. "Lunch will have to wait. Catch you around!"

"Vanish!"

I turn invisible, and stealthily make my way away from the scene.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

"Glad to. A troll and a unicorn fought off Cruorin." He smiles benevolently at the officer as he tells his simplified tale, all the while maintaining an easy, nonthreatening stance.
    This is all much too easy. I've forgotten the simple pleasure of playing with the minds of fools.
    "Is that all of them? And who is this Cruorin person?"

20. - Top - End - #440
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarmikos freezes in place, frozen by fear as his target notices he's being followed. Maybe he doesn't know exactly where I am.... I might be able to still make this work, then.

Holding his breath, he reaches into his pocket for a gold coin. "Time for a trick." he mutters to himself, as he imbues the coin with magic. Palming it for just a moment, Tarmikos throws it into a nearby wall, hoping that the man might notice where the coin goes, rather than where it came from.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Move Silently Check: (1d20+2)[20]

Dang. I didn't mean to roll that in the main thread. Thank goodness I didn't need to roll a Hide Check, too. Go Invisibility!

Casted Spymaster's Coin... on the coin.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-06 at 02:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames
    Tarmikos freezes in place, frozen by fear as his target notices he's being followed. Maybe he doesn't know exactly where I am.... I might be able to still make this work, then.

Holding his breath, he reaches into his pocket for a gold coin. Time for a trick. he mutters to himself, as he imbues the coin with magic. Palming it for just a moment, Tarmikos throws it into a nearby wall, hoping that the man might notice where the coin goes, rather than where it came from.
    He turns to follow the sound, and spots the coin, dropping it into his bag. You remain unseen.

Spoiler
    Show
    And yes, that does give you the distraction you wanted.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Algrith, after a few minutes of flying around searching for the runaways to no avail, returns to where Imaran and the others are.

So, has anything come of this yet?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Heh. I can't believe that worked! Tarmikos thought, having to stop himself from pumping his arm in victory. I better be careful of whatever I decide to pick up. I bet I'd fall for a trick like that hook, line, and sinker.

Tarmikos takes a moment to look around, and then attempts to hide behind anything he can, hoping to make as little noise as possible while moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Move Silently Check: (1d20+2)[18]

I assume I still don't need to roll Hide Checks, since I'm invisible.

My dance to the Dice Rolling Gods worked! Thank goodness I was wearing the Ceremonial Attire and provided the Sacrifice...
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-06 at 01:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Lyral smiles. The captain didn't even flinch at his obviously aggravatingly vague answer. His deductive skills certainly were sound.
    "I was there too, as was he," he says, pointing to Jorah and grinning. Implicating an ally is always fun business.
    "I don't know Cruorin personally, just that he is a wanted killer. He was here earlier, but escaped."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Colossus in the Playground

The half-orc, first, smacks the palm of her hand against her forehead and lets out a deep sigh. "I do not like this city. It sucks." Zrekha climbs down from the rooftop like a spider; then begins to wander through the alleys, searching for anyone she can rough up.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. I can't believe that worked! Tarmikos thought, having to stop himself from pumping his arm in victory. I better be careful of whatever I decide to pick up. I bet I'd fall for a trick like that hook, line, and sinker.

Tarmikos takes a moment to look around, and then attempts to hide behind anything he can, hoping to make as little noise as possible while moving.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Move Silently Check: (1d20+2)[18]

I assume I still don't need to roll Hide Checks, since I'm invisible.

My dance to the Dice Rolling Gods worked! Thank goodness I was wearing the Ceremonial Attire and provided the Sacrifice...
    You follow him through the quite streets, unheard. he runs through some kind of secret door in a nearby wall, which closes behind him.

Lyral smiles. The captain didn't even flinch at his obviously aggravatingly vague answer. His deductive skills certainly were sound.
    "I was there too, as was he," he says, pointing to Jorah and grinning. Implicating an ally is always fun business.
    "I don't know Cruorin personally, just that he is a wanted killer. He was here earlier, but escaped."
    "Very well." He turns to Jorah. "You have anything to say...?"

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

"I do not. With that said, perhaps we should leave this Zone of Truth? I fear I cannot simply end it, though a few minutes should do the trick."

Jorah turns and walks a good twenty feet from where he had been, and calls out, "This seems to be the edge of the spell's range, officer.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

"See, and that's what I said. But she didn't want to scare the people. How's that going now...?" He says, with a sarcastic tone of voice for the last line. "Ah, here we are." He opens the doors to a cell. "Just throw 'em in here."
    Kel rests the man agains the wall of the cell and exits the cell, Maybe after this incident we can get her to inform the public. It is a very crucial piece of information.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Perfect. Absolutely Perfect. Tarmikos nods vigorously to himself as he watches his mark disappear through the secret passage. Not only do we have a way to check them inside, but we even know where they go! I thought today might be fruitless, but after all this time I'm finally getting some results!

Tarmikos looks around, memorizing the layout of this location. I still have that coin on him, but it'd be terrible if I forgot this place.... Hopefully no one has detected me yet... As he looks around, he makes sure to check if he himself hears or sees anything out of the ordinary, or anyone might notice him.

As much as I'd love to go through that door right now, I knew from the moment I entered this city I won't be able to do this without help. After surveying his position, Tarmikos starts to head back to where he assumed the others were. Hopefully they're still around... Nice bunch of people.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Hide Check: (1d20+22)[27]
    Bk Move Silently Check: (1d20+2)[7]
    Bk Spot Check: (1d20+3)[19]
    Listen Check: (1d20+7)[10]

Eww... a -5- on Hide and Move Silently. Gaud I -hate- being Fatigued... How long has it been now since the fight ended? 10 minutes feels like an eternity...

And a -3- on my Listen Check? Boy it is not my day to roll... at least my Spot didn't suck.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-04-07 at 07:24 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not. With that said, perhaps we should leave this Zone of Truth? I fear I cannot simply end it, though a few minutes should do the trick."

Jorah turns and walks a good twenty feet from where he had been, and calls out, "This seems to be the edge of the spell's range, officer.
    "Ah, very well." he says, walking to join you outside the spell.

Perfect. Absolutely Perfect. Tarmikos nods vigorously to himself as he watches his mark disappear through the secret passage. Not only do we have a way to check them inside, but we even know where they go! I thought today might be fruitless, but after all this time I'm finally getting some results!

Tarmikos looks around, memorizing the layout of this location. I still have that coin on him, but it'd be terrible if I forgot this place.... Hopefully no one has detected me yet... As he looks around, he makes sure to check if he himself hears or sees anything out of the ordinary, or anyone might notice him.

As much as I'd love to go through that door right now, I knew from the moment I entered this city I won't be able to do this without help. After surveying his position, Tarmikos starts to head back to where he assumed the others were. Hopefully they're still around... Nice bunch of people.

Spoiler
    Show
    BK Hide Check: (1d20+22)[27]
    Bk Move Silently Check: (1d20+2)[7]
    Bk Spot Check: (1d20+3)[19]
    Listen Check: (1d20+7)[10]

Eww... a -5- on Hide and Move Silently. Gaud I -hate- being Fatigued... How long has it been now since the fight ended? 10 minutes feels like an eternity...

And a -3- on my Listen Check? Boy it is not my day to roll... at least my Spot didn't suck.
    After a brief look around, you should be able to return here. You return to the original location, and see a dwarf moving to stand near Jorah.

Spoiler
    Show
    Those checks will not be needed. BTW, what is this "BK" you keep putting there for?

Kel rests the man agains the wall of the cell and exits the cell, Maybe after this incident we can get her to inform the public. It is a very crucial piece of information.
    "Maybe, but I doubt she'll listen to me, or anyone for that matter. Even the chief can get through her thick skull." He pauses for a moment "OK, the chief could get through, but that is with his hammer, not his words." He chuckles at his little joke.