New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Skarner is good if you're running, like, Vlad/Kennen solos. Then you can just pick up blue and do what you like. Donating blue makes him sad.
    Yeah, but wouldn't you rather have Nocturne?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Skarner is good if you're running, like, Vlad/Kennen solos. Then you can just pick up blue and do what you like. Donating blue makes him sad.
    Problem is vlad and kennen are usually tops rather then mids. You would be better off picking skarner with a mord calling mid.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Vlad and Kennen are both viable mids, though, especially Vlad. Kennen just goes top because he has massively favorable matchups against almost every common top laner, but he does just fine mid (has issues with champions onto which he can't aggress, which are much more common mid. See: Ryze, Ahri, Morgana). Vlad (and to a lesser extent Ahri and Ryze) are just copying him and going top lane for good matchups that they can't always get mid.

Edit: Also, I'd rather have Kennen with blue buff and pretty much any other jungler even if my solo lanes were both considered to be blue independent. There's not a mid laner in the game that doesn't benefit from blue. The nature of CDR on inherently ability-focused champions means that it's always going to be strong, and in this example blue buff Kennen is massively more threatening than normal Kennen. More CDR and more energy = more DPS and more stuns = even more energy to funnel into your new CDR.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Banned

Man, I just had a game, I was Lux mid and the enemy Ryze told me he mained Lux and I shouldn't disappoint him. We ended up bantering throughout the game and complimenting one another on plays. Friended at the Victory screen.

WHAT HAPPENED WHAT IS GOING ON

~

5. - Top - End - #245

You know, this thread title almost goes with the new site design.

6. - Top - End - #246

Skarner is fine, just nobody plays him because of other champs. It's like jarvan. Jarvan is a strong jungler still, but nobody plays him. Why? Who knows, just how it is.

Also, I think alistair is OP. Best support, strong jungle, I feel as if I could get to platinum playing nothing but ali.
    Last edited by Mtg_player_zach; 2012-03-31 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    Skarner is fine, just nobody plays him because of other champs. It's like jarvan. Jarvan is a strong jungler still, but nobody plays him. Why? Who knows, just how it is.

Also, I think alistair is OP. Best support, strong jungle, I feel as if I could get to platinum playing nothing but ali.
    I respectfully cast my 'best support' vote to Nunu. But my sample size is fairly small.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Best support is going a bit far. There are too many archetypes for that to really be a fair description for any of the supports, to be honest. He can't disengage/poke as well as Janna, he can't sustain/poke as well as Soraka, and he can't be as aggressive as Leona. He does a lot of things fairly well, but that doesn't work for every comp.

Also, that's silly. You ask why no one plays Jarvan and then you mention Alistar in the same post.

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Walked too close to a bush, bro.

10. - Top - End - #250

Okay, maybe not best but I think he is extremely good. Also, I still play Jarvan. His ult is a ton of fun.

Also, I too like nunu, but I feel he is much less versatile and is countered much more easily. I think most supports would not mind going up against nunu. Pretty much any bot lane ever has a way to stop his ult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

11. - Top - End - #251

Who's ready for another round of Killer Syndicate?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    Also, I too like nunu, but I feel he is much less versatile and is countered much more easily. I think most supports would not mind going up against nunu. Pretty much any bot lane ever has a way to stop his ult.
    Nunu offers something that no other support does. His ult doesn't need to finish its channel to be useful; the damage is irrelevant. While Nunu's ulting, not only does he draw CC away from his team and onto himself, he CCs the entire enemy team with what is the rough equivalent of his Iceball. This is relevant because it is impossible to have a fair fight against a champion supported by Nunu. Both Iceball and his ult apply a 60/50% movespeed slow and a 25% attack speed slow. Iceball can be permanently applied to the enemy AD carry by way of CDR.

Additionally, Blood Boil provides a 65% attack speed steroid and a 15% movespeed steroid. Nothing compares. Janna's shield was at one point similar, since it gave a comparable buff in terms of gold, but now her buff disappears along with the shield. Blood Boil lasts for 15 seconds, no matter what.

It's strong in lane, despite his lack of sustain for his carry, because you simply can't duel a Kog'maw (also, less commonly, Ezreal, though they have decent synergy. Graves, too, but he's the worst of the bunch) between his own steroids and Nunu's W/E. Nunu creates such a difference in mobility and DPS that it is practically impossible to outplay his carry.

Nunu+Kog'Maw: 95% attack speed buff, BAB damage steroid, 25% attack speed debuff, ~80% slow.
    Nunu+Ezreal: 115% attack speed buff, 65% attack speed debuff, 60% slow. (P.S. despite the numbers suggesting that Ezreal is actually really strong in certain facets he's still probably a useless champion so you can disregard the fact that math disagrees with my personal opinion. Because, seriously, what does maths know about league of legends?)

Straight up, Nunu's scaling is completely outrageous and his only major weakness is against certain hyper-aggressive lanes (also that Q is not very good unless you can use it to block skillshots for your carry i.e. against Ezreal). You can't initiate on him without forcing a fight in which you have a significant disadvantage.

Edit:
    Also, Zeke's aura is super synergistic with Nunu. Only support on which I would very strongly recommend it as core.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-04-01 at 01:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

No, the best support is by far Katarina.

But I do admit, Nunu is ridiculous.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

To be really honest... I kind of want to hear Sweet Rein's opinion on the Skarner matter.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

15. - Top - End - #255

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hmm, 3D mode for LoL, seems interesting enough. I probably won't use it though.
    yeah April Fools and everything, but I was just thinking it's amusing how in the video they just ignore that Twisted Treeline exists
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-04-01 at 05:45 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Ok, time to buy more RP.

And time to get better at playing Riven.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    (P.S. despite the numbers suggesting that Ezreal is actually really strong in certain facets he's still probably a useless champion so you can disregard the fact that math disagrees with my personal opinion. Because, seriously, what does maths know about league of legends?)
    Zzzz. He's a safe AD carry pick (good harass, poke and laning phase combined with huge mobility to avoid ganks and focus in teamfights? Sold!) that doesn't fall off quite as hard as people make him out to be if you just build standard AD Carry stuff instead of stacking Triforces for SUPREME POKE. It even shows in tournaments and scrims where he's picked more often than not.

If we keep listening to ragers then we will suddenly emerge in some weird world where Amumu is a terrible champion, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Hmm, 3D mode for LoL, seems interesting enough. I probably won't use it though.
    yeah April Fools and everything, but I was just thinking it's amusing how in the video they just ignore that Twisted Treeline exists
    Even riot forgets twisted treeline.

Sad.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

20. - Top - End - #260

Whatever happened to Orianna? Wasn't she like, first picked/banned in all the tournaments a little while ago?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

So, after having Bunny Girl Riven as my desktop background for, like, almost half a year, if this turns out to be April's Fool hoax I'm going to track them down and bomb their servers into oblivion
    And that would be wrong, so please don't let it be a hoax.
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2012-04-01 at 07:06 AM.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Whatever happened to Orianna? Wasn't she like, first picked/banned in all the tournaments a little while ago?
    Didn't she get nerfed a few times since?

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    Didn't she get nerfed a few times since?
    Maybe? I never followed her as a champion. If she did get nerfed, what did they nerf to make her so bad?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    She's still good but people stopped playing her. That said, her insane lane harass took a huge hit since they hit her Q range hard (also, all her damage was cut since she has so many scaling damage components). Currently among the most underplayed champs in the game (also, quite hard to play well).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    So, after having Bunny Girl Riven as my desktop background for, like, almost half a year, if this turns out to be April's Fool hoax I'm going to track them down and bomb their servers into oblivion
    I feel the same way.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I feel the same way.
    Last April hoax was Lee Sin. You should know how Riot operates by now.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    <excellent explanation of why support Nunu is awesome>
    THIS. So much this. I've been maining AD Kennen for the past several weeks, and Nunu is absolutely hands-down my favorite support, not so much even for laning phase as because I no longer have to worry about getting outscaled lategame by Sivir/Graves/Kog'maw/Tristana/Vayne. So I'm no longer under that desperate pressure to win the game before lategame even happens (which Kennen is fairly good at, if not quite Caitlyn).

Also, when facing Sivir/Riven/Renekton/support Lulu/some forgettable starved AP mid, also known as a metric buttload of physical AoE with no real magic damage, it's kinda nice to be able to build Tabi/Wriggles/IE/Atma's/LW/PD for ~200 armor while still having basically capped attack speed for every fight. Tanky bastard Kennen is amusing...people don't know what do do when they can't even burst him down.
    Last edited by Psyborg; 2012-04-01 at 08:21 AM.
    delete Teemo.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

thank god for custom skins!
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    thank god for custom skins!
    But then nobody else can see that I have it!
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

But then nobody else can see that I have it!
    looks legit
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online