New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Farts. I mean, frats. Heehee toilet humour!
    Also, trigger stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    And this is how frats get a bad name.
    Ugh I hatte it when unversities don't prevent things like this. Rape culture makes me angry.
    Seconded. The most obvious college-related rape culture stuff here are some of the parties. Apparently never go to a foam party: someone usually rapes someone else (usually a drunk fresher girl) under the foam.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Yeah, I definitely disapprove of this frat. But seeing as they're rich they'll probably get around that first rule you mentioned, where college-affiliated groups can't be exclusive. So is it, like, 1950 over there? Or maybe the early 1800s? There is so much wrong with that kind of world view in this day and age.
    I am slightly tempted to look in on some frats when I transfer next semester, just to see what they're like firsthand. I've heard too many rape/hazing/accidental murder stories about frats. (But really I just want to get in a fight with at least a dozen guys at once in my first week of school. Why else would I do something like go to a frat house?)
    Maybe you should rethink the fighting with a dozen guys plan?

I don't think you can pin this behaviour on Ireland, since they're emulating a specific US frat. (By the way, I should go look up to see if there's any more drama. Maybe it'll all have been an awful joke.)

And they can't get around the rule by being rich, unless I suppose they bribe one of the capitated bodies, but they'd have to bribe over half a committee, and it would be blatantly obvious that something funny had happened when they were recognised despite blatantly breaking college rules.

I think this is a result of that idea held by some super-privileged people that things were better in the "good old days" when they had, like, ALL the privilege, instead of the halfway fair (if imperfect) system we've got now. You know, the "Ah, for the days when men were men and there wasn't any of that ludicrous political correctness, and people just did right by their neighbours." by which they often mean "Ah, for the days when women were second-class citizens, we didn't have to pretend not to be racist or classist or sexist or any other -ist, and you got ahead exclusively by knowing the right people." I mean, things aren't perfect now, and some things were better in certain places in the past, like having a tight-knit neighbourhood community as the norm, but things are so much better now than in, say, the 1950s (which are often idealised), especially for anyone at all who isn't a straight, cis, white, rich, abled, neurotypical, upper-middle-class or higher man. Which is almost everyone. And it hasn't actually gotten worse for them, since everyone benefits from equality and a happier society. So I think people who idealise the past that way are either (a) not thinking it through, (b) being very selective about it ("well, yes, obviously there was a lot of racism, but I mean ASIDE from that") or (c) entitled people who are so happy with their own privilege over others that they want more of it.

I like rocks.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I'm going to spoiler (I KEEP TYING "SPOILDER" THAT'S NOT A WORD!) the frat house discussion, because it's fairly off topic and also, ugh.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know all the details or how exaggerated the story I heard was, but the gist seems to be that a group of rich guys who are all friends and who "share common interests, such as fine dining, horseracing and automobiles" (who says "automobiles" in Ireland?) have decided they should make a frat house, with a link to a snooty US frat house. The aim of this house will be for upper-class rich white young men to meet other upper-class rich white young men, and older men, without the terrible impositions of poor people and/or women, except maybe some pretty girls as quote "arm candy". It will function as a networking thing so that poor people and women don't get the same opportunities as the clearly more deserving rich white men when it comes to making contacts with people in business. Sorry, men in business. Who are rich, and white.

There are a few points to make here.
    1) People are allowed to do what they like, but they are not allowed to use the name of the college or have a college-affiliated group without following rules and coming under the remit of one of the capitated bodies. The capitated bodies don't allow groups who put restrictions on entry. For example, the Muslim Student Society is not exclusive to students who are Muslim.
    2) I would still have a problem with the rich-people club if it wasn't explicitly sexist.
    3) I would still have a problem with an explicitly sexist club (obviously!) if it wasn't implicitly classist. (You need to contribute money to join and the idea is to have meetings in fancy restaurants and at the races and stuff.)
    4) From what I can tell, the idea of Greek Houses (which I don't have an inherent problem with, I've just heard so so many rape stories from them, and also, why are they still so much gender segregated?) is instead of student societies. If you want to be a rich douche, just join the Buisness Society (or whatever) and go to fancy restaurants with your rich friends. Don't push it in everyone's face.
    5) Seriously, WTF?!
    I keep trying to use "quote" for some reason. Similarly, for the first month or two after I returned to GitP I kept getting Coidzor's and Golentan's names mixed up in my head for no reason I could discern.

Yeah though, that frat thing sounds pretty annoying. The sexism isn't the only problem, but it's definitely the agitating one.

Regarding the other aforementioned frat, it's probably best I don't state my immediate thoughts on a bad day...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    I know that feel bro sis. Don't really know how to fix it though.

~
    Ugh, it feels like I'm covered in stubble even though I shaved just three days ago... And it's just impossible to look in a mirror for more than five seconds or so.

... *Hugs* I'm sure things will get better, though. For all of us.

... It's a bad sign when you have to convince yourself... :/
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hate to open up this can of worms again, but can we stop calling Sun a troll please? Sure, they didn't introduce themselves into the thread in a way very likely to produce a warm welcoming, but the loathing that some of you seem to be expressing makes me rather uncomfortable. I won't make any judgements on the game, not having played it, but some of the concerns Sun raised are valid (whether or not they apply to the game is a separate issue), and while I don't think Sun handled it entirely appropriately, screaming "Troll! Troll!" isn't exactly appropriate either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of have to agree with this, name-calling is not good at all. Even if Sun was a Troll, it will not help anyone and might hurt someone. ;_;

I think Sun just got off on the wrong foot. But even if that is not the case, friendliness and hugs should always be preffered to Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Broken record - I'm feeling worse and won't be posting much over the next week or so.
    If you are a broken record, then you are the most amazing broken record I know of.

I sincerely hope that you will get much better and have much more fun in the future. Take your time.

Oh wow, that is so adorable! I gave a pebble to my sweetheart once... #geologistsrock

In other news, apparently some rich poopy heads in my university want to set up a circle jerk frat house. This makes me sad.
    I only know of frat houses from a single episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but that doesn't sound very good at all.

Maybe you can create a much better and more fun group to outrival them? Would that help? :3

On other notes:

@Helio: Sounds like everything is going well, I hope it will continue to do so. ^_^
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-02-25 at 02:57 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Farts. I mean, frats. Heehee toilet humour!
    Also, trigger stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

Seconded. The most obvious college-related rape culture stuff here are some of the parties. Apparently never go to a foam party: someone usually rapes someone else (usually a drunk fresher girl) under the foam.

Maybe you should rethink the fighting with a dozen guys plan?

I don't think you can pin this behaviour on Ireland, since they're emulating a specific US frat. (By the way, I should go look up to see if there's any more drama. Maybe it'll all have been an awful joke.)

And they can't get around the rule by being rich, unless I suppose they bribe one of the capitated bodies, but they'd have to bribe over half a committee, and it would be blatantly obvious that something funny had happened when they were recognised despite blatantly breaking college rules.

I think this is a result of that idea held by some super-privileged people that things were better in the "good old days" when they had, like, ALL the privilege, instead of the halfway fair (if imperfect) system we've got now. You know, the "Ah, for the days when men were men and there wasn't any of that ludicrous political correctness, and people just did right by their neighbours." by which they often mean "Ah, for the days when women were second-class citizens, we didn't have to pretend not to be racist or classist or sexist or any other -ist, and you got ahead exclusively by knowing the right people." I mean, things aren't perfect now, and some things were better in certain places in the past, like having a tight-knit neighbourhood community as the norm, but things are so much better now than in, say, the 1950s (which are often idealised), especially for anyone at all who isn't a straight, cis, white, rich, abled, neurotypical, upper-middle-class or higher man. Which is almost everyone. And it hasn't actually gotten worse for them, since everyone benefits from equality and a happier society. So I think people who idealise the past that way are either (a) not thinking it through, (b) being very selective about it ("well, yes, obviously there was a lot of racism, but I mean ASIDE from that") or (c) entitled people who are so happy with their own privilege over others that they want more of it.

I like rocks.
    Also spoilered because this seems to be a spoilered discussion now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fighting a dozen guys thing was more of a sarcastic afterthought as I considered the possible endings of that night at the frat house. I don't think I'll actually do that. I want to keep in good shape so I can fight bears when I'm older.
    And I'm sorry; I didn't mean to imply that this is typical of Ireland. Most of the nasty frat stories I hear are from the US. What I meant was that the kind of mindset these guys seem to have is that of years past, just without the concepts of honor or chivalry to balance it out.
    As for getting around school rules, if they can get some of the wealthy folks who donate to the school on their side, they have a shot at being allowed to keep their proposed entry restrictions. A lot of the stuff I hear about frats over here involves schools being too scared to get involved because they don't want to lose financial backing from alumni from those frats.
    I completely agree with that long paragraph except for one line--at some point, women weren't even second-class citizens. They were property.

I like rocks too, but I think organic molecules are neat. I'm currently thinking of going into biochemistry and studying some of those weird critters that don't fit the normal patterns of terrestrial life. (Arsenate-DNA critters, silicon critters, methanotrophs, those critters with both animal and plant characteristics, deep-sea critters, and so on.)
    That is so incredibly off-topic, hehe. Unless I were to mention that very few organic molecules are straight. [/badpuns]

Edit: I was in the midst of my new (as of today--yesterday, technically, but then it turned twelve o'clock) habit of reading at least five random Wikipedia articles before bed, and I found this. Apparently there were gay and lesbian magazines back in the 1920s. Has anybody read any of these old magazines before? I'm curious as to the type of content.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-02-26 at 12:42 AM.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Frats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Maybe you can create a much better and more fun group to outrival them? Would that help? :3
    We already have over a hundred awesome student societies!

Also spoilered because this seems to be a spoilered discussion now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fighting a dozen guys thing was more of a sarcastic afterthought as I considered the possible endings of that night at the frat house. I don't think I'll actually do that. I want to keep in good shape so I can fight bears when I'm older.
    And I'm sorry; I didn't mean to imply that this is typical of Ireland. Most of the nasty frat stories I hear are from the US. What I meant was that the kind of mindset these guys seem to have is that of years past, just without the concepts of honor or chivalry to balance it out.
    As for getting around school rules, if they can get some of the wealthy folks who donate to the school on their side, they have a shot at being allowed to keep their proposed entry restrictions. A lot of the stuff I hear about frats over here involves schools being too scared to get involved because they don't want to lose financial backing from alumni from those frats.
    I completely agree with that long paragraph except for one line--at some point, women weren't even second-class citizens. They were property.
    I made it spoilered because it's not really on topic and people who come here for support might not want to hear about stupid frat things. Which is definitely reasonable!

Anyway, I'm hoping that the alumni thing won't happen. First, because I think Irish universities get way less from alumni than US ones do, so they don't have as much influence. Second, because I hope that if some alumni put pressure on like that, other alumni will put pressure on the other way ("I'm a high-powered, rich woman who came to college through an access program for people from bad areas, and if you let these people do this, I will stop giving you generous donations."). And third, because there aren't any alumni who actually went through a frat, since it'll be brand new, so none of them will have loyalty to the frat like in US colleges.

And I agree about the past, but I was focusing on the 1950s as my example, and, bad though things were, women in western countries were at least considered people by then!

I like rocks too, but I think organic molecules are neat. I'm currently thinking of going into biochemistry and studying some of those weird critters that don't fit the normal patterns of terrestrial life. (Arsenate-DNA critters, silicon critters, methanotrophs, those critters with both animal and plant characteristics, deep-sea critters, and so on.)
    That is so incredibly off-topic, hehe. Unless I were to mention that very few organic molecules are straight. [/badpuns]
    Extremophiles are bonkers! We got a talk recently about ones that live on black smokers on the Mid-Atlantic Rift. Crazy stuff.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news, apparently some rich poopy heads in my university want to set up a circle jerk frat house. This makes me sad.
    I'm going to spoiler (I KEEP TYING "SPOILDER" THAT'S NOT A WORD!) the frat house discussion, because it's fairly off topic and also, ugh.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't know all the details or how exaggerated the story I heard was, but the gist seems to be that a group of rich guys who are all friends and who "share common interests, such as fine dining, horseracing and automobiles" (who says "automobiles" in Ireland?) have decided they should make a frat house, with a link to a snooty US frat house. The aim of this house will be for upper-class rich white young men to meet other upper-class rich white young men, and older men, without the terrible impositions of poor people and/or women, except maybe some pretty girls as quote "arm candy". It will function as a networking thing so that poor people and women don't get the same opportunities as the clearly more deserving rich white men when it comes to making contacts with people in business. Sorry, men in business. Who are rich, and white.

There are a few points to make here.
    1) People are allowed to do what they like, but they are not allowed to use the name of the college or have a college-affiliated group without following rules and coming under the remit of one of the capitated bodies. The capitated bodies don't allow groups who put restrictions on entry. For example, the Muslim Student Society is not exclusive to students who are Muslim.
    2) I would still have a problem with the rich-people club if it wasn't explicitly sexist.
    3) I would still have a problem with an explicitly sexist club (obviously!) if it wasn't implicitly classist. (You need to contribute money to join and the idea is to have meetings in fancy restaurants and at the races and stuff.)
    4) From what I can tell, the idea of Greek Houses (which I don't have an inherent problem with, I've just heard so so many rape stories from them, and also, why are they still so much gender segregated?) is instead of student societies. If you want to be a rich douche, just join the Buisness Society (or whatever) and go to fancy restaurants with your rich friends. Don't push it in everyone's face.
    5) Seriously, WTF?!
    Okay, I'll admit it. My mind read the phrase "circle jerk frat house" and went somewhere completely different to what the actual reality is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Okay, I'll admit it. My mind read the phrase "circle jerk frat house" and went somewhere completely different to what the actual reality is.
    I found it an appellation that begged for further investigation myself.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-02-26 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Does no one else use "circle jerk" to mean "bunch of gob****es all sewn up, helping one another and making each other feel more important than they are"? We use it for stuff like "Oh, the developers fund the politicians and then the politicians make nice to the developers. It's just a big circle jerk.".

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but given the stereotypes about frat houses, and the fact that this thread tends to deal with sex and sexual issues more often than not, the literal meaning of the phrase lent itself more readily to my mind than the metaphorical one.
    Either that, or I'm just a pervert. Works both ways, really.

10. - Top - End - #160

Frats:
    Spoiler
    Show

We already have over a hundred awesome student societies!

I made it spoilered because it's not really on topic and people who come here for support might not want to hear about stupid frat things. Which is definitely reasonable!

Anyway, I'm hoping that the alumni thing won't happen. First, because I think Irish universities get way less from alumni than US ones do, so they don't have as much influence. Second, because I hope that if some alumni put pressure on like that, other alumni will put pressure on the other way ("I'm a high-powered, rich woman who came to college through an access program for people from bad areas, and if you let these people do this, I will stop giving you generous donations."). And third, because there aren't any alumni who actually went through a frat, since it'll be brand new, so none of them will have loyalty to the frat like in US colleges.

And I agree about the past, but I was focusing on the 1950s as my example, and, bad though things were, women in western countries were at least considered people by then!

Extremophiles are bonkers! We got a talk recently about ones that live on black smokers on the Mid-Atlantic Rift. Crazy stuff.
    More frat stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a good reason to spoiler stuff. I'm a wee bit slow this week due to pain and opioids.
    Likewise a wee bit slow in regards to the alumni thing. It seems I had forgotten the fact that it's a new frat when I brought up wealthy alumni. But yeah, they are an issue over here in some places.
    I don't know why people romanticise the 1950s. They were kind of boring. They didn't even have Tetris, let alone Pokemon. (Weird rambly train of thought brought to you by I just woke up.)

I do like extremophiles. (I forgot they were called that. That's a much handier word than describing a list of neat critters to convey the idea.) And now I have a pile of Wikipedia pages open again. I do like Wikipedia.

Took me moment to figure that one out.

Does no one else use "circle jerk" to mean "bunch of gob****es all sewn up, helping one another and making each other feel more important than they are"? We use it for stuff like "Oh, the developers fund the politicians and then the politicians make nice to the developers. It's just a big circle jerk.".
    I haven't heard that before, but then, I haven't heard "circle jerk" before either. Your use of it does make sense, though.

OH HEY ON-TOPIC TIME!
    Yesterday my mum said something like, "You are talking to a self-avowed asexual, you know," to somebody I was talking to. So at least she's willing to humor me even if she does think I'm just repressing my sexuality, or whatever she thinks.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but given the stereotypes about frat houses, and the fact that this thread tends to deal with sex and sexual issues more often than not, the literal meaning of the phrase lent itself more readily to my mind than the metaphorical one.
    Either that, or I'm just a pervert. Works both ways, really.
    The wish is the father of the thought.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

So if I say 'Naughty Tentacles' and you get a particular mental image/association, it's indicative of a desire to have congress with an octopus?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-26 at 11:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

So if I say 'Naughty Tentacles' and you get a particular mental image/association, it's indicative of a desire to have congress with an octopus?
    Not necessarily an octopus
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-02-26 at 11:27 AM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, so you're more of a cuttlefish man. I can respect that.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Cthulhusexual? =o

16. - Top - End - #166

I've used it for that before, but your use of "poopy head" threw me off by making me think you were using euphemisms.

I thought about saying something, but then I remembered some stories I've heard about frats and I figured it's probably a good point in any case.

What does it mean if you hear "congress" and think 'Sexual Legislation'?
    Thanks for existing.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Cthulhusexual? =o
    I can dig it. [/inju]

~

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe I should keep a closer eye on my language!

More frat stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's a good reason to spoiler stuff. I'm a wee bit slow this week due to pain and opioids.
    Likewise a wee bit slow in regards to the alumni thing. It seems I had forgotten the fact that it's a new frat when I brought up wealthy alumni. But yeah, they are an issue over here in some places.
    I don't know why people romanticise the 1950s. They were kind of boring. They didn't even have Tetris, let alone Pokemon. (Weird rambly train of thought brought to you by I just woke up.)

I do like extremophiles. (I forgot they were called that. That's a much handier word than describing a list of neat critters to convey the idea.) And now I have a pile of Wikipedia pages open again. I do like Wikipedia.

Took me moment to figure that one out.

I haven't heard that before, but then, I haven't heard "circle jerk" before either. Your use of it does make sense, though.

OH HEY ON-TOPIC TIME!
    Yesterday my mum said something like, "You are talking to a self-avowed asexual, you know," to somebody I was talking to. So at least she's willing to humor me even if she does think I'm just repressing my sexuality, or whatever she thinks.
    I basically agree with everything you said. Shockingly!

Nice that your mum is trying to be more supportive! Even if she hasn't really come around to the idea, pretending to is often the first step towards acceptance!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So, my director wants us to find what the Finale of Les Mis means to us, so we can put something behind it on stage. The message is about how as long are there are people on the earth, there will be a fight. Currently, the only thing I'm even close to having to fight for is my sexuality, and I'd gladly fight for True Love.

So without further ado...

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you hear the people sing
    Lost in the valley of the night
    It is the music of a people
    Who are climbing to the light

For the wretched of the earth
    There is a flame that never dies
    Even the darkest night will end
    And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
    In the garden of the Lord
    They will walk behind the plough-share
    They will put away the sword
    The chain will be broken
    And all men will have their reward!

Will you join in our crusade?
    Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Somewhere beyond the barricade
    Is there a world you long to see?
    Say, do you hear the distant drums?
    It is the future that they bring
    When tomorrow comes!
    When tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!

For some reason I feel as though you are like my third family. (second is my best friends and *not officially*boyfriend)
    Thank you all.
    Last edited by supernerd; 2012-02-26 at 04:19 PM.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    So, my director wants us to find what the Finale of Les Mis means to us, so we can put something behind it on stage. The message is about how as long are there are people on the earth, there will be a fight. Currently, the only thing I'm even close to having to fight for is my sexuality, and I'd gladly fight for True Love.

Spoiler
    Show

And the sun will rise.

The chain will be broken

When tomorrow comes!
    When tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!
    I always wince a bit at the word "crusade"... That was still beautiful, though.

For some reason I feel as though you are like my third family. (second is my best friends and *not officially*boyfriend)
    Thank you all.
    Even me?
    Thanks for existing.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case I would say that the politicians gave the developers the courtesy of a reach-around.

As for circle jerk, dudes "all sewn up, helping one another and making each other feel more important than they are," -- I guess that about sums it up, yeah.

I'd join a frat gladly if that was involved.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    As for circle jerk, dudes "all sewn up, helping one another and making each other feel more important than they are," -- I guess that about sums it up, yeah.

I'd join a frat gladly if that was involved.
    There's nothing quite like the march of the penguins, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

And the sun will rise.

The chain will be broken

When tomorrow comes!
    When tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!

Thank you all.
    I feel good to be part of your third family!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel good to be part of your third family!
    Kender is your sweet and adorable little sister and I'm the creepy energy draining uncle!
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-02-27 at 05:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Has this been linked here before?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, that's awesome supernerd. And tons of hugs for Arachu.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-02-27 at 07:35 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Has this been linked here before?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, that's awesome supernerd. And tons of hugs for Arachu.
    I think Asta posted it a couple weeks ago.

I'm going to hope Kender said things I meant to say over the last several posts because I slept terribly hardly slept last night and can't think.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Kender is your sweet and adorable little sister and I'm the creepy energy draining uncle!

I think Asta posted it a couple weeks ago.

I'm going to hope Kender said things I meant to say over the last several posts because I slept terribly hardly slept last night and can't think.
    Eek! No pressure?! I'm not sure I said all the things I should be saying either; I've been very fatigue-y last few days after my busy Friday-to-Tuesday came back to kick me in the teeth. But now I've got some time off classes! Yay!

28. - Top - End - #178

Maybe I should keep a closer eye on my language!

I basically agree with everything you said. Shockingly!

Nice that your mum is trying to be more supportive! Even if she hasn't really come around to the idea, pretending to is often the first step towards acceptance!
    Wowzers. (I have never even thought that before. Weird.)
    Yup. Maybe if I go another decade or two without showing interest in sex she'll come around properly.

Spoiler
    Show

And the sun will rise.

The chain will be broken

When tomorrow comes!
    When tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!
    Tomorrow comes!

Thank you all.
    You're welcome! It's really nice to have a supportive and friendly group of people like this thread, isn't it?

Eek! No pressure?! I'm not sure I said all the things I should be saying either; I've been very fatigue-y last few days after my busy Friday-to-Tuesday came back to kick me in the teeth. But now I've got some time off classes! Yay!
    Tough weekends are a pain. I have "Organic Chem Hell Week" coming up. Problem set due Friday, then the exam is this weekend. And I didn't have a chance to study or do any work over break due to wisdom teeth surgery and painkillers. Even better, I just got back to school yesterday and I'm already feeling sick, so I either caught something (from where? I've been in my room all week) or I'm actually manifesting withdrawal symptoms after only a week on a low dose of oxycodone.
    So I feel ya. Sympathy *hugs* and have a nice break from class!
    Jude P.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I'll look in here from time to time so you can PM me if you have any questions on Organic Chemistry. I don't promise to answer them, but I'll look at them.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay! That horrific Medical Physics and Physiological Medicine course might be of use to someone!