New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Willow's Lab]

Winston gives the scorch marks a cursory glance, but they're not his problem. The kid walks a couple of paces away from Becca, to make room, and then waits for her to finish healing up Glamdring. When it looks like she's ready, Winston grins and tosses his Poké Ball in the air. Cue the music!

In a flash of white light, a creature emerges from the ball. It is a grey and floating thing that looks like a sheet hanging over a ball, with a horn on top and intense triangular eyes that glow with yellow light. Shuppet doesn't materialize where it should, though, instead floating way too close to Becca and Glamdring. In fact, it immediately goes to phase through both of them, giggling like a banshee while doing so.

Shuppet's ability Frisk activates, and it searches the Eevee to check if he has any Held Items. The mischievous Ghost also frisks Becca to see just how much money and items she has in her pockets and bag, though it can't of course take anything with just its ability.

Winston waits patiently, smirking, for Becca to make the first move. He seems to think he has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Park - Harnel and Harnel]

Harnel peeeeeers at the Grig.
    PEEEEEEEEEERS.
    It might be uncomfortable. But I doubt it.
    She looks him back.

"So, blue, are you going to try to and threaten me or something? Or will you just wait around for the consolation prize?"

She does not seem uncomfortable at all.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Wuh oh!

Things just got really serious!

And not silly serious either. This is smell ya later serious!

Eeveek's name will no doubt be displayed for Winston as Eeveek given that Becca named him that regardless of what the eevee insists his name actually is.

As for held items...

Eeveek has a STOLEN DISRUPTOR held at the moment! Unfortunately the item is out of CHARGES...

The eevee doesn't seem terribly phased by the presence of the ghost. Nor by its spooky laughing. He's faced far worse than this before! And he knows just how to deal with problems like this, too.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    his fur begins to wave and ripple in sourceless dark wind as moonlight pulses around his body! "EON!"

Eevee evolved into Umbreon!

"SoH quvHa' wIj pIn Becca jIH,"
    the Umbreon says in a much deeper voice. "DIchDaq taH lIj Hegh!"

And with that he will leap at the ghost Pokemon as soon as it reappears, aiming to land a vicious BITE on it!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park - Harnel]

Harnel sighs. "Even if I beat Harnel home and took Cessie for myself, I wouldn't have her love. I guess I'm getting the consolation prize."

In time he'll have her love. He'll show her his love and she'll realize she loves him and it'll be glorious!
    In the meantime, he just has blue scales to show for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #395

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley has arrived here, presumably followed by Ally. The warehouse itself looks very plain, and like one would expect a warehouse to look like. It's rather large, though. Ashley probably picked it so she could have room for all of her projects.

"So, what do you think?" she says to Ally.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel

"Okay! So, you can either come back later and get the boring one, that would turn you partially back to red, or you can stay blue and get an awesome consolation prize right now!"

She hops up and down a bit. She really wants to try that awesome prize... she thought of it just now and it will be a first for her!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Park - Harnel

Harnel rolls his eyes a little. Half-way back to red won't help anything. Might as well stay blue and get it all fixed later.

"I'll take the awesome."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Grey Zone - Warehouse]

Ashley has arrived here, presumably followed by Ally. The warehouse itself looks very plain, and like one would expect a warehouse to look like. It's rather large, though. Ashley probably picked it so she could have room for all of her projects.

"So, what do you think?" she says to Ally.
    Hmm... It doesn't look like much, but I can see the potential. Ally replies honestly. Once you start filling it up with whatever crazy magic stuff you work on, you know?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #399

[Grey Zone - Warehouse]

"Yeah. I actually picked it because it didn't look like much." Ashley walks to one of the side doors. "Hopefully, when I'm done with whatever crazy magic stuff I work on, it'll be more livable." She gestures towards the door. "You wanna see the inside?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-03-05 at 09:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel

"Okay! So, don't try to resist, please? I don't think either of us want to get stuck halfway there."

She will jump up onto his head, and look down at him.

"Oh, you might want to sit down on the off chance this makes you dizzy. It shouldn't, but there's no point risking falling over, is there?"

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"Get 'em, Glamdring! Use Bite!"

...It's debatable if she just recognized what Glamdring was gonna do and is acting like she's telling him what to do, or if it was just a coincidence.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Park - Harnel

"I AM sitting. What do you mean don't resist?" Harnel says. He's been on the bench for a little while. I don't know if his SR is voluntary or not though. Guess we'll find out!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"What?! Wait, what? Did your Eevee just evolve?!"

Winston is flabbergasted! What an amazingly lucky time to evolve into a dark type!

Shuppet cries out in pain as it is chomped on by the Umbreon. It was clearly not expecting a STAB super effective move like that! Luckily, it is a bit of a higher level than Glamdring, so the move only does around half of the Ghost Pokémon's health instead of all of it.

Winston clenches his fists.

"Shuppet! Use Will-O-Wisp to cut its attack!"

Shuppet screeches again, and blows a small ball of fire at Glamdring. The Will-O-Wisp lazily flickers over to the Umbreon; if it hits the move will inflict a nasty Burn on the Pokémon which will do periodic damage and halve the physical damage it does.

Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel

"Oh, hey, you are. When did you sit down? ANYWAY! Let's do this."

Flesh-bending magic will pour into Harnel, and he will be altered on a basic, even genetic, level. His face will change a lot, not in it's shape but in it's draconic features. He switches from the features typical of a red dragon to those of a blue dragon... and a weird feeling in his throat will probably let him guess that his breath weapon has been changed into that of a blue dragon, too.

Yes, for all intents and purposes he is now half-blue dragon. Yes, he can now breathe lightning and is unharmed by electricity and all that good stuff.

...Assuming he lets her. He could knock her off halfway through or somesuch, if he wants to. She's not exactly in a position to defend herself.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"What? Your pokemon don't evolve in the middle of a fight?" Becca sticks her tongue out at Winston. Hah!

16. - Top - End - #406

[Willow's Lab]

That's a great idea!

Knock a hole in the Umbreon's offensive ability so he won't be able to fight back as well! Surely he won't be able to evolve mid-fight again. After all, once an eevee turns into one of its evolutions that's the end of the life for it.

...right?

The Will-o-Wisp scorches Glamdring, burning into his fur painfully! But he's not about to take that laying down. Oh certainly not. In fact, he can pull that painful burn to his advantage!

Umbreon's rings flash as he attempts to Synchronize his scalding burn with his foe! Whether or not that works...

"eeeeeeeeeee...!" flames begin to dance around Glamdring as his body is shrouded in withering heat! "EON!"

*FWOOSH!*

Umbreon just evolved into Flareon!

The pain of the burn serves only to steel the Flareon's resolve as he presses on through sheer Guts! The Flames blaze high as he hurls himself at the ghostly Pokemon in a headlong Charge!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-03-05 at 09:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Shuppet suffers a Burn from the Umbreon's Synchronize.

"No! They d- Wha!?"

Winston stares at Glamdring. It evolved from Umbreon to Flareon mid-battle?! Now that...

"But how did it do that!? That's not how it works!"

Shuppet cries out in pain as it gets hit by Glamdring's Flame Charge. The Ghost type looks to be on its last "legs", and the burn damage only hurts its even more. It whimpers and turns pained eyes to its trainer for instructions.

Winston grits his teeth, glaring at Becca and her totally-cheating Flareon. He looks at Shuppet, then makes his decision.

"Curse."

Shuppet whimpers once more, eyes full of fear. Then it whirls around to face Glamdring, suddenly filled with animation and rage. The Ghost cries out a last time, before an inch-long nail materializes in mid-air and impales the little floating ragdoll. Curse should fall onto Glamdring and start dealing periodic damage, a fourth of its life force each time. However, Shuppet must sacrifice half of its own life, and that is more than enough to faint the Pokémon at this point.

Winston holds up Shuppet's Poké Ball and recalls the creature. He then gets out his next Poké Ball, still glaring at Becca.

"Cheater."

Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #408

[Blue Zone]

A plotclone of Ashley heads into the Blue Zone, with Kuko on her shoulder. She's looking for a library that she's been to before, to research a goddess.

19. - Top - End - #409

[Willow's Lab]

Yish...

Burn AND a curse?

That's going to be a bugger. Glamdring winces as the dark magic and burn alike eat at him. But he isn't about to give up! There are plenty of tricks he still has up his non-existent sleeves!

"eeeeee..."
    Glamdring begins as a thick cloud of steam erupts into existence around him and quickly begins to percipient into a downpour! "EON!"

Flareon evolved into Vaporeon!

When will this madness end?

With a flick of his fluked tail the steam condenses into dark clouds hovering about the ceiling. Thick clouds that begin to pour a torrential Rain that Dances around the battlefield. Both curse and burn alike are washed away!

"ta' SoH DaH Suv vaj mIpHa', K'tak?"
    Glamdring sneers at Winston, flashing a rather toothy grin.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"What's that? Can you say that louder? I thought I heard you say, "Becca is the best pokemon trainer."" Becca puts her hand to her ear.

The girl practically oozes confidence. Pfft, a little Curse won't stop Glamdring. She ahnd him are gonna beat this guy and put him in his place. Just look at that! He stopped it!

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Winston is looking pretty mad.

"You're not even giving your Ee... Vaporeon any instructions!"

He sends out his next Pokémon. In another flash of light, the Poké Ball releases a small blue sea horse, with one fin on its back and wide red eyes. It balances on its tail and hops around happily, showing that it is fully maneuverable on land despite its Water typing. Horsea raises its long tubular snout up to look at the rain and makes a peculiar whinnying sound.

"Use Twister!"

With a surprising turn of speed, Horsea hops away from Glamdring and spits out a vortex of wind and debris at him. The dragon-type move Twister has a chance of making the Vaporeon flinch!
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-03-06 at 03:03 PM.

Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #412

[Blue Zone]

A plotclone of Ashley heads into the Blue Zone, with Kuko on her shoulder. She's looking for a library that she's been to before, to research a goddess.
    Blue Zone

Kuko, the little minish on her shoulder, has no clue where the library is, but he's excited to find out. Libraries are awesome. He'll probably spend a good deal of time looking through the library after this mission.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Park - Harnel

"Oh, hey, you are. When did you sit down? ANYWAY! Let's do this."

Flesh-bending magic will pour into Harnel, and he will be altered on a basic, even genetic, level. His face will change a lot, not in it's shape but in it's draconic features. He switches from the features typical of a red dragon to those of a blue dragon... and a weird feeling in his throat will probably let him guess that his breath weapon has been changed into that of a blue dragon, too.

Yes, for all intents and purposes he is now half-blue dragon. Yes, he can now breathe lightning and is unharmed by electricity and all that good stuff.

...Assuming he lets her. He could knock her off halfway through or somesuch, if he wants to. She's not exactly in a position to defend herself.
    Park - Harnel

Tingly.
    Harnel has to concentrate just to keep the Spell Resistance down, so he's distracted doing that for the most part.

Even if he can't see it and doesn't know exactly what's going on, he does know something's changed. He can feel it.
    "What did you do?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Park - Harnel

"I just changed all the magic bits to reflect the new, blue, you! Now you're someone who is less him, and more yourself! AND you can spit lightning! Probably."

He probably notices the horn on his nose, his raggedy ears, his more platelike tail, or other changes to Bluedragondom.

25. - Top - End - #415

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Blue Zone

Kuko, the little minish on her shoulder, has no clue where the library is, but he's excited to find out. Libraries are awesome. He'll probably spend a good deal of time looking through the library after this mission.
    Ashley looks around a little more, looking more and more confused. Eventually, though, she says a small "Ah!" and speeds up towards a building just off of a street.

26. - Top - End - #416

[Willow's Lab]

Eeww...

Flinching.

Flinch moves are annoying!

Thankfully Glamdring manages to weather the nasty weather without getting stunned by the blasting vortex! Though he still isn't looking terribly healthy... How is he possibly going to manage to pull ahead in increasingly pitched battle?

Probably by taking a nice Rest.

*thud!*

"Zzzzz...."

Wow.

If he's taking a nap in the middle of the fight he must not be very concerned!

The Rain continues to fall as the sleeping Vaporeon recovers his health!

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"Hah! I don't need to tell him what to do. I'm just that go- HEY!" Becca throws her arms in the air. "Don't fall asleep! You need to win this battle!" Becca's never liked the idea of sleeping in a battle, even if it does heal them. =x

28. - Top - End - #418
    Orc in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

Winston has a similar reaction to Becca to Vaporeon's sleeping. He's so angry!

"You don't even know what your own Pokémon is doing, do you!? It's ability is Hydration, so all status conditions it has are cured in the rain! It'll just wake up in a moment, all healed up!"

It's an infuriating tactic! The kid gestures toward his Horsea.

"Use agility. Might as well take the one advantage we have over it and expand on it."

The little sea horse whinnies in agreement. Before hopping around like crazy, increasing its speed even more with Agility! Combined with its Swift Swim ability, the Horsea is now moving at extremely fast speeds. It's almost like it's swimming through the rain! Man, if this was Gen. 1, it'd just get critical hits on Vaporeon to win.

Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #419

[Willow's Lab]

This is the Nexus!

Can use whatever mechanics (or lack there of) you feel like using!

Regardless of crunch (not to be confused with Crunch) Glamdring suddenly snaps awake as the Rain washes away his weariness! True to the boy's word he's awake again! Awake and yawning pretty well.

And then sneering again.

"poH Daq pItlh vam! eeeeeeeeeeee-!" the air begins to stink of ozone as sparks crackle along Glamdring's scales! "EON!"

Vaporeon evolved into Jolteon!

Yuck... yellow text. Hurts the eyes almost as much as looking at that lightning arcing around him. And it's still raining too! Well, at least he couldn't possibly be high enough level to take advantage of-

Jolteon absorbed residual zero-point energy from the STOLEN DISRUPTOR!

Jolteon used THUNDER!

kra-KATHOOOM!

30. - Top - End - #420

Ashley looks around a little more, looking more and more confused. Eventually, though, she says a small "Ah!" and speeds up towards a building just off of a street.
    Blue Zone

Kuko holds on to ashley's shoulder as she begins to run. It's like riding an animal only humans get angry when you tell them where to go. No complaints though. Library Time!

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters