New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] WARDEN I

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    plotclone Din approaches him "yes it is. " she hands him the form "if you would be so kind as to fill this in..."
    Phineas nods. "Of course, just give me a second..." He quickly scans the form, taking a pencil out of his jacket. Having filled it out, he returns the paper to Din. "Everything should be in order," he says, smiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Phineas Reinhardt
    Species: Human
    Class: Jack of All Trades
    Alignment: Anarchic Realistic
    Profession: Mage
    What I hope to achieve for the World: I wish to keep Nature untainted by the Plague that is Civilization.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    Phineas nods. "Of course, just give me a second..." He quickly scans the form, taking a pencil out of his jacket. Having filled it out, he returns the paper to Din. "Everything should be in order," he says, smiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Phineas Reinhardt
    Species: Human
    Class: Jack of All Trades
    Alignment: Anarchic Realistic
    Profession: Mage
    What I hope to achieve for the World: I wish to keep Nature untainted by the Plague that is Civilization.
    Din sighs "this organisation was founded in the hope that civilisation could coexist with nature... we're here to protect the natural world from foul abominations, and the undead blight. I don't want civilians being hurt. I hope you understand that"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Din sighs "you need to loosen up kid...but you havea knack for bees I'll give you that..."
    "What does 'loosen up' mean?" Kell asks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oi told yee, yon daft bunny. Ne'r doubt a moler when she say 'Uh cave's atter way.'" a female voice sounds in a rustic accent. "When a moler feels a cave underpaw, she feels a cave underpaw!"

"I am sorry to have ever doubted you, my lady," an older male voice answers. "Never again shall this honest hare doubt the word of a wise mole maid in any manners lithological! Even if she has me walking about in circles for over an hour."

"Hurr hurr, see that yee do, aye?" she chuckles back.

The pair become louder as they descend into the cave and eventually come into view. They both look mostly human aside from some peculiarities.

The female is a good bit bigger than the average nexus gal, but she wears it well rather than hide or be ashamed of it. Her hair is long but bushy and covers most of he face before splitting just above her nose, leaving only her nose and mouth visible. She's dressed in brown-green short-sleeved tunic over a white shirt, with white breeches. The peculiarities mentioned are her hands and feet, which instead of being human are big mole paws.

The male seems to be an old man, but very fit for his age. His hair and moustache are both a light grey. He's dressed as a military man, brown jacket fully decorated with medals. On his belt is a fencing foil, made for competition rather than true battle. On top of his head sit two long grey hare's ears, as he would loathe to be called a rabbit, in his mouth are a pair of large buck teeth, and his feet are are unbooted hare paws.

"'Ello all!" the mole maid calls to all the folks inside. "We 'ear tell of this 'ere place called Ward'n. Be we'm in the roight place?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-04-22 at 12:49 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

A certain rider approaches WARDEN.

The rider herself, is of course, female, but that most probably is the extent of what can be told. Most of her is clad in form fitting black armor, which shows her to be shapely in form, and wide about the hips. A sword is belted to saddle. A horsebow and quiver of arrows laid horizontally across the front.
    A black cloak, with a tall, peaked black hood shrouds her figure. A mask made out of silver, elegantly beaten into the shape of the face of an attractive woman, conceals her own face. A thin slit parts the lips, and small holes mark the nostrils, but curiously, the mask seems to have no such openings in the eyes. Instead, a pair of cut emeralds mark the spot, a pair of bright green crescents among the silver whole.

The horse is made out of pure marble. Seemingly carved from a single piece, and certainly carved, for one can see the tool marks close up (if one were willing to get close enough to see), but carved with detail enough to make such sculptors as Michelangelo hand in his chisel, and when in motion, it moves like flesh, marble muscles tensing and relaxing as fluidly as their squishier counterparts would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "What does 'loosen up' mean?" Kell asks.
    Din ponders a second, thrown by the question "um...I suppose it means that you can relax a bit more. A lot of what you were taught doesn't apply here. this is a free place, and whatever you were told about your social status is not important, because we equals here"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Oi told yee, yon daft bunny. Ne'r doubt a moler when she say 'Uh cave's atter way.'" a female voice sounds in a rustic accent. "When a moler feels a cave underpaw, she feels a cave underpaw!"

"I am sorry to have ever doubted you, my lady," an older male voice answers. "Never again shall this honest hare doubt the word of a wise mole maid in any manners lithological! Even if she has me walking about in circles for over an hour."

"Hurr hurr, see that yee do, aye?" she chuckles back.

The pair become louder as they descend into the cave and eventually come into view. They both look mostly human aside from some peculiarities.

The female is a good bit bigger than the average nexus gal, but she wears it well rather than hide or be ashamed of it. Her hair is long but bushy and covers most of he face before splitting just above her nose, leaving only her nose and mouth visible. She's dressed in brown-green short-sleeved tunic over a white shirt, with white breeches. The peculiarities mentioned are her hands and feet, which instead of being human are big mole paws.

The male seems to be an old man, but very fit for his age. His hair and moustache are both a light grey. He's dressed as a military man, brown jacket fully decorated with medals. On his belt is a fencing foil, made for competition rather than true battle. On top of his head sit two long grey hare's ears, as he would loathe to be called a rabbit, in his mouth are a pair of large buck teeth, and his feet are are unbooted hare paws.

"'Ello all!" the mole maid calls to all the folks inside. "We 'ear tell of this 'ere place called Ward'n. Be we'm in the roight place?"
    a Din clone walks over to them "yes it is...um...can i maybe help you in any way?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Din sighs "this organisation was founded in the hope that civilisation could coexist with nature... we're here to protect the natural world from foul abominations, and the undead blight. I don't want civilians being hurt. I hope you understand that"
    Phineas is already shaking his head before she finishes. "Oh, of course. I love civilization, without it I wouldn't be here. But the fact remains that nature does need people to speak out for it when it comes to civilization, because there are always greedy people willing to desecrate the natural order for profit. I will of course be happy to defend it against the undead, and similar aberrations, but I will also try to defend it from overzealous culling from the cities. Peacefully, of course. I'm not a criminal who would harm others." He pauses, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, if you have a problem with this, I will regretfully retract my membership."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Din ponders a second, thrown by the question "um...I suppose it means that you can relax a bit more. A lot of what you were taught doesn't apply here. this is a free place, and whatever you were told about your social status is not important, because we equals here"

"That is a lot for me to think about, Miss."
    Kell says. "I let go of a very important part of my upbringing when I abandoned my duty for love of Mori. I am not sure how much more I could let go of without ceasing to be myself."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #99

"Spos'dly Ward'n be about protectin nature, aye?" the mole-maid starts "Nary a woodlander we know'd say nay to the chance. We'm be happy to count erselves 'mong yer allies, yon maid. Oi be Maggie Soilheart an' this ol' sack of fur and fierceness be Thelonerous."

"That's Thelonius." the hare corrects. "Colonel Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot, decorated soldier, fearless foot fighter, and champion fencer," he takes a gracious bow with his introduction, and attempts to take Din's hand. "Here at the service of your organization or any raving beauty that dwells within." He then will try to kiss that hand.

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Weasel View Post
    Phineas is already shaking his head before she finishes. "Oh, of course. I love civilization, without it I wouldn't be here. But the fact remains that nature does need people to speak out for it when it comes to civilization, because there are always greedy people willing to desecrate the natural order for profit. I will of course be happy to defend it against the undead, and similar aberrations, but I will also try to defend it from overzealous culling from the cities. Peacefully, of course. I'm not a criminal who would harm others." He pauses, raising an eyebrow. "Of course, if you have a problem with this, I will regretfully retract my membership."
    Din smiles, nodding "ok. I just wanted to be sure. you wouldn't believe the kind of people that have committed atrocities in the name of "preserving" nature. " she looks around "I think we may well be able to hold a first meeting soon. maybe when I'm done with all this bureaucracy"

she sits down on the grass, leaning back

"That is a lot for me to think about, Miss."
    Kell says. "I let go of a very important part of my upbringing when I abandoned my duty for love of Mori. I am not sure how much more I could let go of without ceasing to be myself."
    Din nods "I understand all too well. I refused my destiny once, and It took me almost a decade to recover from it...did you run away from home?"

"Spos'dly Ward'n be about protectin nature, aye?" the mole-maid starts "Nary a woodlander we know'd say nay to the chance. We'm be happy to count erselves 'mong yer allies, yon maid. Oi be Maggie Soilheart an' this ol' sack of fur and fierceness be Thelonerous."

"That's Thelonius." the hare corrects. "Colonel Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot, decorated soldier, fearless foot fighter, and champion fencer," he takes a gracious bow with his introduction, and attempts to take Din's hand. "Here at the service of your organization or any raving beauty that dwells within." He then will try to kiss that hand.
    Din blushes a little at the kiss "I thank you both for coming here, and offering your services!" she will hand each of them a form to fill out "We shall have need of your services misers and master Woodlander. if you would please fill these in, I can offically welcome you to WARDEN"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, Miss. The woman it was my duty to marry said I could not keep Mori - could not even see her. So I ran away." He runs his fingers along one of the finely wrought gold and gemstone anklets that peep out beneath his tattered robe. "We were caught in a blizzard. I prayed to the Mistress of Honey, and a bee crawled out of my sleeve and stung me on the hand. I think she must have given me a blessing that day, for the blizzard should have killed us."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes, Miss. The woman it was my duty to marry said I could not keep Mori - could not even see her. So I ran away." He runs his fingers along one of the finely wrought gold and gemstone anklets that peep out beneath his tattered robe. "We were caught in a blizzard. I prayed to the Mistress of Honey, and a bee crawled out of my sleeve and stung me on the hand. I think she must have given me a blessing that day, for the blizzard should have killed us."
    Din nods "...I ran away from home too when I was about your age... ran away from destiny . I was supposed to become a priestess... but I didn't want too. I stole a boat, and sailed off by myself...and...well... I stranded not too far from here" she sits down next to him "your freedom is something that no one has the right to take away from you. ever "

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Din blushes a little at the kiss "I thank you both for coming here, and offering your services!" she will hand each of them a form to fill out "We shall have need of your services misers and master Woodlander. if you would please fill these in, I can offically welcome you to WARDEN"
    "Course m'lady! I'll have this done in a right quick, eh wot?" Thelonius stands straight at attention. The pair take their pages and have them done swiftly enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Maggie Soilheart
    Species: A mole.
    Class: I'm no noble, just a common mole. *
    Alignment: My spine is fine, thank you. (They're both good, if it's necessary.)
    Profession: Digger, Tunneler, Stonemason, Gardener, and a fine cook when I find myself in the mood. I've also been told I'm a decent medic.*
    What I hope to achieve for the World: Why it's my dream to have all woodland creatures like I, homed, fed, and happy.*
    anything else you want to mention: Seems an awful lot of bees. I suppose I won't mind should mead or honeyed treats come of it, but stings are nasty business.

Name: Thelonius Reginald Greyfoot
    Species: Grey Hare
    Class: Colonel, First Class, high honors.*
    Alignment: To all those in need
    Profession: Retired Soldier, Guard to Lady Soilheart.*
    What I hope to achieve for the World: To form a defense for nature against those who should seek it's destruction.
    anything else you want to mention: I'll need to inspect the larder, Immediately! Military business and all that.

"Burr aye, What be yee name, dearie?" she asks Din. "and what be our furst ord'r a bizzness?"

"Lunch, if we're lucky, Maggie my sweet."

"Yee wud be conzern'd with yee stomach b'fer all else, wouldn't yee?"

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"Freedom isn't as important as having a place to belong," Kell says. "All of the members of the hive know their duty and help to create a wondrous nectar that none could create alone."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Dionydore has sat down at the base of a large tree, preferably an oak tree. He'd cross his legs, but his legs don't bend in the correct manner to make that possible so he's lying them out in front of him. His eyes are closed and he's breathing deeply. A hop vine is growing around his chest.

His monk's spade, a polearm ending in a crescent-shaped blade on one end and a half-circle shaped blade on the other- has been propped up against a nearby tree. Hops are growing up that, too.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Din, or anyone really, may notice an aforementioned figure watching WARDEN from not-really-afar.

Or if they don't, that's cool too, because said figure swiftly rides up, raising a hand in greeting to whatever first person it sees.
    "Hail."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Din smiles, nodding "ok. I just wanted to be sure. you wouldn't believe the kind of people that have committed atrocities in the name of "preserving" nature. " she looks around "I think we may well be able to hold a first meeting soon. maybe when I'm done with all this bureaucracy"

she sits down on the grass, leaning back
    Phineas nods his head grimly. "Oh, I can believe it all right. I've met some right nasty people who killed others in the name of keeping natural order. Bad business. Well, if that's settled, I agree that we should have a meeting fairly soon. A lot of people are joining up, and they'll want to know what you're all about." He looks around at the newcomers, and...a hare? And a mole? What luck! He wanders over to them, holding out his hand in greeting.
    "I say, it's a pleasure to meet you. Maggie and Thelonius, is it? I'm Phineas. I've always said, if you can't trust a mole you can't trust anyone, and I'm sure I'm not about to be proven wrong." Anyone who'd met moles before would have to agree.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

"Hurr Hurr! Oi loik thissun. He be a smarttun," Maggie chuckles.

"So true, my lad. I've never met a soul more honest and pure than my dear Maggie," Thelonius says with great pride.

Maggie blushes as she attempts to straighten her bushy hair with her paws. "Burr, go on yee great grey flatterer."

"Phineas, eh? Good name. Strong name. So what skills do you bring to regiment, Phineas me bucko?"

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Freedom isn't as important as having a place to belong," Kell says. "All of the members of the hive know their duty and help to create a wondrous nectar that none could create alone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Din, or anyone really, may notice an aforementioned figure watching WARDEN from not-really-afar.

Or if they don't, that's cool too, because said figure swiftly rides up, raising a hand in greeting to whatever first person it sees.
    "Hail."
    Din is about to answer the boy, when the rider approaches "...I think this may be trouble..." she will slowly approach the rider "hello... Welcome to Warden... can i help you?"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Kell doesn't know why the lady suspects trouble, but rises to his feet, and with a hand signal, Mori is soon at his side. He follows Din ready to do what he can to aid her.

Which is to say, not much.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Manticore (a scruffily-dressed synthetic-bodied woman with long, black-tipped white hair; not actually a manticore) watches the possible dealio going down among the elf lady and the boy plus dog and the newcomer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

"Hurr Hurr! Oi loik thissun. He be a smarttun," Maggie chuckles.

"So true, my lad. I've never met a soul more honest and pure than my dear Maggie," Thelonius says with great pride.

Maggie blushes as she attempts to straighten her bushy hair with her paws. "Burr, go on yee great grey flatterer."

"Phineas, eh? Good name. Strong name. So what skills do you bring to regiment, Phineas me bucko?"
    Phineas grins at the two woodlanders. "Oh, I can do a bit of most anything. I'm good at rounding out a group, helping whoever needs it. Of course, with the diversity of people joining this organization, there will be few things we can't do if we set our minds to it."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

"Always a good use for a Jack of all trades, wot wot," Thelonius agrees. "I am actually quite the opposite, a specialist. I am soldier and a fencer. Maggie is a mole, which is a resume in itself. She's a great digger and tunneler, born skill is what that is."

"Dun sell yeeself short, Thelonerous. Yer tactishun 'n a scout, not to menshun a champ'n food scoffer. Oi aint nothin' special fer a moler." More nervous pawing at her hair. "So, Phinus, do yee have any partic'lr c'nnecshun to nature? Yee did join Ward'n."

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Din is about to answer the boy, when the rider approaches "...I think this may be trouble..." she will slowly approach the rider "hello... Welcome to Warden... can i help you?"
    "Could you? Perhaps..." The rider drawls, drawing out the 'Perhapsssssss' until it's nearly a hiss. In fact, from under her hood comes a low, rustling, hissing sort of sound, as if housing a nest of vipers.
    "I was just admiring your forest from afar. You say this place is called Warden?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

A few bees fly closer to the stranger, peering into the hood, but without touching anything.

Do they see anything interesting?

Kell stands respectfully in the presence of women, as he has been taught, eyes lowered, showers back, hands down by his sides.

Mori sits at attention next to Kell.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

The bees will likely find that the 'nest of vipers' comment from the previous post is literally correct, as there does indeed seem to be one under the hood, slithering in a halo around the golden mask. A few of them stare at the bees, hissing, but seemingly suspecting nothing, as the woman does not seem to acknowledge their presence. The mask is placed quite flush to the woman's face, which is perhaps fortunate for the bees, as any who get too close a look at what's underneath will likely find themselves some very delicate and gorgeous looking pebbles.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

"Always a good use for a Jack of all trades, wot wot," Thelonius agrees. "I am actually quite the opposite, a specialist. I am soldier and a fencer. Maggie is a mole, which is a resume in itself. She's a great digger and tunneler, born skill is what that is."

"Dun sell yeeself short, Thelonerous. Yer tactishun 'n a scout, not to menshun a champ'n food scoffer. Oi aint nothin' special fer a moler." More nervous pawing at her hair. "So, Phinus, do yee have any partic'lr c'nnecshun to nature? Yee did join Ward'n."
    Phineas shrugs. "Well, the fact is I've never had much of a connection to nature. I've lived in the city most of my life, and I've never really had a chance to cultivate such a connection. That's part of why I'm joining, so I can become more in tune with the woodlands and nature in general." Kind of pitiful joining a nature based organization with no experience of living in the wild, but better late than never.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

"Aye, tha' makes sense. Us 'as been livin in thee woodl'nds all our loives. We'm can teach'ee bout nature," Maggie offers.

"Jolly good, I suspect we can impart a good deal of knowledge onto this young man," Thelonius agrees. "We won't be living here, ol' bean, but our dens aren't very far a walk. Don't fear to come and visit, Phineas me laddo."

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

Phineas grins, white teeth flashing in the sun. "That's a very kind offer, and I will definitely take you up on that. It's about time I started giving back to nature. I made the right decision coming here, it seems." Indeed you have, Phineas. Don't let it go to your head, though.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

"Aye, folk who livin' cities tend'a take nature fer granted. Glad yee wish ter give back," Maggie says.

"True as always, Dear Mag." Spotting the conversation brewing with the mysterious rider, Thelonius turns an ear to the conversation.

If Maggie notices she doesn't say anything, as this may be a habit of his to eavesdrop secretly."Oi was acshurlly lookin' fer a good plot t' start a garden. 'Ave yee been round long nuff to see a spot?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-04-29 at 01:44 PM.

My Characters