New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Kingmaker: Here Comes the Cavalry! (IC)

Alistar tries to move up the ramp. It's pretty greasy and will remain so for a while...

ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gimme either a DC 10 acrobatics check, or a reflex save, DC 15, or slip and slide to the bottom of the ramp.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-10-23 at 07:01 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #1172

Brin follows suit and scrambles up the ramp deftly, having no difficulty with the slick surface. "If it's a caster in the next room than an arrow will be good enough to take care of him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Brin's acrobatics mod is +14 so I think she would pass the DC no problem
    Blarg...

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae'l moves up to the ramp and takes a breath before touching the grease attempting to 'remove' it for a time, hopefully long enough for everyone to get up the ramp.
    Spoiler
    Show

Remove from Time says it removes the thing touched for a number of rounds = 1/2 my oracle level which is 3, so either 1 or 2 rounds depending on which way we round it
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alistar

Spoiler
    Show

Relfex: (1d20+5)[10]

Of course, Alistar forgot about the grease on the ramp, and ends up on his face at the base of it. After a moment he tries to stand up and brush himself off a bit. "Well, I suppose I have to make a fool of myself at LEAST once a day. Best get it out of the way early."
    Last edited by Sithis; 2012-10-23 at 10:25 AM.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save: (1d20+10)[14]

*Slip*

"Ouch! I'm a lot more tired than I thought..."

Then she see Fa'el remove the grease.

"Thanks Fail. That would have been embarrassing if I had a chance to slip again."

She then walks up the de-greased ramp.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-10-23 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae'l smiled to Maple, happy her gift was of use. "No problem, I just hope that the rest of this plan goes as smooth as it has been... well smooth in the fact that we're stilll all standing." She continued to be vigil while moving up the ramp, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[19]

Ac/Hp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ac: 14
    HP 28/28
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

7. - Top - End - #1177

Lux

Unlike Alistar, Lux hadn't forgotten of the grease. So when he tried to go up and failed, she hadn't followed. Patience - she'd found - could be an excellent virtue at times. Sure it was a bit annoying for a warrior like herself ... but at times like now, it paid off. Giving a nod of appreciation to the Elven maiden, she then followed Alistar up the ramp. "The idea of dealing with said enemy caster sounds lovely ... " She murmured lowly to him, keeping her voice low and eyes ahead towards their new destination.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 18
    HP: 33/42

~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

Roqoan quickly heads up the ramp once Fae'l removes the grease, but he's more than ready in case it returns, making sure he has steady footing.
    "I just hope i don't get another javelin thrown at me. I may stay a bit more in the back."

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save: (1d20+3)[19]

AC 15, HP 15
    Last edited by Steckie; 2012-10-23 at 12:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Fa'el's touch winks the grease out of existence. With 12 seconds before it reappears, the group hustles up the ramp.

The next room is long, wide, and filled with tables. A bubbling pot sends foul odors through the area as it burns over a low cookfire, and smoke pools around the ceiling, six feet up. At the end of it lies a corridor going up at an angle, with rocklike steps embedded into it. Between here and there, several tables have been overturned to make a makeshift barricade.

Standing behind the barricade are three figues. The largest is a scarred man with clearly orcish blood, clad in the hide of a great wolf. He scowls at you and unlimbers a two-handed sword. The second is a goblin wearing leather, and bearing a bow almost as big as he is. He takes your measure with an ungoblin-like coolest, and sets two arrows to the string.

The third is a dwarf with grey skin and glowing red eyes, clad in black, ornate platemail and bearing a hammer that crackles with flames. The dwarf is considering a small talisman that hangs from his neck, and he chants a spell as you enter, before putting it down and considering you.

SPELLCRAFT DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protection from Good

KNOWLEDGE - RELIGION DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by the chant and the symbol, this guy's a priest of Asmodeus.

"So, the fuss out front was a distraction. Clever. Well, little badgers, do you have anything interesting to say before we start killing each other?"

10. - Top - End - #1180

Brin sneers at the goblin holding the bow and cracks her neck in preparation. A smirk crosses her face as the Duegar begins talking "Why yes, I am afraid your complexion is rather unhealthy. I am worried that you aren't getting enough Vitamen D, I think it is best you get some sunlight oh and you may want to get a little more rest at night, those bloodshot eyes simply look painful! " Brin prepares a set of arrows herself, though three instead of only two.
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #1181

Alistar

Alistar grins, showing a mouth full of very large, sharp teeth. "Not a damn thing." With no further warning, he charges across the room intent on putting his sword into the goblin archer's face.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming that the goblin archer is close enough that Alistar could just stab him OVER the barricade, then Alistar is doing a charge attack. If that's not possible, then Alistar is running over and jumping over the barricade.

Attack (If he can just charge.)
    (1d20+9)[15]
    Damage
    (1d8+5)[13]

Acrobatics (If he has to jump over the barricade to attack. This is a horrible idea. I guess this would count as hopping up, and thus be DC 10? Also not sure if I would be able to attack after this, I guess if I still can just take 2 off the above attack roll.)
    (1d20+1)[19]

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Recognizing the symbol (For a change).

"Don't trust his words, he is of the Asmodeus. A being of lies and deceit. I do not need to see into your heart to know of what evils lies within."

If she is quick enough, Maple will drink a potion of protection from evil she was saving for this fight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Drink potion.
    - Effect: Protection from Evil
    - 10/10 rounds
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

Roqoan laughs. "You oubviously haven't met me yet. My name is Roqoan. I ALWAYS have something interesting to say.
    For instance: did you know that Happs, Kressle and Sneeg have been killed by us? And did you also know that they all thought they could kill us, but ultimatly bit the dust?
    I'm telling you this because one of your goons threw a javelin at me and i'm not in a good mood because of it, so i'm going to like watching this werewolf here rip your throat out.

Oh, and another interesting thing.
    That little protection from good spell you just cast? Not going to work on me. I don't consider myself a good man. I'm a practical man."

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae'l looks amongst the enemies and part of her can't believe the happiness she feels when she sees the metal weapons and armor. Sure they all look quite mean and nasty but it's metal!

Reaching out towards the large Orc she concentrated on his sword, hoping that he would succumb to the spell.

Burning Disarm: Ref DC 15
    if he saves he drops the sword, if not (3d4)[10] fire damage

15. - Top - End - #1185

Lux

Her lips formed into a smrik as she heard Roqoan reveal the spell was meant to be a form of protection .... against good individuals. "Heh, nor am I one." Watching Alistar, she couldn't help but wonder if that was a tad ... hasty. Still, he did seem to have a point. It would be the quickest route and with her having no ranged weaponry ... she wouldn't dare wait for them to come to her. Following behind, she tried to jump over the barricade with Alistar. However, her target isn't the same as his but rather the orc with the two handed sword.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 33/42

No power attack for now so ...

Acrobatics [assuming this is needed, otherwise ignore]: (1d20+7)[15]
    To-hit: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d12+6)[8]

Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

"Tattooed Roquan... You sound like some sort of final boss at the end of one of those little epics..."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1187

Brin only smirks slightly at Maple's comment then goes still, her breath slowing and her vision sharpening. She is using her training and focus to slow down her environment and her heartbeat. She pulls back the first arrow, concentrates on her target and envisions her shot before letting go. Briefly time speeds up before she sends another arrow towards the duegar, her breath exiting with each shot. The last arrow knocked on her bow goes back smoothly in a well practised manner. A brief moment goes by as she looks at her targets face and lets the string go.

Spoiler
    Show
    So using another Ki point (now 4/7) to gain an extra attack and each shot will undergo perfect strike (2/5 remain)... so without further adieu the massive rolls
    AC: 23
    Hp: 28/29
    btw she is LN

Attack 1(1d20+10)[13]
    damage (1d8+2)[7]
    Perfect Strike (1d20+10)[14]

Attack 2(1d20+10)[25]
    damage (1d8+2)[9]
    Perfect Strike (1d20+10)[26]

Attack 3(1d20+10)[22]
    damage (1d8+2)[10]
    Perfect Strike (1d20+10)[26]
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-10-24 at 12:32 AM.
    Blarg...

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

Seeing Alistar start his charge, Roqoan quickly casts a spell to make the big werewolf a giant werewolf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Enlarge person on Alistar, 4 minutes remaining.
    +1 size category
    +2 strength
    -2 dex
    -1 attack rolls and AC

AC 15, HP 15

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Maple draws her pistol as she approaches the Gray-skinned cleric. Once she gets into range, she aims her weapon at the Duergar.

"My last words to you. I am Maple Leafsinger, Mortal Sword of Sarenrae, and by her name. Smite Evil!"

She then fires the first shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Attempt to move within 20ft of the Lieutenant (Moving up 20ft)
    Free Action: Draw Pistol during movement
    Swift Action: Smite Evil on Duergar (0/1)
    Free Action (If not with 20ft of the Duergar by the end of Maple's move): Use 1 Grit for Deadeye (4/5).
    Standard Action: Pistol Attack VS Duergar's Touch AC
    - Attack: (1d20+9)[16] (-2 if past 20ft; in which case Deadeye is in effect)
    - Damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    - Critical Attack (20): (1d20+9)[11] (-2 if past 20ft; in which case Deadeye is in effect)
    - Critical Damage (x4): (3d8+9)[22]

Potion of Protection from Evil
    - 9/10 Rounds.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-10-24 at 05:27 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190

"Not just a lord of treachery, little one..." Vargan begins, but is interrupted by Maple's shot, propelled by the deadeye of a righteous gunslinger! The shot blows right through the barricade, right through his armor, and into his shoulder. He winces.

He winces even more as Brin rains arrows down upon him, forcing him to raise a shield. But even still, and even with all his cover, two shots get through...

Then Alistar and Lux manage to leap the barricades, and land in among the wicked trio! Sword and axe sing out, and both the goblin and the orc are struck! The goblin screams and tumbles to the side, forsaking the cover of the barricades and putting a shot in Alistar as he goes.

ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 7 points of damage, please.

Then Roqoan's spell goes off, and Alistar GROWS to a massive height. The three villains take an instinctive step back, as the barricades are shoved slightly aside to accomodate the now large wolfman.

Fa'el reaches into the well of her Oracular might, and the sword burns in the half-orc's hands! Though his flesh smolders and bubbles, he barely seems to notice as he flies into a massive rage! He roars at, and brings the sword down in a massive and enraged swipe! The sword cleaves through her side, and continues on to bite into Alistar!

LUX
    Spoiler
    Show
    That'll be... Ow. 20 points of damage. Yer not the only one with barbarian levels, though he's not got as many as you...

ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. half-orc does 14 points of damage to you.

Straightening up and taking a step to the side, the duergar shakes his head. "As I was saying... My God is not just the lord of treachery, little one. He is also a KING OF FIRE!!!"

And with that he hurls a fiery ball at Maple, catching her, Fa'el, Brin, and Roqoan in a massive explosion!

MAPLE, FA'EL, BRIN, ROQOAN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right. Welcome to fireball. Reflex save DC 17, please. Fail and take (5d6)[14] points of fire damage. Succeed and take half that, (rounded down.)

ROUND 2

21. - Top - End - #1191

Brin howls as the fire burns her, though she did manage to roll out of the way and avoid most of the damage. With a howl of fury she unleashes another barrage of arrows at the hated priest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Using up my perfect strikes on the first two attacks and another ki point for an extra attack
    Attack 1(1d20+10)[18]
    perfect strike (1d20+10)[24]
    damage (1d8+2)[9]

Attack 2(1d20+10)[11]
    perfect strike (1d20+10)[21]
    damage (1d8+2)[6]

Attack 1(1d20+10)[12]
    damage (1d8+2)[7]

Blarg...

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Roqoan

The fire is a direct hit. Roqoan is barely able to lift his arms and protect face before the fire burns everything around him. He can smell the hair on his arms get scorched away.
    Once the fire is gone he relaxes a bit, although he is barely left standing.
    He quickly grabs a potion from his pack and drinks it.
    "Don't waste time healing me, that's what the potion is for. Just kill those bastards." He says to the others. "And for the love of Abadar: SCATTER!"

He also takes a look at Brin, knowing that she really hates fire. He's a bit concerned about her. If the fire almost knocked him down, how would she feel with her fear of fire?
    "You alright Brin?"

Spoiler
    Show
    drink cure moderate wounds potion and move to the sides.
    Healing for: (2d8)[12] hp.

AC 15, HP 1

Edit: CMW potion gives me 13 hp total.
    Last edited by Steckie; 2012-10-24 at 10:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1193

Lux

For a few seconds, Lux just stared at her opponent, astounded. It was rare to run into anyone whom could hit her back - let alone as hard as he had just done. Letting her own scream out - mixed in agony and anger - her grip tightened upon her greataxe. Raising it high above her head, she brought it down hard, aiming to split the half-orc in two.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 18 (16 due to Rage)
    HP: 13/42

Well .... now seems the best time for this so ... activating my own Rage =P And now -2/+4 from Power Attack

To-hit: (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+11)[15]

Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

24. - Top - End - #1194

Alistar

The arrow that caught Alistar in the chest is hardly anything now. A minor annoyance.

The large chunk of flesh the orc took? Now THAT hurt. He lets out an animal howl as he starts to give himself over to the anger and pain. He surges forward, lashing out at the nearest object of his rage.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 10 (not near enough)

Right, I'm not sure where Alistar is in relation to the enemies. For now, he's just going to go ahead and FULL ROUND attack the closest enemy, whoever that is. If there's no one within range somehow, he'll move to attack them.

Longsword
    (1d20+7)[21]
    Shortsword
    (1d20+6)[24]
    Bite
    (1d20+3)[13]

Longsword Damage
    (2d6+6)[15]
    Shortsword
    (1d8+6)[8]
    Bite
    (1d8+6)[13]

Crits
    Spoiler
    Show

Longsword Confirm
    (1d20+7)[13]
    Shortsword Confirm
    (1d20+6)[16]
    Bite Confirm
    (1d20+3)[13]

Longsword Damage
    (2d6+6)[17]
    Shortsword
    (1d8+6)[8]
    Bite
    (1d8+6)[9]

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Maple

Wiping away the flames as though they were nothing, a glow of positive energy aiding her in this. Loading a bullet into her pistol, she gives the cleric a glance.

"Did you really think your wicked flames would harm one who devotes herself to righteousness? Asmodeus chooses his allies poorly."

Maple has noticed that the flames and attacks against her allies have done considerable damage, though she hopes this battle will end in their favor.

"Don't allow yourselves to fall my friends! This being is nothing!"

Maple then moves to distance herself from her allies in the back and to get closer to the object of her smite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Lay on Hands (3/6)
    - (1d6+1)[5]
    - Mercy: Remove Fatigue
    Standard Action: Reload Pistol
    Move Action: Move 10ft closer to the Duergar (Or as much as is necessary to get into range with the pistol (20ft).
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae'l takes a full hit from the... surprisingly not as devastating fireball. She shook it off as she focused again on the Orc attempting to burn him again.

(same as above, another burning disarm)
    (3d4)[9] fire damage

27. - Top - End - #1197

Maple moves within range of the barricades, and the targets behind it, reloading as she goes.

Alistar RIPS into the half-orc, sending him stumbling back! But he still stands, and his rage keeps him going as he raises the deadly sword once more...

Brin pumps arrows into the duergar, who curses as one gets past his shield. He's starting to look pretty bad...

And with a massive swipe of her axe, Lux decapitates the half-orc! Blood sprays all over her and Alistar, mixing with the mud as the headless body topples to the ground!

The goblin growls, and puts an arrow into Alistar. The other arrow is aimed at Lux and misses, barely.

ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    6 points of damage...

Then, frantically, the goblin drops his bow as Fa'el sets it alight! He howls in anguish, and tries to cover his head to make himself invisible.

Vargan frowns as the half-orc falls. "Time to move to a more defensible position. Sorry Yashi, do your best."

Clasping his holy symbol, he PUSHES a wave of black energy out around him!

ALISTAR, LUX, and MAPLE
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will save DC 16, please. Fail and take (3d6)[15] points of negative energy damage. Succeed and take half.

Then he jogs into the exit, moving by Lux and Alistar as he goes!

LUX AND ALISTAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you are still standing after that last blast, you may take on opportunity attack on the evil dwarf!

28. - Top - End - #1198

Alistar

Spoiler
    Show

Will: (1d20+3)[23]
    Either way, Alistar is in the negatives. This will just determine how far. (Either -3 or -11.

...I'm pretty sure you go into the negatives up to your Con score.

...pretty sure.

Edit: Whew. -3 instead of -11.

Alistar roars in triumph as Lux takes the head off of the injured half-orc. And then a second arrow strikes him in the chest. He turns and prepares to maul the goblin, only to be hit by the wave of dark energy. Alistar's vision fades to black.
    Last edited by Sithis; 2012-10-24 at 11:57 AM.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

29. - Top - End - #1199

Lux

Watching Alistar fall, she ran after the dwarf. "Come back, coward! Let's finish this!" Bringing up her greataxe again, she brought it down hard, hoping to finish this one off as well.

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 18 (16 due to Rage)
    HP: 6/42

To-hit: (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage: (1d12+8)[20]

Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Fae'l rushes to Alistar's large form and lays a hand on him trying to revive the wolfman

Cure light wounds
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+3)[8]