New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Just wanted to point out that we've been dethroned from the Top 10 Kickstarter list (at least when ongoing drives end and get moved up). It's been a good run.

Edit: Guess I spoke too soon, as one of the highest backers withdrew, but it'll go back up by the time it ends.
    Last edited by whitehelm; 2012-09-15 at 05:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Mine came through the post today! Very happy.

For those keeping score at home, it was a $25 print/magnet/swag packet, with a Sticky Shticks, and no additional books, mailed to the UK.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Pixie in the Playground

Argh! I just wish I knew that mine was being processed. Or remembered, or something.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So, I have a story for the playground.

A week ago, I aggrivated an old injury in my shoulder, it normally takes a day or two to get better, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case this time. So I went to the Doctors to ask what was happening. My Doctor checked me over and informed me that I had injured a muscle, and that due to the enflamed area limiting the mobility, all other muscled in the left hand side of my upper body was over-compensating, making my life pretty damned hard. At the moment, even sitting here typing with my right hand only, my left arm and shoulder ache.
    The doctor told me I had to take the next week off work, and some mild painkillers untill I could get an ultrasound before deciding what the next step would be.

So here I was, stuck at home, work is quite busy at the moment, and I cant afford to take the time off because my projects will get left behind, but little choice. To make life worse, my parents are re-painting the house, and in my state I can't even use the time off to help them in any significant manner. I felt a little depressed. Then there was a knock on my door, a delivery for me. I was confused because I honestly wasn't expecting anything.

Getting the package inside the door, it took me some time to open it, it had slipped my mind to even look at who had sent me the box, I just wanted to see what it was. Lo and behold, it was my Kickstarter package, filled with my copy of the Adventure Boardgame, the Sticky Shticks, patches, stickers, print, and the colouring books. I was excited. I immediately moved around the house looking for my old pencil case.

There doesn't really need to be much more said, but here I am a man in his mid twenties, sitting at his desk, with one arm in a sling, carefully colouring in the lines of his book with Crayons.

Thanks for cheering me up Giant.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yes! Got my package (whole story + game + sticky) in the mail today. I've already gone through SoD once. I greatly look forward to trying to get through a game on Saturday, the rulebook is thick but very large print with plenty of illustrations and it's not like I'm unfamiliar with long sets of rules (ahh magic comprehensive rules, how you make me appreciate even otherwise large rulebooks :P). Yay!

6. - Top - End - #1326

Flumph

:party:

Got my shipping notice! All the books + the game.... looking forward to getting it
    My God.... It's full of stars....

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now I'm starting to get bummed out. I ordered the 25$ package with sticky schticks, patch and one book. I know they're working to get them out as fast as they can, but still, I can't help but feel left out at this point. I want my last book then my collection will be complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShippoWildheart View Post
    You killed all the Catigrls. You monster!
    On my wish for real-world physics.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Got my Whole Story + Game box (with all the fixin's) a couple days ago. Thanks Rich, thanks Ook!

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randalor View Post
    Now I'm starting to get bummed out. I ordered the 25$ package with sticky schticks, patch and one book. I know they're working to get them out as fast as they can, but still, I can't help but feel left out at this point. I want my last book then my collection will be complete.
    By my count, there were ~1400 packages that still needed to go out (not counting patience packages) on the 29th of August. There have been roughly 14 business days since then.

Depending on warehouse setup, I would expect a single worker to be able to pick an order in just a few minutes (lets say 15 minutes--- I think I'm being overly generous as pickers in warehouses I've worked with can generally do 3 orders at a time and fill it with 10+ varying items in <5 minutes). That would mean a single worker should be putting out 32 orders a day. Working alone, the orders would be able to be done in 43 business days.

Obviously, I hope that's not our actual situation here.

I'm actually hoping for 2 workers are picking them. That would put the last package (non-patience, again) going out in just a tad over one more business week. =)

Fingers crossed!

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

For those who don't compulsively check the kickstarter page each day (what's wrong with you) there is some news.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-09-19 at 07:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw man, that doesn't sound fun. Hoping Rich heals soon... I know an injury like that can be frustrating.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

12. - Top - End - #1332

HalflingPirate

Indeed, I'm pretty sure all our best wishes are with him...!

(Maybe Rich was researching brawling with broken bottles for authenticity in Belkar's story? )

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by natewooley View Post
    Argh! I just wish I knew that mine was being processed. Or remembered, or something.
    You are not alone, Natewooley. I have the same problem with it not showing up yet. I got one of the WAXP and SSaDT packages (unsigned) with one each of the bonus materials. It has not shown up yet. Now I emailed the Giant out worry that my address change had not reached all the correct people, but as of yesterday there was no response. Thanks to the update I now know why. Still its sad to see such an accident happen to an artist. Here's to praying that the nerve damage isn't permanent.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

14. - Top - End - #1334

HalflingRogueGuy

Gotta say I'm getting a bit worried... I got my package but it was missing Shticky Shticks and the patch, even though I marked them down on my survey and pledged extra to get them.

I messaged Rich about it two weeks ago when I got the package but there's been no response. I know about the accident but still... I'm getting worried. What if they run out of Shticky Shticks or patches before Rich has a chance to deal with this problem?

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Check update 45. Rich has plans for what to do with the leftover patches and other swag, so they won't run out before your order ships. Likewise they're selling sticky on its own later per the same update, so no worries there. I wouldn't be worried about them running out when they're planning for what to do with the leftovers.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shivore View Post
    Gotta say I'm getting a bit worried... I got my package but it was missing Shticky Shticks and the patch, even though I marked them down on my survey and pledged extra to get them.

I messaged Rich about it two weeks ago when I got the package but there's been no response. I know about the accident but still... I'm getting worried. What if they run out of Shticky Shticks or patches before Rich has a chance to deal with this problem?
    According to me (no rights can be given out from this) he did have enough patches and stuff. Maybe even too spare, so as soon as he can type again he will probably give you a heads up or else Mrs Giant wil.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Finally got the shipping notice in my email! (It has apparently been sitting there since Thursday.) My package apparently passed through a sorting facility in Bethpage, NY less than 20 minutes ago. So close, and yet so far.....

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Well, my package finally arrived! It was good to come home to after a long day.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Just got my shipping notice (finally!), now I just have to plan when I can actually go visit the relatives I'd had it shipped to as I had no idea where I'd be living after grad school. Hmm...
    Take your best shot, everyone else does.
    Avatar by Guildorn Tanaleth. See other avatars below.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Pixie in the Playground

Please be patient with me if this question has already been answered, but is there a location where you can confirm what reward was chosen?

I recently received a reward package, but I believe I opted for multiple coloring books and badges. I'm not absolutely sure of that, though, and it has been a while.

I've looked on Kickstarter, but I haven't found anything like that. If I've missed something obvious, please let me know.

Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Log in and go to the project page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reprint-drive for OOTS. In the list of rewards down the right-hand side of the page, the one you picked will be highlighted in green, and there will be a link to review your shipping survey.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Log in and go to the project page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-reprint-drive for OOTS. In the list of rewards down the right-hand side of the page, the one you picked will be highlighted in green, and there will be a link to review your shipping survey.
    Yep, that was obvious, and quite straight-forward. Sorry for missing it, thanks for the quick reply, and here's hoping someone else gets some use from my confusion.
    Last edited by Lor; 2012-09-26 at 10:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I got my shipping notice two days ago and it's been sitting in the USPS sort facility since then. Sheesh, if it isn't one thing, it's another...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShippoWildheart View Post
    You killed all the Catigrls. You monster!
    On my wish for real-world physics.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got my shipping notice too.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Just wanted to say that my stuff finally arrived :) ($36 "I already have the base game, just give me the expansion" level, to which I added a book, sticky shticks & a patch)
    Because, in the end, there only 10 types of people in the world: those who read binary, and those who don't.

"What gate?"

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got my Swag Pack (+ added Sticky Schticks and Participation Patch). Great stuff! I'm afraid to use the note pads though, because I don't want them to be gone one day. :(

:D
    JediSoth
    Fantasy/Sci-Fi Author, Gamer, Foodie
    Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D

"The quality of our legacy is measured in the lives we touch."

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just got mine today! Thank you so much Giant!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JediSoth View Post
    I got my Swag Pack (+ added Sticky Schticks and Participation Patch). Great stuff! I'm afraid to use the note pads though, because I don't want them to be gone one day. :(

:D
    I have the same problem. These notepads will be the most unused items ever, for that particular reason. Unless my wife finds them and makes silly grocery notes on them .

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Autopsibiofeeder View Post
    I have the same problem. These notepads will be the most unused items ever, for that particular reason. Unless my wife finds them and makes silly grocery notes on them .
    Which can then be attached to things with your Roy magnet.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

The Giant's update today says Ookoodook expects to be finished shipping non-signed, no-address-correction-needed orders by tomorrow. Now I'm really waiting on pins and needles for that shipping notice...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?