New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

The Labyrinth

"Child, I am dead. I could no more leave this realm than your friend Tara."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-06-23 at 01:12 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    The Lanyrinth

"Child, I am dead. I could no more leave this realm than your friend Tara."
    "Dead?! But you and Tara- I" She shook her head regaining some semblance of composure, more pieces of her face fell, "I don't understand."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Troll in the Playground

"I know longer have all of the details as to why, what you see before you is the fragment that is the labyrinth. My power has been split and broken." The butterflies seemed to frown "Suffice to say I am trapped here with the remnants of the other dead gods until such time as my agency returns."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-06-23 at 01:16 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Veran, Capitol of The Virus

Alyveran walked triumphantly among his people, as they cheered him on for granting this great power upon them. "Hmm, I could get used to this praise.." thought Alyveran smugly. He walked through the streets of Veran until he once again reached the Citadel, where the fortress had already been improved upon. Workers scuttled around, making improvements here and there, strengthening this support, adding that security and whatnot.

He entered the Citadel, reaching Alyverai's reception, complete with Sharon, who now looked like she was using her new powers to give herself a manicure and a facelift. Once she saw Alyveran there waiting for her, she got up from her chair in an instant, giving him a look of reverence. "Thank you Master for this wonderful power!" she whispered in awe.
    "Well I had to do something to allow my people to conquer the world, didn't I?" chuckled Alyveran. "Just remember not to use it all on just your body, okay Sharon?" she nodded and blushed at this. He then walked straight to the doors of the Presidential Chambers, thrusting them open as he passed through the entryway.

Alyverai was standing at the window, watching as his Empire was gloriously transformed into a techmaturgical masterpiece, using his powers to watch where his eye could not see. Alyveran tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention, which caused Alyverai to jump in fright. "Oh I'm sorry my humble servant, I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to see how you and your people were enjoying your newly found powers" said Alyveran with a smile.
    "We are quite thankful of you, Master, for bestowing us with this wonderful gift" Alyverai said in his new deeper voice with a bow.
    "No need to thank me Alyverai, The Virus deserve something to make them stronger!" said Alyveran.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post

"Merolle has found a cure for the disease that infects us. If you are able, return to the first ring of Geasa for treatment. If you are not able to travel on your own, I am prepared to provide whatever assistance I can."
    "Now I need you to keep your people together, you hear me? Nothing must stop your progress into a glorious technological revolution! Nothing! He shouted.
    "Of course Master. I live but to serve you, and so do the rest of my people" said Alyverai with a look of fright on his face.
    "And so you shall do forever!" yelled Alyveran. He started weaving his hands to bless his loyal servant. As he released the magic, it flung itself at Alyverai, and he was flung into the wall behind him. As he fell, he instantly got up.
    "Why thank you my lord. I shall enjoy this.." said Alyverai with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 5+2

Create Hero AP4: Alyverai is granted immortality. He is also granted new strength and vigor, and will keep this forever. As a negative effect, he is bound to Alyveran forever, and if he tries to disobey him he will experience agonising pain until he does his master's bidding. He is granted the power to become a Devil at will, but it taxes his strength.

End AP: 3

As this happened, Alyveran had a slight thought about the rest of The Virus. 'Hmm, I think this will also help them..' he thought as he wove blessing and flung it out towards The Virus, every single one of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 3

Bless AP1: The Virus have been blessed with new intelligence, reasoning and fertility to better the cause of their people. Their IQ's are all raised significantly and the same will happen with generations to come.

End AP: 2.

He then bade Alyverai good bye, and jumped out of the window, swirling into a pit of darkness and fire, disappearing as he went.

Geasa

He appeared in a portal of swirling darkness and flame, stepping out of it into the presence of the other gods. "Greetings everyone. I hear that a treatment has been found for this disease we seem to be afflicted by?" said Alyveran with a snide grin on his face.

As an afterthought, Alyveran sent a thought to Teveil 'Teveil, I ask of you to watch over The Virus while I'm gone. Take half of the Army and make sure they live through my absence, will you?' and a thought to Gairon 'Gairon, can you watch over Hell for me? Take half of the Army, and make sure everything is kept in order'.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-06-23 at 01:48 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Hazael worked hard to cure Ilarfia's illness, and at long last, her insanity was cured. Despite having reservations that the people would hate her for her past actions, Ilarfia returned to the Capital where she was welcomed back with open arms.
    Being one of the only people trained in the law remaining, she was appointed Head Judge and granted a seat on the Council, bringing the total number up to seventeen. She worked tirelessly to codify the law and straighten out the mess left behind by the Democracy and the Lich Lords.
    Her work gained her immortality of a sort as what came to be called the "Ilarfian Code" formed the basis of Calasanctium Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Geasa

He appeared in a portal of swirling darkness and flame, stepping out of it into the presence of the other gods. "Greetings everyone. I hear that a treatment has been found for this disease we seem to be afflicted by?" said Alyveran with a snide grin on his face.
    Yes my Son. Merolle has found a cure. But it will require us to sleep for three millennia.
    Belsheroth spun a fleece blanket out of the air. And then got into one of the offered beds.
    Brother? Could you keep the lights dim while we sleep?
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-06-23 at 02:04 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #1206

Razorpine Forest
    Akir and Floewyr lived and died happily, dying of happy old age among their many children. They were beloved by all.

Coralia
    The Highpriest died of old age soon after, and his title was passed peacefully down through the ages. The half-Woden children of Akir and Floewyr were the most often chosen, as they had the blood of heroes in them.

Geasa
    Aquaeris sighed, and fell asleep.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa

Belsheroth didn't even wait for Merolle to respond. He was much too tired. Instead, he just put a blindfold on and fell asleep.
    Thank you Brother, for everything.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

8. - Top - End - #1208

The Labryinth

"... Is there anything I can do?"

She waited for her uncle to respond and departed.

After her other shard delivered her message to Carcino she gathered all her shards together and left for Geasea.

Spoiler
    Show
    @AgentIndy sorry I didn't wait, I just wanted to make sure she was tucked in before the rollover.

Geasea

"I've delivered the message uncle." She stumbled, not a moment too soon. "Uncle Reisen may need your assistance in the Labryinth, he claims to be dead, but he is different from the others. And I-" She lay down and conciousness left her immediately, before the treatment even started. The adventures with Ombra and Tara had taken their toll in her weakened state.

She dreamed of many things while the millenia past her by, her knights fighting the Ice-kin and werewolves, justice reigning over a kingdom she had wrought a rod for, but a tavern in the middle of nowhere kept coming up.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #1209

Geasa

Lilli seems a bit... subdued by the prospect of sleeping for a few thousand years, and stumbles a bit. As suddenly as the other gods appeared, she carefully watched them, while carefully crafting a message to send to her followers.

The Mortal Plane

Select members of the Fell Knives received an command that night, a divine missive from the Lady. Lilli's Scholars kept the news a secret from all but the most important taskmasters, moving their pawns to ensure this command was completed to their mistress' satisfaction.

Followers, I will be gone for some time. A great deal of time, and so may others. In this time I want you to complete three objectives to ensure that our order will be perfect.
    The first, spread. Ensure your presence can be felt in the corners of the world. The second, gather. I want to know what happens after we're gone, so record. Finally I want you to prepare for my return.

With that simple message, the presence of Lilli dissipated from their minds, leaving the Fell Knives to perform their jobs.

Geasa

With her affairs on the mortal plane mostly complete, the goddess sat on a bed and looked at the other deities, before laying and watching.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:10
    -1 Blessing: The people are going with her blessing, to ensure counterproductive deeds are subdued, but only to complete these tasks.
    AP: 9

OC: This is the first time Lilli's seeing the other gods, so she's trying to memorise who they are, and make sure she doesn't miss any out. She'll fall asleep if I'm not about when the timeskip occurs.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Vargull, Geasa

Vargull came with Kiloasa and the others when Belsheroth called to the Mistlands, Vargull had largely been ignored after giving his piece of knowledge, but he hadn't minded, he had been preoccupied. As it was, he went with the rest to the realm of Geasa for Merolle's cure.

Vargulfi

The Vargulfi had 'retreated' with the rest of the Ice-kin. During the war, their numbers had swelled as they had inducted newly sired Werewolves into their ranks, and the Wargs had flourished as they spread and conquered, the Vargulfi had quickly risen to become something of their own force, their own agency within the Ice-kin, not truly part of the Clan their Tribe had once belonged to. Although they had inducted most of the Werewolves sired into their ranks, many had been left behind, fled, or hidden in the South-Lands, and so the Lycanthropes had spread beyond the Vargulfi ranks, as had the Wargs, with many Warg packs settling in the forests of what had been Calsanctium, and throughout the lands conquered and fought over by the Ice-Kin and the Calsanctium.

The Vargulfi, for their part, did not care what Ulstwyn had promised to the Death God, they had been blessed by Vargull, the God of War, and their blood ached for battle. They had made oaths to Ulstwyn and to Vargull, but ultimately their oaths to their god and the burning fire of War in their souls would prove the better. Though peace officially reigned, peace was something the Vargulfi would never settle for.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Geasa, Kiloasa's Awakening

The God of the forests awoke from sleep and pushed the glass covering off of his container. He stepped lightly onto the metal ground and stretched his arms. The illness was gone. He turned to one of Merolle's nearby faceplates and bowed.

Many thanks Merolle for seeing to it that we are cured. I would stay longer but I must attend to matters on the mortal plane once more. The Arch-Druid vanished and reappeared in the Mistlands, where through a portal he spied the history of what had occured during his absence.

Lokab Empire

The Lokab Empire had changed greatly during the time of the god's sleep. Its cities were crowded with the dead, Archliches had sealed the Empire, preventing these dead souls their eternal reward. Archlich High Inquisitor Grebolt was now the leader of the entire Empire, which was known as little more than a land of the dead.

The capitol was the worst hit. There were more dead than living there. The populace lived in terror of the Cabal of Archliches that ruled over them. But they never wanted for food, there was no crime, and the population was never beyond control.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Mynxae and Elemental: You guys might want to notice that there are barely any goblin souls in your respective homelands. Just a thought.

Wildling Lands

In the time that Kiloasa had been gone, the Wildlings had swelled in size and influence. His arrival was known to all of them, and they celebrated the fated return of their Deity. Their ranks included Woden, Ice-Kin, Kalpan, Elthiens, Ravenkin and even the rare Goblin. Through the tales they told, Kiloasa learned of the Ages of Ice and Adamantine. He learned of their service to the rest of the mortal world, preserving life in the bleak cold and dark tyranny of the Vinterike. He learned of their guerilla war against the arrival of the Brass Gnomes, who so greatly disrespected the wild places that they sought to pollute and destroy them. Now they sought to claim lands of their own, and were engaged in border skirmishes with the Lands of Beauty

The Wildlings had made him proud.

Razorpine Forest

Through a portal, Kiloasa spied the carvings on the Stone of Kiloasa. The history of the world since his departure was written on it, in as much detail as the Woden could manage. For their own part, the forests hadn't changed much and their population remaind steady. It wasn't badly damaged by the Ice Age, and no matter how much the Brass Gnomes tried to harvest the mighty trees that made up the forest, the Woden had held them at bay.

The Mistlands

The Arch-Druid stood, invisible, in the Mistlands. Various healers, priests and Wildlings would walk through the portals and into the Mistlands to find the healing plants and herbs that Kiloasa had made. He knew that it would not be enough though. He needed more power, to be able to ensure the continuation of the natural world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 0+5 (Rollover) PAP: 0
    Gain Domain: 3AP Nature(Land)
    Weave Plane- 4AP
    Create Land- Razorpine Forest 2AP
    Alter Land- Mistland Portals 1AP
    Final AP: 2 PAP: 0
    Kiloasa is now an Intermediate Deity

12. - Top - End - #1212

Geasa

Gwyn awoke in a haze, she felt her face and was only a little suprised to find all the pieces were back in the proper places with only a few grooves cut where the pieces had fallen. She smiled, bowing to her uncle, "Thank you Uncle Merolle, please let me know if you need anything. For now... perhaps I will see what the Orders have done with themselves."

With that, unless Merolle seeks to speak with her, she departs Geasea.

Free Port

"Hurry up!" Captain Jones hissed, his men loading the illicit cargo on the ship. He looked up and saw the Warp Moon the reason he was terrified she came out on nights like this, "We don't have much time before-" "Before Big Momma find you childe?"

The Captain turned white and turned slowly and saw a curtained paloquin carried by two dead-eyed soldiers and a single warrior bearing a greatsword.

"Now Jonesie, why would you go and try to run from Big Momma? It not like you doing anythang wrong... are you?" The warrior with the Great Sword smirked, "Looks to me like he's trying to skip out on payment." "Skip out on payment?! Nah not Jonesie! He too smart for tha. Ain't yah childe?"

Captain Jones's ears hurt from that mock motherly voice. She always did this, extorting money from whoever docked in Free Port, she was a tyrant in all but name.

"I- I don't have the money to pay now, but if you wait til I sell this cargo I cand pay you double!" "Tsk, Tsk, Jonsie, Jonsie, Jonsie, why you go and try to cheat Big Momma?" "I'm not-" "Shut It!"

His mouth shut and for all the strength in him he couldn't open it. He had only heard of this, Big Momma's magic.

"Now why don't chu go for a swim.

Like a man possessed he walked to the edge of the dock and plunged into the cold water. He did not surface.

"Now why don't y'all handsome boys unload that there cargo and wait for mah boys to take it off your hands."

The sailors formerly under Captain Jones began to unload the cargo as Big Momma's paloquin moved on. They had a long night ahead of them, she had to let everyone know that the one rule of Free Port was still enforced. You don't mess with Big Momma.

The Hidden Isle

Charles VI the current Scepter twirled the item of power in his hands. He never did understand why it had chosen him, he doubted Charles I did either. "Sir?" The Ravenkin snapped out of his revelry to regard the current Captain of the Order an old man named Jericho.

"I'm sorry I drifted off for a moment, what did you say?" Jericho sighed, "Just letting you know the building of the fleet continues on the schedule. I still think this is a bad idea." "Duly noted captain."

Charles turned his chair to look out the window, the first Ship of the Line Tristen's Reckoning guarded the port to the Capital, the city of three trials.

"But we can't be a part of the world if we can't see it." "None of your predecessors objected to Isolation." "My predecessors weren't responsibly for 100,000 people. This island can't support us forever."

Jericho looked like he was about to choke, "Are you talking about Expansion?" "In the long term my friend and only if absolutely necessary. I'd much rather colonize than conquer." Jericho was silent for a moment then shrugged, "I'd get Kuruk to sell it." Charles laughed, "He does have a way of selling bad ideas."

The Calasanctium Kingdom

"And the war with the Free Kingdoms has stalled."

Captain Eric a human of middling age and inductee of the Nameless Knight rolled his eyes,

"I don't care about some damn political war, what is happening with the Vargulfi?"

Lieutenant Taylor a human with some Ravenkin in his blood and current wielder of the Drownsword sighed, "We think we've excised most of the Lycans in the country, but they haven't found the big one yet."

"I am getting tired of hearing the sob stories that come out of this lieutenant." "Yes sir," "I want you to oversee this personally. We can't afford to lose anymore-"

He rounded a corner and collided with a young woman carrying a stack of scrolls. Scrolls spilled everywhere and a petite young woman with blondish hair and brown eyes. Eric snarled, "Dammit Sophie watch where you're going!"

"Well I can't, really, not without dropping the scrolls and I was returning them to the library when I heard final call for training drills and I-" "Sophie! Calm down,"

Taylor laughed, the young woman never did have her head on straight. The Captain sighed, he didn't have time to deal with her right now, "Taylor you handle this, I need to meet with the council over this wolf."

"Yes sir." "Thank you sir sorry sir." The Captain rolled his eyes and walked around them. The Lieutenant bent down to help her.

She sighed, "don't think the captain likes me." "No, he likes you fine, he's just got a lot on his mind right now." "Oh yes, the Lycan! I was supposed to tell the Captain that I found a pattern in the large one's attacks, it seems he waits for the full moon, perhaps he has more power, but beyond that the locations-" "Aren't you supposed to be getting to training?"

Sophia darted out of the hall before Taylor even had time to register that she had left. The Lieutenant shook his head, it was too bad she had no talent for magic, she would've made a great Aimancer. Then he saw it, a scroll entitled the Powers of the Drownsword As recounted by Edgard First Lieutenant of the Order. Without thinking Taylor pulled the scroll into his robe and gathered the others into his arms. He reasoned it was his responsibility as lieutenant to know just what the Drownsword was capable of. The road to Hell and all that.

The Training Yard

"Hey Jen," Sophia whispered breathlessly as she fell in line beside her best friend a Ravenkin named Jennifer.

"You're late," "Always, what're we doing today?" "Sparring, just hope Elain didn't-" "Sophia you're late!" "-see you."

A heavily scarred woman finished inspecting the line and stalked towards Sophia. "Sorry ma'am I was with master chronicler Alexandrer an-"

"Get in the ring!" Sophia stepped forward before her brain had even registered what was being asked of her. She grimaced as Mistress Elain stepped across from her and tossed her a heavy wooden sword. Sophia only barely caught it, well this is gonna hurt.

And hurt it did, for five three minute rounds Mistress Elain beat the living daylights out of her.

"Give up." Jennifer whispered as she dragged Sophia out of the ring, "Isht thas vash you ssshoulld beh saying?" "I don't even know what you just said, we need to get you to the clerics." "I'ma fone" "By Gwyn you keep proving my point." "Thougsht yous didnsht believesh ins godsh." "I still can't understand you." "Get back in the ring!" Jennifer stood, "Ma'am she needs a priest!" "I didn't ask for sass, Sophia in the ring!"

Sophia stumbled forward barely able to hold up her sword. She felt hot pain smash across her face. She forced one eye open, unable to form coherent thought she saw Elain smash the pommel against her stomach. Sophia coughed, "Get Up!" "Ma'am, this is insane!" "For the last time Jennifer. Shut. Your. Mouth."

As Elain spoke, Sophia saw an opening and swung her sword straight into Elain's jaw. She stumbled back stunned, then smiled, "That is what I like to see knight!" "Ma'am!" "O quit yer belly aching, you can take her to the priests."

As Jennifer picked her up she whispered, "You're an idiot, you know that?" "Nosh, I jus' life." She fell unconcious and Jennifer nearly bowled over trying to hold her up. "You. Suck."

In the Void

The world was rotting. The goblins in the South needed to be stopped and she only saw hatred for the weak and the innocent. But she couldn't do it herself, she needed to find out who had started the illness, she needed to know why her brothers died. But most of all, the people needed a protector.

The Lokab Empire

An old crone walked the streets of the Capital, asking about a very peculiar item an emerald that could tell the future.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: +5
    Gain Domain Protection (Chivalry)-3
    Orders Scepter & Spear (Infusion) 6AP
    Establish Kingdom of the Hidden Isle 2AP
    Ending AP: 2
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-06-23 at 08:38 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lokab Empire

"It's late for you to be out, crone." A city guard walked up behind the strange old woman. His forehead bore the mark of a geas, he was one of the Arch-Liches' servants. "It's almost curfew. I should escort you back to your home, for your own safety." Despite the guard's words, his spear was levelled and his tone was threatening.

Hidden Isle

Kuruk was filling out paperwork. The Goblin Master Merchant was always filling out paperwork. But this time, it was important. He had to prepare a speech before the merchant's guild. He needed to convince them that there was a world beyond the island, and more importantly, one that was worth looking for. It was a personal favor for Charles VI, his family and Charles's had strong ties throughout history. He was just putting the final touches on the speech, when there was a knock at the door.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Lokab Empire

"It's late for you to be out, crone." A city guard walked up behind the strange old woman. His forehead bore the mark of a geas, he was one of the Arch-Liches' servants. "It's almost curfew. I should escort you back to your home, for your own safety." Despite the guard's words, his spear was levelled and his tone was threatening.
    "Escort me? Why it's such a lovely night after all."

Hidden Isle

Kuruk was filling out paperwork. The Goblin Master Merchant was always filling out paperwork. But this time, it was important. He had to prepare a speech before the merchant's guild. He needed to convince them that there was a world beyond the island, and more importantly, one that was worth looking for. It was a personal favor for Charles VI, his family and Charles's had strong ties throughout history. He was just putting the final touches on the speech, when there was a knock at the door.
    King Charles VI opened the door, "Kuruk, are you busy?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Escort me? Why it's such a lovely night after all."
    "It's after curfew, ma'am. You need to return to your home or I will have to arrest you." The Guard said. More guards appeared around various corners, almost as if they were coordinated. "It's dangerous to be out after dark, and we wouldn't want anything... bad to happen to you.

King Charles VI opened the door, "Kuruk, are you busy?"
    "Always." The goblin replied. "But I have a little time for old friends." he set his quill back in its inkwell and clasped his hands in front of him. "So tell me, what can I do for you, your majesty?"

16. - Top - End - #1216

"It's after curfew, ma'am. You need to return to your home or I will have to arrest you." The Guard said. More guards appeared around various corners, almost as if they were coordinated. "It's dangerous to be out after dark, and we wouldn't want anything... bad to happen to you.
    "Well, this is a fine hello to a stranger in your lands. What's so dangerous about the night anyway?"

She seems unperturbed.

"Always." The goblin replied. "But I have a little time for old friends." he set his quill back in its inkwell and clasped his hands in front of him. "So tell me, what can I do for you, your majesty?"
    Charles walked into the room and took a seat across from Kuruk, "Don't call me your majesty for one, heard enough of that from the mewling Aristocrats. Can you believe they still want to put blinders on our heads and pretend no one else exists?"

He leaned forward, "But to business how's the speech going?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Geasa As in geas, with an A afterwards.

Merolle stretches his attention between his awakening siblings, speaking nothing. It has been a long three milleniums, but they were quite interesting.

In this while, he took on patronage of civilizations.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP + 5 AP + 2 PAP.

1 AP + 2 PAP: Gain Domain: City (Civilization
    Vaguely related actions:
    4- Create Artifact: The eye
    2- Infuse artifact: The arsenal
    1- infuse race: the inevitables

5 AP left.

------

Geasa - The Guild

Three thousand years did the Guild stand, unflinching, always growing. At one time, long ago, the directorate made a contract with the Calasancti and the Emirates, arbitrated by the Iron Lich, Amathol, who took his time since his conversion into an eternal construct to truly become a priest of his lord Merolle, The Verdigris Legion, and bring His magnanimous power to the service of those humans and ravenkin who followed the directors.

That contract began the Age of Adamantine, and the geasan forces marched boldly into the world, settling their wonders over the corners of the world in the service of their contractors, bringing their tireless legions and celestial arsenal to bear against the wretched, godless goblins and vicious northerners with their murderous man-beasts. These contracts still stand, but the Adamantine Age ended when nearly all other nations converged to drive the brass gnomes back to their abodes in the sky, led by Woden wielding magics that broke down the metal machines that formed most of the infrastructure in the world. The gnomes retreated, leaving ruined cities behind, their wonder and riches matched only by their danger, of damaged machines and terrible guardians of gnomish secrets.

But Merolle's attention turns away from his awakening siblings, and the gears of invention turn once more in Geasa, shearing the rust off of the engine of history! Soon enough, the storm will fall upon the world, of brass and vitriol, and these ancient contracts will be fulfilled. Already is the Geasan war machine heating, its forges churning out soldiers and monsters never seen before.

Spoiler
    Show
    Those 5 AP up there?

1 AP: Create life: Forged. Metal men with bodies adaptable for many functions, but minds much simpler than those of a brass gnome. One of their many subgroups is the Warforged, relentless and cunning soldiers that represent an upgrade over older Effigy armies.

4 AP: Create Fabled Life: Geasan Hydra: The Geasan Hydra is a dragon cast in one of Merolle's glorious images, built over the basic template of a Steel Predator, the hydras are larger, stronger, smarter, bearing a veritable forest of vicious heads. They are slower, sure, but nothing is perfect.

------

The Inevitable Host

Merolle did not have to focus 100% on his siblings, the time he had free, he used to optimize the functionality of Karma, improve its effects, by all but scrapping Isanloff's initial design.

Three thousand years is plenty of time to come to understand mortalkind. Pleeenty of time. Had any other deity done so, they would certainly find it in their hearts to know disgust that Merolle simply cannot let himself feel. Tiny, mediocre creatures with medriocre goals and mediocre morals, the lot of them, steaming, hopeless piles of the same refuse they must daily excrete. Without order, they fall only to a sapient viciousness that is only as immoral as it is pathetic, Karma was bound to fracass, just like Ombra's dream of a perfect and lawless world of good and peace is an utopia for children's tales and nothing more. Mortals need to be reigned in with the heavy fist of law, lest they abuse one another to extinction.

But Merolle is magnanimous, and while he cannot vanquish the mistakes of his kin, for he agreed not to, there are other solutions, karma can be repurposed, redefined. It can be made into a set of laws providing universal rights and duties to be followed by those who chose to be under it, as Kiloasa determined so long ago. But it affords protection, it delineates crime and defines punishment, and forgoes entirely old notions of good and bad karma. A broken law is broken and punishment must be dealt, and reparations be done to the victim. Be the transgressor and victim within or without karma, as long as the other is.

The inevitable host, tasked with upholding this altered system, is busier than ever. Of them do tales of mighty heroism and cataclysms against the foulest of men speak, the shining knights that come from nowhere and depart just as swiftly once their task is done.

Spoiler
    Show
    Merolle has changed Karma into a system of Civil Law, an extremely extensive system of civil law at that. He is fully aware that Isanloff will probably not like that his original intent was all but punched in the nuts and left to rot in a ditch, Kiloasa might also not like that Merolle made it so that being outside it doesn't really guarantee that Inevitables won't punch you in the face (but you have to do break the rights of those within the system, of course).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Well, this is a fine hello to a stranger in your lands. What's so dangerous about the night anyway?"

She seems unperturbed.
    "That isn't important. A stranger in our lands is not an excuse for ignoring the law, ma'am. Either return to your home or we will be forced to take you into custody and from there to the Tower of the Inquisition." The sun finally set in the City and then everything changed.

At first it was subtle, a few hazy blue lights appeared around the city. Then more and more began to arrive, accompanied by a dark mist. Then the wailing began. The noise of a thousand thousand voices moaning in agony. The souls of the dead clamored for attention.

"We must get to safety! Come with us or we will take you by force!" The guard said once more. The geas mark on his forehead glowed fiercely in the night.

Charles walked into the room and took a seat across from Kuruk, "Don't call me your majesty for one, heard enough of that from the mewling Aristocrats. Can you believe they still want to put blinders on our heads and pretend no one else exists?"

He leaned forward, "But to business how's the speech going?"
    "...And so it must be done. Our place is not to hide on this island but to seek the world. To learn and to grow. We must become as we were destined to be, servants of Lady Gwyn and the Sylvan Shadow, spreading the truth to the world and the goods that they have provided us." The goblin paused for a bit. "That last bit is just in there for the religious leaders. They're the ones you really have to worry about. Kiloasa's priests aren't known for being courageous, and the legends about Lady Gwyn suggest that we needed to be kept separate from the world because of the corruption and danger that the wider world poses."

There was another long pause before Kuruk spoke again. "I don't envy you old friend."

19. - Top - End - #1219

The Empire

The Crone looked behind her as the mist gathered, it was disturbing how many the Archliches were willing to torture for stability. She turned back to the goblin and smiled as if completely oblivious,

"Very well I'll come with you, don't know what you're so worried about though."

The Hidden Isle

Charles nodded, "Well spoken, do you have anything in there about liberating the innocent from tyranny? Ought to sell the knights on the idea."

He sighed, "I don't envy myself. I just got out of a meeting with Jericho and he nearly choked when I mentioned the isle wouldn't support us for forever. Thought I was preaching Expansionism and that's one thing I cannot afford to be associated with. Especially not now."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Empire

The Crone looked behind her as the mist gathered, it was disturbing how many the Archliches were willing to torture for stability. She turned back to the goblin and smiled as if completely oblivious,

"Very well I'll come with you, don't know what you're so worried about though."
    "This way, ma'am." The guards formed up around the old lady, their geas marks glowing harshly in the dark. Sometimes a ghost would approach them, but the marks would flare up and send the ghost screaming off into the night. After about ten minutes of marching, they came upon a great iron tower. "I'm sorry about this ma'am, but as a new arrival in our city you must submit to the inquisitors for questioning." The doors to the Inquisitor's tower opened silently, it was pitch black inside.

The Hidden Isle

Charles nodded, "Well spoken, do you have anything in there about liberating the innocent from tyranny? Ought to sell the knights on the idea."

He sighed, "I don't envy myself. I just got out of a meeting with Jericho and he nearly choked when I mentioned the isle wouldn't support us for forever. Thought I was preaching Expansionism and that's one thing I cannot afford to be associated with. Especially not now."
    "Expansionism? Heavens no! Jericho never was much for thinking ahead though, he's always been more comfortable with his training and drills. I'm worried what might happen if the rest of the world stumbles upon our fair land. We have an entire Order of Knights that have never fought in battle. If the world is half as bad as the legends say, we're already doomed. Did you try selling it to him as a scouting mission?"

21. - Top - End - #1221

Geasa
    Aquaeris rose from his slumber, and smiled at the changes in the world below.

Kalpans
    The Kalpans had spent virtually all non-Druidic, praying, or time for basic needs creating art, as beautiful as the world held. They were masters of all art after three millennium of practice. Any non-Kalpan would be amazed to see what artwork the Kalpans keep in their halls. Even exported pieces, usually less than second-rate, can easily top many other works of art.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ericaltovilla, you can take them over now.

Hidden Isle
    The few Kalpans on the Isle were valued highly by all non-Kalpans, but they were very humble, just doing their duty and more for the reward of duty alone. They were the third religion on the island, but did not try to conform any others to their beliefs. Some among them in the days before the plaguesleep had even seen Aquaeris, painting a picture of him. They followed him zealously, but served first the Isle and then their kind.

East World
    Kalpans were well-known traders, having a huge networks spanning from Icekin weapons to Goblin iron and glasswork to Elthien woodwork to Woden magic and wood to their own art, gems, and precious metals from the sea. It was easy now to have a undersea trip by dolphin or shark to far-off lands.

Coralia
    The great palace of the Highpriest in Coralia City has a mural, in near-photographic detail, of the events in the history of the worlds, made of jewels and precious metals and glass, five times life size. It awes anyone who sees it, providing them with a definitive Kalpan version of history made of pure art.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Likely my last post in a while, so any Kalpan minor parts can be taken by anyone, main Kalpans and their society being handled by Ericaltovilla until I return.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-23 at 08:01 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

22. - Top - End - #1222

The Goblin Empire

"Oh of course I understand." Dauntless she entered the lair of her greatest enemy on the Earth.

The Hidden Isle

"Yeah, several times, but he didn't buy it. Don't get me wrong he'll do it, he's just so... cautious." The Scepter sighed, "An entire order that's never fought once... I won't lie that's part of the reason I'm wanting to do this. We need to break our seal while we're strong, before the world develops too far ahead of us."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Goblin Empire

The guards deposited the old woman in a room by herself. She sat there for some time, until another goblin came in. Almost as soon as he entered the goblin shed his illusion and revealed the blackened skeleton of an Archlich.

"I am Archlich Gallak. Inquisitor responsible for protecting the Empire from the evils of foreign influence. You are a visitor in our lands, and with no papers? I'm sure you can understand why this might be a problem."

Hidden Isle

"Who's to say they haven't?" Kuruk replied. "The merchant's guild has the benefit of some... less than savory contacts who may or may not have interacted with persons beyond the borders of the Island. There's some information we've managed to gather, spotty as it is. From the record's I've been able to gather, we've missed out on a lot of history. Most of it bad, I'm sorry to say."

Wildlings March

There was one among the Wildlings who had taken up a leadership position. He had great faith in his lord Kiloasa, and an unsurpassed talent for druidic magic. The Woden Nettal, was tall and thin for his race (who were already tall and thin) and he had a sever face, with sunken eyes and a sharp nose. He walked with Kiloasa in the Mistlands, where they discussed the direction of the Wildling order.

"We have had a difficult time during your absence. Few have wavered from the path though, m'lord. We lost many during the war against the ice and still more against the Brass Gnomes. They acted with absolute disregard for the natural world, and used a corrupt form of druidism against us. But our power was great, and we were able to defy them long enough that many more have joined our ranks. It is good that you have returned, now we can begin our counterattack."

A counterattack against the Guild would be a dangerous and foolhardy proposition, Nettal. You have protected the mortal world from destruction and kept the peoples free from domination, that is good. However, to act so rashly would only lead to your failure and would be overstepping the bounds of your duties. I will speak with the leaders of the Guild when I have time, do not take it upon yourself to act against them without my consent. Nettal nodded in aquiesence.

A Shadowy Hut

Genna didn't know why she was here. This place was said to be haunted by a demon of shadows and blood. It was a cursed place, any who ventured near it were found by the Inevitables, those monster constructs that enforced the Laws of Karma. So long ago they had expanded their influence, and began to hunt those who fled Karma, instead of just enforcing its rule.

That was why she was here. In addition to the rumors about the demon, it was also said that the only way to escape the Inevitables was to be found inside. Genna steeled herself and entered. The inside was completely dark.

"Welcome child." A voice in the darkness said. "I am The Martyr. Do you require my services?"

Spoiler
    Show
    The Martyr is a new Shadow I spoke with HalfTangible about. He specializes in helping people Opt Out of karma through the magic of Demiurgy. If anyone wants to start a storyline with him, you're welcome to.

24. - Top - End - #1224

The Lokab Empire

"Of course! You must defend against us old woman with the utmost vigilance!" Not a hint sarcasm was in her voice as she said this (no seriously, she sounds sincere).

The Hidden Isle

Charles looked behind him ensuring the door was securely closed, "All right, from this point on we talked about my prized pig and then your daughter's knight training."

He smiled, "So what do you know old friend?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Lokab Empire

"Of course! You must defend against us old woman with the utmost vigilance!" Not a hint sarcasm was in her voice as she said this (no seriously, she sounds sincere).
    "As long as you understand, I'll begin the interrogation." The Archlich may have been smiling, but it was difficult to tell since his head had no flesh to cover his teeth. "I'll need to know your name, place of origin, reason for entering the Lokab Empire, and expected length of stay. This is, of course, for filling out your proper papers. And no lying, I'll know." Menace dripped from each of the Archlich's fangs.

The Hidden Isle

Charles looked behind him ensuring the door was securely closed, "All right, from this point on we talked about my prized pig and then your daughter's knight training."

He smiled, "So what do you know old friend?"
    "I know you don't have a prized pig, but I do have some award winning bacon I bought from your wife last week." Kuruk laughed. "Most of what we get is piecemeal. There are fourteen known countries scattered across the world, most of them are run by a mix of races. Very few are controlled only by a singular species. There's talk of great wars that were fought not long ago, between metal gnomes and nature magicians who rusted and wrecked all of the gnomes creations. The Calasanctium Empire was aparently real, as well as the Knights of the Spear. But the information I've gathered seems to indicate that Calasanctium was destroyed by a simultaneous invasion of barbarians and Goblin Soldiers. Should I go on?"

26. - Top - End - #1226

Lokab Empire

"Name? The Crone will suffice, I don't truly have a name as I am now. Place of Origin? From the mind of a god same as all creation. Reason for visit? Well I must confess that this is the one area I may be truly open about, I seek an item of great power rumored to allow one to see into the future and into the past. If I grasp it for a moment and take a look, then I will be on my way. As to the last? I would search until the item is found."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right now my idea for a story here is Gwyn outwitting this arch-lich into helping her find the gem and thus helping a god, breaking his contract. She'd use his desire to find the emerald to trick him into helping.

How's that sound to you?

Also she isn't technically lying, Gwyn is somewhat supressed in this form and therefore not quite Gwyn. She is making the truth dance a fine jig though.

The Hidden Isle

Charles sighed, he had hoped the Empire remained standing, "No, not unless you have sugesstions for where I should send the first scouts."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Lokab Empire

"Name? The Crone will suffice, I don't truly have a name as I am now. Place of Origin? From the mind of a god same as all creation. Reason for visit? Well I must confess that this is the one area I may be truly open about, I seek an item of great power rumored to allow one to see into the future and into the past. If I grasp it for a moment and take a look, then I will be on my way. As to the last? I would search until the item is found."

Spoiler
    Show
    Right now my idea for a story here is Gwyn outwitting this arch-lich into helping her find the gem and thus helping a god, breaking his contract. She'd use his desire to find the emerald to trick him into helping.

How's that sound to you?

Also she isn't technically lying, Gwyn is somewhat supressed in this form and therefore not quite Gwyn. She is making the truth dance a fine jig though.
    "An object of great power? The future and the past... I assure you we posess no such object, madam. And if we did, I very highly doubt that we would allow foreigners to use such an object." A cold flame sprung forth from the Archlich's hand. "If you say there is such an object within the Empire, then you will need to tell me everything you know about it. I would hate for our conversation to turn unpleasant."

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't have a problem with that storyline, but the Archlich you're dealing with right now signed his contract detailing the desire to protect the empire from the "Evils of Foreigners". So him helping a god wouldn't break his code, and if he decided to lend Gwyn a hand, he'd just pass her off to a different Archlich so that he doesn't break his contract.

The Hidden Isle

Charles sighed, he had hoped the Empire remained standing, "No, not unless you have sugesstions for where I should send the first scouts."
    "Due north. There is a port where most of my... friends choose to sail out of. They warn me often though, it is not a place for the naive or uncautios. It is a pirate port, a place for smuggled goods and vile deals. I have been assured that they have very excellent maps, however."

28. - Top - End - #1228

Isanverde

Kipt finally found Isanverde, but knew that he had to handle the situation with care. He found that his new cloak made it easy for him to sneak around, and soon found himself face to face with Hallorn without his people noticing him. Kipt suddenly felt that he had to succeed, like a weight on his shoulders. He felt that if he didn't, countless people would meet a horrible fate, but even as he spoke he felt tired. "Hallorn, I take it" he said, emerging from shadows "I am Kipt, and I have come to ask you to give me Isanverde- for the good of us all," but down inside, he somehow knew that words would be no good.

The Grove of the Druids

Talier, Lita, and Pala all learned druidism well, but didn't have the same natural capability as Wooden, or Kalpans. Still, they were able to master a few notable tricks. Talier excelled at charming animals, and was even able to use druidism on people, not that he ever would. Lita was good with Elements, and using her powers in combat. Pala on the other hand had a way with plants; talking to them, getting their secrets, and making them come alive. They progressed some on their own, and shared their findings with their race. Some even sought out Wooden to train them.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

[Ombra]

Ombra jumped up in bed and yelled out. -up there, you stupid bartender!! This tavern can go right ahead and-

He blinked for a few moments, looking around. 3000 years had been a long time to sleep, and he had forgotten what the medical room looked like. He sighed and rubbed his head. Over, huh... He sighed again and left the room for the mortal plane.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

Ombra

"A bar is a strange thing for a god to dream of, for three thousand years."

"Important addendum. There has been a heavy schism among your creations."
    Spoiler
    Show