New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

I have a Quadra via fiddlesticks and that's it.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Orc in the Playground

so I've been playing on-hit teemo for a while, and I was wondering how the playground likes to build him. I usually do pretty good with zerke greves- malady-wits end-phage-madreds
    does this seem solid?
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    So I picked up TF on a whim, and have been playing the hell out of him:

Spoiler
    Show

So yeah. Haven't done so embarrassingly poorly with a new champion in along, long time. Very tricky, but very fun as well. And I think I'm making progress, particularly with his W, which is hella weird. So question: How does the game decide which is the first card in PAC? Because often it's the card I just tossed, other times it's one of the other two and I'm mighty confused on the matter.

Also, general tips? I'm building him with boots start, couple of Doran's into Sheen, into Hat, into Lichbane. Yes? No? Lose the Dorans and rush Sheen perhaps?

Edit: Oh, and laning tips in particular would helpful. Matchups to be wary of, that sorta thing.
    there is no way to predict the first color to his pick a card.
    you're stacked attacks should always hit the enemy champion.
    better still if you land a cold card then q them

dorans stacking is a strategy for early power. if you're not winning your lane, it only hurts you.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    so I've been playing on-hit teemo for a while, and I was wondering how the playground likes to build him. I usually do pretty good with zerke greves- malady-wits end-phage-madreds
    does this seem solid?
    A phage earlier in the build really helps with survivability due to health and the ability to kite better, and I was always under the impression that Malady is a bit of a goldsink on most characters. Asides from this, the build's pretty solid (if not the same as any other on-hit build with anyone). Then again, it's probably best to ask Dog about it, since I think he's our resident Teemo expert.
    Last edited by shadowwalker64; 2012-04-22 at 12:43 PM.
    Credit to Dogmantra for the transparent background bracket!

I like typing text walls. Deal with it :P

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Don't happen enough? I would disagree, sir. I probably have 20-30 to my name at least. Then again, I play AD carries a LOT, but I have a few as tanky DSP, and even one as Malphite.

And that's not counting Quadras and/or delayed Pentas, which I have quite a few of as well.
    I dunno. I think I've seen ONE in an actual game I've played. That's it. I can't really remember. Triple and Quadra kills happen, occasionally. Triple kills are actually pretty easy to get late game as a fed AD carry like Vayne.

I just bought brand. Yes, toastymow is now playing mages. I dunno what happened. I realized that Vlad nad Soraka were easy to play middle so I picked up another mage.

edit: Teemo builds

Against AD heroes: rush wriggles, then get a Frozen Mallet. Push a lot.

Against AP heroes: get 2-3 dorans as needed, then probably a Wits End, then Frozen Mallet. Push a lot.

Teemo's kinda one of those heroes that isn't very useful in a teamfight but is damn annoying in push comps. In teamfights he kinda operates as a peeling tankydps. Stick to your AD carry and blind whoever gets near him/peel with your slows.
    Last edited by toasty; 2012-04-22 at 12:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

The only penta I've seen was before the Panth/TF ult rework. We had a Panth (me), and a TF on our team. Everyone but me was dead, they were pushing our middle tower, so I ulted and attacked as best I could and died, but nearly killed just about everyone and saved the tower. My allies were resurrecting (specifically the TF) so the enemy team were running back to base, our TF ulted to where they were running and finished all 5 of them off. It was hilarious.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

The wonderful feeling you get when you support someone who doesn't play AD very to a 15/4 monstrosity who melts the enemy team.

Counterwarding is so fun when you do it to people. Especially once you get Oracle's and laugh while destroying their pink wards.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    The wonderful feeling you get when you support someone who doesn't play AD very to a 15/4 monstrosity who melts the enemy team.

Counterwarding is so fun when you do it to people. Especially once you get Oracle's and laugh while destroying their pink wards.
    Playing support with someone who isn't a complete retard is really, really refreshing. Its probably one of the most entertaining things to do in LoL IMO. Top and Middle lane can get very stale because of how they snowball. Especially top. Middle is just kinda boring "push and farm" lane.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Playing support with someone who isn't a complete retard is really, really refreshing. Its probably one of the most entertaining things to do in LoL IMO. Top and Middle lane can get very stale because of how they snowball. Especially top. Middle is just kinda boring "push and farm" lane.
    We should get over our irritation at playing with each other some day, since I'm a non-moronic carry player who loves good supports. :-P

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

We should get over our irritation at playing with each other some day, since I'm a non-moronic carry player who loves good supports. :-P
    Meh, see the thing is, I'm getting to the point where I'm "alright" at all positions. Solo queue does that; makes people branch out.

But bot lane in solo queue is just dumb. Either you get a retarded AD carry who only wants to farm, or a support that doesn't understand that half of being a support is being aggressive, ward baiting, warding the bush. Etc.

For instance: I just played as Graves/Ali vs. Ashe Janna (I was Graves). We couldn't win our lane because A) alistair never warded the bush (this actually meant he died when WW ganked) B) wasn't aggressive early.

Its really simple. At level 1 you walk into the bush. Ward the 2nd bush. Then at level 2 you flash+pulv+headbutt and you get first blood. Especially if you take exhaust. The only way to stop this as Janna/Ashe is to be very passive, take double heal flash, and be aggressive with your warding/counterwarding.

But no, ali took heal at level 2 and didn't go aggressive till after we started losing the lane. You know, the point where I could outpush the enemy, but couldn't actually kill the queens of kite.

And then Fizz decided to go aggressive against cass and got 1 shot and the enemy got baron cuz, yeah, Jax+WW. >_>

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

So, I have a few penta's under my belt. My first one ever was when I was maining tryndamiere around level 14 summoner level (and before I came onto Gitp). I was out of control that game that all 5 focusing me couldn't stop me from killing them all.

Then, I got a Rammus penta kill at level 20 summoner level during the "4 glass cannon 'we need tank' meta." Except the enemy team picked a 5th glass cannon instead of a tank. I bought thornmail, walked right into a Yi, Ashe, Tristana, Pantheon (When he was played as a glass cannon carry) and Ad Ezreal. Curl+thornmail+Incompetent Glass Cannon Enemy Team+No Life Steal= Pentakill Rammus.

My favorite penta kill however was as Malzahar. My team gets jumped into the jungle and I hurry over there. When all of my team but pantheon is dead and pantheon has >200 health, I drop my entire combo+Ult right onto the enemy. The enemy decides they do not want to kill the almost dead pantheon, but want to kill the full health malzahar. And sure enough, 2 seconds later they kill me. However, my malific visionkills the guy it was on and bounces to the next guy, which kills him and bounces again. And by this point, they realize what was happening and try to separate, but the malific vision jumps to the enemy tristana just before she jumps over the wall to land right next to her ally mundo, dies and transfers the malific visions over to him for my pentakill. Also, Pantheon got out of there alive, recalled, healed, then jumped into the enemy base and took out 2 of their inhibs before they respawned.

And then of course, I got several pentakills as twitch. Line them up, Ult, see healthbar jump back and forth between 10%-90% from your lifesteal vs them focusing you, laugh as you get a penta kill several seconds later.

Sadly, I think my enemies are more competent now that none of these ways that I got pentakills I can duplicate anymore.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

I have not a single penta. q-q

Djinn is so op, nerf nao.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Banned

On the subject of pentakills, I just missed my first penta by like 3 seconds. I love when the enemy Nasus rushes Trinity Force. "Hm, my team is Kassadin, Talon, Ashe, and Lulu. I'm the only person that can keep the AD carry honest and force him to think about focus targets and building Last Whisper instead of GA. Guess I'll build damage!"

TheFieryTower would probably like to play with you. Also, me.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-22 at 04:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Middle is just kinda boring "push and farm" lane.
    You really aren't being aggressive enough on the enemy jungle and sidelanes if this is the case. If I get any advantage (or even just a decent push) in middle I'll immediately start wrecking the rest of the map, steal jungle, ward and kill the enemy jungler, gank sidelanes through enemy jungle, river or our jungle [laneganks] depending on which is the easiest, and support our jungle in jungle ganks.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    TheFieryTower would probably like to play with you. Also, me.
    Awesome! Hit me up on Mumble and/or League sometime. I'd love to!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Bugbear in the Playground

Badministrator collaboration. Enjoy.

(Best line was "I got more rage in me than a whole team full of Reginalds".)
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post

Badass tune.
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ehhh. Totally not my kind of music. But just because I don't like something does not mean it is bad, just that it's not for me.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

That's a pretty damn cool song, and yeah that line pretty much made the song amazing for me. Also just had a scrim with my usual group (with me being the highest ELO at around 1220) against a group of 1400-1900 ELO players. Needless to say my team was smashed to the ground, still good fun though and someone shoutcasted and recorded it so I could see what we were doing wrong and get another opinion on it.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    You really aren't being aggressive enough on the enemy jungle and sidelanes if this is the case. If I get any advantage (or even just a decent push) in middle I'll immediately start wrecking the rest of the map, steal jungle, ward and kill the enemy jungler, gank sidelanes through enemy jungle, river or our jungle [laneganks] depending on which is the easiest, and support our jungle in jungle ganks.
    Well, I prefer to play farming middles (vlaaaaad) and when I shove the lane I usually take wraiths. Either theirs or ours, trying to constantly be farming both wraith camps. I don't gank that much though.

Should I try to be ganking more? Next time I play summoners rift I think I'll try to play brand or something so I can focus more on mid-game ganking shennigans.

I suppose I could also try to play Galio middle...

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lee Sin versus Lee Sin has to be one of the funniest lanes ever. Two blind men going at it and bouncing around like hockey pucks. Enemy Lee Sin went Ninja Tabi+triple Doran's into Brutalizer. I went Ninja Tabi into Wriggle's+Heart of Gold+Hexdrinker.

We were pretty evenly matched, but only thanks to constant ganks from enemy jungle Heimerdinger. However, in terms of trading blows, I generally came out on top, even with an early death thanks to some foolishness and forgetting Lee Sin's Q+Ult turret diving potential. If it weren't for those ganks, I probably would've been coming out of the lane with better stuff, since I was better about getting CS.

We won the game, but only thanks to Olaf and Graves who were pretty boss. (Ziggs was gone for 3/4 of the game, so Soraka took bot alone).

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh Vladimir... I hate to be saying this, but I can't play him like he used to be. I can't Vlad anymore... q-q. Now he's in the same boat as Irelia (for me, at least).

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Oh Vladimir... I hate to be saying this, but I can't play him like he used to be. I can't Vlad anymore... q-q. Now he's in the same boat as Irelia (for me, at least).
    I'm very curious where this statement comes from. Vlad hasn't been touched (nor has anyone, really ) in quite some time, and the only thing that happened to him in the Hecarim patch was a bugfix with sanguine pool. Has it just been a while since you played him?

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'm very curious where this statement comes from. Vlad hasn't been touched (nor has anyone, really ) in quite some time, and the only thing that happened to him in the Hecarim patch was a bugfix with sanguine pool. Has it just been a while since you played him?
    Then gather 'round the campfire, this will be a sad, sad story.

First was Irelia. Back in the day she was great. She was amazing. Her regeneration was just fantastic (albeit OP, now that I look back at it). Now? Yeah, she's kind of tanky, and deals moderate damage, but she is nothing like she used to be now. Whenever I play her (which is never now, because:) I feel so dumbfoundingly weak and it feels so wrong to not have her as a life-regaining juggernaut like she used to be (also, Riot has an amusingly sorrowful habit of nerfing her, only prompting me to forever leave her on the shelf).

Second is Vlad. He too was really powerful, and fun as all hell. He regained the life and dealt the damage back in the day. He was just buckets of fun. Then his first major nerf. From that point on, I had the worst time farming as him, and could never get to that supposed "late game juggernaut" he was supposed to become because I kept on dying from my lack of everything (damage, spellvamp, tankyness). And then they buffed him, and even still he just doesn't feel right anymore to me.

Sidenote: Fiddlesticks used to be cool, just like them. Then he took a nerfbat to the lane (and I don't jungle).

25. - Top - End - #1255

It's funny, because Irelia and especially Vlad are still top tier characters.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    It's funny, because Irelia and especially Vlad are still top tier characters.
    It is funny, heh. They're still far from useless. But unlike before, they are no longer completely soul-crushing. Seriously, dealing with Vlad was just dumb. He steamrolled in lane, and steamrolled in teamfights. Better hope your team has triple ignite/Kogmaw or else prepare to get bludgeoned to death with your own extremities.

I'm not as familiar with old (or new) Irelia, but in Vlad's case, it's really more that they brought him in line with the rest of the world but people still want to use him the way they used to. A champ really shouldn't have top-tier sustain, top-tier harass, reasonable farm, crazy AoE burst, a fantastic escape mechanism, and a bunch of free defensive stats. He might be over-nerfed, but his kit is problematic because of its design. Re-raising his numbers would almost certainly push him too far.

Ryze probably just does it better now, until they nerf him too.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2012-04-23 at 12:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Well, Vlad is still good enough to basically single-handedly win the IPL finals for TSM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Well, Vlad is still good enough to basically single-handedly win the IPL finals for TSM.
    It's not even that, so much. Hotshot only has Nidalee in his repertoire for dealing with Vlad, and that's still a tough matchup. Cho and Olaf? Can't do it at all. I could see him maybe playing Kennen, but I don't know if his Kennen is on the same level. And Mordekaiser, while a good matchup against Vlad, doesn't have the mobility to go top, especially when OddOne was constantly making his life difficult.

EDIT: Just saw the weirdest Urgot build. DBlade --> Manamune --> Shurelya's + CDR Boots. Then again, it was Doublelift, and he went 12/2/11, so he probably coulda built AP and won.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-23 at 04:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

...I hate it when I'm wrong. DAMNIT I hate it when I'm wrong.

In short:

Irelia is just fine.

I just suck as Vlad.

I need to try Fiddle in mid lane. I might actually be able to do it in a real game.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I need to try Fiddle in mid lane. I might actually be able to do it in a real game.
    @_@ I will do that when his AA gets a fix like Swain's. Is it a common thing that banana shaped projectiles need to be horribly animated?