New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    So who wants to put bets on what the Friday Pointless Cliffhanger will be?
    Is it too late for Jayden to save Katya?

2. - Top - End - #992
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XLIV: Stunt Bro and Hella Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by elros View Post
    What drives me crazy is that Dominic is a seer, so Mookie could write story lines where he wins by using subtlety and planning. But too often he relies on "push the A button" magic blasts to resolve things. It is especially frustrating because every single antagonist relies on the same stupid energy blasts, even if they are an arch-mage or another seer (e.g. Celesto). How can Mookie not realize that energy blasts are boring? Why does he think that only Dominic is smart enough to use subtle magic or scrying? This flaw makes this comic boring!
    Mookie is like the Micheal Bay of Energy blasts.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

The entire strip is Nimmel reminding us that he's stuck there now even though we were just told that yesterday. The 'cliffhanger' is whether he's ever going to get out. (The answer is yes.)

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    Mookie is like the Micheal Bay of Energy blasts.
    Mookie's next webcomic: Mookenergy Blasts.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Or did Mookie think we wouldn't understand what the hell is going on and he had to spell it out for us?
    I still don't understand what's going on (or more accurately, when and why what is going on is going on) but that's just because the scene cuts make no sense.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-04-26 at 10:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

Nimmel's doing a nice Mega Man impression there. Chargin' up the Nimmel Buster.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

7. - Top - End - #997
    Colossus in the Playground

Then suddenly... KLO TARK! Heh, oh wait, thats the guy who only shows up to save domonic, never mind.

If there was ever any chance of something awesome happening, it would be for a contingent of werewolves to walk in as a battered jayden stands over milov. She is trying to heal them but they think she attacked them and she gets knocked out and dragged away, under arrest or whatever. Nimmel is in a demi plane and unable to help, milov and katya are dead/coma patients, and dom is too far away to scry and inform them of what happened while the wolves are way too eager to execute the cheating harlot to care about investigating. THAT would be a cliffhangar.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rilian appears and makes a cryptic comment.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    This is what I assumed; that Miniraithel increased the size so that he would be easier to fight. But it never actually said that in the comic.
    If we trusted Mookie as a storyteller he didn't had to explain it in a strip; we could just assume there was a reason and have fun speculate about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    The problem is that we need to assume things like that. The rules in DD are played so fast and loose, you're never sure if something is happening because someone is causing it or just because. I'm Still not clear why Snert brought Nimmel here. You'd think if they could take control of Noodlemages body after killing him, why not do the same to Nimmel? All the of power non of the backtalk.
    We shouldn't try to analyze DD seriously. The answer to why something happens is always "random stuff". It's more fun to assume there's a reason and make up stuff on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    So Noodle didn't die last comic? And we had to spend all of this strip doing it? And Nimmel had to do it with Sue Magic instead of, I don't know, just reaching out and crushing the little worm guy?
    So much wasted space in order to create same false tension. Here both strips combined:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    Nimmel's doing a nice Mega Man impression there. Chargin' up the Nimmel Buster.
    "Now I have your power!

To explode."

*bam*

The End.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    "Now I have your power!

To explode."
    I SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS THROOOOOOOOOUGH!!!!!

12. - Top - End - #1002

Cliffhanger!

Future Link

I'm not sure whether Mookie really had the guts to kill Katya, but I don't actually care about her character at all, so it doesn't matter anyway.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2012-04-26 at 11:40 PM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Is she--?"

"Yes, she's going to be just fine as soon as I cast this healing spell that I'm about to cast right after I finish this sentence that I really hope doesn't get cut off (because that would be awkward)."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Oh hey, Nimmel's lost in a void forever.

I suppose he needs a eulogy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-04-27 at 12:55 AM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Orc in the Playground

Oh Mookie, do you really think you're fooling anyone?
    Not a robot

16. - Top - End - #1006

Well, people do die around Nimmel, so I guess there's some chance the runt is dead.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    "Is she--?"

"Yes, she's going to be just fine as soon as I cast this healing spell that I'm about to cast right after I finish this sentence that I really hope doesn't get cut off (because that would be awkward)."
    What makes it worse, is that with proper facial expression or tone of voice, it should be easy to know what's going on even without the dead/alive missing word.

And no, I don't really believe "dead" is an option.

I can just see how he's going to be able to somehow teleport back due to the "power of luv", and then discover she's alive and relatively well.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

She's not dead until we've seen her ass in the air. Then it becomes woman in refrigerator syndrome.

We don't know what's going to happen, all we know is that it will be worse than we could possibly imagine.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    What makes it worse, is that with proper facial expression or tone of voice, it should be easy to know what's going on even without the dead/alive missing word.

And no, I don't really believe "dead" is an option.

I can just see how he's going to be able to somehow teleport back due to the "power of luv", and then discover she's alive and relatively well.
    I bet the reality sphincter will just open up again, when Nimmel wishes hard enough for it.

Because Rock on and Tee hee.
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2012-04-27 at 02:14 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd rather it had been Milov... that would not only take more guts and seem much more serious, but i also think their is more potentially when it comes to the effects the death would have on other characters...The runt would blame jayden at first but then they eventually bond over their mutual love interest... and then milov being dead might relate to siggy in hell in some way... Milov meant a lot to a number of people and thus he'd have an effect on them... The runt however, she was barely there and is an easily forgettable character. And i can't recall if it was shown before, but i think Nimmel's attachment to her as a love interest is new; as in Mookie only just know thought to make her a love interest just so she would have more of an impact... though i could be wrong on that last part, like i said, she's VERY forgettable and thus i would not remember much about their past interactions.

21. - Top - End - #1011

NecromancerGuy

It's not nice to be mean, but he's truly an idiot if he honestly thinks this is some sort of suspenseful situation.

It's painfully obvious that the end of that sentence is going to be that she's still alive. Dex survived worse **** than that and you can't even use healing magic on him.

And no. If by some story miracle she does die, it still won't appease me. She and Milov should both be dead anyways. Even if eyeballs main body was influenced to not target Jayden, it should have focused all of it's little explosions on their heads until there was nothing left. Boom. Dead before you can heal. Instead we got that contrived they're only wounded bull****.

Just like there's no way in hell Nimmel is actually going to be trapped where he is for any meaningful amount of time. (Though it'd be hilarious if by the time anyone tracked him down, he'd starved to death waiting for rescue.)

22. - Top - End - #1012

What a convenient camera movement that hole in the world had.
    If the entire point was to abandon Nimmel to the void with the understanding that he'd somehow managed to scrub even this very simple task, so he goes crazy and becomes a nihilistic void-mage, and at the peak of his madness can then be thrown at the Deegans for maximum moral conflict / hilarity, and the whole shebang we just saw was an ILLUSION cast by our worm chum, well
    Well wouldn't that be extremely nice and reasonable.
    Last edited by rocketpony; 2012-04-27 at 06:32 AM.
    Who makes fabulous avatars? MEMNARCH makes fabulous avatars!

23. - Top - End - #1013

My cliffhangar would have been way better. Either of them. Suddenly.... KLO TARK! Or coma patient milov, dying katya, injured jayden standing over milov trying to heal him when werewolves break in and arrest her for attempted murder. THAT would have been an excellent final image for nimmel to see. Not the cliched ambiguous statement and scary final image thing that we all know means she will be fine but nimmel is expected to think otherwise.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    "Is she--?"

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #1015

AssassinGuy

I'll be really impressed if Mookie actually kills off Katya or leaves Nimmel stuck in the void.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M84 View Post
    I'll be really impressed if Mookie actually kills off Katya or leaves Nimmel stuck in the void.
    Prepare to be disappointed

So, Weekend Speculation: What is the worst way for Mookie to write Nimmel out of the Phantom Zone?
    (A) Nimmel awakens his inner Archmage and gets himself out
    (B) Dominic scries Nimmel and frees him
    (C) Dominic scries Nimmel and delivers pep talk. Nimmel frees self
    (D) Klo Tark!
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2012-04-27 at 08:19 AM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed

So, Weekend Speculation: What is the worst way for Mookie to write Nimmel out of the Phantom Zone?
    (D) Klo Tark!
    A) Is highly likely.
    B) Is somewhat likely, but to expand further, he scries nimmel, then gets momma deegan to either free him herself, or loop back to A and teach him how to do it.
    C) Nah, worst case he tells nimmel that katya is alive.
    D) Nope, Klo Tark is the deus ex machina for dominic and noone else. As much as it would be stupid, and so, right up mookies alley, I dont see that happening.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, Nimmel can scry. Why can't he just check up on Katya by himself? Or give Dom a call and explain everything?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

You're asking it like you seriously expect Mookie to remember about it, or not pull out another random nonsensical plot twist out of his behind anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    (D) Klo Tark!
    C, definitely. For one thing, it gives us at least another week of talking heads while Nimmel and Dominic brag about each other's strengths ("Oh, Dominic, I'm not strong like you are! You are the most magical oracle in all the world!" "Oh, Nimmel, don't sell yourself short! I may be the most awesome person in everything everywhere, but you are even awesomer! It's an infinite recursive loop of awesome!"). For another thing, it makes sense for Dominic to be able to free Nimmel, since blah blah Acibek's principle blah. Nimmel, on the other hand, is an ice mage. He has no tools that would help him escape. Thus, he will spontaneously pull the necessary tools out of Mookie's stream-of-consciousness, because he is so awesome he can just do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.