New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] LORD MAGTOK'S BOOT CAMP FOR WANNABE SUPERVILLAINS

Airborne Flag Fight

Note to self: play Jet Set Radio.

But Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet is less than pleased. He had it all wrapped up, but this stupid, smelly, human had to go and grab the flag. He wants to hang on. Fine. The Doc will see just how strong this kid's grip is. He starts with a hopefully puke inducing series of barrel rolls.

It's also worth noting he's flying several feet in the air at an upward angle. The direction is perpendicular to Magtok's seats, to Magtok's right, if it comes up.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #122

Flagpole

"Right, this is getting entirely too ridiculous. Sorry, but I've got to borrow that comfy shoulder you're using, I need to end this now, or we'll be stuck here all season."

Magtok slowly picks himself up off the bench, peers at the two scrambling for individual claim over the flag, and then scowls. Magtok's feeling a bit sicker just looking at those awful barrel rolls that the duo is performing, to say nothing of how the two actually caught in such aerial acrobatic must feel. Getting this to work is going to be a little difficult, but maybe if he times it just right...

Magtok disappears momentarily, and then is spat out of a portal a few few away and into the air, with an arm outstretched towards the flag. Should he get his hand on it, he'll quickly call out "Stop! You both win!"

Hopefully it'll be enough to get them to stop spinning and not get him caught in the madness as well. This has gone long enough as is, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

[Flagpole]

Devi's grin only gets wider as she turns from Plat. She doesn't seem to mind the swatting. She peers up at the aerial battle for the flag and holds her lightsaber up, considering something. Luckily, we don't get to see whatever crazy thing she was planning to do next, because Magtok steps, er, telewarps in!

"Hey! No fair! We weren't done yet! I could have totally gotten that."

The thermomage seems quite upset that her chance at "glory" was taken away from her. She gives Magtok a betrayed look.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Capture the Flag

"Guess you shouldn't have stopped for sloppy makeouts," Salixtra says, golf clapping for the winners.

Of course her own plan was shot. She was going to use her poison ivy lipstick to intercept the flag at the last minute - if the flag carrier wasn't too disgusting. Since most of her fellow students didn't meet that qualification, it had been a long shot anyway. And she wasn't too disappointed. Being at the very top would make her a target. Better to be near the top of the class.

As for Plat turning his attentions to Devi, that is completely inconsequential. Not even worthy of thinking about. It isn't as if Salixtra is interested in him, even a little. She won't dwell on the sound of his singing voice, or how pleased Devi looked after being kissed by him. No, not even for one second.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #125

The cyborg wouldn't "stop" the saucer, per se. The saucer keeps going, but Doc stops shortly after being told the contest was over. The brakes screech, because that's just what the counter propulsion sounds like. The rest of the saucer decloaks and he lowers the three of them slowly to the ground. He better not get screwed on the so called prize.

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Flagpole

Plat doesn't say anything, feeling smug with himself. He'd gotten what he wanted. More than one thing too.

To rub it in a bit more, he obviously eyes Devi's backside in front of Salixtra and gives a slight smile before looking at Magtok, waiting for more news.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flagpole]

Well, this gives Starfish a chance to pull herself out from under the flagpole. They just had to go and cut it down, didn't they? Sore and just a bit rattled, she grumbles and brushes herself off.

She would have had it, too! She was this close to just taking the flag straight away, before anyone else could even react to the challenge! But no, all these stupid crazy people had to... well, be crazy.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

[Airborne Flag Fight]

((Sidenote: I don't think Jet Set Radio plays quite like I just described. I kinda took the general feel of that series and smashed it with a character from an anime called s-CRY-ed. Still a good game, from all I hear, definitely worth checking out. ))

At first, CD seemed to be enjoying himself as the UFO spun out of control. "WOOOAAAH! WOOOAAAH! YEEEEH- oh god. I'm getting diiiiizzy heeee-" And then Magtok reaches out and grabs the flag. Just as the world started to somehow spin in reverse for CD, the UFO just stopped. His head lulls to the side a bit as he tries to undizzy himself in his head. It's not working out too well, really.

In any case, there he is, hanging from the bottom of the flag, almost-bare feet dangling in the air.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

[Standing off to the side]

Ozzy's grin falters. Did magtok just cave into the ridiculous? was he planning this, or just wanted it to end? this was entertaining!

Magtok, at this point, loses some cred with Ozzy.

His grin is only gain for a moment though, before it strikes back up, and he walks towards the group, inwardly sighing.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #130

Flagpole

Magtok sighs in exasperation, pressing his hand against his forehead. "Sure, Devi, whatever you want. You win, too. Whatever."

He then turns his head over towards Pat, instead of the winners. Looks like he still has some stuff to say before he hands out prizes.

"Pat, would you mind repeating what our team's lizard said was his reason for not participating? I'd ask him himself, but I'm almost certain the clueless iguana's long since forgotten every word of it."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

[Flagpole]

"Victory!"

Devi triumphantly pumps a fist in the air. She takes things way too seriously. After her celebratory action, the thermomage takes the time to fix her sunglasses. Gotta look cool.

"Now what?"

Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Flagpole

Pat looks up from her trashy romance novel (Burning-Desire-With-Lustful-Intent: an Exalted novel. Bit wordy, but worth the read). "He said that it was merely Minion's work to try and capture a flag for you."

Plat takes a few steps towards Salixtra, not paying any attention to her, but at least being nearby to reestablish his presence.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

[Hanging from the Flag]

Seemingly ignorant of all the insults and inaccurate distribution of the title of "Winner", CD eventually speaks up, looking somewhat at the UFO above him as he does so.

"Heeeeeeey, UFO Guy? Can you like, set me down pleeease? I uh, I'm kinda dizzy right now from all that spinning and I kinda can't feel my fingers right now."

...Wow. I'm surprised he actually managed to accomplish that.

"I know, man, I am too." CD half-heartedly mumbles to seemingly nobody. The way his head is lightly bobbing, one would assume he has spirals for eyes right now. Whether or not he does, however, is masked by goggles.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #134

Flagpole

Doctor Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet has lowered the pair to the ground. Hopping out and grabbing a stake of the flag in his own paws. Using his car beeper, the UFO releases the flag then floats up and recloaks. Pulling out his Uzi he points it at CD. Won't have any funny business from Skaterboy.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nearby]

Ozzy continues to grin, and lets off a shrug. He doesn't mind that Magtok insulted him; he has more confidence in his intelligence than Magtok gives him credit for, and he can exhibit that when it comes time to do so. Whatever.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground

[Flagpole]

CD is unceremoniously flopped onto the ground. He just sits up a bit, though, recollecting himself a bit. After a while, he looks over at the Doctor, giving him a bit of a confused look. "Oh, hey there. How come you're a cartoon monkey with a machine gun and a labcoat? And why are you pointing that gun at me?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Flagpole

Magtok clears his throat.

"Yes, well...as loathe as I might be to admit it, the dragon was right. It was my intent all along to have you do stupid, useless, utterly trivial minion work, and you fell for it without so much as a second thought."

A small smirk spreads across his face.

"You do know how minions are rewarded for completing their demeaning work, correct? You know at least that much, certainly?"

He clasps his hands together, and that smirk twists into a massive grin. Oh, he's enjoying this so much, especially after having to endure Devi's whining a few moments ago.

"They're rewarded by being given even more demeaning minion work, kiddies. All three of you get latrine duty for a month. Let this be a lesson and junk. Oh, and try not to show up to my classes smelling like your chores, would you? Thanks."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Salixtra allows herself a little smirk at Devi's expense.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #139

The doctor angrily grits his teeth! What!? Minion's work!? How does that even begin to make sense! That tin jackass is the teacher! Are they supposed to ignore every assignment he gives them? This is nonsense! Doc should just kill-No, he's better than that. He's better than these fools. He'll handle this like a black-pants should, not a red. Bear it with quiet dignity, have him expect nothing from the chimp. Burn him for it, HARD. Leave no trace back to yourself. The scowl has changed to a smirk. No anger here.

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

The elven rapper can't help but smile a tiny bit at the reward. "Glad you didn't run after the flag now?" He asks Salixtra without looking at her.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course," she says. "Aren't you going to be the gallant and volunteer to take latrine duty for your Ice Angel?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Plat snorts slightly. "I like her, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sacrifice myself for someone I just met less than an hour ago." He tells her with the slightest of smiles. "Not for nothing anyway."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

"If I were in her place, I'd certainly make it worth your while," Salixtra says. "But I guessed what Magtok was up to from the beginning."

She's lying. She had been planning on waiting till someone got close to Magtok with the flag and then ambushing them at the last minute with her knockout lipstick. But no point in letting anyone find that out now.

"I suppose I should find out how the Partnership Collective is doing on getting my vehicle and gear replaced."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"And here I thought you didn't have anything that you could offer to make it worth my while." Plat says casually before turning to look at Magtok, waiting for more talk.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[To Magtok!]

The cyborg who find someone approaching! "So, Maggy, this begs the question, what about us that figured out your little ploy and didn't chase after the flag? Business as usual, whetever that is?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

[Flagpole]

"What?! But that-

Devi begins to protest, but abruptly shuts her mouth. Her face burns with embarrassment, perhaps literally as the heat rises around the furious and shamed thermomage. She clenches her fists and glares at Magtok, and at the students who were too lazy to bother trying to get the flag. She doubts that the prospective supervillains who abstained from the activity predicted Magtok would punish the winner; they just didn't want to do any real work! And of course the cowardly cyborg rewarded the cowards! Devi stands scowling where she is, silently fuming and planning revenge.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-04-15 at 06:17 PM.

Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flagpole]

Starfish would grumble, but she's too busy recovering from being nearly unconscious. The whole thing is stupid anyway. She's the best. She shouldn't have to put up with this just to make other people know it! If all he's going to teach is not to listen to him, how the heck is she supposed to do that?

Maybe she can punch him sometime. That aughta work. Stupid smug cyborg.

No, she's not bitter.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

"Guess you can keep thinking that, if you like," Salixtra says to Plat. Then to Magtok, "Two of your students destroyed a brand new vehicle along with a significant amount of laboratory equipment worth <bluh Nexus economy>. I need those loses indemnified before I can authorize my lawyers to release the lien on this school."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #149

Flag Pole
    Right now, Alan knows that those with latrine duty were the lucky ones. When he was in the army you were lucky to get that instead of being assigned to put down wire on the front.
    And he could only assume that Magtok would have worse punishments down the road.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suppose I will." Plat tells Salixtra before heading over to stand by Devi and setting a hand on her shoulder. "Just remember, it could have been worse. And I hope you at least think the fight itself was worth it." He asks of her with a wink.