New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [PF]Granting Darkvision to party members?

I was playing with the idea of making a Cleric that has the ability to Darken an area to inhibit enemy tactics. This carries the significant downside of also inhibiting party members who don't happen to be playing Dwarves or Half-Orcs. I'm willing to accept the tactic being situational, but I don't want to get in the way of my party - so I'm looking for ways to allow my party to fight normally.

The only way I've found is Variant Channeling(Darkness), which at level 5, allows me to grant Darkvision 30ft. to all allies within 30 feet. Decent, except it only lasts for 1 round... not ideal.

Are there any other ways to give Darkvision, or should I give up on this concept?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: [PF]Granting Darkvision to party members?

Have an ally cast Communal Darkvision or darkvision or talk the DM into putting it on your list. Its insane that its not on it already imo...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Cave Domain (typically Druid only, ask your DM) lets you grant Darkvision for 1min. Useable 3+Wis/day.

And, as has been mentioned, the Darkvision spell. I don't think there's an easy way to get it on your list (no Domain or anything), so you'd be stuck with buying a Wand or something.
    The duration is quite nice though.
    [retired]

Horribly out of date guide goes here:
    Oradin Guide

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

You could take CWI+spellcraft (which is generally not a bad idea if you can spare the feat/skill) and make the party member some Goggles of Night (6000, goggles slot) Ebon Wayfinder (9000, slotless and darkness 1/day) at cost.

I wouldn't advise really focusing on that tactic that much unless you know the campaign will be exclusively against Humans and Elfs. While some PCs may lack Dark Vision, the majority of higher level monsters rarely won't have it or an ability that can sub for it (blindsense).
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-05-13 at 06:47 PM.