New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

So...

Today I found out that the kid I hate with every fiber of my being since he threatened to pull a knife on me has come out as gay.

And I'm seriously doubting it.

I don't know if it's just my hate for him clouding my thoughts, but I don't believe him because he would constantly jeer at me since I came out. Usually making fun of my sexuality by calling me a mud digger, fairy boy, ect...

And he'd always boast about how many girls he has done it with, not to mention saying that he has a kid.

I just...don't know guys. Should I be feeling so strongly about this? I mean, when I heard about it I wanted to go out and just wail on him, because in my mind he was thinking that being gay is the new trend...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #962
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...

Today I found out that the kid I hate with every fiber of my being since he threatened to pull a knife on me has come out as gay.

I don't know if it's just my hate for him clouding my thoughts, but I don't believe him because he would constantly jeer at me since I came out. Usually making fun of my sexuality by calling me a mud digger, fairy boy, ect...

And he'd always boast about how many girls he has done it with, not to mention saying that he has a kid.

I just...don't know guys. Should I be feeling so strongly about this? I mean, when I heard about it I wanted to go out and just wail on him, because in my mind he was thinking that being gay is the new trend...
    It is possible that he abused you so much because he was so insecure about being gay himself, due to whatever upbringing he had.
    Alternatively, seeing as you hate him so much anyway, why not try ignoring him completely instead of exerting energy hating him?
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Alternatively, seeing as you hate him so much anyway, why not try ignoring him completely instead of exerting energy hating him?
    This is the advice I was about to give. Doesn't matter what sexual orientation, gender, or sex they are, if they're bastards they're bastards, and it's better off ignoring them - if they continue to make snide comments towards you, it's better to ignore them and rant about it to other people to get your anger at them out in a safer place.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

And sometimes even gay people can be real *******s.

Only because someone is a member of an ostracised minority doesn't mean they are good people. Stupid idiots can be found everywhere.
    I think the best policy with sexual identities is always to treat a person as what they say they are. Which in everything but pronouns should not really make a difference at all.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #965
    Barbarian in the Playground

It is possible that he abused you so much because he was so insecure about being gay himself, due to whatever upbringing he had.
    I can't explain it well...

It's not like I constantly hate him, it's just that when ever he comes up that hate comes back, full force.
    Most of the time I ignore him.

And thanks everyone, the points you've made have made a lot of sense.
    Though I'm still peeved. Stupid teenagers making me feel stupid. >.<
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Splooge is just another word for male orgasm. The first google hit noparlepasfrancais and KenderWizard saw -- I'm guessing it's the "drive by splooging" in urbandictionary -- is unrelated to my purport.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I don't know if it's a false stereotype, so much that - I think - it's a much more complicated process for women, and for whatever reason - social pressures, guilt, lack of opportunity, lack of interest, lack of a willing partner... - the requisite experimentation to determine the right process doesn't happen.

As for my TMI... let's just say that thus far I only find those truly well-versed in the arts of glottology intellectually inspiring.
    To the first part -- that was my understanding, which I could not quite find the words for. Sploogery is a pre-fab kit from a hardware store; les petites morts are built from scratch.***

To the second part -- I wish you the glibbest poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    French's my first language!
    Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    So...

I highly doubt that be his motive!

I'm with noparlepasfrancais. If he bullied you in such a way, and has now come out sincerely, probably he was externalizing his internal self-hatred. I did that too to a certain degree when I was a young teenager in a conservative private Christian school. & he and I would not be the first. It's a trope. I pity him, for he has much healing to do.

While I understand your doubt at his sincerity, I cannot put my head around his coming out as gay to be trendy.

Your strong feelings, on the other hand, are quite valid. - but know that his attacking you came from a place of deep pain, and I promise you that one day he will regret it. Use that knowledge to forgive him or destroy him as you will.

Also, *gay hug of comfort*

Spoiler
    Show
    Which is why I sympathize with women so much. For guys it is not always so easy as the jokes dictate. On my own it's no problem, but my partners have treated me like a carpentry project -- all eager sandblasting and power tools, and focused purely on the wood, forgetting all the little niceties of design that finish a project.

Hence my perennial lack of completion. I'm close to an official declaration of celibacy just to end the parade of unskilled labour.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-04-03 at 04:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which is why I sympathize with women so much. For guys it is not always so easy as the jokes dictate. On my own it's no problem, but my partners have treated me like a carpentry project -- all eager sandblasting and power tools, and focused purely on the wood, forgetting all the little niceties of design that finish a project.

Hence my perennial lack of completion. I'm close to an official declaration of celibacy just to end the parade of unskilled labour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe no one has told them before that that's not how you do it. I know I would suck (no pun intended) if I tried out my french on someone considering that I've never chatted in french with a fellow.

This brings me back to the point of that it's best to articulate what's being done right and what's being done wrong during the conversation and what the person would like to be done.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-03 at 04:48 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe no one has told them before that that's not how you do it. I know I would suck (no pun intended) if I tried out my french on someone considering that I've never chatted in french with a fellow.

This brings me back to the point of that it's best to article what's being done right and what's being done wrong during the conversation and what the person would like to be done.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're absolutely right of course, but each and every time I find myself paralyzed by my innate Anglo-Canadian politeness and suffer in silence.

The other thing is, French came to me as naturally as talking to myself, and everybody I've spoken to says my pronunciation is perfect -- so either 1) I'm talented, 2) everyone else blows, or 3) I have a weirdly finicky unit.

I like to whisper, but sometimes I don't know what to say, so I just go up to your ear all "pssspssspssspssspsss"
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-04-03 at 04:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You're absolutely right of course, but each and every time I find myself paralyzed by my innate Anglo-Canadian politeness and suffer in silence.

The other thing is, French came to me as naturally as talking to myself, and everybody I've spoken to says my pronunciation is perfect -- so either 1) I'm talented, 2) everyone else blows, or 3) I have a weirdly finicky unit.

I like to whisper, but sometimes I don't know what to say, so I just go up to your ear all "pssspssspssspssspsss"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My guess is that you're very lucky to be that naturally talented since this problem is not a male only problem and at least in my experience there has only been one girl that didn't need at least some grammar lessons.

And if you are that talented then you can whisper anything you want my good sir

Also awww those are cute bears even though they are vicious killing machines that can run at 60 km/h and will kill for fun... And now I want a coca cola damn mental programming.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-04-03 at 04:57 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

10. - Top - End - #970
    Bugbear in the Playground

I may have slipped my tongue and thus outed myself as bi-sexual. Not to my family or close friends though. (Close friends wouldn't matter that much, since I'm already out of the proverbial closet for some.)

(Spoilers due to length.)

Spoiler
    Show
    See, since I have (temporarily?) given up on university and becoming a librarian or archivist (due to my inability to understand or finish the tasks I need to accomplish; long story, it's related to some of my depression and concentration issues), so I'm in some kind of project/program my town runs for the unemployed. (I've been in contact with a doctor and a nurse specialized in psychiatry about these health problems of mine.)

Today, we had a seminar about domestic violence, laws against it, when those laws came to be (in Sweden), statistics comparing types of violence against women and against men, etc. LGBT issues, and the issue of hetero-normative bias, were brought up, to a degree. It was mentioned that there had been a case of a lesbian hitting her partner, but also that it's quite recent to discuss this within the legal system. The seminar host also mentioned a recent case in which a (cis) female had physically abused her boyfriend for years. We also saw a part of an educational film about a family suffering from a tyrannical father/husband. Which lead to the obligatory discussion about the film and what it was telling *us*.

One of those who participated in the seminar asked the seminar host how she would act/react if she was the abusive man. This kinda perplexed her. (There was quite a lot of confusing stuff going on, at least partially due to cultural clashes between this film and its story about a "typically" Swedish family and their friends/neighbors - beside the abuse - and some of the participants who weren't born in Sweden.) This made me say that, at least for me, it's useless to think myself as that particular man, because:

First because he clearly had some kind of mental issue, like a personality disorder, if not being an outright psychopath, but I warned that I may have a bias after watching a documentary about psychopaths and connection between violent (and "evil") behavior and genetics the evening before.

Second because if I *ever*, EVER, hit my girlfriend, boyfriend, or best friend, I would immediately regret it and I would curl up in fetal position and I would report myself to the police ASAP. More or less in those words.

(She pointed out that in her experience, as someone who works with domestic violence, including husbands/boyfriends who abuses wives/girlfriends, men with personality disorders over-represented, but not many of them are actual psychopaths, and unlike common belief, not that many of them have alcohol issues.)

One good thing though is that I didn't start to go on about 1938's Superman or RoboCop (I did keep *thinking* about them), though I did seriously ask about what rights I have to as a 3rd part to stop violence against (in this case) a woman, beside calling the police. (We're not allowed to be excessive; we're allowed to use as much force as needed, like taking and holding down the violent person, but not hit him - or her.)

On a lighter note (but still illustrative of my though process ):

Going home from the university library (having there tried to print out stuff, which didn't work ), I saw two gents walking with their dogs. Except one of them was skateboarding while the dog was running. So, they met, and their dogs got interested in each other. Walking guy asked skateboarding guy how it was to skateboard, skateboarder said it's nice. One of them asked if the other fella's dog was female, which the other replied, no, he's male.

At that moment, I wanted to shout: "Hey, they could still want to live with each other, right!?"

Of course I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    So, after a long night of soul searching, I've decided that my previous bi/straight/gay conundrum wasn't asking the right question. What I'm really attracted to is maturity. I'm 8000+ years old, and I deserve to have a mate with the same sense of scale and sweep, the same long view of history as I do. With that in mind, I've decided to set my sights high. I've found someone new (or old, as you see fit), who I intend to seduce. Like me, she's the re-embodiment of a being who's been alive for millennia. Every time her body dies, she uses the core of her being to acquire a new one, similar to me. She's well known in the biological sciences, and is something of an expert in cloning. And she's also, well, I'll let you read her wikipedia page.

We have so much in common. Plus, she's probably as intelligent as most of the humans I know.

Happy april fools.
    Awwww.

You will have to move to her home, if it's going to be a long time relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't understand this one. Is it the guilt that you've got it too good to dare ask for better that makes you an ally?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, kinda. Yora explained it better, expect not connecting it with being an ally. Also, read my response to Musashi.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is completely tangential, but "burying the hatchet" is one of those phrases, like "tar baby," that sounds racist but isn't. "Indian giver" would've been a better example. I cringe every time I hear that. And if the Viking are Native Americans, so are the Quakers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know "Indian giver" or "tar baby" means. Ah well, off to Wikipedia later.

I meant that those Vikings, if they really did manage to settle in North America (it's a very specific group we're talking about, who supposedly lived on in some Native American legends/folklore as a peculiar fair-skinned tribe, and not just *any* Vikings who had been in North America), were living LIKE Native Americans/Amerindians, not that they actually "were" Native Americans.

In complete honesty, that's not being an ally, that's just neglecting your own health for wrong reasons.
    If you don't think your friends have it worse than you, you'll have little trouble finding someone else you think does.
    I meant that by being an ally (as in ally of minority groups in general, not just LGBTA+), you'll get to be friends with wonderful people who will help you too.

As for the other topics I brought up in my "How You Know You're An Ally", I admit that I have some odd thoughts/thought processes going on. ._.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's a weird sort of wish-fulfillment fantasy there
    On the other hand, I guess it's your fantasy, and the point of a fantasy is that it's personal and rarely rational. *shrugs*
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just don't want to feel like I'm a bad person. ._.

Does it get less weird if I (in this fantasy) lead a super-spy agency protecting human rights all over world, and that (one of) my girlfriend(s) is a gorgeous trans female, Two-Spirit First Nation, who is also a shaman and a special forces officer? Or am I digging myself deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Feelings of guilt because you think you should not complain because you don't have problems observable by outsiders are normal. Or rather say, common.

It's feeling that all you really need to do is pulling yourself together and the problems are gone, as there are no outside factors that would hold you back. Complaining that you need help even though there seems nothing wrong with you would make you look whiny and disrespectful about people with actual problems. It's like you're just too lazy to solve your problems and want someone else to do it for you instead.

Been there, like lots of other people.
    But that's not how it works and any specialist you might see about it understands that. They won't tell you that you're fine and are just wasting their time. If you feel bad about your situation and it does not go away, you have something, even if it's completely irrational. And most often it can be treated, but it's not a matter of willpower. It needs treatment.
    Thank you. That's pretty much what I felt. *hugs if wanted*

Trust me, I've been there as well.
    Comparing one's suffering to another person's is only a demonstration of pity, or sympathy at best, though. It still doesn't make one an ally of the cause. My mother constantly undermines her own pain or problems, sometimes mentioning kids starving in Africa, but that doesn't make her non-racist. (She's the ignorant kind of racist, not the hateful kind.)
    ._.

Good point, but still:

._.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    What.
    Please explain what you don't understand and/or take issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    They shouldn't have a major effect on your sex life. Antidepressants go for the serotonine and norepinephrine systems; ADHD medication are dopamine-specific.
    Oh crap.

I knew there was a reason I wanted to try "talk" therapy (CBT, not Freud, BTW) before *maybe* trying medication (when I was talking with the doctor).

Spoiler
    Show
    I really hope one doesn't get difficulty in climax, while still wanting to do it/still being interested in having partners. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Well, the conversation went something like... (TMI)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amanda: 'But how do you know you're bi if you're a virgin?'

Me: '... Why wouldn't I be able to tell?'

Her: 'But, you can't know you like guys until you've been with one...'

I ended up having to ask if a certain act 'qualified' one to be gay (or, in this case, bi)... And, well;

Me: "...I can kinda do that by myself... >.>"

She freaked out pretty hilariously at that point. It was also the last time she challenged me about it.

So, yeah... Pretty much depends on how important someone else is.
    Awesome.

x.@ Everything about that is seriously messed up. *Hugs*
    I no rite? @.@

BIOLOGICAL LIFE IS MERELY RAW MATERIAL TO BE HARVESTED FOR THE COLLECTIVE. *_*
    You may take our lives, but you may not TAKE! OUR! FREEEEEEDOOOOOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Ah, gotcha.
    (Your sister thinks only gay folks do that? That's seems very naive. Also, pegging~)

I need to be careful because I can get very talky about sexytimes despite having never done them. I just like reading about stuff. >.>
    I know what you mean! I like to read about military history, strategy & tactics, special forces, military intelligence, aircrafts, weapons, nuclear science, etc, but that doesn't mean I'm planning to take over the world or something!

Or Am I?

>.>

<.<

Oh, that wasn't my sister - Amanda was a friend of mine in high school. We actually had a bit of a crush on each other, but I was too... Well, too much the way I was in high school to talk much about it. We constantly joked about that sort of thing, though (unless she thought I'd explain that response - she usually hit me in advance to make sure I wouldn't ).

I'm not certain whether she knew about that(~ ) or not, but I figured it was probably a good angle to approach from - she did stop arguing with me.

Way awesome.

I should probably slow down too - I'm a total perv once I get started talking about things.
    Tell me about it.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

11. - Top - End - #971

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    I may have slipped my tongue and thus outed myself as bi-sexual. Not to my family or close friends though. (Close friends wouldn't matter that much, since I'm already out of the proverbial closet for some.)
    Welp. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good thing.

One good thing though is that I didn't start to go on about 1938's Superman or RoboCop (I did keep *thinking* about them), though I did seriously ask about what rights I have to as a 3rd part to stop violence against (in this case) a woman, beside calling the police. (We're not allowed to be excessive; we're allowed to use as much force as needed, like taking and holding down the violent person, but not hit him - or her.)
    If, while attempting to restrain this violent person, the violent person turns on you and hits you, can you use more force to protect yourself?
    Jude P.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

I was more about hugs giving, as I got over that two months ago. Happened probably to all of us. People will take it more serious than you think.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

13. - Top - End - #973
    Colossus in the Playground

To the second part -- I wish you the glibbest poets.
    Everyone deserves one of those
    Spoiler
    Show

I feel ya

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, kinda.
    I hate this username so much.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know "Indian giver" or "tar baby" means. Ah well, off to Wikipedia later.

I meant that those Vikings, if they really did manage to settle in North America (it's a very specific group we're talking about, who supposedly lived on in some Native American legends/folklore as a peculiar fair-skinned tribe, and not just *any* Vikings who had been in North America), were living LIKE Native Americans/Amerindians, not that they actually "were" Native Americans.
    Sorry, I forgot about the cultural barrier. An Indian giver is someone who expects their gifts back after they were given, like the Native Americans did by not understanding what an invasion looks like until they were already dining with Attila. A tar baby is a sticky situation that gets harder to get away from the more you fight it. In the Uncle Remus story, it's a literal doll covered in tar that traps Br'er Rabbit.

And I think I understand you better now; thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2012-04-03 at 06:14 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #975

Welp. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good thing.
    Nobody asked any questions and I didn't notice any odd looks, so it's possible nobody noticed. :-/

If, while attempting to restrain this violent person, the violent person turns on you and hits you, can you use more force to protect yourself?
    Well, if with you mean "holding harder", I assume as much. If I understand her correctly, you're not allowed to hit back with your fist, feet, elbow, etc.

Swedish laws are... quite different from American laws. Even from other European states' laws, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I was more about hugs giving, as I got over that two months ago. Happened probably to all of us. People will take it more serious than you think.
    That's okay, I love getting hugs as much as giving them!

Hears the intro music of Disney's The New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh inside my head. :-)

Glad to hear that you, as you say, got over it.

Heh. Didn't think about that.

Sorry, I forgot about the cultural barrier. An Indian giver is someone who expects their gifts back after they were given, like the Native Americans did by not understanding what an invasion looks like until they were already dining with Attila. A tar baby is a sticky situation that gets harder to get away from the more you fight it. In the Uncle Remus story, it's a literal doll covered in tar that traps Br'er Rabbit.
    Oooh... I could do some reading on American folktales. Interesting. I remember that one about the cowboy or sheriff who did a lot of incredibly awesome stuff, like an American Hercules but lighter in tone. Pecos Bill, IIRC.

Poor Natives. Saw a documentary about the Sami some time ago... not cool, previous Swedes. ._.

And I think I understand you better now; thanks for the response.
    Thanks to you too!
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

I kind of wish I stopped using this one, but I can't think of a better one. It grows on you, like a tumor. A big, annoying, ugly, painful tumor.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

17. - Top - End - #977

I've only had one opportunity to brush up on my French. It was... Pretty great.

I really want to talk about it, but there's just no way I could keep it board-appropriate - I can say that he said I was pretty good for my first time.

... And that I turned out to be more dextrous than I thought.

(Spoilers due to length.)

Spoiler
    Show
    See, since I have (temporarily?) given up on university and becoming a librarian or archivist (due to my inability to understand or finish the tasks I need to accomplish; long story, it's related to some of my depression and concentration issues), so I'm in some kind of project/program my town runs for the unemployed. (I've been in contact with a doctor and a nurse specialized in psychiatry about these health problems of mine.)

Today, we had a seminar about domestic violence, laws against it, when those laws came to be (in Sweden), statistics comparing types of violence against women and against men, etc. LGBT issues, and the issue of hetero-normative bias, were brought up, to a degree. It was mentioned that there had been a case of a lesbian hitting her partner, but also that it's quite recent to discuss this within the legal system. The seminar host also mentioned a recent case in which a (cis) female had physically abused her boyfriend for years. We also saw a part of an educational film about a family suffering from a tyrannical father/husband. Which lead to the obligatory discussion about the film and what it was telling *us*.

One of those who participated in the seminar asked the seminar host how she would act/react if she was the abusive man. This kinda perplexed her. (There was quite a lot of confusing stuff going on, at least partially due to cultural clashes between this film and its story about a "typically" Swedish family and their friends/neighbors - beside the abuse - and some of the participants who weren't born in Sweden.) This made me say that, at least for me, it's useless to think myself as that particular man, because:

First because he clearly had some kind of mental issue, like a personality disorder, if not being an outright psychopath, but I warned that I may have a bias after watching a documentary about psychopaths and connection between violent (and "evil") behavior and genetics the evening before.

Second because if I *ever*, EVER, hit my girlfriend, boyfriend, or best friend, I would immediately regret it and I would curl up in fetal position and I would report myself to the police ASAP. More or less in those words.

(She pointed out that in her experience, as someone who works with domestic violence, including husbands/boyfriends who abuses wives/girlfriends, men with personality disorders over-represented, but not many of them are actual psychopaths, and unlike common belief, not that many of them have alcohol issues.)

*Hugs* Most of them probably interpreted that as carefully-spoken. It sounds like there was a lot of focus on avoiding misandry and whatnot, so it probably came across as a general statement.

On a lighter note (but still illustrative of my though process ):

Going home from the university library (having there tried to print out stuff, which didn't work ), I saw two gents walking with their dogs. Except one of them was skateboarding while the dog was running. So, they met, and their dogs got interested in each other. Walking guy asked skateboarding guy how it was to skateboard, skateboarder said it's nice. One of them asked if the other fella's dog was female, which the other replied, no, he's male.

At that moment, I wanted to shout: "Hey, they could still want to live with each other, right!?"

Of course I didn't.

I meant that by being an ally (as in ally of minority groups in general, not just LGBTA+), you'll get to be friends with wonderful people who will help you too.

As for the other topics I brought up in my "How You Know You're An Ally", I admit that I have some odd thoughts/thought processes going on. ._.

Spoiler
    Show
    I just don't want to feel like I'm a bad person. ._.

Does it get less weird if I (in this fantasy) lead a super-spy agency protecting human rights all over world, and that (one of) my girlfriend(s) is a gorgeous trans female, Two-Spirit First Nation, who is also a shaman and a special forces officer? Or am I digging myself deeper?
    I caught that. Probably should have *hugged* you earlier; you don't have to try so hard to be supportive.

Awesome.
    *Giggle* Yeah...

You may take our lives, but you may not TAKE! OUR! FREEEEEEDOOOOOOM!
    I can if I bring you back as zombies.

Tell me about it.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

18. - Top - End - #978

Is it wrong that I have found a person that has been making me wish polyamory was more acceptable in society?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

19. - Top - End - #979
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Is it wrong that I have found a person that has been making me wish polyamory was more acceptable in society?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I believe some elaboration is needed.

20. - Top - End - #980

'Course not. What happened?
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So long as all parties consent, it should be alright. Now please go further in depth!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

22. - Top - End - #982

Can we take this to PM? I'm not really comfortable speaking about it in the open. :/

I just cleared all my messages to you guys.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

23. - Top - End - #983
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    So long as all parties consent, it should be alright. Now please go further in depth!
    That's what she said

24. - Top - End - #984
    Pixie in the Playground

I am new(!) and am going to be toying with the idea about maybe sort of operating as openly gay from the beginning of my time here? I mean, on the off chance that I integrate well, and that I stay for longer than one flame war (elsewhere on site!) then let's just get that out in the open. I like dudes.

And it's baffling why I still expect a fratboy (or Meathead-juicer, if you prefer) to strike me down every time I say that. Bluh.

I am Zampanó's internalized homophobia, and this is not a reference that I'm allowed to explain.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

Splooge is just another word for male orgasm. The first google hit noparlepasfrancais and KenderWizard saw -- I'm guessing it's the "drive by splooging" in urbandictionary -- is unrelated to my purport.
    I'm glad to have that confirmed!

Nobody asked any questions and I didn't notice any odd looks, so it's possible nobody noticed. :-/
    It's also possible they thought you were speaking hypothetically. You know, "My girlfriend, or, if I was into that kind of thing which I'm not, my boyfriend"

Also, (forgot to grab the quote and I have to go to college now) I'm glad someone explained what "Indian giver" means. I heard it somewhere and I didn't have a clue!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I'm glad to have that confirmed!
    I'm not! Make Love, Not Warcraft is now 10% creepier!
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zampanó View Post
    I am new(!) and am going to be toying with the idea about maybe sort of operating as openly gay from the beginning of my time here? I mean, on the off chance that I integrate well, and that I stay for longer than one flame war (elsewhere on site!) then let's just get that out in the open. I like dudes.

And it's baffling why I still expect a fratboy (or Meathead-juicer, if you prefer) to strike me down every time I say that. Bluh.

I am Zampanó's internalized homophobia, and this is not a reference that I'm allowed to explain.
    Hello there. I think you'll find flame wars few and far between on this forum. Well, unless you count wars over who gets to be Lix's main flame, but those are just silly (everyone gets to).
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I forgot about the cultural barrier. An Indian giver is someone who expects their gifts back after they were given, like the Native Americans did by not understanding what an invasion looks like until they were already dining with Attila.
    As I remember history, Attila never quite made it to the Americas.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #989
    Dwarf in the Playground

The first rule of referencing anthropomorphized concepts is you do not explain references to anthropomorphized concepts. Yes, that was just so I could use "anthropomorphized" twice in a phrase.

Howdy!
    English is not my first language. Sorry! ~ Sorin, Lord of Innistrad avatar by Crimmy

____

30. - Top - End - #990

Hello! This site's community is cool about sexuality and gender and what have you. And we don't seem to have very many flame wars. So take off your jacket, have a seat, and there are refreshments somewhere.
    Jude P.