New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1440
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

The Darkened Way

As they come to a stop Kayla stands back up staring out towards the light.

"Guess we head towards the light."

She tries to take Gertrude's hand in hers again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hanging Thread

Jacen looked around. He then made sure all of his limbs and organs were in place.
    Well, looks like everything's in order. Should we continue onwards...oh, right. I never caught your names. Might I know them? Either way, you may call me Jacen. Feel free to drop the n.
    Zebes gave an irritated chirp.
    And my companion's name is Zebes. He's telepathic, if you have something against being spoken to in such a way.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Eeeeeeverywhere!

The roller skating candy corn catgirl might get a drive-by kiss in at "KR" before that party goes through their door, but continues on her way, flinging candy from a bag that never seems to be going empty.

Until she sees The Villain.

"EEEEEEK! Someone save me!" she cries out theatrically.

Let's hope there are no train tracks nearby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Halloween Night (Kirk Fright)

A drow woman dressed in low-cut white dress reaching down to her knees with what appears to be ropes tied around above and underneath her chest. She gives the catgirl a stare, that was totally her line!

"Guess you have two damsels tonight Kirky. Now where is a tower when you need one?" She asks the villain at her side.
    Kirk chuckles and flourishes his cape. "I'm afraid I already have a victim for the evening. But careful, I wouldn't object to another." The drow gives Decker a wink, and then sneaks a look at Dena out of the corner of his eye.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Hanging Thread

Jacen looked around. He then made sure all of his limbs and organs were in place.
    Well, looks like everything's in order. Should we continue onwards...oh, right. I never caught your names. Might I know them? Either way, you may call me Jacen. Feel free to drop the n.
    Zebes gave an irritated chirp.
    And my companion's name is Zebes. He's telepathic, if you have something against being spoken to in such a way.
    The Hanging Thread

The man in the Ezreal costume takes a look around. He isn't sure if Jacen told his truw name or not. Since he doesn't know his costume he goes for that.

"I'm Ezreal. nice to met you."
    he would offer him his hand to shacke, but he has a pulsfire gun where his right hand is.

"Yeah let's head for the next room unless you need another costume."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hanging Thread

Oh yes. I meant to mention in my last post that Decker clearly has the best costume, because Tektek.
    Fortunately Doctor Decibel didn't arrive dressed as himself.

One quick passing kiss and a doorway later...

"Ooh... these are even better than my costume sirs. Which one do you think I should pick sirs?" Butler asks, going through the choices. He could be... a mummy... or planters the peanut... or a troll... or...

You don't just walk into a perfect costume shop and then not pick out a perfect costume. That's blasphemy!

Butler gives a subservient bow. "I'm Butler B. Buter sirs." 'KR' sort of stiffens at the news that Zebes has telepathy... "He... he has the psychics sir?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halloween Night - Entrance]

Another party-goer arrives! Probably the final one for the night, given how late it is, but Ormirrah couldn't keep herself away from a Halloween party.

Instead of her normal comfortable attire, she's currently decked out in a corset which shows off her (nonexistent) cleavage and the plates running down her chest from her chin, down to the tip of her tail. Her tail comes out from above the short skirt she's wearing on her legs, because having it come out underneath would mean flashing people whenever her tail was doing more than hanging straight down, though the skirt shows off her hips quite well (as they can make up for her lack of breasts). She also wears knee high leather boots (which look pretty impressive in their own right) and she wears red lipstick, to make her lips stand out against her otherwise darkly colored face. looks odd with the couple protruding teeth, but she honestly does have nice lips. Finally, a wig of black, long, straight hair sits on her head, to complete the image. She's come to Halloween as a goth this year.

She's a bit shy as she comes in, her posture showing such. She's not really sure what to do or who to talk to. She's not exactly a social butterfly, after all. First stop then? Snack bar. You have the excuse of not talking to someone if you have a mouth full of food.

It's not long after that Ormirrah moves off to one of the doors, and she goes into the first one to catch her eye; Creeping Doom. She enters it, a little shy at the moment to actually wait to speak to someone.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-11-02 at 02:08 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

[Simple Pleasures]

Sophie steps inside the house boldly. This is all part of the party, so they're probably not in too much danger... probably.

[Card Table]

Dorota is bright and can concentrate very well, but she's not a mathematical savant like Crissy. So she'll probably end up losing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The Hanging Thread
    "He... he has the psychics sir?"
    Well, that's certainly a phrasing Jace hadn't heard before.
    That's not going to be a problem, is it? He's perfectly capable of keeping quiet to others...most of the time. Unless not doing so would be particularly hilarious (his judgement, not mine). But really, the last thing we want is to violate your mental privacy.
    Zebes gave out a psychic laugh to Jace. He quips silently:
    Mental privacy is highly overrated, in my opinion. Life's a lot less boring without it on all the time.
    But anyway, nice to meet both of you. And I honestly don't know about any costumes here, took us two hours to pick these, I'm not giving them up now.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

[Den of Doooooooom]

"Indeed, although I prefer more lasting pleasure," Amist observes to Ivaz with a chuckle, frowning as the spotlight moves over the audience. "I know they might find things...interesting depending on who they selected next."

[Card Table]

Crissy will try her best to give Dorota tips. Within the rules of course! But she certainly looks very happy at having won 16 candies. "Hey, this is totally fun!" the currently-brunette half-elf declares happily.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Simple Pleasures

"We'll wait right here, thank you!"

When the woman is definitely out of earshot, Kate will whisper to her freinds, "Don't go into houses you are trick-or-treating at, that is both etiquette and safety rule number one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Simple Pleasures]

Sophie steps inside the house boldly. This is all part of the party, so they're probably not in too much danger... probably.

[Card Table]

Dorota is bright and can concentrate very well, but she's not a mathematical savant like Crissy. So she'll probably end up losing.
    Simple Pleasures

As Sophie steps into the front door of the old lady's house, her perspective shifts jarringly and she's left standing in the main room at her proper age, holding a perfect yellow apple where her basket full of candy was before. A small sticker placed on its skin facing her has the word Trust scrawled on it in a somewhat cramped hand.

From Kate and Mintbalm's perspective, Sophie the kid just steps into the front door and stands there waiting for them as if nothing had gone wrong. Mintbalm gulps, and then screws up her courage and joins her, appearing on the other side at full height and with an apple in hand as well. She peers at it curiously, her mouth quirked with distaste. All that candy collecting and all she got in the end was a stupid apple.

Kate winds up being the only one left out in the cold, her two friends waving at her to come in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Den of Doom]

The boot's made of steel that'd resist midgrade explosives. I think I'll be fine.

Ivaz crouches down to get a closer look at the mask. Well...that's kinda kinky....

She looks up at the announcer's voice, then her eyes follow the spotlight.

Guess it's somebody else's turn to dance.

Strange Delights

Krystal is still kind of stunned and confused. Her mind has already jumped to a conclusion, but she doesn't want to just assume that. I mean, people just wouldn't really do that. right? Right?

So, wait...you're saying...that the food here...and the food you had earlier...was a person? Named Marjorie?
    Strange Delights

The harem girls laughs lightly, and the man who was feeding Krystal grunt his amusement as well, "Was isn't the word for it. Marjorie doesn't exist in the past tense, she cooked all this up herself. And she will gloat endlessly if she hears you enjoyed her, so please don't mention anything of it, as a favor to me."

Another voice calls out from the door at the back as it opens, "I heard that Charnel. Don't listen to that fusspot, tell me honestly how it was." A woman, evidently Marjorie, is wheeled out on another tray. She seems as happy and flirtatious as any of the other girls here, and the only obvious difference is that her legs end in stumps at the hips, carefully wrapped in silk bandages to keep them from bleeding too heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Card Table

Flipping his card back down, the Wraith takes a moment to think, the incongruous sound of his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth emanating from beneath the shadow-y hood as he mulls it over.

I will keep. He says finally, deciding it's not worth the risk to take another card. And if it's not, well, he's only betting candy.
    Card Tables

The dealer smiles a toothy, pointed grin as he flips over a second queen, revealing that he has 20 total. He reaches out with a fin and flicks up the Wraith's card, grinning even wider when he sees that he's won.

"Alright boyo, eat up." The shark gestures to the bet candies, indicating that the Wraith is expected to eat his losses. That would explain why all the candy is provided by the house. All losing too much will get you is a massive stomach ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Halloween Night - Entrance]

Another party-goer arrives! Probably the final one for the night, given how late it is, but Ormirrah couldn't keep herself away from a Halloween party.

Instead of her normal comfortable attire, she's currently decked out in a corset which shows off her (nonexistent) cleavage and the plates running down her chest from her chin, down to the tip of her tail. Her tail comes out from above the short skirt she's wearing on her legs, because having it come out underneath would mean flashing people whenever her tail was doing more than hanging straight down, though the skirt shows off her hips quite well (as they can make up for her lack of breasts). She also wears knee high leather boots (which look pretty impressive in their own right) and she wears red lipstick, to make her lips stand out against her otherwise darkly colored face. looks odd with the couple protruding teeth, but she honestly does have nice lips. Finally, a wig of black, long, straight hair sits on her head, to complete the image. She's come to Halloween as a goth this year.

She's a bit shy as she comes in, her posture showing such. She's not really sure what to do or who to talk to. She's not exactly a social butterfly, after all. First stop then? Snack bar. You have the excuse of not talking to someone if you have a mouth full of food.

It's not long after that Ormirrah moves off to one of the doors, and she goes into the first one to catch her eye; Creeping Doom. She enters it, a little shy at the moment to actually wait to speak to someone.
    Snack Table -> Creeping Dread

As Ormirrah walks towards the portal that would lead her to whatever the Creeping Dread might be, Kashi smells her strongly enough to recognize her as at least a part dragon, and decides that gorging himself can wait until after he's had a chat. Of course, by the time his head swivels around, she's already partway through the portal and he has to scurry to catch up.

On the other side of the portal, Ormirrah will find herself up against a wall, standing on a ledge over a pitch black abyss with no defined bottom. The door she entered through has vanished, and there is nothing visible except for smooth black obsidian cliffside far off to either side of her, a cloudy night sky, the narrow path she stands on, and the endless nothing below her.

Kashi, back in the main room, stops in front of the door and waits for her to come back out. He's too smart to go anywhere that leads to Creeping Dread. He does hope that wherever she is, the dragon girl is okay.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-11-02 at 05:45 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Simple Pleasures

Kate sighs. This feels like stepping into a trap...

For a moment, Kate realizes she forgot something. It was something important! But what was it?

Kate steps into the house, unsure of what to expect... and hoping that whatever it was she forgot won't be important.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

[Creeping Dread]

Ormirrah looks down, and then up, and then around. Not really anywhere to go from here, is there? Se swallows, and then plucks a loose scale from one of her arms; it was coming off anyways. She'll then drop it into the abyss below, listening for any signs of a bottom.

13. - Top - End - #1153

[Card Table]

Ah... That made an unpleasant amount of sense then. Although the man beneath the mask is not one to turn down sweets on normal occasions, he's foolishly made the mistake of betting quite a lot of them on this hand. More than enough to be too much of a good thing.

Picking up a brightly packaged piece of toffee and spinning it between two bony digits, the Wraith contemplates, weighing up the odds once more. Might I suggest... Double or nothing? To his detriment, this particular party-goer would seem to have a weakness for cards and games of dice.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Orc in the Playground

The Darkened Way

Gertrude will smile and give Kayla's hand a slight squeeze when it's taken again. "There's not much else to do, so let's go ahead." Gertrude will start walking towards the light.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Simple Pleasures

Kate sighs. This feels like stepping into a trap...

For a moment, Kate realizes she forgot something. It was something important! But what was it?

Kate steps into the house, unsure of what to expect... and hoping that whatever it was she forgot won't be important.
    Simple Pleasures

Kate exits through the door as well, winding up next to Mintbalm and Sophie with a nearly identical apple in her hand. The only major difference is that the sticker on Kate's apple says Caution.

[Creeping Dread]

Ormirrah looks down, and then up, and then around. Not really anywhere to go from here, is there? Se swallows, and then plucks a loose scale from one of her arms; it was coming off anyways. She'll then drop it into the abyss below, listening for any signs of a bottom.
    Creeping Dread

The scale flutters a bit in an unheard wind and falls against the side of the cliff before dipping out of sight. Whatever sound she was expecting to hear from it doesn't come as the shadows take it.

[Card Table]

Ah... That made an unpleasant amount of sense then. Although the man beneath the mask is not one to turn down sweets on normal occasions, he's foolishly made the mistake of betting quite a lot of them on this hand. More than enough to be too much of a good thing.

Picking up a brightly packaged piece of toffee and spinning it between two bony digits, the Wraith contemplates, weighing up the odds once more. Might I suggest... Double or nothing? To his detriment, this particular party-goer would seem to have a weakness for cards and games of dice.
    Card Tables

The dealer shrugs, "I can put it on your tab and you can try again, but at the end of the night, you gotta eat what you owe. Think ya can make up the difference?"

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    The Darkened Way

As they come to a stop Kayla stands back up staring out towards the light.

"Guess we head towards the light."

She tries to take Gertrude's hand in hers again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Darkened Way

Gertrude will smile and give Kayla's hand a slight squeeze when it's taken again. "There's not much else to do, so let's go ahead." Gertrude will start walking towards the light.
    The Darkened Way

Walking towards the light seems wise, but as they go on it doesn't appear to get any larger as they head towards it, which seems to confirm just how far away it is. One thing they may notice is that whatever they're walking on has a slight but noticeable incline that gets more pronounced as they go on. If they continue, they'll find that the dot of light itself has migrated upwards in their field of vision slowly as they approach it, and that their steps might take more effort with the slope gradually increasing.

Still, if they persist, they will find themselves standing and looking at a tiny hole in the fabric of this world, no bigger than a pin. It's slightly higher up than their eye level, but even standing on this curved slope they could reach up to it.

Halloween Night - The Whole Party

All around, a chill wind blows and gutters the candles above each of the six doors, plunging that wall back into darkness. Those left in the scenarios will be unaffected by what comes next, at least until they have finished their fun.

The front door creaks shut with a hollow slam, enclosing the casino from the outside world for the moment and cutting off the howling wind. The rattling bones and howling dirge die down as well, and all the monstrous dealers fall silent, leaning back from their tables and waiting for... something.

That something comes in the form of a familiar voice coming from the eaves. Those with a sharp eye might notice that the hostess is no longer with her partner on the dance floor, "I'm so very glad you all could come here. You see, these costumes you're wearing, these characters you have created for yourselves, they aren't real to you. They are at best a mockery or an homage to something you consider real, and at worst just something you could never dream of being yourself."

But to me, each person represented by these costumes is as real as you or I. I see them and their potential confined by your disguises and made to act as you wish and I think, why should we have all the fun? Why not let these other selves out to play? And really, why not? MWAHAHAHAHA!"
    A short evil laugh later, and from every unnaturally dark corner tendrils of black begin splitting off and seeking out those in the party. Anyone touched by these cold, clammy feelers could find themselves changed most unpleasantly. For now, the only safety is right in the middle of the dance floor, as even the front door has been consumed by the darkness.

And what is this transformation you ask? Why, it's one of the mind. Anyone without a strong enough will or protection from this powerful magical effect will find their normal personality subsumed and delegated to the back of the subconscious while their bodies adopt the personalities of the costumes they wear. There may be those who can partially resist this effect, and still keep some of their sense while having their emotions and reactions replaced by that of whoever they're emulating, and even those who have been nearly completely replaced by another may find that their actions are still partially their own.

"Tonight, the ghouls and ghosts will rule this haunt. So enjoy your night my fellow spooks, courtesy of Eris the goddess of CHAOS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The undulating mass of dangerous shadows continues reaching out to the crowd as Eris' voice fades into the background, and those who have reason to be wary of such things may notice that their reach is getting steadily longer.

OOC Note
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((There can be as many or as few permanent consequences from this event as each player likes. Eris' powers are as unpredictable as they are potent, and anything could happen to someone touched by this much of it. People could wind up forgetting how they acted while under the spell, remember everything, have the costume personality be semi-permanent, or possibly even take on some of the personality of whatever costume they wear from now on. It's up to the imagination of the player and what they're willing to RP with their characters, these are just some examples of potential side effects.))

Mintbalm is quickly tagged by a tendril of shadow, having been standing next to the wall when they sprung into existence, and her grimace at the apple quickly turns into a cruel smirk as she turns her eyes to the assembled crowd. So many subjects to toy with, so many ideas to try... She doesn't seem to consider Kate and Sophie beside her for the moment, which is probably a good thing.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Card Table

The wraith's response is lost in the slam of closing doors, his attention stolen by the sinister speech echoing through the casino. It's not a voice he likes. What it's saying he likes even less. Even before the disembodied voice begins to laugh maniacally he whispers a dancing emerald flame to life in the palm of his hand, holding it close.

When the shadows stretch out their reaching tendrils for him he calls to the flame again, making it roar to life, becoming a brilliant column of green fire rising up nearly to the ceiling and casting it's glow across the tables. Whether this will hold back the shadows, I've no clue.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

The Party Before

"Oh good!" Decker says. "I make a terrible victim!" And she whips out a length of rope out of somewhere and attempts to lasso the villain! If she's successful, she'll rollerskate around him in circles to wrap him in coils of rope, then drop her end of the rope and skate away laughing madly. If she's unsuccessful, then she'll just blow raspberries and also skate away.

"Sure, you can scare people,"
    Elias tells Hekta. "Just don't hurt anyone."

The Party After

After Eris's announcement, Decker is... well, she's still skating around like a nutter, ignoring the announcement and the black tendrils that touch her. Maybe she's immune because candy corns don't have a mind to try to take over hers? Or maybe she's immune because she's Decker, and therefore crazy? Or maybe...

... She skates right up to [the first PC available who would like to rp this scene], brakes to a stop, and aims a punch right at their mouth. Gonna destroy their teeth! Just like candy corn would! Bwahahahaha!

Elias, on the other hand, tries to grab Hekta by the arm and drag her towards the center of the room, away from the tendrils.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1158

The Hanging Thread

"I don't need any other costume as well. I did this one on my own and even if it's not perfekt, it's the way I can do it."

He takes another look around, but nothing other seems to appear.

"Ok! We could either stand here and talk or go on. I don't assume this is all."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #1159

Strange Delights

Krystal's face shows even more confusion as she turns to look at Marjorie herself. She had mo idea what was going on, but, she was sure she didn't want to be part of it anymore.

She gives a nervous chuckle. It was, um, pretty good. Um, I just remembered that I left a friend back in the main room. He's probably waiting for me, so, uh, I should go back to him. Another nervous chuckle as she slowly starts backing towards the door.

The Party

Alysha was having a good time talking with her new friend, Amil. The other woman may not consider Alysha a friend yet, but Alysha considers her a friend.

When the hostess makes her speech, Alysha listens with intent. It was only polite to pay attention to the hostess of a party.

Then come the tendrils. As Alysha stands there trying to figure out what Eris meant, one gets a hold of the peppy vampire. Her demeanor quickly changes to one more fitting for an ancient vampire as Dracula himself. Alysha turns to look at Amil, a certain hunger in her eyes now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Well, that's certainly a phrasing Jace hadn't heard before.
    That's not going to be a problem, is it? He's perfectly capable of keeping quiet to others...most of the time. Unless not doing so would be particularly hilarious (his judgement, not mine). But really, the last thing we want is to violate your mental privacy.
    Zebes gave out a psychic laugh to Jace. He quips silently:
    Mental privacy is highly overrated, in my opinion. Life's a lot less boring without it on all the time.
    But anyway, nice to meet both of you. And I honestly don't know about any costumes here, took us two hours to pick these, I'm not giving them up now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The Hanging Thread

"I don't need any other costume as well. I did this one on my own and even if it's not perfekt, it's the way I can do it."

He takes another look around, but nothing other seems to appear.

"Ok! We could either stand here and talk or go on. I don't assume this is all."
    The Hanging Thread

Butler spent a fair bit of time on his too, and it's really quite good. I was surprised when he told me he was good at costume making, but it makes a bit of sense I suppose.

Still, he can thoroughly respect other costumes that aren't his as well. Besides, someone here has to do it. Fortunately, I already decided which costume he'd end up choosing prior to the announcement from the prior rp.

"I'm so sorry he's sick sir... We'll do everything we can to cure him after tonight sir." 'KR' tells Zebes.

"Oh, this one sirs." In light of Jace being sick with the psychics, Butler chooses... a veterinarian costume! Not to be confused with a vegeteranian.

Anyways, since there's no changing rooms, 'KR' will be changing right there. 'KR' strips in public, revealing herself to be a mostly naked catboy, before going to put on the veterinarian costume. She/he seems to have no shame in the matter.

Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-03 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Party

Kate immediately is snagged by one of the tentacles... she writhes away from it, and then tries to fight the effects.

Not knowingly, however. She looks like she's distracted... she just thinking hard.

Now, the question is, who is the Porcelain Maiden?

The porcelain maiden is a costume that Kate threw together on a budget for a masquerade.

That's it.

Nothing more, not really. Though Kate would have usually have thought this out entirely too much, she did not in this case. However, the costume was specifically made for a masquerade...

Masquerade... Seething shadows breathing lies... masquerade...

Kate turns to look at the party again. No one here is who they seem-

Kate's mind takes over here. No... they are who they seem. They're just probably being altered right now. Like the "Goddess of chaos" just said, the costumes are becoming the dominant personalities. On the other hand, none of them are really their costumes... there are people, being warped by this goddess...

No one here is who they seem.

Carry on, bizarre masquerade mindset, you seem to know what you're doing.

Kate turns to the nearby arachnae and vampire. It's time to meet some strangers.

Kate never really was comfortable meeting strangers...

But...

She can fake being an extrovert for one night. Especially tonight.

The maiden casually walks up to Sophie, and gives a slight bow. "Good evening. Are you well today?"

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Over the years, the Jace and Zebes had developed a very low standard of normal. But this was getting weird.
    Boss, I'm real confused. In like, three different ways.
    Aloud, Jacen says:O-kay then. If you're done, I suggest we follow Ezrael's advice and keep going.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The Hanging Thread

Butler spent a fair bit of time on his too, and it's really quite good. I was surprised when he told me he was good at costume making, but it makes a bit of sense I suppose.

Still, he can thoroughly respect other costumes that aren't his as well. Besides, someone here has to do it. Fortunately, I already decided which costume he'd end up choosing prior to the announcement from the prior rp.

"I'm so sorry he's sick sir... We'll do everything we can to cure him after tonight sir." 'KR' tells Zebes.

"Oh, this one sirs." In light of Jace being sick with the psychics, Butler chooses... a veterinarian costume! Not to be confused with a veteranian.

Anyways, since there's no changing rooms, 'KR' will be changing right there. 'KR' strips in public, revealing herself to be a mostly naked catboy, before going to put on the veterinarian costume. She/he seems to have no shame in the matter.

The Hanging Thread

When Butler touches the veterinarian costume, it comes to life and acquires a mind of its own! Well, if not a mind, then at least a purpose. It will quickly attempt to replace his costume without fuss, and considering he wants to change into it anyway, there should be very little reason that this shouldn't work out, unless Reinholdt say otherwise.

However, once it's on him, The others might notice that the costume was meant for someone a good deal shorter and a bit heavier set than Butler is, but that his proportions (assuming nothing tampers with the costume's effects) should be slowly changing to match before their eyes.

And is it just them, or are the clothing racks inexplicably closer than before? Did that one just move?

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Creeping Dread]

No way up.

The sides lead into Darkness.

There's no view below.

Ormirrah lets out a shuddering breath as panic begins to set in, but for now she holds firm. She's too afraid to move from this spot just yet. Her tail betrays her agitation as it quickly moves from side to side, as does the widening of her eyes, her pupils dilating. She's being brave, but she's used to an abandoned city in a murky swamp, not a black abyss.

And she can't move.

She's too afraid she'll fall.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Kirk Night - pre-shenanigans

Dena backs away from Kirk, snickering at his predicament. This catgirl seemed a bit unstable, but that was Kirky's problem now.

-----------------------

Candy Dash - pre-shenanigans

"Okay!" Hekta replies and quickly starts to look around for people to scare as the doors suddenly close making her go, "Huh?"

Then stuff got really weird as the strange lady started to talk.

-----------------------

Kirk Night - post-shenanigans

Dena immediately knew something was wrong, but figured it was some kind of prank at first. It was a party after all, these things were sort of expected. Her paranoia told her otherwise though but it wasn't like she could do anything at the moment.

As the hostess starts to speak her worst fears are confirmed, causing the drow to panic. She did not want to be trapped inside her own body, not again. It wasn't much she could do though, none of the devices she had hid inside her dress could have prepared her for this. But that didn't mean she could fight it though, her own way.

"Kirk?" She quickly tells the other drow as the tendrils starts to move towards them, "Just keep a tiny piece of yourself intact and you can endure this." It wasn't much of an advice but it wasn't like they had much time considering Kirk probably wasn't in much of a condition to move being entangled like that.

--------------------------------------

Kirk Night - post-shenanigans

Hekta quickly realizes are a bad thing (they were black after all) so she quickly turns herself and Elias invisible as they run for the center, it usually worked to avoid her pursuers. This was probably not the case this time though.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-04 at 05:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166

Card Table

The wraith's response is lost in the slam of closing doors, his attention stolen by the sinister speech echoing through the casino. It's not a voice he likes. What it's saying he likes even less. Even before the disembodied voice begins to laugh maniacally he whispers a dancing emerald flame to life in the palm of his hand, holding it close.

When the shadows stretch out their reaching tendrils for him he calls to the flame again, making it roar to life, becoming a brilliant column of green fire rising up nearly to the ceiling and casting it's glow across the tables. Whether this will hold back the shadows, I've no clue.
    Card Tables

The tendrils hover just out of reach of the green fire, not bothering to test it. They can be patient just as much as they can be eager. Such is the nature of chaos, and they know that it's unlikely he can keep such a display up forever.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Strange Delights

Krystal's face shows even more confusion as she turns to look at Marjorie herself. She had mo idea what was going on, but, she was sure she didn't want to be part of it anymore.

She gives a nervous chuckle. It was, um, pretty good. Um, I just remembered that I left a friend back in the main room. He's probably waiting for me, so, uh, I should go back to him. Another nervous chuckle as she slowly starts backing towards the door.

The Party

Alysha was having a good time talking with her new friend, Amil. The other woman may not consider Alysha a friend yet, but Alysha considers her a friend.

When the hostess makes her speech, Alysha listens with intent. It was only polite to pay attention to the hostess of a party.

Then come the tendrils. As Alysha stands there trying to figure out what Eris meant, one gets a hold of the peppy vampire. Her demeanor quickly changes to one more fitting for an ancient vampire as Dracula himself. Alysha turns to look at Amil, a certain hunger in her eyes now.
    Strange Delights

"Oh? Going somewhere then? I thought you could share a recipe of your own with us. There's always room for another course." Marjorie smiles beatifically as she's wheeled closer to Krystal. One by one, those lounging on the pillows begin to stand, smiling and beginning to crowd around.

[Creeping Dread]

No way up.

The sides lead into Darkness.

There's no view below.

Ormirrah lets out a shuddering breath as panic begins to set in, but for now she holds firm. She's too afraid to move from this spot just yet. Her tail betrays her agitation as it quickly moves from side to side, as does the widening of her eyes, her pupils dilating. She's being brave, but she's used to an abandoned city in a murky swamp, not a black abyss.

And she can't move.

She's too afraid she'll fall.
    Creeping Dread

As she stands there, hesitant, a sharp cry comes from up above. A mass of black feathers and wings takes off from higher up on the sheer cliff, leaving its nest in a raucous series of shrieking caws. Its sudden flight dislodges a cascade of rocks from its nest, and the whole mass of them come tumbling down the cliff directly towards Ormirrah, threatening her precarious perch if she doesn't think quickly.

Halloween Night - Post Reveal

Everyone who takes action to move away from the tendrils is safe and mentally whole for now, so long as they keep to the center of the room. The monsters who were tending the game tables have vanished from one moment to the next, and there seems to be not another living soul in the casino besides the party guests.

But the shadows are growing longer, and unless someone thinks of something it may be only a matter of time before nowhere is safe.

27. - Top - End - #1167

[Halloween Pranks of DOOM!]

Okay.

See, Amil has been around the Nexus for some time now. And she managed to survive for some time as your bog-standard human before the crazy place finally managed to blarg weird all over her. One thing that is very important as a skill when it comes to surviving in the Nexus as an NPC?

Recognize malicious intent.

And so Amil immediately makes like a Cheshire Cat and vanishes!

Except for her eyes. And mouth. Wuuuh... Why did she do that? She was going for full invisibility! And why does she feel so... strange...

As the shadows prod at the jeanstealer they push away the bloodthirsty Tyranid instincts her human mind is constantly fighting with and replaces it with the whimsical impulses of a Cheshire Cat.

"I... Hehe... I feel kind of... funny..."

Amil doesn't seem to have noticed the Vampire Lord eying her yet.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hanging Thread

This wasn't right. One of the best things about having a familiar was that you can always to check to see if you're just being crazy. Both agreed, clothes moving by themselves wasn't right. Using his free hand, Jace attempts to cast an identify spell, which would highlight enchanted materials and help him ascertain the kind of magic on them. A spell to make donning easier, apparently a bit of transmutation would seem normal enough for magic clothing, but if they were animate, or turned invisible, or exploded, or...well, there are plenty of bad things they could do.

29. - Top - End - #1169

Card Table

Unlikely? I'd contest that there even are such things as 'likely' and 'unlikely' in the Nexus. Under the theory of infinite universes all probabilities become certainties at some point in space and time, so, being a crossroads between all the unending multiverses, there's an equal chance of any possible type of creature, spell or phenomenon manifesting itself here. Unless of course we assume that the mysterious method by which the Nexus draws in bits 'n pieces of other worlds is in some way weighted towards certain characteristics.

Anyway, yes, the Wraith actually can keep this up forever. Or at least until mundane exhaustion has him keeling over. Although the form of magic he practices is not perhaps the strongest, does not allow him world-shaking power or even the luxury of turning his enemies to frogs with a wave of his hand, it does have the benefit of drawing entirely from outside power sources. Short of a few very dangerous rituals, it enacts no physical cost upon the wielder as long as they can hold the spell in focus. If they can't, well.... Best not to dwell on that.

And the Wraith doesn't. He's too busy looking for a way out of this madhouse. The front door is locked and he doesn't care to try breaking through, not when the tendrils are snaking in from the walls. Instead he leaps from his table to the next over, then the next over, until he lands in near the center of the room, outside the shadows reach for now. Does anyone know a way out of here?

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Creeping Dread

As she stands there, hesitant, a sharp cry comes from up above. A mass of black feathers and wings takes off from higher up on the sheer cliff, leaving its nest in a raucous series of shrieking caws. Its sudden flight dislodges a cascade of rocks from its nest, and the whole mass of them come tumbling down the cliff directly towards Ormirrah, threatening her precarious perch if she doesn't think quickly.
    [Creeping Dread]

Ormirrah immediately looks upwards towards the source of the sound. Heights? She can't deal with heights. But monsters she can, and for the moment, it takes her off her focus of what's below. Or, more accurately, what's not below.

That's long enough to break her panicked immobility, and Ormirrah bolts off to the side, moving deftly despite how little ground she has to move on. Right now, she isn't thinking about how she might fall, she's thinking about how she might fight that buzzard thing, and it's making all the difference in the world. The feeling is familiar, and with familiarity comes comfort, even in life threatening situations.