New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Since we're on the topic of Irelia, what skill order should we get on her and what do you focus on first over others?
    WQWEWR or WEWQWR. I like the latter because it gets you out of level 2 ganks fairly easily. The former lets you start bullying people sooner though, so it's a trade-off. Then R>W>E>Q.

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Garen is one of those few matchups where I would actually suggest Wriggles+Phage core. He's kind of a bully.
    Agreed. Garen is one of those champs that make Wriggle's a good idea. If Garen isn't out-bullying Irelia, he's doing something pretty wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Stop playign Sona, start playing Soraka/Ali/Janna/Taric/Nunu/GP (SUPPORT NUNU IS SO GOOODDDDDDD)
    No love for Leona?

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    All of my money. Forget my plans to buy more junglers, I'm saving for Lulu.
    She looks so much fun. Very much a proactive support. New mission: farm the 2300k IP I'll need to get her ASAP.

EDIT: Wow. That skin looks badass.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-03-16 at 08:19 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

New Graves skin is awesome.

Oh, and...anyone interested in watching Nhat Nguyen play Lulu?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

3. - Top - End - #843
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    WQWEWR or WEWQWR. I like the latter because it gets you out of level 2 ganks fairly easily. The former lets you start bullying people sooner though, so it's a trade-off. Then R>W>E>Q.
    I personally like to run QE or EQ if I'm the beneficiary of a level 2 gank myself; gives me the most early chase and CC to go with it. Suffice to say, the order of the first 3 ranks depends entirely on the game scenario.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

~

5. - Top - End - #845

Lulu is SUCH a Cloud Cuckoo Lander.

"You see more with your eyes closed."
    "Yup, that tasted purple!"
    "Never look a tulip in the eye."

And she even says "Vrooom! Vrooom!" when casting W on an ally.

Also, that harass from her passive!
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

New Graves skin is awesome.

Oh, and...anyone interested in watching Nhat Nguyen play Lulu?
    I want Lulu. OH MY GOD. I want Lulu.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to leave you all with something more mindbogling than ever before.

Her ult increases model size.

Lulu Ult + Surge + Dominion Buff + Full Stacks Cho'Gath.

The size man... the size...
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I personally like to run QE or EQ if I'm the beneficiary of a level 2 gank myself; gives me the most early chase and CC to go with it. Suffice to say, the order of the first 3 ranks depends entirely on the game scenario.
    A very good point, actually.

9. - Top - End - #849

New item: Maw of Malmortius

+55 AD, +36 MR, UNIQUE PASSIVE: 400 HP shield on magic damage when below 30% health (Hexdrinker passive), UNIQUE PASSIVE: You gain +1 AD for each 2.5% HP that you are missing.

Builds from Hexdrinker and Pickaxe. 3300 gold total cost.

10. - Top - End - #850

+55 AD, +36 MR, UNIQUE PASSIVE: 400 HP shield on magic damage when below 30% health (Hexdrinker passive), UNIQUE PASSIVE: You gain +1 AD for each 2.5% HP that you are missing.

Stacks with tyrn's Q? That's crazy!!!!!! I can see alot of tyrns and rivens getting this item.

11. - Top - End - #851

They were talking about that one back when they made Hexdrinker originally. They couldn't figure out a way to make it balanced. Seems like this iteration would be strong on Riven and Lee Sin.

EDIT: You're paying for a lot of unnecessary MR unless you're going for a tanky DPS sort of Trynd. Just get a Bloodthirster instead.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-03-16 at 09:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Colossus in the Playground

With all this talk about the new AD caster item, I'm just wishing they'll finally roll Lifesteal into Physical Damage abilities and limit Spellvamp only into magical. It makes no sense that you have to build SPELLvamp on Pantheon/Riven/Garen/Whathaveyou anyways. That would improve AD caster itemization so much.

And maybe making critical chance act as a direct damage multiplier to the bonus portion of the damage (only bonus tho; multiplying the whole damage would obviously be too strong, but making Crit Chance act like Deathcap for AD casters would work); still not as strong as autoattack crits of course but that would open up AD caster itemization a ton (and make Bloodthirster even better but even then, Talon would be no more special than Akali in that regard).

Seriously, the fact that three of the four systems in place for AD champs (ASpd, crit, lifesteal, AD) don't function for AD casters kinda makes their itemization stupid and fixing that would require redesigning of the whole itembase ground-up. Easier just to roll the existing systems that are logically easy to enable for AD casters into the AD caster itemization.

The change wouldn't even necessary overpower existing champs with the current values since outside Youmuu's and BTs these stats barely see building on AD casters, and even in those two cases Youmuu's is invariably a superlate build due to its relatively low cost-efficiency on melee casters. It might make Corki and Ezreal strongish but that's about it.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-03-16 at 09:07 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

13. - Top - End - #853

Patch Preview video up.

Rammus nerf, Jax ult changed, Shaco scaling tweaked, Lifesteal items nerf. Oh, and better nerf Irelia while we're at it.

That Irelia nerf sounds like quite a bit...and I'm actually okay with it.

14. - Top - End - #854

Dislike life steal nerfs, fan of BT stacks change, fan of shaco and rammus changes (from what I can see) and I think I'm probably a fan of Jax change. Pretty much nobody I play got changed, so the only change of note for me is the Vamp Scepter nerf, because man I already went kinda low on Mundo sometimes. I guess I need ASpd blues, then.

EDIT: Oh, and Rammus QoL change so, so, so, so, so good.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-03-16 at 09:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Garen is one of those few matchups where I would actually suggest Wriggles+Phage core. He's kind of a bully.
    Agreed. Garen is one of those champs that make Wriggle's a good idea. If Garen isn't out-bullying Irelia, he's doing something pretty wrong.
    He was bad then. xD

That Irelia nerf sounds like quite a bit...and I'm actually okay with it.
    'Alright, so we're nerfing the two abilities you actually play Irelia for.'
    Sigh.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #856

Let me rephrase: I'm okay with Irelia's nerfs because I don't play Irelia, and often play against her.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

>.>

<.<

...better nerf Irelia.

Sorry, had to say it.

I'll... I'll have to see the numbers. It'll really depend on how bad it is vs. the general lifesteal nerf, I suppose.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

That item sounds... mediocre, actually. Looking at it, you're dropping 5 AD from the bases, so the 2.5% isn't necessarily huge (you need to be down 12.5% just to make it "even" with having a hexdrinker and a pickaxe). For 3300, you get, if you can sit at one HP, 95 AD, 36 MR, and a shield. It's not terrible, but the fact is very few people can sit at suck low HP, and since it's got no multiplicative effects, it only really works on tanky DPS types that want MR and pure damage. I guess it could work on Riven, Panth, and a few others, but it doesn't really do anything to draw in people who weren't already buying a hexdrinker, since it's essentially just a slightly stronger hexdrinker.
    Last edited by PEACH; 2012-03-16 at 09:40 PM.
    You rang?

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

>.>
    I'll... I'll have to see the numbers. It'll really depend on how bad it is vs. the general lifesteal nerf, I suppose.
    If they're really nerfing so much sustain, it probably won't be long before Nasus is hit. I mean, technically, he gets better than a Vampiric Scepter at level 1 now.

It'd have to depend on the numbers, I agree, but I hope they aren't too severe. It's kind of the reason why people pick Nasus and Irelia. Sustain in lane and powerful lategames.

Although, then again, you can just get a philostone for mana sustain and activate the W, autoattacking minions. I kinda always get philostone on her anyway.

Also, is anyone considering dualcasting Lulu's ult with Renekton/Nasus ultimates? Lulu's ult slows enemies around the recipient constantly, right? That's like, 900 health added onto already tanky-oriented characters and a slow that keeps them in the percentage-based ultimates.
    Last edited by Boowells; 2012-03-16 at 09:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Orc in the Playground

Plus they get even bigger! But yeah, giving some decent sticking power to Nasus and Renekton is pretty good, so ulting them is nice. In general, it seems like the kind of ult you want to put on your tanky DPS champ (or, I guess, a mage who tends to be in the center of fights) for the extra stickiness.
    You rang?

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Plus they get even bigger! But yeah, giving some decent sticking power to Nasus and Renekton is pretty good, so ulting them is nice. In general, it seems like the kind of ult you want to put on your tanky DPS champ (or, I guess, a mage who tends to be in the center of fights) for the extra stickiness.
    I'd rather knock people off the carry and let them kite melee champs a little harder, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Boowells View Post
    percentage-based ultimates.
    Renekton's is stupid and bad and not percentage based. Totally not a Nasus player.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

I play Irelia for Q and W. Bladesurge = best ability design in the game. Hiten Style is arguably the worst but w/e.

Hiten Style nerf has been a long time coming, Ult's CD was widely accepted as outrageously short. If they're really doing what they're suggesting that they're doing, weakening her laning but leaving her teamfighting be, I'm totally okay with these nerfs. I own two Irelia skins.

New itemization is welcome. The thing is, while it doesn't offer anything to anyone who didn't buy Hexdrinker, people who bought Hexdrinker finally have something to build it into. It has potential on Lee Sin, at least, so I'll give it a try the next time I lane Lee Sin versus Vlad or something. The MR portion is a bit low, sadly.

Loving the BT nerf (AD carries who can actually farm get off of the ground way too fast, IMO), accepting the Wriggles nerf. It kind of deserved it.

I would put Lulu's ult on my carry to peel for them. Because that's what a good support does.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boowells View Post
    If they're really nerfing so much sustain, it probably won't be long before Nasus is hit. I mean, technically, he gets better than a Vampiric Scepter at level 1 now.
    They've left Morgana's passive alone, so maybe not. But then, lifesteal is *much* better than spellvamp, and I'm kind of surprised it took them this long to nerf the lifesteal items after they already decided Revolver/WotA/Gunblade was 'too much sustain' for casters, so... perhaps they will hit Nasus on that basis (Lifesteal being a better recovery tool than an equivalent amount of spellvamp.)

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Renekton's is stupid and bad and not percentage based.
    It isn't? EDIT: Oh, hey, wow. It isn't. Although, Nasus and Lulu will be very close friends. Those ultimates, man.

As to Lulu's ultimate, I agree. It could be used in a variety of ways. Technically, it's going to result in more effective HP on tanks because they have resistances for survival, where carries have lifesteal for survival, but it does have a knockback. I don't think the slow is going to be TOO useful for carries because bruisers generally have gap closers. Fiora, especially, has a double gap closer, which is plenty enough for the duration of Lulu's ultimate.
    Last edited by Boowells; 2012-03-16 at 09:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

I'd rather knock people off the carry and let them kite melee champs a little harder, honestly.
    Also a fine option, but I live in a magical theoryland where AD carries aren't getting swarmed by multiple people in melee. If the carry needs it, the carry needs it, but my gut feeling is that it's probably more effective in the abstract to use it to help keep the enemies from ever getting to the carry. After all, if NasusZilla is beating up the guy going after the carry, they're still slowed just as much by Lulu's ult as if you had Kogzilla instead.
    You rang?

26. - Top - End - #866

Dislike life steal nerfs, fan of BT stacks change, fan of shaco and rammus changes (from what I can see) and I think I'm probably a fan of Jax change. Pretty much nobody I play got changed, so the only change of note for me is the Vamp Scepter nerf, because man I already went kinda low on Mundo sometimes. I guess I need ASpd blues, then.

EDIT: Oh, and Rammus QoL change so, so, so, so, so good.
    Spellvamp quints mundo is best mundo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm watching the streams and waiting....waiting...

...waiting for the moment when they finally do Nalulu combo. I want to see how effective it is.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Also a fine option, but I live in a magical theoryland where AD carries aren't getting swarmed by multiple people in melee. gapclosers don't exist
    FTFY.

Spellvamp Mundo is pretty legit, though.

29. - Top - End - #869

I've always wondered, is it a noticeable improvement to lifesteal quints on Mundo?

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

I've always wondered, is it a noticeable improvement to lifesteal quints on Mundo?
    No clue. Who actually owns Lifesteal quints? Unless you're Nasus there isn't a great deal of incentive to purchase them. Spellvamp quints have like infinite utility.