New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    The problem is the reason...
    When Faye punches him he's usually been doing disgusting stuff to her underwear or something, Marygold punched him when he grabbed her boobs etc. He brought those on himself.
    Emily punched him because she thought he looked soft...

It's like when I visit a friend - or rather a new acquaintance from work, and then punch her spouse in the face because "Oh, I he looked tough, I thought he could take it!".
    AntroPCs have been established as having feelings and a personality, so "it was just a robot" really isn't a very good excuse.
    Emotional feeling. I'm still not sure if they actually feel pain from blunt force.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Ok... At first I thought Marten and Emily might be a nice match... That's her name right?

I'm not saying Pintsize doesn't deserved to get punched, he probably had it coming... but really that girl seems more and more insane. Not simply "slightly screwed up in a lovable way" (like Hanners) but fullblown "I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU IF YOU EVER REJECT ME!!!!!!" cuckoo.
    You forget that Hanners used to be much worse.

Emily seems more off in the sense that she doesn't easily see possible consequences of her own actions. That, of course, is also a bad thing in many ways, but not as bad as what you said.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Ok... At first I thought Marten and Emily might be a nice match... That's her name right?

I'm not saying Pintsize doesn't deserved to get punched, he probably had it coming... but really that girl seems more and more insane. Not simply "slightly screwed up in a lovable way" (like Hanners) but fullblown "I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU IF YOU EVER REJECT ME!!!!!!" cuckoo.

And how the hell does a "metal ball head" look soft?
    Emily isn't the women he wants. But she is the woman Marten needs.

4. - Top - End - #784

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Red Flag!

Unwarranted heroic quote of the Dark Knight

10 yard penalty. First down.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Or is Marten the man she needs?

I mean, all things considered, she at least needs someone to make sure she doesn't do anything that could have graver consequences than she thought ahead of.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Or is Marten the man she needs?

I mean, all things considered, she at least needs someone to make sure she doesn't do anything that could have graver consequences than she thought ahead of.
    Oh god, marten has adopted another good looking girl with massive issues he will fix and then never get the chance to date. The sarlaac pit of platonic frustration just got a little deeper.
    Last edited by Traab; 2012-12-13 at 07:49 AM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Oh god, marten has adopted another good looking girl with massive issues he will fix and then never get the chance to date. The sarlaac pit of platonic frustration just got a little deeper.
    Good thing it isn't the other way around, otherwise we wouldn't be reading QC, we'd be reading Ma3.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Good thing it isn't the other way around, otherwise we wouldn't be reading QC, we'd be reading Ma3.
    Wait, this is not the Ma3 thread where crazy stuff happens, a guy meets lots of girls but if he gets to sleep with one he has to suffer terrible consequences?
    (Okay, Gary is off WAY worse than Marten I guess)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #789
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Marten gets lucky without bad consequences sometimes.
    Like Dora.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

10. - Top - End - #790

Come on, let's not be unfair to Jeph. Marten have known very happy moments in his relationships before.

11. - Top - End - #791

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Come on, let's not be unfair to Jeph. Marten have known very happy moments in his relationships before.
    Yep, so far he has slept with TWO girls! Full on sex even! I think thats one better than gary. No wait, he had the girlfriend before the series started, THREE GIRLS!

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #792

Yep, so far he has slept with TWO girls! Full on sex even! I think thats one better than gary. No wait, he had the girlfriend before the series started, THREE GIRLS!
    ... you measure one man's happiness by the NUMBER of girls he slept with...?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Banned

I've heard of weirder concepts. One story that a friend sent me was about a society where your status was tied to the amount of sex you had.

14. - Top - End - #794

NecromancerGuy

His head does look soft, come to think of it.

I wish I could remember enough about art to figure out why.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-12-13 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    His head does look soft, come to think of it.

I wish I could remember enough about art to figure out why.
    Not enough shiny spots.

16. - Top - End - #796

Well considering the environment they are both in. Surrounded by attractive women they cant have sex with, yeah. Gary is about to explode from how often he has come close to sex but been denied last second, at least marten HAS gotten lucky. So he doesnt look like he is smuggling smurfs in his underwear.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Marten also has actual friends.

18. - Top - End - #798

RogueGuy

...yeah, we've never really had anything like the lakeside party with the m3 crowd, have we? Maybe that's just what the cast really need more than anything else.

Mind you, anyone else terrified of what would happen if Pintsize got his hands on the Swirly-Whirly?

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somebloke View Post
    ...yeah, we've never really had anything like the lakeside party with the m3 crowd, have we? Maybe that's just what the cast really need more than anything else.

Mind you, anyone else terrified of what would happen if Pintsize got his hands on the Swirly-Whirly?
    Lakeside party in Ma3? Ye olde Romans called that "orgy" I think...
    But yeah, I never really thought about it but Ma3 is much, much more about sexual relationships and less about firendships. Back before the sexual tension among the roommates was stronger at least they were more of a friend-esque group but everyone else... sex, sex, sex, sex, sex.

Pintsize can't do anything with the swirly... I hope.

And if I was Marten I'd just remove all of Pintsize appendages over night to make sure he is unable to remove around. Seems sufficiently safe.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

Well considering the environment they are both in. Surrounded by attractive women they cant have sex with, yeah. Gary is about to explode from how often he has come close to sex but been denied last second, at least marten HAS gotten lucky. So he doesnt look like he is smuggling smurfs in his underwear.
    Because clearly the only thing a woman is good for is having sex, right? It's not like Marten likes them as friends or anything. >.>
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Because clearly the only thing a woman is good for is having sex, right? It's not like Marten likes them as friends or anything. >.>
    Here's how it was once explained to me.

"Besides sex and eye candy, name me one thing I can do with a female friend I can't do with a male friend."

I couldn't think of an answer.

22. - Top - End - #802

Zombie

Shopping

but what can you do with a male friend that you can't do with a female besides pissing contests?

Sorry everyone

23. - Top - End - #803
    Banned

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-12-20 at 04:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

You could you know, see people as people rather than just reducing people to their genders.

Oh, and people not wanting to deal with the same inequality as in real life in their games, ain't that weird? And excusing it as "it's just a fictional setting" ignores the fact that those tend to be really one-sided in that regard. >.>

Also way to go assume there that all men are okay with that. >.>
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-12-14 at 04:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Banned

{scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-12-20 at 04:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

One counter example while the majority of fantasy cultures out there are misogynistic.

And haha, 'feminazis', 'power grab', that's clearly what equal treatment is about. *roll eyes*
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807

Zombie

I can think of 1 race/setting/whatever that is matriachal. Every other is male-dominated.

And that race is the Drow... Not exactly a good step forward

Sorry everyone

28. - Top - End - #808
    Banned

One counter example while the majority of fantasy cultures out there are misogynistic.

And haha, 'feminazis', 'power grab', that's clearly what equal treatment is about. *roll eyes*
    "Equal" treatment. Okay then.

Why are men seen as the expendable gender when there are more females and therefore they are more expendable?

Why is it in some states if a man calls the police cause his wife is beating him, HE gets arrested?

Why is it it's okay for endless woman to objectify men in movies like magic mike and twilight, but it's not okay for men to do the same?

Why is it all the complaints about "equal" pay and stuff falls apart the instant you know something about economics beyond high-school level?

I've analysed the whole thing over and over, and that's the conclusion I've come to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    I can think of 1 race/setting/whatever that is matriachal. Every other is male-dominated.

And that race is the Drow... Not exactly a good step forward
    The Hathrans, The Amazons, the Cult of Grazz't, the Swanmay, the thralls of malachant, there's another class in the BOED family I forget, and another one in faiths and pantheons.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-14 at 04:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Striving for gender equality isn't a zero-sum game, less discrimination / prejudice and all that for one gender doesn't come at the expense of other genders. Everybody suffers at the hand of the kyriarchy.

Also I'd like to think that no-one is expendable. It's pretty messed up to go say that one group is more expendable than the other because there's more of them. >.>

But yes, that whole thing stems from the same gender roles feminism aims to get rid of. The whole idea that women have to be protected and aren't capable of standing up for themselves.

Also I'm a bit unclear as to why you're bringing up these examples of men suffering under gender assumptions / roles. That is a thing. I'm not sure how that says anything about feminism though since feminism seeks to abolish that sort of gender boxes. Women on men violence being brushed aside is a consequence of society seeing women as incapable of inflicting harm. (And there's of course the toxic attitude that men who seek help are weak and 'unmanly'.)

Uh, I'm not sure where you get the idea from that objectifying women isn't something that's condoned by society.

About equal pay; it goes far beyond just comparing pay within the same sector. There's a huge amount of social pressures and discrimination that ensures that not everyone gets the same opportunities. Social coercion is an incredibly important factor in the way society works.

-----

So you have like what, 8 examples now? Last time I checked the entirety of DnD had way more than 16 cultures / races.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-12-14 at 05:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #810
    Banned

So you have like what, 8 examples now? Last time I checked the entirety of DnD had way more than 16 cultures / races.
    I can think of two cultures that are male dominated. The Thralls of Kostchtchie, demon prince of giants, and the euditch warlocks.

So I'm still 6 up on you.