Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 1113
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek stops at the campsite and says nothing. He simply breathes deeply, attempting to regain control over his breath. He stretches and sits down."I could use a rest. My feet are throbbing." he sighs after he regains his composure.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    By someone putting their hands on my threat, I am now aware of the attack, even if I can't see it. By attempting a grapple ... unless they are a grappling master (Improved Grapple), they just opened themselves up to an AOO. I don't know how you'd deal with shackles, but that can be a damned bloody weapon. I'll let you handle the appropriate penalties for not being able to see .... but I do have a tactile target, so I'll smash the stuffing out of the offending forearms.

    By grabbing at her throat but being too clumsy to have gotten a hold on her yet, Necahual takes that split-second to make her assailant pay. She smashes one of her shackled wrists on her assailant's forearms with the well-crafted metal shackle .... maybe turning it a little so the hinge gets him for a real nasty gouge. And feeling the arms, she is not so unavailed as if against an entirely unseen opponent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strike AOO: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage (1d20+3)[20]

    Initiative for Next ... (1d20+1)[21]

    EDIT: Well, I used the wrong die for damage, but no matter. I think I failed the attack roll, anyway.
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-07-31 at 12:13 AM.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I'm not that tired." Vir-Sashi says, but visibly doesn't have much strength to do any more than that.

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hand pulls away just in time and you hear a hissing of breath.

    "Gyah!" You hear a thud about a foot away near your left shoulder. "Easy does it, wildcat!"

    You can hear another shuffling.

    "I'm not going to hurt you. I... just wanted to make sure you were alive."

    You can hear him circling around you. Either he's terrible at stealth, or he's intentionally making no effort to hide his location.

    "The horse is gone, girl. Sam is unconscious, and I don't know how long he's got to live. You and I are all we got, and I'm the only one who knows where we are. Now the way I see it, you've got two options. You can play nice and I'll take off your blind fold. Or... you can get feisty, and I'll just leave you here to die. Either way, I'm not sticking around long. Gnolls move fast when they're after prey, and they definitely know which way we headed."

    His voice shakes a bit as he talks, but you can tell that he means to make good on his threat to leave you here.

    Intimidate: (1d20+1)[11]


    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After some time looking around for random clues as to your whereabouts, you finally decide to climb a tree to discern north. Just before you reach the first branch though, a blinding flash of light assaults your eyes, and knocks you loose from your perch. A booming, roaring voice challenges you as you crash to the ground, "Who DARES enter my glade?!"

    Roll a Will Save to prevent blindness.
    The fall isn't far enough to do damage, but you're welcome to roll a Reflex Save to hang onto the tree.


    At the Shrine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The hours pass uneventfully, and the chirping of the birds plays a pleasant lullaby.

    (If anyone wants to do anything before leaving the shrine, now is the time to call it.)
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save (1d20+5)[15]
    Ref save, for fun (1d20+6)[18]

    "Begging your pardon, magician," says Coanacoch humbly, standing and patting himself off if he needs to. "I am a humble monk who saw the victims of a massacre, rode with a carter, was captured by bandits, and ambushed by gnolls. Nature seems poised against my ignorance in finding my way home for I am lost. And now, to top it off .... my ignorance is compounded by having intruded upon your home and it seems my reward is that I may well be turned into a newt for all that I have braved.

    "I am Coanacoch of the Amedio Jungle, now studying at the nearby Temple."
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    She sighs. "Well? Take it off. I didn't know who ... or what ... was trying to manhandle me. If there is some way you can unshackle me as well, you shall find I will be better protection for you than you or I on our escape."
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek stands up a few hours later, feeling much more refreshed than he had any right to. "Do you guys feel... good? I'm stiff and sore, but for some reason I'm not tired." he begons stretching, preparing for another hard run.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I'm good. Let go." Vir-Sashi says, doing few stretches himself. "Through I'm thinking we should have left a warning about dark magic that may still be lurking in th ruins. There could have been other traps set by thi... this psychopath"
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-08-02 at 09:46 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man is behind you now, and you feel his hands grab the knot on your blindfold, then, the ribbon slips free to reveal the scene around you. The cart is badly damaged. An axel has been thrown, and the platform is cracked in two. The horse is long gone, and what few provisions remained on the cart from the wild run are now scattered throughout the woods.

    Sam is lying next to a tree with blood all over his head, and a snapped arrow in his thigh. He's breathing, but his eyes are closed and he doesn't appear to be doing much else. Examining yourself, you see that you have some minor cuts and scrapes, bruises here and there, but aren't much worse for the wear.

    Looking at the bandit, you can see that he's young, almost a boy, and a little shaken. His poor quality leather armor protected him somewhat from the fall, but the left side of his face is badly scratched up and covered in dirt. He has clearly taken a few hits from the battle as well, and sections of his armor are torn from the experience, but either he is one tough nut, or the wounds are only scratches, because it hasn't slowed him down.

    He's looking at you with pressed lips and furrowed brow, as if trying to figure out what to do with you. "I'm beginning to think Monk's are bad luck," he says with a nervous laugh. He looks back in the direction of the battle, which is now clear out of earshot and sight. "What's your name? Or should I just keep calling you 'girl'?" He looks back to you with a smirk, that diminishes quickly into a blush when he sees what you are wearing under your cloak. His eyes pop open and flash back up to meet your eyes. Then he almost apologetically looks away and scratches his head.


    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to hang on to the tree, and blink away the blinding effects of the sudden flash of light. At the end of your monologue, you feel a large grasshopper land on your shoulder and begin to crawl around to your face. When it comes into view, you can see that it's no cricket that is now perched horizontally on your chest, but some strange half-breed of elf and cricket... no doubt some member of the fey.

    He has blue skin and hair the color of moss, with two long antennae that tickle your chin as it feels around at your face. He is wearing a charming little orange vest with a veiny green texture to it, making it look like an autumn leaf. The sprite is giving you a sad, puppy dog expression.

    "I'm sorry to hear that, Coanacoch of the Amedio Jungle. Fear not. You will not be turned into a newt this day. It's just a deception I use to protect my family. But it sounds like you're the one who needs protecting. Greetings, Coanacoch of the Amedio Jungle!" He extends a hand, then retracts it, seeing that your hands are already busy trying to stay connected to the tree. "My name his Nib. If you'd be so kind as to hop off my home, I might be able to help you find your way."


    At the Shrine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You pack up your belongings and march onward, leaving the sanctuary behind. It will take several hours of marching to get to the bridge, but you find strength in your legs for the journey. It's still a bit chilly out, but the sun is high in the sky and the hills make for a surrealistically peaceful backdrop against the violence you've so recently experienced.

    (Sorry, things will speed up once I've got C & N's stories moving again. Give me a couple more posts.)
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    At once enchanted and fascinated by this magical creature, the boyish Coanacoch hops down. "Thank you, Nib. Shall I tell you of what has happened, or do you care to hear of the violence among mortal humanoids that may well affect other life?"
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual says, "I'm older than you are. So call me 'Sister,' and will call you 'Boy' .... unless you decided to finally introduce yourself, than we can be first-name. For now, can you get me out of the shackles? We need to carry Sam with us to safety. I can do it alone, but it would be very, very slow going .... and I assure you, especially looking at you, that I will be very useful in dissuading any pursuers if we are cornered."
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bandit lowers his head in a defensive posture and glares at you while you dish out the subtle insults about his age and vitality, but keeps his banter to an indecipherable murmur. You can make out "stupid" and "whore" among his rants, as he rummages through his pouch.

    "I don't have a key. Besides... you're still a prisoner. But, I suppose I could pick the locks on your feet so you can at least walk normal."

    He pulls out a set of thieves tools and approaches toward your feet. "Hold still."

    (1d20+10)[14]

    "Damnit! I said hold still." The bandit sighs at the first failed attempt. Then regroups and examines the lock with a bit more respect. "They call me Sneak." He scratches an itch on his neck then refocuses on the lock.


    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nib hops off Coanacoch and lands softly on the ground. "Violence is one of the telltale signs that spring has come at last. Ogres, Gnolls, Goblins, Orcs... they all come crashing through the woods... tearing through everything in their quests for sport, war, or whatever else it is they want at the time. Come..." He gestures for you to follow as he hops along a few feet ahead of you.

    "We can walk as we talk. What atrocities have they committed this time?"

    A smaller cricket/fairy hops up to Nib, holding his hand and whispering something in his ear. They consult with each other briefly and then the smaller one, which you can now tell is a female looks up at you with a worried expression, then nods and backs up a few steps with hands folded in concern.

    You can't make out much, but you can tell that she seems worried and he seems to be calming her. They're mannerisms suggest that they me be husband and wife or at least lovers.

    (You can roll a listen check if you want to eavesdrop, and a bluff if you want to do it without looking like your eavesdropping.)
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-08-05 at 01:56 PM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Coanacoch describes what he saw at the town, and what the goblins claimed. He also says he had a few tied up in tow with a mule, describes his encounter with Sam, the intention to take the goblins to the monastery for questioning, the near-miss with ogres chasing boars, and the rapid turnover of being captured by bandits, and they in turn being ambushed by gnolls.

    Coanacoch isn't trying to eavesdrop, it's just what people do ... listen to what they hear. Listen (1d20+5)[8]
    .......................................

    Paul (Psinger, aka Necahual) asked me to post for him. He had nothing to add other than Necahual maintains focus as well as possible to be as still as possible for Sneak.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-08-06 at 10:27 PM.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak works on the lock, occasionally looking back in the direction of the skirmish with the Gnolls.
    Open Lock: (1d20+10)[30]

    "Got it!" Sneak looks up at you with a smug grin, then slips the manacles off your ankles. Then he blanches when he hears the yipping cry of the Gnolls.:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock: (1d20+10)[29]
    Secret DM Roll: (1d3)[2]


    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't really hear what they were whispering. Teeny tiny voices and all...

    As you tell your sad tale, you can tell that Nib has some difficulty processing it all, but he remains sympathetic to the situation nonetheless. "Terrible. Just terrible." He stops and turns toward you for a moment. "I'm considered to be a good judge of character, Coanacoch of the Amedio Jungle. And I believe that you have a kind heart and mean well. I hope you can meet up with your friends soon, and I promise to keep an eye out for them should they come near my grove." He raises his right arm and points it straight out to his side. "Just keep heading south for only a few minutes more and you'll be on the path. I'd advise you to stay out of the woods hereon out. Especially after dark. Just keep to the path and you'll be fine." As you near the path, you can tell that you are easily an hour west of the bridge.


    On the Road:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your aggressive pace helps you make great time. Based on the surroundings you see, you believe you are about a half hour east of the bridge where the bandits were. Above you, you see that strange bird circling the sky above you.
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2012-08-07 at 01:44 AM.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  15. - Top - End - #555
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li stops when he sees the bird. He takes a second to catch his breath as he looks to the others.
    I think our friends are up ahead. Our numbers are thinner than last time. They may try and fight us if we continue, but we will lose more time if we try to cut around them than if we risk the fight. What do you want to do?


  16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "One of us may scout ahead. If he sees those guys on the bridge, we'll think how to avoid them, if not, we'll just go trough it."

  17. - Top - End - #557
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Young Grasshopper" follows fey grasshopper's sage advice. So it is pointed, so shall it be done.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #558
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I'll go, unless one of you wants to." Tilmekk says as he stares at the bird.
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  19. - Top - End - #559
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual says simply, "Thanks."

    After that, she'll follow Sneak.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  20. - Top - End - #560
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Li smiles and nods.
    If you want to go, be my guest. Just be careful. Give us a signal if something happens though, so we can come to aid you.


  21. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Will do." Tilmek says. Then he slinks off towards the bridge.

    Spoiler
    Show
    move silently (1d20+2)[10]
    spot (1d20+4)[9]
    listen (1d20+9)[24]
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "They're coming. It won't be hard to follow our trail." He looks to Sam, then to you, then back to the gnolls. Then with a curse, he hoists Sam up onto his shoulders like a sack of grain. "Come on! We've got to go!"

    Not bothering to cover up his tracks, Sneak charges off into the woods.

    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing much to see here. Sorry... man, I have got to unsplit you guys.

    The path takes you west, along the familiar trail back home.


    Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you wade in, you see that a camp was set here probably as early as yesterday, but whoever (most likely the bandits) was here took the time to clean it up pretty well. It's covered up a bit, but the muddy ground clearly shows cart tracks stopping here at the camp, then clearly turning into the wood.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  23. - Top - End - #563
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    She would've gotten Sam, but she is quite impressed with Sneak being able to hoist Sam like that and keep moving!

    Necahual follows.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  24. - Top - End - #564
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "Thank you for everything, Nib!" says Coanacoch cheerfully as he begins walking down the trail, but still trying to keep alert for any danger.
    DMing
    Hatfield Harriers
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #565
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek looks around for clues as to who they might have been, where they came from, and where they might be headed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    take 20 on a search check to get 19
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak is managing to bear the load of the old man, but he's heavy on his feet, and starts to slow after a short time. The sound of the gnolls are getting louder. It's becoming evident that if you can't lose them in the woods, they will catch you.


    Tilmek:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tracks are clearly headed north. 1 cart, a horse, possibly a donkey, and many people on foot. However, once you get about 60 feet into the wood, the trail gets much harder to follow. It appears that whoever left the tracks, went out of their way to cover them up after that point.

    (Track feat required beyond that point, due to the DC.)
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

  27. - Top - End - #567
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PSinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual says, "Put him down behind this tree. Since there are more people to deal with up there, they probably only have two or three gnolls at most that came after us. Do you have a weapon? If not, I have a staff or a dagger you can use. We'll get behind these trees, you on that side of the trail and me on this one. The first gnoll that passes us, we'll jump out to flank him. Sound like a plan, Sneak?"
    Last edited by PSinger; 2012-08-10 at 10:26 PM.
    Current Games
    Spoiler: Rise of the Runelords
    Show
    Rise of the Runelords - Dušana Essert,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Half-Elf female Bonded Witch 1// Menhir Savant 1
    Spoiler: Image of the Druid-Witch
    Show

    Spoiler: The Savage Tide
    Show
    The Savage Tide - Rabbi-Doctor Eliezer Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Young Amphibious Chalkydri Priest of Moradin 7

    Spoiler: Zodiac
    Show
    Zodiac
    Vanarath - young Astral Deva 11 of Michael Bindar II

  28. - Top - End - #568
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Vixsor Lumin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chandler AZ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Tilmek returns to the others, and tells them what he found. "But I would assume its safe to go forward if you'd like." he adds
    Amazing Jack avatar by Tiffanie Lirle
    Playtesting collection:
    Rogue: Clandestine Operations

    Tilmek, A Boot to the Head

    theme song
    Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    I see you're dressed in black with a bow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4iQvJo24U

  29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Man on Fire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    "I dont like it. We hould proceed with caution. I' going first, Li watches our back as we go." Vir-ahi says. Once they head out he carefully watches the threes around them, ready in case of enemy attack.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-08-12 at 06:05 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    inexorabletruth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 3.5 Monk Campaign: A Boot to the Head (IC)

    Necahual:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneak looks at you like you've lost your mind. "And just where are you hiding that staff? In your battle bra?" Sneak allows himself a sarcastic snicker.

    "Look, sweetheart. I don't have any interest in becoming gnoll food, and you talk a big talk for someone who surrendered so easily when you crossed our path," he huffs as he keeps gallumping along with Sam in tow. You can see that he's looking around for a better solution, though, then flinches when he hears the howls and barks getting closer. "Damnit! Are they toying with us or something?" It's then that Sneak trips and topples Sam onto the ground, who rolls and groans softly. Sneak regains his feet before hitting the ground, and looks back at where Sam lands, then forward in the direction of wherever he is trying to go. "I never should've left the city..."

    You can now hear the crashing of the gnolls as they approach. He ducks behind a rock while loading a hand crossbow.
    Hide: (1d20+11)[17]

    Spoiler
    Show
    You've got about a round and a readied action worth of time to do something before the gnolls enter this section of the woods.


    Coanacoch:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Highly uneventful march toward the temple.


    The Group:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You move forward unmolested. It doesn't appear that there are any ambushes in wait. Perhaps the bandits got their score for the day.

    But way up ahead, you can see what appears to be a small hunting party of humanoids carrying large game in long poles. From their posture and the shape of their frame, it's evident that they aren't humans.
    I'm back… more or less. My schedule has evened out some, so I can post more frequently. Daily posting will be a challenge though.

    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters: I'm not playing in any games at the moment.

    My Campaigns:
    Champions of Gru Game Closing

    My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •