New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XIII: Do Clockwork Penguins Dream of Mechanical Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Entrance]

The entirely of NO is not in fact gone. For example, this player in particular has two characters who are members of NO and not gone on a mission, and he knows others do as well. So the warrior will have to wait for the door to be answered, rather than godmodding his way into the base.

When it is answered, he'll find a sharply dressed drow there to greet him. "Can I help you?" He asks as he leans on the door frame.
    Well it's even better in that case. It's can be hard for one to keep track of dozens of nexus characters and their plot clones over numerous threads!

"Perhaps. Are you a recruiter?"

Vordenar glances at the man next to him. It wouldn't be nice for the drow to ignore him.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Depends. You looking to join? Because we don't just take anyone that comes in off the street." Kirk replies, looking over Vordenar skeptically.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Depends. You looking to join? Because we don't just take anyone that comes in off the street." Kirk replies, looking over Vordenar skeptically.
    "I would hope not. I wouldn't be inclined to join otherwise."

Vordenar returns Kirk the favor and looks him over as well.

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

The man in the suit is fine with being ignored as he is still covered in deadtime and I should be fairly busy at work today with little time to post till later this afternoon. After that though he would love to talk about hiring some mercenaries.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

((Sorry, McBish. Must've missed your post.))

[Front Door]

In another timeline, the door is opened by the exact same drow. "Hello. Do you need something?" He asks. With any luck it'll be for work. He's sure a few of the members could use something to do.

[Entrance]

Kirk nods. "Alright then. What can you do? Any particular skills, training, that sort of thing. You'll have to fill out a form as well." The drow beckons for him to follow him inside, where Kirk will retrieve a form and pen and hand them over.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Door]

In another timeline, the door is opened by the exact same drow. "Hello. Do you need something?" He asks. With any luck it'll be for work. He's sure a few of the members could use something to do.

[Entrance]

Kirk nods. "Alright then. What can you do? Any particular skills, training, that sort of thing. You'll have to fill out a form as well." The drow beckons for him to follow him inside, where Kirk will retrieve a form and pen and hand them over.
    ((For whatever reason the previous image of Vordenar had a bad gateway. I updated the post in case appearances change anything.))

The Shadar Kai will follow Kirk into the building and accept the paper and pen. On it he writes-

Name: Vordenar
    Race: Shadar Kai
    Profession: Sellsword
    Reason for joining: Mercenaries need work.
    Possible services offered to would-be employers: Combat prowess, intimidation, bounty hunter

"I was a gladiator for 17 years and since then I've become a mercenary. A person learns much about combat when they've been fighting their entire life. If you have enough agents in the field I could also do security if need be."
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2013-01-16 at 03:01 PM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Kirk takes the sheet and looks it over. "Alright. My name's Kirk Locke. I'm a lieutenant around here. that means I'm second only to the boss himself. Dipsnig Razortooth. Short guy, you'll see him around I'm sure. Members get a room and access to the rest of the base for the most part. Private areas are obviously private. As long as you're not just going to sit around here and mooch off us, welcome aboard. Any questions?"

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

The large man in the suit smiles at Kirk, and he obviously doesn't have much practice smiling, it gives off a sort of creepy vibe.

"Yes I was hoping to speak to someone about placing a bounty on an indvidual."

((No problems, I promptly forgot that you had responded anyways.))
    Last edited by McBish; 2013-01-16 at 01:37 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"You came to the right place. We don't take hits, though, so I hope you want them alive." Kirk steps aside to allow him entry. "Come on inside and we'll work out the details."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

The man nods and steps inside.

"That is fine, alive and able to talk would be good. Her name is Amelia Jones, and I had hired her to retrive two objects from an dangerous dungeon. Now it appears that she doesn't want to deliver the objects, a key and a book. I have been unable to find her since she killed two of my men I sent to retrive the objects. I was hoping someone here would have better luck."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

Kirk's eyebrows shoot up when he hears she's already killed two of his people. "I'm sure someone is up to the challenge. Anything more you can tell me about these objects and the thief herself? We'll need to know where to start looking, and how to know it's her."

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

The man reaches into his coat and pulls out a photo and hands it to Kirk. It looks like a survellience photo taken from a distance of a young human woman in her late 20's. She has dark brown slightly curly hair reaching down to her shoulders. She is wearing an old brown leather jacket and ordering a cup of coffee from a street vendor. She looks to be in exellent shape.

"That is her. Amelia Jones, a skilled sword fighter that can summon solid light as weapons. I meet her at the Red Eye Tavern when I hired her, and she seemed like a regular there. Maybe you could find her there, unfortently the adress I had to contact her at isn't one she is using anymore.

As for the items, they are magical and very old. I haven't ever seen them so I can't give much better of a description."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

Kirk takes the sheet and looks it over. "Alright. My name's Kirk Locke. I'm a lieutenant around here. that means I'm second only to the boss himself. Dipsnig Razortooth. Short guy, you'll see him around I'm sure. Members get a room and access to the rest of the base for the most part. Private areas are obviously private. As long as you're not just going to sit around here and mooch off us, welcome aboard. Any questions?"
    [Main Room]

Vordenar gives Kirk a slight nod of the head out of respect.

"No need to worry about that. I'm an active sort of person and have no interest in being a leech. I do have a question however. As a fledgling I'd prefer to get started right away, so what is it that needs to be done during off-times?"

Nexus FFRP Characters

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

Kirk shrugs. "Unfortunately, not a lot. You'll have to find something to do on your own during your downtime." Kirk snaps his fingers at a nearby mechanical penguin of all things. It walks over to them. "If you want a tour, this thing will show you around and tell you most of the basics. Feel free to pick out a room for yourself while you're in the members quarters."

The tour can be handwaved whenever he wants to take it. Just look at the OP of the thread to get the gist of the base layout and what's around. Should be enough there for you to go on.

[Front Door]

"Alright, that should be enough for us to go on with any luck." Kirk grabs a contract form (found in the OP) and offers it to the man., "Fill this out, please. And I assume we can keep the picture?"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

The man takes the form and fillsit out before handing it back to Kirk.

Job: Capture Amelia Jones or Retrive Magic Book and Key from Her
    Hired by: Edward Totoy
    Target: Amelia Jones (McBish)
    Job assigned to:
    Payment: Gold, 2 thousand (Per item retrived) or 4 thousand for Amelia. plus expenses
    Notes: Amelia is known to be dangerous, having killed several people sent after her, (NPC's.)

"I hope that the payment is acceptable to you?"[/color]
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

Kirk looks over the form. "Make it two thousand per item and four for Amelia and you have a deal." The drow says.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

Edward thinks about it for a few seconds and nods. "Very well we have a deal then." He will also provide a phone number and email address to get ahold of him, no regualar street address though.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Excellent. We'll be in touch when we catch her. Have a good day." Kirk will open the door for him when he leaves.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Exellent, I look forward to hearing from you."

And with that the man in the suit will return to his car and drive away.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

Kirk shrugs. "Unfortunately, not a lot. You'll have to find something to do on your own during your downtime." Kirk snaps his fingers at a nearby mechanical penguin of all things. It walks over to them. "If you want a tour, this thing will show you around and tell you most of the basics. Feel free to pick out a room for yourself while you're in the members quarters."

The tour can be handwaved whenever he wants to take it. Just look at the OP of the thread to get the gist of the base layout and what's around. Should be enough there for you to go on.

[Front Door]

"Alright, that should be enough for us to go on with any luck." Kirk grabs a contract form (found in the OP) and offers it to the man., "Fill this out, please. And I assume we can keep the picture?"
    "Fair enough then."

Once the clockwork penguin shows up Vordenar's eyes light up. He was a man of war and hardened combat. He had suffered through several misfortunes and in general was an uncaring and blunt individual. It was very rare for him to experience anything bordering on genuine joy or true love. Yet any time he saw a penguin he would instantly be put into good spirits. For whatever reason he was enamored by the goofy waddling blubber birds. They were probably they only thing he held any affection for in this world at this point. Of course he keeps this to himself.

"You... you have penguins around here?"

((Should I go ahead and give myself a speed tour or did you mean to control the npc?))

Nexus FFRP Characters

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

((*snickers*))

Kirk raises an eyebrow, but doesn't comment on his apparent interest. "Apparently someone made them and gave them to us a long while back. before my time here at least."

((Speed tour is just fine. I don't think there's anything really special to mention on the tour. Unless he decides he wants to investigate the odd buzzing in the members' quarters, or inquire about the wasps he'll see here and there. ))

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

((*snickers*))

Kirk raises an eyebrow, but doesn't comment on his apparent interest. "Apparently someone made them and gave them to us a long while back. before my time here at least."

((Speed tour is just fine. I don't think there's anything really special to mention on the tour. Unless he decides he wants to investigate the odd buzzing in the members' quarters, or inquire about the wasps he'll see here and there. ))
    [Main Room]

"Oh, well, that was very nice of them."
    "I'll be following the penguin now."

And with that the adorable little machine lead the way with Vordenar in tow. Playing follow the leader, the mechanical penguin shows the newest member of NO the location of the infirmary, armory, kitchen, beast pens, training area and finally the member's quarters in that order. After stopping at intervals Vord prods his tour guide out of curiosity, but not before glancing around to see if anyone is looking.

"Penguin, can you speak?"

Nexus FFRP Characters

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

The penguin does not answer. It is a fairly simple clockwork automaton and such functions are beyond it.

On a side note, when Vordenar visits the beast pens, he will probably notice that there appears to be several rather large wolves in there. They regard him suspiciously and do not approach unless approached.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

{Med Lab}

Caroline and Vincent will/should appear on the floor, just inside the room, near a bed.

Caroline's leg is twisted wrong, obviously broke. She collapses, her hand gripping a camera-like object.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lab]

"That's good to hear. Some of the memebers here are pretty decent people, though, you might want to meet them. But it's up to you, of course. And I'm not sure if you've noticed the wolves wandering around the place, but either way they're perfectly tame." Dipsnig knows that most people are a little put off by big furry wolves indoors.
    [Lab]

"They must not like the smell of CB's infirmary," Rilla says, "I haven't seen any down here."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"Their trainer and I instructed them not to wander in here, actually," Dipsnig says. "Letting animals into the infirmary and the labs isn't exactly safe or hygienic, after all. Five of the wolves are only a year old and really curious." He chuckles. "Over a year ago I only had one wolf, and now I have seven."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-17 at 03:50 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Breeding pair then?" Rilla asks, "Must be nice." She muses about kids of her own. some day. Eventually. Not yet though; she's not nearly ready to just up and settle down like that. Too much distraction.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

"A breeding pair, yes. It is quite nice, although I didn't plan to start one. It just happened. I used to have one female wolf mount, but then she went and found herself a boyfriend," Dipsnig says. It occurs to him Rilla might be surprised by the concept of riding wolves.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

"Isn't riding wolves a little dangerous?"

Yep. Fairly new to her.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

[Lab]

Dipsnig nods.
    "Normally, it is. Goblins train wolves so that they're imprinted on a single rider and obey him or her, but even then they're used mostly for military purposes. I have the advantage of having a pixie druid work for me. Animals she trains are perfectly safe to be around."