New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Add on to the emotional stuff that he quit drinking a while ago, which is inevitably tough. Add that to his existing mental issues and it doesn't take much to set off a breakdown.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

I hope Jeff gets better: he should stay away from eother drinking or sharp objects. The combinations isn't healthy.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whoa, I knew Jeph had some personal issues but I didn't realize they were this bad. My only wish is for him to find some measure of peace and to get the help he needs.

To those saying that one comment set him off, no that one comment was the last straw on a tower that's been like building for some time. Everyone has their breaking point where they just can't deal. I'm sure he's gotten negative feedback before that, he's probably had worse. It doesn't matter. Add that to the stress of quitting drinking and trying to stop smoking coupled with past emotional issues, it's a recipe for a breakdown.
    Awesome Gunslinger Avatar by Kymme

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..." Barriers to Trans-Dimensional Travel, Rosalind Lutece, 1889

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, no way it was just the one thing, but that was nasty.

I think this is a good time for everyone to remember: people on the internet are real. They are not pixels. They are not white boxes. They are a real person on the other side of that connection, and to make the potential for harm worse, one won't see normal signs of distress when one has gone way the hell too far. If they get upset, or cry or feel awful you can't see it because your just see text.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #545
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Yeah, no way it was just the one thing, but that was nasty.

I think this is a good time for everyone to remember: people on the internet are real. They are not pixels. They are not white boxes. They are a real person on the other side of that connection, and to make the potential for harm worse, one won't see normal signs of distress when one has gone way the hell too far. If they get upset, or cry or feel awful you can't see it because your just see text.
    The G.I.F.T. in action, pretty much.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I don't really go on the site other than to read the web comic, so this was a surprise for me.

I hope he gets better soon and gets some help. I love this comic to death but he can take off all the time he wants.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm just worried that hand-stabbing is becoming contagious in the webcomic community. Who will go next (though I don't think it would matter much for Randall)....

Conspiracy?

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The G.I.F.T. in action, pretty much.
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by sr123 View Post
    I'm just worried that hand-stabbing is becoming contagious in the webcomic community. Who will go next (though I don't think it would matter much for Randall)....

Conspiracy?
    There have been other handstabbers amongst webcomic writers?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    What's that?

The Greater Internet F@#wad Theory.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

10. - Top - End - #550
    Colossus in the Playground

I knew "everything's fine, don't send emails" was bad news!

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    The Greater Internet F@#wad Theory.
    ...Which actually means "people given an anonymous platform to communicate on will tend to act like jerks more often than they would in real life".
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I knew "everything's fine, don't send emails" was bad news!
    Well, "fine" is code for "something is wrong" or "I don't want to talk about it".
    If you are ever talking to a spouse or dating partner, and they say they are fine. Alarms should ring in your head.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yeah, that "comment" was out of nowhere, I get that people have opinions and freedom to express them but accusing someone of being insulting to women (based on questionable logic) is low. I've reread the comic and I don't see it.

I hope Jeph is okay. I only recently got into QC and while the music references go over my head I like the overall comic.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    There have been other handstabbers amongst webcomic writers?
    You're posting on the forum of one.
    (though it was an accident involving broken glass, not a knife)
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Where is the comment anyway?
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

Where I saw it was on his tumblr. I would post a link, but I don't actually remember the url for it.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I think it was a comment about how he was sustaining untenable body image in women or something.

I'll include it in spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show

Congrats on finally have a fat girl in your comic, you depicted her SOOO well! I understand that not ever girl is rail thin like Dora and curvy like Faye so its nice to see a REAL woman like Marigold in your comic. I have to give you props for having the courage to tackle such a sensitive issue too. I mean she did have any rolls, or stretch marks or even a muffin top, and I think that’s great. Ya, put her in a bikini, break down those walls. Your a regular Gobachev my friend. Lets just say keep up the good work, next you can depict the “fatty” Marigold having a “fat issue” and being told its okay to be fat and its whats inside that matters. You can even end it with a butt joke like you always do.

Inconclusion, the above paragraph was sarcastically written. Try not to insult women anymore Jeph, I know its not what you intended but that doesn’t meant its not what you did.
    ~Kearsley

Considering that he's a former alcoholic who is now giving up smoking, he is lacking in means of coping. So...yeah, he kind of went crazy.
    Here it is.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

19. - Top - End - #559

NecromancerGuy

Ah, insane troll logic hate mail.

I don't know if this is the misanthropy talking, but... isn't this pretty standard fare for hate mail from crazy people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, insane troll logic hate mail.

I don't know if this is the misanthropy talking, but... isn't this pretty standard fare for hate mail from crazy people?
    Yeah, upon further consideration I'm beginning to think that the break down had little to do with this specific comment which is illogical but somewhat tame compared to what's...out there.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

I love that MLP and Adventure Time are fan arted.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Am I the only one that never really likes it when Jeph (or other webcomic authors) has guest-comics? If he's on a convention or like now inconvenienced or for whatever reason.
    They're a completely different style, are completely non-canon which is actually a good thing, because they're 90% of the time twist the existing characters so they're not even recognizable anymore.
    Of even worse when they just use CoD as a background, have Faye say one sentence to make it seem like QC and then throw in characters from their own webcomic.

In other words, for me they don't add anything.
    Of course, I know they're supposed to be funny and give us a little bit till regular comic can resume. But most times I don't even find them funny. But sometimes I think it would be best if he'd just doesn't do anything then for that week.

Also since he never removes them from the archive and gives them actual QC episode numbers, whenever I do a reread of the archive I eventually come across a stretch of guest comics, and it's so annoying.

23. - Top - End - #563

NecromancerGuy

Yes, but sometimes it's that or the site going dead for a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

Much better than User Friendly-style reruns.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I prefer the actual stories to guest comics. Some of them are exquisitely done, but they don't mean anything in the greater story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

? If you don't like the guest comics, don't read them. Sure, they are hit and miss but if it's guest comic or no comic I don't see the harm in a guest comic for people who might like it?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

That was... odd.

But I'm really glad the surgery went well.

I wonder if we can make donations to help defray the bills...

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not a fan of guest comics, but I like them for one reason: they introduce me to new artists and their own webcomics.

I did very much like the recent one with Faye babysitting. It would've been rather in-character for her, I think.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ? If you don't like the guest comics, don't read them. Sure, they are hit and miss but if it's guest comic or no comic I don't see the harm in a guest comic for people who might like it?
    I'm not saying they are a bad thing, especially during an extended hiatus. In fact, I am surprised there hasn't been any for Order of the Stick in light of fairly recent events. As others have mentioned, they can be a great way to be exposed to artists you might not otherwise know about. But, especially for an events driven comic like this, it's not the same as the real deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It's not so much the guest comics itself. I get why he uses them when he knows he can't do comics for a while.
    It's more the fact that he leaves them in the Archive, so at some point you suddenly have to flip through 10 pages of nonsense comics when you do a archive reread.
    Yes it sounds trivial but it's not just at one point in the archive, it pops up all the time.

If he'd do it like the Giant, move the guest strips to their own section or so, I think I wouldn't mind it so much.

That said, todays guest-comic is actually funny.