New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Hurricane Fluttershy is the best episode of season 2. I don't really have reactions so much as sounds, and those sounds are "eeeeeeee~".
    new episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you have any particular sound when one of the animals from the training montage had a *derpy* mask?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #332

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Sethisto blocked it! Stealing is wrong!
    Ponythread uses Rope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

While I haven't posted in a while, I've ventured from the far far lands of Ponychan's /fic/ to request some assistance.

The Training Grounds queue currently has 44 unreviewed stories.

What is /fic/ and why is it important?
    Spoiler
    Show
    /fic/ is the fanfiction section of the Ponychan board. Originally, each writer had to post their own thread, ask for a review, and hope that they didn't get missed. It was complete chaos until around July of last year. That's when the review threads popped up, and /fic/ gained a semblance of order. Review threads are threads where the author posts and recieves proofreading and style advice. This organization completely changed the board from a chaotic mess to one of the most unique and useful locations for ponyfics on the Internet.

What is the Training Grounds?
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the opening post of the Training Grounds, 'Greetings all, and welcome to the Training Grounds, the review thread for all authors, reviewers, proofreaders, and editors, both newcomer and seasoned veteran alike. It isn’t the only such thread, but it’s usually the busiest!' The Training Grounds, established by midnightshadow, one of the Equestria Daily pre-readers is a very unique review thread in that it houses not a single reviewer, but a group. The key idea that drives the Training Grounds is that anyone can be a reviewer, and that anyone can help shepherd a story to greatness. The Training Grounds is essentially a dropbox where people can leave their fic and someone else will review it. This is such a useful asset to the writing process that Equestria Daily often requests that rejected submissions go through the Training Grounds or a review thread.

What's the problem?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Training Grounds is currently overloaded with stories. As of the time of posting, 44 stories are unclaimed, meaning that a reviewer has yet to look at them. The Training Grounds is also the busiest thread, which makes it the best indicator of /fic/'s overall health. If the Training Grounds is overloaded, then the private review threads are soon flooded, as well. If the private review threads get too flooded, they may close down to submissions, which puts more of a strain on the Training Grounds. Currently, the review process takes on average a little over two weeks, as opposed November's few days. If this problem continues into the summer, the Training Grounds may become so overloaded that it will take a month to get a review for a 5,000 word story, destroying its usefulness as a writing tool and shutting down one of the most powerful assets writers in this fandom have.

How can I help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    By doing a review, or mentioning this message to other communities. The Training Grounds queue is here, and the current thread is here. If you find a fic that tickles your fancy, click on the post link and put the post number in a 'claiming' post. That way we can write you down for that story to avoid multiple reviewers working on the same story at the same time. Finally, when you're ready to post your review, post it in the current Training Grounds thread and we'll mark it off the list.

Thank you.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Hurricane Fluttershy is the best episode of season 2. I don't really have reactions so much as sounds, and those sounds are "eeeeeeee~".
    Careful ponythread, don't want to spook the Phoe, she's almost posting regularly right here.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Careful ponythread, don't want to spook the Phoe, she's almost posting regularly right here.
    She used to post a lot before EQD esnared her. If you have free time, go look up the original ponythread and read her slow descent into FlutterDash shipping. It's fun.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #336

She used to post a lot before EQD esnared her. If you have free time, go look up the original ponythread and read her slow descent into FlutterDash shipping. It's fun.
    There goes my next thirty minutes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337
    Colossus in the Playground

Knowing that somepony out there would be having that reaction significantly added to the fun of that episode. And I otherwise agree with your assessment.

Those sweet and innocent days when writing fanfic at all was a taboo step. Now we're being told that there's more fanfics being written than reviewers can possibly handle.

I won't be able to help for about two weeks but then I'll see what my schedule looks like.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    While I haven't posted in a while, I've ventured from the far far lands of Ponychan's /fic/ to request some assistance.

What is /fic/ and why is it important?
    Spoiler
    Show
    /fic/ is the fanfiction section of the Ponychan board. Originally, each writer had to post their own thread, ask for a review, and hope that they didn't get missed. It was complete chaos until around July of last year. That's when the review threads popped up, and /fic/ gained a semblance of order. Review threads are threads where the author posts and recieves proofreading and style advice. This organization completely changed the board from a chaotic mess to one of the most unique and useful locations for ponyfics on the Internet.

What is the Training Grounds?
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the opening post of the Training Grounds, 'Greetings all, and welcome to the Training Grounds, the review thread for all authors, reviewers, proofreaders, and editors, both newcomer and seasoned veteran alike. It isn’t the only such thread, but it’s usually the busiest!' The Training Grounds, established by midnightshadow, one of the Equestria Daily pre-readers is a very unique review thread in that it houses not a single reviewer, but a group. The key idea that drives the Training Grounds is that anyone can be a reviewer, and that anyone can help shepherd a story to greatness. The Training Grounds is essentially a dropbox where people can leave their fic and someone else will review it. This is such a useful asset to the writing process that Equestria Daily often requests that rejected submissions go through the Training Grounds or a review thread.

What's the problem?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Training Grounds is currently overloaded with stories. As of the time of posting, 44 stories are unclaimed, meaning that a reviewer has yet to look at them. The Training Grounds is also the busiest thread, which makes it the best indicator of /fic/'s overall health. If the Training Grounds is overloaded, then the private review threads are soon flooded, as well. If the private review threads get too flooded, they may close down to submissions, which puts more of a strain on the Training Grounds. Currently, the review process takes on average a little over two weeks, as opposed November's few days. If this problem continues into the summer, the Training Grounds may become so overloaded that it will take a month to get a review for a 5,000 word story, destroying its usefulness as a writing tool and shutting down one of the most powerful assets writers in this fandom have.

How can I help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    By doing a review, or mentioning this message to other communities. The Training Grounds queue is here, and the current thread is here. If you find a fic that tickles your fancy, click on the post link and put the post number in a 'claiming' post. That way we can write you down for that story to avoid multiple reviewers working on the same story at the same time. Finally, when you're ready to post your review, post it in the current Training Grounds thread and we'll mark it off the list.

Thank you.
    Well, I'd be happy to at least give it a look. I've enjoyed critiquing the stories other members of pony thread have posted here. Before I lump in I have to ask, what sort of qualifications/credentials/experience are you looking for from reviewers, and what sort of feedback are you trying to solicit?
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Well, I'd be happy to at least give it a look. I've enjoyed critiquing the stories other members of pony thread have posted here. Before I lump in I have to ask, what sort of qualifications/credentials/experience are you looking for from reviewers, and what sort of feedback are you trying to solicit?
    No qualifications apart from at least a sound grasp on the English language is needed. As for feedback? Whatever you choose. Some like to critique grammar, others more on plot and characterisation. It's called the Training Grounds for a reason.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll contribute my time to fanfic reading. Who knows? Might find some gems.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

So the Pony Puzzle game has third clip from Ponyville Confidential out now. However someone gave Sethisto a hack link straight to the video which I now share:

Here you go

Also from there:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diamond Tiara as an editor. Strangely fitting... it must be fanon.

Rarity's Hot New Giant Hat?

Also shaved ponies and a cute pegasi colt. Finally a male to ship the kids with!

I knew she was once a regular but it still sounds like fun.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Also from there:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diamond Tiara as an editor. Strangely fitting... it must be fanon.

Rarity's Hot New Giant Hat?

Also shaved ponies and a cute pegasi colt. Finally a male to ship the kids with!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or does one of those fillies sound like she is in her 20s?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-26 at 07:39 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or does one of those fillies sound like she is in her 20s?
    One of the background ones... ehh they always have cruddy voice work. Call me when we have a consistent voice for Bon-Bon.

Oh and can't believe I forgot the best line of the clip:

Spoiler
    Show
    DT: The things they do when they think they're alone.

Inb4 *ClopClopClop* jokes

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

One of the background ones... ehh they always have cruddy voice work. Call me when we have a consistent voice for Bon-Bon.

Oh and can't believe I forgot the best line of the clip:

Spoiler
    Show
    DT: The things they do when they think they're alone.

Inb4 *ClopClopClop* jokes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I thought that line might have been partially aimed at closet bronies, watching MLP when they're alone.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, I thought that line might have been partially aimed at closet bronies, watching MLP when they're alone.
    You say that like they aren't directly related....

16. - Top - End - #346

Can someone hit me with a hammer when the clips are on youtube and not behind a silly puzzle I do not wish to complete?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Can someone hit me with a hammer when the clips are on youtube and not behind a silly puzzle I do not wish to complete?
    The link above is straight to the video no puzzles required... and I said that too..

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

They're up already. Just follow the link that Gamerlord posted earlier and then EQD links directly to the video. Or solve the puzzle you big baby.

@Soras: or the one you posted, although Gamerlord beat you by a page or so.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-03-26 at 08:09 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

@Soras: or the one you posted, although Gamerlord beat you by a page or so.
    Oh umm well

I just don't know what went wrong.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

new episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you have any particular sound when one of the animals from the training montage had a *derpy* mask?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not much of anything, really. There was a ton of Derpy in this episode. While the mask was very silly, it wasn't like an especially "omg" moment. Now, the moment where Fluttershy was celebrating among the dandelion seeds and pulled her hooves close to herself with a quiet, blushing smile? Eeeeeeheeheehee~!

*looks up from the tall grass, eyes widen, and darts off camera*

21. - Top - End - #351

GnomeWizardGuy

*looks up from the tall grass, eyes widen, and darts off camera*
    Noooooooo! And I have my full set of Safari Balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

22. - Top - End - #352

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Noooooooo! And I have my full set of Safari Balls.
    Don't worry. Rotate on the spot long enough and she'll eventually come back, and it doesn't use up your steps.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Don't worry. Rotate on the spot long enough and she'll eventually come back, and it doesn't use up your steps.
    Did that work in G1... because I'd love a glitch for the Safari Zone that doesn't unleash an Eldritch Abomination.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Did that work in G1... because I'd love a glitch for the Safari Zone that doesn't unleash an Eldritch Abomination.
    Eh, in ponythread I'd say it has a 50/50 chance of unleashing this
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    But Grimer and Muk aren't Safari Zone pokemon.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Smooze the Consuming Oooze is but the shoggoth besides Brobdingnagian empyrean occurrence that is The Pink One Who Waits in the Smile.

I shall fear not.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    But Grimer and Muk aren't Safari Zone pokemon.
    This too.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Not even a Master Ball can stop the Smooze.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Not even a Master Ball can stop the Smooze.
    Nopony stops the Smooze like Gaston!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-26 at 10:26 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Nopony stops the Smooze like Gaston!
    Until he took an arrow in the pony.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Until he took an arrow in the pony.
    I'm commander Sparkle, and this is my favorite pony on the citadel.

And have a picture too
    Spoiler
    Show
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes