New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC]

The Divine Party:

Tresingiis sees Belsheroth and answers his question. "Thanks, and I would enjoy playing a game of bluff." He thinks over the problems presented by the desert and goblins, and seems determined to build the desert in a different tone. " A game should help me focus. Who else will play? Bluff needs at least 3 people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

2. - Top - End - #1292

Valhyrja

Present day

Halasht slumped on his throne in his dwelling on his plane, alone. Outside, the members of the Horde enjoyed the realm their patron had crafted for them, all of it available to them accept for the one manor he crafted for himself. His face contorted into a perpetual grim scowl from the years, he had nothing to do but reflect, and remember...

He had sent an envoy, to find out what this illness was. But when it arrived, it came upon the sleeping forms of his kindred, guarded by the greatest creations of Geasa. The envoy had fought some of these creatures before fleeing, running back to the secure bastion that was Valhyrja, where no intruder, deific or otherwise could invade. He reported what he had saw, and Halasht was perturbed. He could've gone, and woken his kindred, and asked them to help him. But...another idea crept into his head, tendrils creeping throughout his mind. No. He would not wake them up. What could a mortal create that could slay a being on an order of magnitude that Halasht was at? Was he so impotent that he would not find a way himself? No.

So here he was, today. Sitting where he had been for the past three thousand years. He appeared as he had to mortals and creations, but something had changed. Lines grew greater, his hair taking on a few hairs of gray in addition to the arborean brown that it is. And more.... His head snapped up. By his word, a member of the Horde appeared before him. And so, an envoy was sent down to the world to ascertain what had become of things.

Oh and this happened:

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 6
    Create Greater Race: Empowered Spirits (-4)- Empowered Spirits are ghosts given form of what they were in life, and power so that they may act. All members of the Horde are these by definition. However, they are not the only ones, merely the only organization of them and the largest gathering. Spirits can travel through the Void, but at incredibly slow speeds. Being dead, they are immune to death by gravity or poison, but can experience death by combat.
    Ending AP: 2
    Last edited by Hydranova; 2012-06-27 at 03:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    Free Port

"'course sir! Don't worry 'bout payment sir! Little Miss don't charge nuthing. All paid for courtesty of Big Momma." She gestured around her, "Here you see the merchant yard, it's where the smaller ships come to set up shop 'til they got nuthin' left to sell. Then they sail back out and fill up again."

She motions him to follow and begins walking down the dock like she owns the place. Curiously, most people do give her a wide berth. The pirate even interrupting his conversation with the merchant to exchange greetings with the girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your decision if you follow her or not, if you do follow, she'll give you the comprehensive tour of Free Port.
    Free Port

How convenient. Parvis follows his new guide, looking carefully at what she describes, and out for any signs of his... contacts.

The Divine Party

"Ah... my name is Lilli. It's nice to meet you" Despite the pleasantries, the goddess seemed, discomforted at the presence of so many others. When Tresingiis formed, she merely nodded her head at him.

Turning to Kipt. "Ah, may as well. Why not bluff." The goddess turns to sit along with Tresingiis and Belsheroth.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Razorpine Forest

Stamyn pointed to the eldest and two youngest Elthiens in the group. "You three, have talent. A talent wasted upon such poor teachers. If you truly wish to learn druidism, become my pupils. I will have you ready to take Kiloasa's test in a matter of months." To demonstrate his skill, Stamyn began to shift his form. The ground around them sank as he pulled more and more of its mass into his body to facilitate the change. His arms became great batlike wings, his nose elongated into a reptilian snout. A great stony tail sprouted from behind him as he completed his transformation into a dragon.

"What say you, Elthiens?"

The Divine Party

"I will humbly submit myself to be your opponent, Ombra." Nettal said, approaching the god of shadows. "I have not played this game before either, so it will be a fair match."

Kiloasa himself rested in a stone chair near the fire, watching his family at play. When Tresingiis joined the Manyfold Guardians, Kiloasa smiled.
    Of course you are welcome among us, my son. Kiloasa said. Always know that you will have a place where you can find allies.

As glad as he was to have another son and another member of the Manyfold Guardians, Kiloasa was worried that it was becoming too much of a "family business." He knew that to truly be a successful pantheon, the Guardians would need many different points of view. So he sent a telepathic message to Lili.

Young goddess, I have made the offer to many other gods, and I would make it to you as well. Will you join me in the Manyfold Guardians? We could use someone like you on our side. What exactly he meant by that, Kiloasa was unsure.

Spoiler
    Show
    @HalfTangible: Do you want to take over writing The Martyr? I'm trying to juggle too many characters right now, and I'd rather not lose him to obscurity.

Freeport, The Great Voyage

"Well, I think we're lost." Kuruk said after three hours of wandering around Freeport. "You'd think someone as important as Big Momma would want to be easy to find, but I have no idea where to look."

Madame Woodworth and King Stephen

"I would like... that spot." Madame Woodworth pointed to the map on the wall of King Stephen's chamber. It was just a small scrap of forest, located in the hills in the northeast of the country. It hadn't even been prospected yet. "The forest will be the perfect place to train new druids, don't you think? And you'll need them of course. Someone's got to manage the moss growth and make sure the bacteria don't mutate too much... oh and make sure nobody gets sick from them. And with more druids we can expand our projects to clean and beautify the city. Wouldn't it be just lovely to have a windowbox of lillys on every building? Or veronicas... even forget-me-nots would be better than the drab slate those machinists seem to love so much. A bit of color would do wonders for the city...." There really was no stopping the woman.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Divine Party

"I will humbly submit myself to be your opponent, Ombra." Nettal said, approaching the god of shadows. "I have not played this game before either, so it will be a fair match."
    Ombra

Psychic interface not recommended for beginners... Cards, then? He placed the disk on the ground (per instructions) and drew out three decks of blue cards, all labelled D.C. He shuffled all three of them into one deck absentmindedly. As he dealt out the five cards that go to each hand, he added, I don't believe we've met.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ombra

Psychic interface not recommended for beginners... Cards, then? He placed the disk on the ground (per instructions) and drew out three decks of blue cards, all labelled D.C. He shuffled all three of them into one deck absentmindedly. As he dealt out the five cards that go to each hand, he added, I don't believe we've met.
    "I am the unofficial leader of the Wildlings, and a servant of Kiloasa's will on the mortal plane." Nettal said. "You are known to me because I have met with your shadows before. They spoke of you as if you were long dead." Nettal set down his first card, "Body: Quadruped." The card displayed a series of numbers along the bottom, AGI: +5, END: +3, STR: +8.

"I believe it is your turn now."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

"I am the unofficial leader of the Wildlings, and a servant of Kiloasa's will on the mortal plane." Nettal said. "You are known to me because I have met with your shadows before. They spoke of you as if you were long dead." Nettal set down his first card, "Body: Quadruped." The card displayed a series of numbers along the bottom, AGI: +5, END: +3, STR: +8.

"I believe it is your turn now."
    I'm surprised they spoke with you at all, to be honest. Ombra looked over his hand. They aren't very trusting. He stared at his cards for a few moments, thinking, before setting down a Skill card: "Flight (2)". It also displayed a series of numbers, as well as a specific effect in the decription box.

This creature has the ability to fly under it's own power. The specific form this ability takes depends on the chosen body card and other factors. A creature with the magic skill, for instance, may use specific spells to fly.

The bonuses it gave were AGI: +10 and SPD +6.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-27 at 08:31 PM.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

D. Construct

"I have some unusual talents, for a druid. Others seem almost... magically attracted to me." Nettal smiled a little and laid down his next card. It was called "Amphibious" and its special ability stated "This creature can enter and exit the water freely to attack or avoid being attacked" the numbers on the card gave the creature END: +5 SPD: +3 STR: +2.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

D. Construct

Ombra drew a card and looked over the ones in his hand. The creature needed seven cards to fully manifest, and so far he'd only used one: the power to fly. He looked over his cards and decided that he'd need to define what kind of body the creature would have before he went further. He calmly placed down a "Body: Reptile" card. It weakened the creature's resistance to temperature change, but allowed a random special ability to be added by the computer shortly before the battle began. Ombra supposed randomness was half of the fun of the game.

5 left... he muttered aloud. You know of the Shadows. How has their relationship faired with the rest of the world over these last millenia?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-27 at 09:22 PM.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

D. Construct

Ombra drew a card and looked over the ones in his hand. The creature needed seven cards to fully manifest, and so far he'd only used one: the power to fly. He looked over his cards and decided that he'd need to define what kind of body the creature would have before he went further. He calmly placed down a "Body: Reptile" card. It weakened the creature's resistance to temperature change, but allowed a random special ability to be added by the computer shortly before the battle began. Ombra supposed randomness was half of the fun of the game.

5 left... he muttered aloud. You know of the Shadows. How has their relationship faired with the rest of the world over these last millenia?
    "I can only speak to recent events. They assisted us in the war with the Guild, and have been active in fighting against karma. But they seem divided to me. They are too few and too proud. What they need is leadership, direction. They should learn to work as a unit... but that goes against your principles, doesn't it?"

Nettal laid down his 3rd card, "Elemental Infusion." It would allow his creature to add one of the four elements to a weapon when it finally did battle.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

"I can only speak to recent events. They assisted us in the war with the Guild, and have been active in fighting against karma. But they seem divided to me. They are too few and too proud. What they need is leadership, direction. They should learn to work as a unit... but that goes against your principles, doesn't it?"

Nettal laid down his 3rd card, "Elemental Infusion." It would allow his creature to add one of the four elements to a weapon when it finally did battle.
    They were always meant to be few, and proud... and yes, leadership is against my personal principles. He looked over his hand. But even a tyrant can preach for freedom. Your core observations are accurate and workable. He then placed down his own third card, "Skill: Martial Artist.", with a special ability to give a black belt in a martial art, +5 STR and +5 AGI.

They respect the Doctor, enough to start a cult for him. He remarked, amused. No matter how stupid he keeps telling them they are.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

They were always meant to be few, and proud... and yes, leadership is against my personal principles. He looked over his hand. But even a tyrant can preach for freedom. Your core observations are accurate and workable. He then placed down his own third card, "Skill: Martial Artist.", with a special ability to give a black belt in a martial art, +5 STR and +5 AGI.

They respect the Doctor, enough to start a cult for him. He remarked, amused. No matter how stupid he keeps telling them they are.
    Nettal passed on his turn and put two of his cards back into the pile and replaced them. "Mortals require objects of worship. Without you to focus and guide their designs, the shadows turned to the next most powerful being they could find. Even beings of anarchy require guidance."

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Nettal passed on his turn and put two of his cards back into the pile and replaced them. "Mortals require objects of worship. Without you to focus and guide their designs, the shadows turned to the next most powerful being they could find. Even beings of anarchy require guidance."
    Perhaps. Ombra looked over his own cards, then replaced them all and reshuffled. He then drew a new hand. But they shouldn't. That would lead to corruption if their object of worship became corrupt.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

D. Construct

Nettal laid down his next card, "Dragonbone Sword" it was a weapon card that offered STR: +12, SPD: +8 and could not be broken or stolen.

"Then make their object of worship incorruptible." He said to Ombra.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

D. Construct

Nettal laid down his next card, "Dragonbone Sword" it was a weapon card that offered STR: +12, SPD: +8 and could not be broken or stolen.

"Then make their object of worship incorruptible." He said to Ombra.
    I thought I had. He muttered, looking between two cards to decide which would be better to reveal now. I taught them to follow my ideal for a better world, not me. Suffer no tyrant to rule, break every system until the world finds a way without them, and all will be free, with no need to fear. Punish the wicked and aid the paragon, and one day all shall have the heart of a hero. Even left a codex. And yet now, His eyes narrowed, They seek a single creature to represent that ideal, instead of the ideal itself.

He placed down a card labelled 'Keen Mind', granting +11 INT and resistance to mind-based attacks.

An intelligent, flying reptile with a black belt. He grinned beneath his hood. How amusing. He looked up at Nettal, still grinning wide, white teeth gleaming out from beneath his hood. Care for... for lack of a better phrase, a wager on this game, druid?

Spoiler
    Show
    2AP+0PAP
    Rollover from 21st, 23rd
    +4ap+1pap
    =
    6AP+1PAP
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-27 at 10:39 PM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I thought I had. He muttered, looking between two cards to decide which would be better to reveal now. I taught them to follow my ideal for a better world, not me. Suffer no tyrant to rule, break every system until the world finds a way without them, and all will be free, with no need to fear. Punish the wicked and aid the paragon, and one day all shall have the heart of a hero. Even left a codex. And yet now, His eyes narrowed, They seek a single creature to represent that ideal, instead of the ideal itself.

He placed down a card labelled 'Keen Mind', granting +11 INT and resistance to mind-based attacks.

An intelligent, flying reptile with a black belt. He grinned beneath his hood. How amusing. He looked up at Nettal, still grinning wide, white teeth gleaming out from beneath his hood. Care for... for lack of a better phrase, a wager on this game, druid?

Spoiler
    Show
    2AP+0PAP
    Rollover from 21st, 23rd
    +4ap+1pap
    =
    6AP+1PAP
    "What would you want to wager?" Nettal said as he placed his next card. "Ah, Limit Break: Mana Burn... Damage the Enemy for every point of intelligence, and every magic type they use. Must be below 30% health."

Nettal paused and thougt for a moment. "I would like to wager with you, but I don't know what I really have to offer a god."

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

"What would you want to wager?" Nettal said as he placed his next card. "Ah, Limit Break: Mana Burn... Damage the Enemy for every point of intelligence, and every magic type they use. Must be below 30% health."

Nettal paused and thougt for a moment. "I would like to wager with you, but I don't know what I really have to offer a god."
    It's not that kind of wager. He placed down his fifth card, a "Body: Humanoid" card (+4INT, +4DEX, +2AGI) and pointed to the game disc. This game amuses me, and the fact it allows mortals to construct their own beings as well as gods is... interesting. Here's what I propose: I will create whichever creature wins this battle and place it on the planet as a new race. He looked up at Nettal and grinned. If you'd prefer I didn't, of course...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-06-27 at 10:53 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It's not that kind of wager. He placed down his fifth card, a "Body: Humanoid" card (+4INT, +4DEX, +2AGI) and pointed to the game disc. This game amuses me, and the fact it allows mortals to construct their own beings as well as gods is... interesting. Here's what I propose: I will create whichever creature wins this battle and place it on the planet as a new race. He looked up at Nettal and grinned. If you'd prefer I didn't, of course...
    "So you're trying to scare me into throwing the game? That is most underhanded, Ombra." Nettal said. He laid down another card "Plate Armor" DEF: +8 and a shield to protect his creature from the first 20 points of damage. "I am confident that any creature created here would be defeated by a Wildling of the proper caliber. Instead, let me offer you a counter wager: If I win, you will grant me a portion of your power. If I lose, name any task and I will complete it."

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

"So you're trying to scare me into throwing the game? That is most underhanded, Ombra." Nettal said. He laid down another card "Plate Armor" DEF: +8 and a shield to protect his creature from the first 20 points of damage. "I am confident that any creature created here would be defeated by a Wildling of the proper caliber. Instead, let me offer you a counter wager: If I win, you will grant me a portion of your power. If I lose, name any task and I will complete it."
    He blinked, surprised. Scare? It was a genuine offer. He looked through the cards. ...And the only task i would require a mortal to perform at the moment that i could not do myself is one that would require giving you a shard of my power anyway...

He was quiet for a time, then grinned again as he laid down a sixth card, "Skill: Breathing Techniques" ( This creature has the ability to control it's own vital functions to survive extreme conditions. Does not necessarily have to be through breathing. END +10 ). How about BOTH? If my creature wins, I will create it and have you restore the jungles of Shadow Key to the best of your ability. If yours wins, I will create it and give you a piece of my divine power, under the condition that you never use it to rule or conquer.

He looked at the rules again. For our seventh card we can select any from the deck that we choose, and keep it a secret from the other player.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Calasanctium Kingdom

The bands of energy wrapped tightly around the ghoul. Leaving it to thrash helpless against its bonds.

Jennifer told the other knight, the one who had gotten Marren, "Wake up the captain. I'll guard this... thing."

The knight nodded and ran down the hallway.

Sophia merely nodded at Marren's assessment, "wound's gone, but I can still feel something eating me from the inside out. Errgh."

Spittle escaped from Sophia's mouth as her guts tried to find an escape. Jennifer looked on worried and helpless.
    Hold still young Knight. I'm going to put you to sleep.
    Marren placed his hands on Sophia's temples and willed her to sleep, simultaneously slowing her heart. The... infection... whatever it was needed to be slowed.
    I'll carry her myself. I don't want her condition to spread.
    Though the injury on Marren's leg was slight, he could feel it burning slightly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming, of course, that a Ghoul's teeth transmit their curse.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdelf View Post
    The Divine Party:

Tresingiis sees Belsheroth and answers his question. "Thanks, and I would enjoy playing a game of bluff." He thinks over the problems presented by the desert and goblins, and seems determined to build the desert in a different tone. " A game should help me focus. Who else will play? Bluff needs at least 3 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exachix View Post
    The Divine Party

"Ah... my name is Lilli. It's nice to meet you" Despite the pleasantries, the goddess seemed, discomforted at the presence of so many others. When Tresingiis formed, she merely nodded her head at him.

Turning to Kipt. "Ah, may as well. Why not bluff." The goddess turns to sit along with Tresingiis and Belsheroth.
    Excellent.
    Belsheroth dealt the cards to his nephews and his niece.
    I think I understand the rules. I believe it is traditional for he who sits to the dealer's right to begin?

Madame Woodworth and King Stephen

"I would like... that spot." Madame Woodworth pointed to the map on the wall of King Stephen's chamber. It was just a small scrap of forest, located in the hills in the northeast of the country. It hadn't even been prospected yet. "The forest will be the perfect place to train new druids, don't you think? And you'll need them of course. Someone's got to manage the moss growth and make sure the bacteria don't mutate too much... oh and make sure nobody gets sick from them. And with more druids we can expand our projects to clean and beautify the city. Wouldn't it be just lovely to have a windowbox of lillys on every building? Or veronicas... even forget-me-nots would be better than the drab slate those machinists seem to love so much. A bit of color would do wonders for the city...." There really was no stopping the woman.
    The Wood of Wolves? I see no reason why it can't be yours. Don't worry, it's just a name, it's not home to that many wolves.
    So we have a deal, Madame Woodworth?

The meeting had gone well. A small patch of unremarkable forest for the health of the city? A bargain in anyone's terms.
    Perhaps when we are done with Snow Haven, we can turn our attention to other cities in the Kingdom.
    King Stephen stood and offered his hand so that they could shake on their agreement.
    Thank you for everything Lady Woodworth.
    Finally a chance to use his power to create nobles on the spot.

Hazael attends the Council at the Guardian Temple

The Council in session at the Temple was wondering whether they should summon the Herald of Belsheroth or not, but that decision had already been made. Hazael appeared in the Council Chamber before the great window displaying the image of Belsheroth.
    Councilors. Lord Belsheroth sends his greetings and wishes you all well.
    Nameth rose to greet Hazael.
    Herald. Your arrival is most timely.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note that the Council consists of the High Ecclesiarch (Nameth), the Head Judge, a representative of the Order of the Spear, seven non-clerics and seven clerics including Patriarch Amathol.
    If any wants to claim an annoying individual, they can.

Gates of Morgazar

Belsheroth sent a shard of his essence to commune with the Wandering Star that resided there. Needless to say he was glad he brought his blindfold.
    He passed the perimeter established by the Belsherai who kept watch over the creature. Slowly, he approached it.
    It was massive, far larger than his physical form. And it was only a young one from what he could tell.
    Don't be afraid little one.
    Go away!
    Alright then. I'll just sit here for a bit.
    I'm watching you...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #1311

Divine Party

"Sounds good" Kipt responds to Lily in a carefree manner. "Tresingiis, its nice to meet you. I'm your bro, Kipt" he says smiling. Sure, lead us off" he says to Belsheroth, and picks up his hand, anticipating the game.

Razorpine Forest

The older man with the scarred face turned to his middle-aged companions, and gave them a hard look, spear in hand, grasped tightly. "You heard the Woden, begone!" he told them harshly. He was quick to turn on them, and the boy seemed a bit confused by all this. He nearly ran over and hugged them, but he was held back by the man. "Where will you go?" he called out. "Maybe we'll head back to the fertile valley" the talentless one said reassuringly. It is clear by the way that they are holding each other that they are a couple. The girl's face looked sad, but she didn't say anything.
    When Stamyn turned into a dragon, the man bowed low, and gestured for his companions to do the same. "I would like nothing more" the man replied eagerly to the Woden "I am Geodrick, this is my nephew Atan, and my niece Lansa"

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

He blinked, surprised. Scare? It was a genuine offer. He looked through the cards. ...And the only task i would require a mortal to perform at the moment that i could not do myself is one that would require giving you a shard of my power anyway...

He was quiet for a time, then grinned again as he laid down a sixth card, "Skill: Breathing Techniques" ( This creature has the ability to control it's own vital functions to survive extreme conditions. Does not necessarily have to be through breathing. END +10 ). How about BOTH? If my creature wins, I will create it and have you restore the jungles of Shadow Key to the best of your ability. If yours wins, I will create it and give you a piece of my divine power, under the condition that you never use it to rule or conquer.

He looked at the rules again. For our seventh card we can select any from the deck that we choose, and keep it a secret from the other player.
    Nettal shuffled through the deck and selected his card. "I accept your bet. However, I am already in a position of leadership. It is unofficial, but the other Wildlings look to me for guidance when Kiloasa does not lead them directly. Were I to accept your shard then, I would have to immediately revoke it. I cannot in good conscience step down from the place of honor my brothers have given me. It would be wrong of me to abandon them in such a way, wouldn't you agree." Nettal began feeding his first six cards into the machine. "My last card says that I am not to put it the machine unless certain conditions on the field of battle are met."

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post

The Wood of Wolves? I see no reason why it can't be yours. Don't worry, it's just a name, it's not home to that many wolves.
    So we have a deal, Madame Woodworth?

The meeting had gone well. A small patch of unremarkable forest for the health of the city? A bargain in anyone's terms.
    Perhaps when we are done with Snow Haven, we can turn our attention to other cities in the Kingdom.
    King Stephen stood and offered his hand so that they could shake on their agreement.
    Thank you for everything Lady Woodworth.
    Finally a chance to use his power to create nobles on the spot.
    "Ah you are so generous, my king. I will retire straight away to begin working on your moss and bacteria immediately." She left the chambers talking amiably to herself all the way through the castle, completely unperturbed by the reaction she got from other castle dwellers. When she finally reached the outside air, she whistled a strange tune and a bird landed on her finger. "I need you to fly to the Wood of Wolves, tell Glorik that I was able to secure the land. Soon we'll have a stranglehold on the last major coal deposits in the kingdom."

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Divine Party

"Sounds good" Kipt responds to Lily in a carefree manner. "Tresingiis, its nice to meet you. I'm your bro, Kipt" he says smiling. Sure, lead us off" he says to Belsheroth, and picks up his hand, anticipating the game.
    Spoiler
    Show
    FYI, Bluff is a real game that I've worked on in real life. It's pretty simple and I'd be happy to share the rules with you if you want to hear them, or you can just make it up as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Razorpine Forest

The older man with the scarred face turned to his middle-aged companions, and gave them a hard look, spear in hand, grasped tightly. "You heard the Woden, begone!" he told them harshly. He was quick to turn on them, and the boy seemed a bit confused by all this. He nearly ran over and hugged them, but he was held back by the man. "Where will you go?" he called out. "Maybe we'll head back to the fertile valley" the talentless one said reassuringly. It is clear by the way that they are holding each other that they are a couple. The girl's face looked sad, but she didn't say anything.
    When Stamyn turned into a dragon, the man bowed low, and gestured for his companions to do the same. "I would like nothing more" the man replied eagerly to the Woden "I am Geodrick, this is my nephew Atan, and my niece Lansa"
    "Good, you have ambition. You will need it for the lessons I will teach you. Come, today we hunt badgers." Stamyn explained to the three Elthiens their task, each would have to head out naked into the woods track a badger and bring it back unharmed to this spot. "You will find no creature more stubborn or ill-tempered than a badger. And no greater test of your ability to charm an animal than this."

23. - Top - End - #1313

BlueWizardGirl

Tresingiis said, "Let's get started then." And he picks up his hand and looks at it. "This can be fun." He looks up at his brother Kipt, breaks his poker face and said, "Ever done this before?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Geasa

Geasa

The gate finishes opening, showing the central continent so far bellow, such an unthinkable distance for the powerful gods present.

"Drunnir, you may proceed to your mission now."
    Drunnir grunts his consent, and falls through the gate, and come crashing down in a cloud of sand and dust somewhere where the land of beauty once lay. This was the she-dragons land now, or so he could remember from the data given to him by Lord Merolle. The hunt was on as it were. His only clue to the perpetrator of the god plague was that it was a dream construct. But all dreams are just figments of those who are awake. The construct must be a being who can sleep - although the possibility that it only existed in dream was not lost to Drunnir.

So dream was the first part of the hunt. He would need to journey there....

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Apologies Lord Isanloff. No disrespect was meant.
    She gazed into the mirror, unfazed by what she saw.
    But there are those who consider themselves our enemies, but are not truly so.
    As for the Mortal Realm, you may wish to be seated...
    The Kingdom of Calasanctium wars continually with those city states that neighbour it, yet is beset by internal strife that threatens to destroy their fragile society.
    The leaders of the Lokab Empire perpetrate acts of great and unnatural evil. Acts they could not perform without your unintentional aid. I fear they may soon seek dominion over other lands.
    The Shadows of Lord Ombra are enigmatic as always, but we the Belsherai feel that they are engaged with an enemy they cannot fight. But we can't be certain.
    Many blame the Gnomes for the pollution that now covers much of the sky, and Hallorn still clutches that Spear to his chest.
    We have Strife unending. But soon, we may have war, then famine and then death will reign.
    Isanloff listened intently and after a short pause spoke

You may go, young one.

Then he paused once more

Actually young one, before you leave- I have one more question. If you were a god, how would you reduce the suffering on the world below?

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah you are so generous, my king. I will retire straight away to begin working on your moss and bacteria immediately." She left the chambers talking amiably to herself all the way through the castle, completely unperturbed by the reaction she got from other castle dwellers. When she finally reached the outside air, she whistled a strange tune and a bird landed on her finger. "I need you to fly to the Wood of Wolves, tell Glorik that I was able to secure the land. Soon we'll have a stranglehold on the last major coal deposits in the kingdom."
    When Lady Woodworth left, Stephen moved to the window to watch as she left. Every single one of his predecessors had written that druids were a tricky bunch.
    For some reason, she stopped outside the castle among a flock of pigeons. She could have been doing something. but there was a statue blocking his view. A tricky bunch indeed.
    The King called to his secretary.
    "Miss Lyle? Do you think she's trustworthy?"
    "I don't know your majesty. But I think she has a genuine desire to help us."

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it she's trying to force them away from burning coal by gaining control of the only significant unexploited deposit?
    Or his her motive more... sinister?

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Isanloff listened intently and after a short pause spoke

You may go, young one.

Then he paused once more

Actually young one, before you leave- I have one more question. If you were a god, how would you reduce the suffering on the world below?
    Anzhela was in a pickle. How to say this without insulting Old Mirrorface.
    The traditional diplomatic approach would probably work best.
    Lord Isanloff, I can scarcely be expected to know best how to perform a God's duties. But I am a leader of my people, so perhaps I can provide some insight...
    A leader needs to guide. Not control. Zany schemes involving throwing power around and imposing laws without explanation won't do it. Use a heavy hand only where a heavy hand is needed. Otherwise, gently shape the mortals towards bettering themselves, and they will solve their own suffering.
    Mortals are like precious stones, not rock.
    That's how I would seek to act.

She bowed toward the Gods present, and departed to return to her other duties.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's echoing advice Belsheroth gave out earlier:
    "Be gentle with them!"
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Nettal shuffled through the deck and selected his card. "I accept your bet. However, I am already in a position of leadership. It is unofficial, but the other Wildlings look to me for guidance when Kiloasa does not lead them directly. Were I to accept your shard then, I would have to immediately revoke it. I cannot in good conscience step down from the place of honor my brothers have given me. It would be wrong of me to abandon them in such a way, wouldn't you agree." Nettal began feeding his first six cards into the machine. "My last card says that I am not to put it the machine unless certain conditions on the field of battle are met."
    The position is de facto and your people respect you, it is fine. Ombra replied, feeding his own seven cards in. There are... what was the phrase? 'Bigger fish to fry'?

On confirming that Nettal's last card was a mid-battle card as opposed to a form, weapon, armor or skill card, the disc activated. First it constructed a battlefield for the two creatures - a meadow with a large river running through it.

Then the machine began to display the cards played

Player 2 (OMBRA):
    Skill: Flight (2)
    AGI: +10 and SPD +6

Body: Reptile
    Weakness: Temperature
    Randomized Special Ability

Skill: Martial Artist
    +5 STR and +5 AGI

Skill: Keen Mind
    +11 INT and resistance to mind-based attacks

Body: Humanoid
    +4INT, +4DEX, +2AGI

Skill: Breathing Techniques
    END +10

(Secret)

Bonuses:

AGI: +17
    SPD: +6
    STR: +5
    INT: +15
    DEX: +4
    END: +10

Constructing....

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

Anzhela was in a pickle. How to say this without insulting Old Mirrorface.
    The traditional diplomatic approach would probably work best.
    Lord Isanloff, I can scarcely be expected to know best how to perform a God's duties. But I am a leader of my people, so perhaps I can provide some insight...
    A leader needs to guide. Not control. Zany schemes involving throwing power around and imposing laws without explanation won't do it. Use a heavy hand only where a heavy hand is needed. Otherwise, gently shape the mortals towards bettering themselves, and they will solve their own suffering.
    Mortals are like precious stones, not rock.
    That's how I would seek to act.

She bowed toward the Gods present, and departed to return to her other duties.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's echoing advice Belsheroth gave out earlier:
    "Be gentle with them!"
    Isanloff watched the mortal depart. He laughed, a cold chilly laugh. Treat them gently she said, mimicking his brother Belsheroth in the past. Treat them gently. And what has treating them gently done? three thousand years of suffering. And the other god's speak of having the mortals solve their own suffering, but they interfere all the same. They send shard of themselves and their agents to shift societies one way and another. The manifold guardians are endlessly involved in their quest to rid the world of war, even when the mortals chose to don the robes of law themselves. They fight against karma, even when mortals chose it. It was hypocritical, and pointless. In the end people still suffered. And they suffered for so long. Gentleness, did not save them and the mortals were incapable of solving their own problems.

No he will not treat them gently, he was the stern older brother, telling them how they should live their lives. He knew best. Their freedom, their choice, what did it give them other than horrors and confusion. Freedom of choice was the drug that the guardians piled and dealt to the world below. Making mortals addicted to it, while they played their games. The addiction brought what? A 1000 year Ice age! Pollution! War! And the endless famine which ever starved Isanloff! Famine! Endless and eternal. That is what mortals chose. He would choose differently. Soon enough.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Merolle factually determines that Isanloff is going on a semi-silent ego trip and turns his attention elsehwere, namely to the divine medical ward, where a few deities have yet to awaken...

Orlur, Versteckt and Aor, to be precise, remain in their sleep, a quick analysis reveals to Merolle that none of them managed to recover from their illness in these three millenia, he correctly calculates that the odds of any of them ever recovering are slim to none. His brother, his son, his greatniece, all effectively lost.

A shame.

Merolle's eye turns to the remains of his sisters still in the room, peacefully asleep forever, he cleansed the disease from their shadows and pruned the corruption, but still the could not awaken, death seemed more permanent to them, as opposed to the trifle effort of linking a mortal soul to... anything really.

The Verdigris Legion remodels the whole chamber as a great ziggurat, a mausoleum to his family, the only cemetery in all of Geasa. The light of the sun shining down on the fallen deities.

Then he leaves. No reason to stay, after all.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-06-28 at 11:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1319

The Calasanctium Kingdom

Aftermath of the Battle with the Ghoul

Sophia fell asleep her infection slowing to a near stop. Marren managed to carry her to the infirmary without issue, though the wound on his leg began to burn awfully.

Spoiler
    Show
    More specifically it's the ghoul's saliva/ bodily fluids that transmits the curse. But yeah biting's the usual way

You're decision what happens with the two of them, I only ask that you please not kill off Sophia. She has narrative purpose

As Marren proceeded down the hall, Jennifer turned to glare at the figure behind her,

"you promised Sophia wouldn't be hurt." "And she wouldn't have if she had stayed inside her room. Did anyone notice?"

Jennifer shook her head slowly not taking her eyes off the figure, "No, they were too busy fighting it to notice the eyes weren't the right color."

The ghould stopped thrashing

"Good, then we can proceed according to plan."

The figure walked past Jennifer and stretched out his hand, resting it atop the crown of the ghoul's head, "Rest in peace my servant, my Captain."

A thunderclap resounded through the hall and the ghoul's head was completely destroyed in a shower of sparks an blood. For a moment the figure's eyes flashed yellow as he stooped to pick up the Drownsword. "Change." He whispered and when the light illumnated him once more, Captain Eric stood in the light.

"Remember," he said to Jennifer, "The ghoul's head exploded and there was nothing you could do."

Jennifer merely nodded as the imposter walked down the hall.

The Council Meeting

Second Lieutenant Joselyn, a Ravenkin by birth represented the knights this day. "Be welcome Herald, what news do you bring us?"

Free Port

The Great Voyage

"Your fault for taking directions from a beggar."
    "Sandra!"
    "It's true!"

Saul shook his head, "Well this is getting us nowhere, what we really need."

"Hey!" Saul and Sandra looked over in tandom ready to fight a new threat only to be greeted by a Ravenkin boy barely ten years old.

"Name's Willy, I'm a guide fer Big Momma 'erself. I hear you got some business wit' 'er?"

The Fell Knife and Little Miss

Little Miss gave quite an exhausting tour. She showed him the market district were farmers sold their normal produce as well as their more special products.

The Docks District were the big ships came to off load their wares. Sending them to the markets or the merchant's wharf. Sometimes selling it right there. There were a healthy amount of taverns right on the dock, though Little Miss explained that was mainly for the Captains as the sailors just slept on the boats.

The Rough Part of Town was the West end. Little Miss advised not going there unless you had a knife, poison, or protection from Big Momma. In fact she advised if you didn't have a knife just buy one.

The Eastern Side of town was where all the whore houses had decided to gather called the Red Light District, because of a peculiar type of curtain favored by the girls in the area.

The entire tour, all sorts of lawless behavior greeted the Fell Knife, from stealing to murder, Free Port had it all in all districts. The West End was by far the worst. There was no one punishing crime here, except the odd vigilante, or maybe an inevitable when the rare karma infused person was killed, maimed, mugged, etc..

"So that's the city, you lookin' for something specific mister?"

The Divine Party

Gwyn sat to observe the game of Bluff, "Hope you don't mind if I just watch."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

30. - Top - End - #1320

The Divine Party

Lilli paused for a moment, then merely smiled a small grin as she replied to Kiloasa. I would be intruiged, master Kiloasa, but am unsure if it is the right option. She glances to the diety, then around at her fellow players, still conversing with Kiloasa. I am not uninterested, friend, but would like to know more about the skies before I spread my wings. Would you tell me what the Manyfold Guardians are and do?

She takes the cards dealt to her and looks to her fellow players.

Free Port - Parvis and Little Miss

Parvis followed his guide, carefully keeping pace and keeping and eye out at all the parts of the city. Even at the prospect of so much lawlessness, the Fell Knife did not seem disturbed here, albeit still on his toes. He looked with a smile to the West End, and knowingly at the taverns in the docks. At the completion of the tour, he nods to Little Miss.

"Oh, only to meet some friends who are working here currently. Help them out a bit maybe." He leans on his stave. "You may have possibly heard of that group, though they are but merely a bunch of knives in the dark." He smiles. "I talk too much. In any case I do have one last question, and that is simple"

"How do I contact Big Momma in the future?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming he's getting the gist of how, but there's always fun in asking things directly.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show