New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 5

Intro Party -> Inside!

"Then I'd suggest you hold on tightly." Dionysus says, reaching out a hand. Should Pavati take it, the vine in the water will jerk once, tug, then zip out to sea, taking Dionysus and presumably the selkie he's holding onto with it.

He'll be depositing her in a particular fountain in Mallside along his way to deal with a few errant followers of his.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

"You smell like Aunt Nixa!" Ophelia exclaims, not moving from the rather awkward position.

"Does that make you my uncle?" She sniffs him again. "I thought you were lunch, but you can't be if you're my uncle. What now then?"

And as ever, the little boy sits in the corner of the room, being entirely unhelpful in every way.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beren's Hold

Yeah... Nixa is my big sister. He sits a little straighter at her mention, feeling very proud. So, I guess I'm your uncle. But the age makes it more like a sister.

Well, we definitely have to get out of here. If you have a wire or something I can pick the lock.

He frowns.

Shade's your dad, right? Why would he leave you here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

4. - Top - End - #844
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

"Shade's my dad, yes. He left me here 'cause he can't get me out. You're here most likely because Nixa will come for you. Beren wants Nixa more than anything."
    She climbs off of Akoraun, and suddenly it's less awkward in the room.

"Is your blood magical?" She asks quietly, studying her hands. The fact that she didn't answer whether or not she had a wire is reason enough to believe that she doesn't. "The blood of a werecat is magic. The blood of a dragon, even more so. If your blood is magic than Beren won't ever let you go. So, are you magical?" She sounds almost on the verge of tears. Wonder how long she's been down here?

5. - Top - End - #845

No... at least I don't think so. Why does he want Nixa?

Then she looks about to cry. Uh oh.

Hey... don't worry, we'll figure how to get out of here...
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

6. - Top - End - #846

[Misha's Pool]

Walking arm in arm was not the most expedient way to travel but eventualities did have their limits on how long they could delay. Riss was a bit uncomfortable with her choice in attire although it wouldn't seem to be anything different from usual at first glance. At the very least, today I've learned of the additional functionality of certain garments. So I guess it's not a total loss... Ah hell. Sarcasm does nothing to help either.

"So... I know you don't get hungry or anything but, well.. I think I'd feel a little silly if I'm going to be the only one eating anything once we get there." Riss said, taking a step with an exaggerated swagger to bump her hip against Misha's. And I'd like to get that out of the way first or else I might wind up going without food for a few days again. It's not like I'd starve or anything but.. I'm not fond of that idea for some reason.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

[Beren's Hold]

"It's just that... every few days he comes back, and takes more blood, and more fur, and more tears. And every day I feel happy about it. Like it's the best thing in the world. i always manage to shake off the feeling soon, but not 'till after it's over. And look at him," she gestures to her brother, "not even hitting him drives away the mindflayer. I don't think we will ever get out. Soon you'll be just like him, and... and..."

She sniffs back her tears and swings at Elkandar again, not very hard this time. "Don't go all starry-eyed on me again! Don't do it!"

8. - Top - End - #848

Misha's Pool

The nereid nods happily, seemingly cheered up just by her proximity to her familiar abode.

"Well, if you've got anything to drink I can pretty easily stomach that. Otherwise, small stuff is probably the easiest for me to work with." She explains as she pulls aside a bit of foliage, revealing the mossy bank of her pool to new eyes for the first time in centuries.

The water looks unnaturally clear, and you would be able to see clear down to the bottom were it not so deep in the center. The moss on the shore quickly gives way to little round rocks of various sizes and shades under the water. After ten feet or so, there's an abrupt drop-off into the depths of the pool, and it seems deep enough that no light makes it to the bottom.

The pool is hemmed on all sides by small groups of bushes and trees, just enough to hide it from view if anyone stumbles across it, "So, what do you think of my home?" Misha asks with a bit of trepidation. She resists the urge to drag Riss forwards now that they're so close, instead stepping beyond the tree cover into the clearing and looking for a good place to sit down and start spreading out the food.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #849

[Misha's Pool]

"Well.. Um.. Honestly?" Riss began, looking around and taking in the sights. Detaching herself from Misha, the muse took a few steps forward to peer at the pool itself before turning on her heel as a grin spread over her face. "I'm surprised you haven't gone crazy yet from being stuck in my room if this is what you're used to." she said. Then again, it might partially be due to that familiarity that a change of scenery isn't as boring.. Or I could be off and she only manages because she forces herself to...

Once a good spot had been found, Riss would quickly sit down and remove her footwear before assuming a kneeling position. Setting the basket down, the muse beckoned to Misha to join her although she would insist on her lap being used as a sort of makeshift pillow for the nereid's head.Also.. Hmm. If she prefers juices then I think that would be easy enough to work with. Most of the stuff is half juice already so all I need is something small.. Ah, grapes. Grapes would be perfect. Or cherries... Mmm.. Definitely will have to get a few of each.

10. - Top - End - #850

Misha's Pool

The nereid is downright gleeful at the invitation. She didn't expect to be pampered on this excursion! Once her head is resting firmly in Riss' lap, she reaches a hand up behind the muse and tries to slip it up under her shirt, trailing slightly damp fingers along the small of her back.

"I think I know just about every rock, bit of moss, leaf, and blade of grass in here by heart. I'd be bored stiff if I had stayed around here after waking up this time. Besides, as grey as the walls are in that cave, you're never boring, and that's what keeps me around." She says earnestly, playing with a strand of her hair.

11. - Top - End - #851

[Misha's Pool]

Riss managed to keep from squirming but there would be no resistance either. Taking a moment to root around inside the basket, Riss managed to find a bunch of red grapes whereupon she plucked one from the stem and would hold it just away from Misha's lips, trying to entice her. "Both small and mostly juice, I think this'll fit the description well enough." she said. She was intending to try and pamper Misha as much as she was able today, after all. Partially as an apology for taking so long on her project and partially.. Well.. She's really done quite a bit for me and I haven't really returned any of that. At least I can try to give back a little bit now.

"Hey, Misha?" Riss began in a tone that suggested she was trying to make light of this even thouhg it had been on her mind for some time. "You say I'm not boring and.. Well, do you remember when Mimi kept saying I was 'special' and later on you agreed that I was important? Why is that? I mean.. What is it that makes me important to you?"

12. - Top - End - #852

Misha's Pool

The nereid ignores the grape for the moment, instead thinking about how to answer Riss' question without seeming like she's brushing it off. It was... complex.

"Well, emotions are kind of like magic, because I only know about half of what I need to to make sense of them, if that." She starts, trying to lighten things with a bit of humor. She reaches up and tries to snag Riss' wrist, pulling down so that the grape can be popped into her mouth that way, rather than having to lift herself off her comfy pillow.

"I don't really know why, but I keep having this feeling every time you're away like I'm missing something important, and that everything interesting is happening somewhere else. It makes me want to follow you around everywhere, just to see what's going to happen next. It... it's not even what happens, it's how you react to it that makes it so interesting. I've never seen anyone act or think like you do. Sometimes, it means I don't quite know how to make you happy, but every time I learn a new way, it makes me just about melt."

13. - Top - End - #853

[Misha's Pool]

Misha wouldn't even have to reach in the first place as Riss was watching closely so as to be quite responsive to the nereid's wants. Taking a quick moment to pop a grape into her own mouth, Riss would continue passing out the tiny morsel fruits until Misha appeared to decide that she had eaten enough. Of course, she was making sure that either of them would wind up with half each until that happened.

"I'm not sure I understand but.. Well, I guess I can as I think I can appreciate what you mean but.. Well, it's similar to that for me but not entirely. The difference in viewpoint and reactions and background? Definitely. But.. Well.. Misha, you're the first person who... Well, the first person in a long time who's really cared. Or at least said something and acted on it. I won't lie, this is all still kinda strange and surreal and more than a little scary for me but... Well, I'm also glad that I know you." Stifling a small laugh, the muse continued. "This was before I met you but some time ago I went and replaced my skeleton and the blood in my veins for synthetic enhancements. It wasn't so much of a want as it was a necessity but that's not what I'm trying to get at. What I'm saying is that I locked myself in a tank for half a year as the process almost literally took me apart and built me up again. I mean, most of the flesh was simply separated from my bones and all but I did have to relocate my brain and so on... Erm.. What I'm getting at is.. Well, things have been so different that I sometimes wonder if I'm still dreaming in the tank. I'll only know if I 'wake up' some time down the line but.. I don't know if I'd want to, now."

14. - Top - End - #854

Misha's Pool

Misha considers that, just for a second, as she "digests" the grapes. Mostly, she's draining them of all liquid and leaving the husks to be disposed of later, probably when they finally take a dip. She appreciates the flavor rather audibly, and it isn't long before she's actively awaiting each grape.

"Well that's kind of silly. After all, I know that I'm thinking, so unless you were sharing a dream with me, there's no way you could be dreaming in that tank. Besides, all of the stuff you've seen is completely outside of what was normal for you before. I don't think you can dream about trees and sun and sky and magic without ever knowing about it." That gets her to thinking though. Is it possible to dream of those things without knowing them? She's probably not the smartest person who's ever speculated on that, so there's probably an answer waiting out there in a book or something. Maybe Archie knows.

Then she thinks of something else, and tries to stop Riss from swallowing her next grape with a hand, "Just hold on a moment..." That same hand reaches up to Riss' face, and Misha somewhat awkardly tries to pop her index finger in between the muse's lips in place of the grape.

Riss will find the flavor not too dissimilar, as Misha has tranferred the liquid she ingested to the surface of her skin around that fingertip. If anything, it may be a bit more intense.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Beren's Hold]

"It's just that... every few days he comes back, and takes more blood, and more fur, and more tears. And every day I feel happy about it. Like it's the best thing in the world. i always manage to shake off the feeling soon, but not 'till after it's over. And look at him," she gestures to her brother, "not even hitting him drives away the mindflayer. I don't think we will ever get out. Soon you'll be just like him, and... and..."

She sniffs back her tears and swings at Elkandar? again, not very hard this time. "Don't go all starry-eyed on me again! Don't do it!"
    Beren's Hold

Ow! Akoraun's head cracks backward. You're the one who's about to cry. Akoraun looks fiery. Please stop. We really need to think.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #856

[Misha's Pool]

"That's a valid point. I mean unless I've gone crazy or-Hey!" Getting between the muse and just about any sort of fruit would get her attention although if it were anyone other than Misha, it probably wouldn't have been attention that would be appreciated. That all quickly changed, though, once she discovered that Misha was quite definitely grape flavored. Setting the grapes down on top of the basket, Riss would try to take Misha's hand in both of hers so the nereid wouldn't be able to pull away.

Though she didn't say anything directly, it was clear the muse was impressed. Well, that and she seemed to imply that Misha might not be getting her hand back any time soon. If I had known you could do this with juice then I probably would have made you start having meals with me long before now. It makes sense though if we're strictly talking about fluid control... I'm not sure if I should say anything or else I'd probably be giving her ammunition to make be do whatever she wants. Well.. Not that I'd mind most of the time, I guess... Still, it would be nice to get work done from time to time. Hah, I'm thinking of that at a time like this. What is wrong with me? Obviously I need to do other things more. This is a pretty good start, though.

17. - Top - End - #857

Misha's Pool

Misha will giggle at Riss suckling on her finger like a newborn, enduring the odd, somewhat nice sensation for as long as the grape juice she'd absorbed lasts, at which point her finger will go back to tasting like a regular finger.

Much to Riss' disappointment no doubt.

Misha scrunches up her forehead though, and thinks. There's no reason she couldn't...

Well, better ask Riss about it, and that means getting her finger back so the muse is more inclined to talk. Rapidly, Misha's wrist and hand liquify, pulling away, although it's entirely possible some of her finger is left behind in Riss' mouth. Without even thinking, some water from the pond trails up through the moss to replace it seamlessly by flowing into her foot.

"You know... now that I've eaten those, I think I can do the same thing with them as I can with people. It feels odd... but I could probably try it, if you'd like." The last part is said lightly, as if she doesn't know exactly what Riss would like. Her smirk gives her away though.

18. - Top - End - #858

[Misha's Pool]

Riss was very obviously interested. Though Misha couldn't have known of the effect that fruit had on muses in general, she certainly was learning to use it to her advantage. "...I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to wait before saying yes so that I don't look too eager. I mean.. You mean the flavor part and not actually turning into fruit, right?" Riss said with a wry smile as she used one of her now free hands to try and run her fingers through Misha's hair.

"...You know, if you do that, I think that would be it for me, though. You're already hard enough to resist, you know." she said with a smile as she plucked another grape, offering it to Misha. "I think you'd be just about irresistible then." Maybe not entirely but close enough.

19. - Top - End - #859

Misha's Pool

After the way Riss tore into those fey apples, it would be hard for her not to notice. Still, she promises herself not to abuse it too much...

Okay, maybe just a little. Leaning up from her reclined position with the grape still in her mouth, Misha tries to press her lips against Riss' own, and push the morsel past them, followed by a distinctly grape-flavored tongue.

And then she pulls back with a smirk, and begins to stand, sauntering over to the edge of the water.

"Care for a dip?" She half-turns to Riss, revealing her smiling profile as she begins undoing the strings of her top.

20. - Top - End - #860

[Misha's Pool]

Riss would certainly be more reluctant than usual when Misha pulled away from her even though she ended up with a small prize for her 'troubles.' I would say that's cheating if not for the fact that I'm hoping she does that more..

Listening to Misha's question, Riss tilted her head to the side in a brief moment of thought. "Mmm.. Well.." she said as she placed the uneaten grapes back in the basket. Searching around for a moment, she managed to find a pair of sweet cherries that were joined at the stem. They often were but sometimes they could be pulled apart into single morsels. Getting up to join Misha, Riss drew close before putting one cherry in her mouth, holding it with her teeth as the other one hung down from the shared stem. "Maybe after a small last bite?" she said around the fruit. Already it appeared that Riss was interested in expanding Misha's repertoire but it might simply be that the muse was angling for another kiss.

21. - Top - End - #861

Misha's Pool

The nereid turns around fully, and leans in to grab the dangling cherry with her teeth without breaking the skin, twisting her head a little so that the stem is pulled off of the fruit and she can lean back.

"One more couldn't hurt." She says with the cherry in her mouth, before biting down and getting a shock as the pit jolts between her teeth. She reflexively gasps, and the cherry goes directly down her throat, causing a few brief coughs as it nearly heads down the wrong hole.

"*cough* Gah... what the heck was that? Ow..." She holds her jaw lightly, massaging it up and down over the offending tooth.

22. - Top - End - #862

[Misha's Pool]

"Ah! Sorry! That was the seed. I-I'm sorry I wasn't thinking. Are you alright?" Dammit! Looks like I managed to screw this up after all. "I-I'm just used to it and I didn't think and I should have warned you but I was just caught up in the moment.. And I'm just making excuses now.." Riss said, her hands drifting forward momentarily before she pulled away and began worrying her shirttails.

With a sigh, the muse turned her head away... But paused and turned right back, raising a hand to Misha's cheek where the she had indicated the pain was coming from; pulling in close to try and wrap an arm around the nereid's waist. "Sorry." she said quietly. "That one was for getting all worked up... Maybe I should try that with orange slices next time. Citrus tastes pretty good and there aren't any seeds hiding in it."

23. - Top - End - #863

Misha's Pool

Misha tries for a smile, but ends up wincing just a bit before gathering herself enough to remember what she can do in this predicament. Her body turns entirely into liquid, the skins and pulp from the grapes and lone cherry settling on the ground beneath her, before she becomes solid again, lingering pain forgotten in time for Riss wrapping an arm around her.

"It's alright. I probably shouldn't have been so careless. It's been a long time since someone asked me to eat with them." Too long for her to remember, certainly.

"Oranges are those wedge things, right? I saw you give Mimi one. Might be worth trying. It'll certainly be a more pleasant experience than that." She says jokingly.

24. - Top - End - #864

[Misha's Pool]

"It'll definitely be a more pleasant experience." Riss said although her tone seemed to suggest that she would make it so if need be. "Well, I think I've delayed us long enough now. If you don't mind me sticking to the shallows, then I think I'm ready.. Actually, no, I'm not." Reaching up to her shirt, Riss quickly unbuttoned her shirt and carelessly tossed it aside before doing the same with her pants. Having 'forgotten' any other garments, the process was quite sped up. Tossing her slacks farther away from the pool so as to not risk them getting wet, the muse reached down to where the goggles had fallen and hung them around her neck for the time being.

Though Misha might not notice, the muse's pants seemed to have a little bulk to them in a few places, still. Apparently she had a few things in her pockets for some occasion. Or perhaps the standard useful things one would carry around. "Okay.. I'm ready." Riss said, sounding perhaps a tiny bit apprehensive about the whole idea of swimming.

25. - Top - End - #865

Misha' Pool

"Hmm, alright, just the shallows for now. I keep all the really cool stuff in deep though, so I'll have to drag some up to show you until you can swim for yourself." Taking Riss by the hand, and noting her own soaked (drat) clothes before shrugging and flicking them farther into the clearing with a foot, Misha will try to gently guide the muse into the sun-warmed water. Up until the drop-off, the water only goes up to Riss' neck at most, so she should feel plenty safe so long as she avoid the edge.

Misha, of course, floats around effortlessly once in her native element, every twitch of a limb or adjustment of body weight perfectly flowing into the next and propelling her around. It's almost like a dance, and near-mesmerizing to watch.

"Hmmm... anything you might want to see first?" Misha asks, momentarily forgetting she hasn't yet divulged the nature of her secret treasures.

26. - Top - End - #866

[Misha's Pool]

Though the water was warmed by the sun, it was still cooler than the muse was expecting so it took a few minutes to acclimatize to her new surroundings Of course, she slipped on the goggles just to be safe now that she was so close to the water's surface. But the nereid was talking about her treasures now and it wouldn't do for her to miss that. "Mmm.." the muse intoned, keeping herself quiet so as to not say some rather silly comment to Misha's question. Besides, I can probably come up with a better answer than 'more of you.' Really I think I should feel ashamed as even I know that's bad.

"Um.. Do you have any favorites?" Riss asked, not completely sure what it was Misha kept hidden away. Perhaps this would be the best way to find out?

27. - Top - End - #867

Misha's Pool

"Wellll..." Misha drawls as she glides back over to Riss, encircling the muse in her arms, "I happen to be holding my favorite treasure as we speak." Riss may be able to resist the call of sappy lines, but Misha certainly can't.

Even as she says this though, a bit of glinting metal floats its way up to the surface, unnaturally buoyant. It quickly skims over the water until it's near Misha and Riss, and the nereid frees an arm to pick it up. As she reaches for it, Riss may notice that the water bulges when her fingers get closer, as if answering to her needs.

When she pulls it out of the water, Riss can see it's a small bit of shaped gold, hanging on a very weathered leather thong that has held together rather impressively despite its age. It's probably because it was underwater in a relatively clean pool, without much in the way of parasites to eat away at it. The gold is rather impressively styled as a clam shell, a little indent around the edge showing that it's partway open.

"This is one a little girl gave me when she was visiting. I think it was her mothers. I wanted to give it to you ever since you said you'd like to come here. I was special to people at one point, and they gave me things like this to show it. Now, I can pass that on to you."

28. - Top - End - #868

[Misha's Pool]

Riss had to laugh at how easily Misha said that. Though the lines might have been terribly sappy, if said at the right time, they kept all of their impact. Of course, it hardly needed to be mentioned that Riss would be returning the gesture.

Though Riss would eventually try to inspect the golden shell to see if it was simply designed to appear open or if it would actually part, there was something else that would need to be addressed first. "Hey.. I wouldn't say that in past tense. You're still important to me." she said as she accepted the gift. "Or.. Am I just a treasure? Did you just lure me here so you can keep me at the bottom of your pool forever?" the muse asked with a playful grin. "Though.. I can go without air for quite a long time.." she said, her expression briefly thoughtful.

29. - Top - End - #869

Misha's Pool

The nereid's eyes dance with delight, "You're not just some treasure. You're the most important person I've ever met. That makes you the only treasure I don't want to hide away at the bottom of a pool." She teases Riss' hair lightly, finding the slightly soggy tips of her auburn hair somewhat fascinating for no reason.

"Of course, if you really do want to test how long you can hold your breath, we can put those goggles to good use. I wouldn't mind giving you a tour of the rest."

At some prodding, Riss will find that the shell is in fact a locket, although the clasp is somewhat stubborn. Inside, there's a completely faded picture behind a solid piece of glass, held in place by a few little wire clips. There's no way to tell who the photo was of, but it's there, washed out and almost entirely white except for a shadow of an outline where a face may once have been.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-07-13 at 06:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870

[Misha's Pool]

The locket would soon be hung around the muse's neck. Partially because it would be easier to hold on to and partially because she wanted the hand to be free. Still, something that holds hard-copy photos, hm? I think I might be able to do something with this.. Having an entire photo album at one's fingertips was perhaps a bit outdated when she could access images with a few quick thoughts but there was no reason to not use the locket for it's intended function.

"I'd like to see what else you have.. But first.. Well.. Thank you." Riss said, still enamored by the gift. "It wasn't until recently that I've ever gotten many gifts so.. I just feel a bit.. Well, I feel like I should have something for you as well." she continued, a light melancholy note in her voice It's still an odd concept to someone who's used to an almost strictly barter-based environment. The melancholy appeared to pass rather quickly, though, and the muse would be quite ready to see what else Misha was hiding away... Well, ready after possibly trying to nibble just slightly on the nereid's neck.