New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hospital [Mia's Lab]

A sign directs her to the lab's, since there is someone around in the Hospital and Mia don't want him to interrupt this.

"Good. I'm ready. lay down and when you wake up you will have your eye back."
    "Oh. Arright," says Cornelia, pursing her lips a little. She lies down, but doesn't accept any sedatives yet. "I was wondering, ma'am, if ye might be able to do somethin' 'bout my scars, too?"

Main Room - Meeting

"My kid's been keeping me busier than Watch, for the most part. Not a lot to do around here till now," says Adir, while they wait for the current meeting to continue. Then, out of the blue, KR orders the new recruits outside. "Ooo, I think you guys are in for it now."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-13 at 12:32 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Main Room----> Training Grounds]

Well telling us that going is a stupid idea just makes me want to go even more.
    "Sorry but the testing will start if I don't go."
    Leaving with element they head to the Training Grounds. It can't be that bad?
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Room -> Training Grounds]

Hildur silently nods and follows KR, carrying her bags with her.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-06-13 at 12:40 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

Good luck, Wenomir tells KR with a wave as she leaves. He considers stepping outside himself to watch, but decides to stay and participate in the meeting. He can always ask her how it went later.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Just Inside - Mathias Timeline]

Sakura looks at him curiously. "He hunts different kind of animals. I don't really know exactly. I'm not all that interested in it."

"I hunt animals too. Though of a different kind. Is there a place where I can rest here? I'm rather tired."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd like to say yes, but the rooms here are only for members. Sorry." Sakura says apologetically.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Courtyard

Amelia finishes up her exercise routine and just lays down in the grass and soaking up the sun letting her aura of dimness fade till it is unnoticeable. She considers getting up and exploring the fortress but decides against it. She doesn't want to piss anyone off, and really is enjoying the sun.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Library

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Darcy will find Wenomir there, conveniently enough. Or another one of his plotclones, to be specific. What're you looking for, Darcy? He asks. He's not particularily literate himself, but he manages.

"The Angel of Cold and Perfection. One of our members radio'd in asking for information."
    Darcy says.

Infirmary

Darcy returns to visit the gnolls. "It wasn't just you. All of the gnolls back in the city have grown wings too."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #309

[Infirmary]

The brother blinks as he hears this and turns to his sister who suddenly looks up at Darcy. "A-all of them? But why? Are we cursed?"

"No, no, this is good news. This means there is no corruption... right?" The brother asks with an hopeful look at Darcy.

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh. Arright," says Cornelia, pursing her lips a little. She lies down, but doesn't accept any sedatives yet. "I was wondering, ma'am, if ye might be able to do somethin' 'bout my scars, too?"

[Mia's Lab]

Mia prepares sedatives, she ignores Cornelia for that. Mia has to do something very painfull and she still don't want to cause pain if she can avoid it.

"I will have a look at it. I will have you asleep for a few hours. I hope this is enougth time to look after the scales as well."

If no other questions Mia will go on giving her the sedatives. If she avoids MDM will need to grab her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #311

[Mia's Lab]

Well, Cornelia isn't exactly going to take the sedatives or be pierced with any needles until she's finished speaking. In any case, she has finished, and merely lies back so she might fall asleep.

She can be godmodded until she wakes up, of course. What does Mia do?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #312

[Mia's Lab]

The last Cornelia hears is: "Please don't call me Ma'am. I'm not older than you." As said Mia is near 18 and her appearance more leaves the expression of being 16.

First Mia sends MDM away. she needs a Iron bar for the scars. MDM will return an hour later with it. (He had to go to DMC in Inside)

During that time Mia will start fixing the eye. She had prepared a vial of special nanobots Which she now drip into the broken eye. When the vial is empty she heads for her head holding both hands over her face. This is the critical phase. If something interrupts her now Cornelia may die.Or worst, assuming being unable to anything is worst than be dead. The Nanobots start to destroy the whole eye including all links to the brain. This process is much more painful than it sounds.After that They use the still working parts to form a new eye and links using some nanobots as a replacement. This needs more than 2 hours to get done. If her defense system tries to encounter the nanobots Mia will need more time.

The eye itself will be ready 2h30min after starting. Still it isn't fine. It is like a dioptre value of 10 or more, but still better than blind. It should need a whole day to justify it.

After that Mia is very exhaust, but there is still work to do. Mia sit's down concentrating on the metal in front of her. Suddenly MDM seems to shut down, the robot collapsing on place as Mia can't afford to spend her energy for him right now. Cornelia may wake up just in the moment Mia gave her something to drink. If you remember the thing Adir got she will get a similar version, just much weaker since her power is gone. It may make big scars appear much smaller, but don't removes them.

Mia will fall down on the floor being unconscious.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Library

"The Angel of Cold and Perfection. One of our members radio'd in asking for information."
    Darcy says.
    Sounds familiar. Was it... a creepy faceless thing built of ice? Wenomir asks, rubbing his chin. If so, then it's a sort of demon from my homeworld. Curious.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Library

"I don't have a description, just the name."
    Darcy says.

Infirmary

"I... we don't know. We're going to investigate. We could also arrange to have a doctor remove the wings with surgery, if you want. But perhaps you want to wait until we've learned more."
    Darcy says to the gnolls.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

KR stops in front of one of the sparring circles, gesturing Serph into it.
    "Swordplay and demon summoning, right? One man army?"
    She walks over to the rack where several spindly looking training androids stand deactivated, and opens up the back to set up a program. Then she flicks the difficulty up to about the level where it would make even her break a sweat.
    Then, with a shrug, flicks up the difficulty to about three times that. Might as well see what these things can do. She goes through the same routine with a second one too, just for the lulz.
    "Alright, let's see how you go against these things." She says to Serph, placing a timer on the ground and setting it for one minute.
    "Make preparations if you need to."
    She turns to Element.
    "Shapeshifter? Go to the start of the obstacle course. I'll be over to set it up in a moment."
    And finally, she looks at Hildur.
    "So what's your specialty, exactly?" She asks. I don't believe Hildur ever said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Serph and Element look at each other and curses silently. Element will most likely be able to handle an obstacle course but Serph was weakened in a previous encounter and couldn't do as much without Element boosting him.

Maybe I shouldn't have wrote swordplay, sure I know how to stick them with the pointy end but I just got this recently."If I am to do this without my partner please ready the infirmary as I will need to Overclock myself."

Serph stands a middle distance ready to summon the demons that weren't sealed away by the witch from the wish shop. Mentally he starts the process needed to Overclock.

Element, from inside his body, tosses an improved version of Zanken to Serph to use alongside his other sword Surtr. After that he heads over to the obstacle course that has not yet been set up. The witch took away my power to turn into any adult form be it man or beast. I hope the objects I can turn into will be enough. "I await the command to begin."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

17. - Top - End - #317

[Training Ground]

"I'm an Air Shaper," Hildur says. She indicates the glove on her hand that seems to be made of a soft golden metal. "I use this Gossamer focus to control the wind and air around me." That was a bit of a generalization, and she didn't know if she even needed the focus anymore, but it was accurate enough.

[Library]

"You need a description?" Darcy will hear through the communicator, assuming she took it with her. "Diamond-esque core, tentacles and bladed appendages. Looked to be made of ice, took a lot of bullets to kill."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-06-14 at 11:05 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318

[Mia's Lab]

Where Cornelia comes from, those in the medical profession are treated with a great deal of respect, no matter their age. In any case, Cornelia doesn't say any more about it, as she's swiftly fast asleep.

She has several things in her favor when Mia starts to work on the eye. The eye itself is cursed, mostly dead flesh as a result, so she hardly feels a thing when the nanobots start in. It's only the nerves behind her eye that give her any real trouble, and Cornelia moves violently in her sleep at the pain. MDM will likely have to hold her down until the nanobots finish their job.

As for her immune system, as I said, mostly dead tissue. There is minimal resistance from Cornelia's body. The gunsmith wakes up just in time to have a batch of nanobots poured down her throat. She sputters a little, sitting up straight, blinking wildly. It takes her a second to realize that, while blurry, her blind eye can see. It can see.

"Oh my gods, Mia...!" Cornelia says, looking around for her doctor. She hadn't gotten a chance to thank her before she'd just... dropped out of sight. Dropped. Wait.

Cornelia looks over the edge of the cot and her eyes widen. The gunsmith quickly slips off the bed, covered in sweat from that dreamless, painful sleep, and she attempts to shake Mia awake. "Are you alright? Ma'am?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Wenomir nods. Not that Boris can see it.
    That fits the bill. The thing was a demon of order from my homeworld. If you've destroyed it, it won't come back. More might or might not show up, but it's hard to predict.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Mia's Lab]

Where Cornelia comes from, those in the medical profession are treated with a great deal of respect, no matter their age. In any case, Cornelia doesn't say any more about it, as she's swiftly fast asleep.

She has several things in her favor when Mia starts to work on the eye. The eye itself is cursed, mostly dead flesh as a result, so she hardly feels a thing when the nanobots start in. It's only the nerves behind her eye that give her any real trouble, and Cornelia moves violently in her sleep at the pain. MDM will likely have to hold her down until the nanobots finish their job.

As for her immune system, as I said, mostly dead tissue. There is minimal resistance from Cornelia's body. The gunsmith wakes up just in time to have a batch of nanobots poured down her throat. She sputters a little, sitting up straight, blinking wildly. It takes her a second to realize that, while blurry, her blind eye can see. It can see.

"Oh my gods, Mia...!" Cornelia says, looking around for her doctor. She hadn't gotten a chance to thank her before she'd just... dropped out of sight. Dropped. Wait.

Cornelia looks over the edge of the cot and her eyes widen. The gunsmith quickly slips off the bed, covered in sweat from that dreamless, painful sleep, and she attempts to shake Mia awake. "Are you alright? Ma'am?"

Mia's lab

Mia doesn't seem to wake up. SShe is still alive, but she sweated more than Cornelia. The only noise coming is a slow...*boom*
    Well ok the noise CAME from MDM who just felt backwards since his system is offline.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Courtyard>>Training Grounds

Amelia wakes up and heads back out to the main courtyard where she quickly starts to run through her morning routine, which ranges from stretching, to tai chi, and even martial kata's.

After she finishes up with that she lays down in the sun thinking. She needed to get out of this place soon. She just needed to figure out what to do next. Her place was wrecked and to dangerous to go back to, she had no money or job to go back to. She had lived lightly for the past several years, so she carried all that was truely important with her. So really she wasn't held back by anything. But nothing to go forward to either.

And despite having spent most of her time here passed out she still feels like she has probably stayed here a bit too long already. And the place sort of creeps her out, she always is alone. She still hasn't seen another soul besides a few glimpses through cracked open doors or windows as she passed by. But despite always being alone she got a creepy feeling of being watched.

Well time to go and look for someone, maybe she could leave a message for Shawna with someone. She just needed to keep moving, in hopes of finding where she wants to go.

Hey look is that some people over by the training grounds. She heads that way.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

22. - Top - End - #322

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

"I'd like to say yes, but the rooms here are only for members. Sorry." Sakura says apologetically.

"Damnnation. How does one become a member? I'm rather impartial to sleeping on the stone floor.....or on grass."
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

"I... we don't know. We're going to investigate. We could also arrange to have a doctor remove the wings with surgery, if you want. But perhaps you want to wait until we've learned more."
    Darcy says to the gnolls.
    Infirmary

Both the gnolls look rather shocked at her suggestion. The sister shakes her head. "We wait, better to wait."

The brother nods in agreement. "Yes, we don't want that. No cutting." It says, seemingly rather nervous about it.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, there's a form that needs filling out, and then someone needs to test you. I'm not really qualified to do it, though." Sakura explains. "Oh! I completely forgot. We do have some rooms for guests to stay in for a little while. I guess you could go to the Good League of Good if you want somewhere longer term to stay depending on what you do here. They have charity housing."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-06-14 at 09:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

((Um... there actually are specifically made guest rooms, by the way. In the East Barracks building. Or the West one. Can't remember. Just not in the keep. Go look in the OP.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-06-14 at 09:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

((Silly Kris, expecting my memory to actually hold information! Anyway, edited previous post for Sakura to suddenly remember guest rooms.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-06-14 at 09:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

KR looks at Serph.
    "You don't have to beat them, just survive for a minute."
    And given that the androids were facing Serph and KR was inputting data at their backs, he can't know what difficulty she was setting them to. And at any rate, from his point of view, they would be completely meaningless, arbitrary numbers.
    Back to Hildur.
    "Hmm... how powerful is your ability, roughly? And how fine is your control?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door/Gate]

And it's here that Irene floats with a pixie and a little girl that's left for companions. She wonders what happened to the onion.

"Could you knock for me?" Irene asks Jamie.

The thing about Irene is her startling resemblance to Ilpholin. Granted, she's all ghostly so you can't see the hair colour's wrong. And maybe it's just that all nymphs look that way.

Of course, she was also Calublufiok for a time, so that might be recognizable too.

But she's not here about any of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Well if that's the case then know that without my partner or Overclocking myself then you will only see 80% of my power. In any case I am ready.

Well, whatever happens happens. He wields Surtr in his right hand and Zanken in his left hand. His purple eyes focus on the nearest android.

"Kin-Ki! Sui-Ki! Fuu-Ki! Ongyo-Ki!"

In the respective order these four are summoned.

Spoiler
    Show

Kin-Ki is two paces NE of Serph while Sui-Ki is NW, Fuu-Ki is SE and Ongyo-Ki is SW. The four Dai-Oni's roar while Serph sweats.

((Scuse me but how many pumped-up androids is KR going to send at me?))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #330

[Library]

"Right. Any mundane methods of easily killing them, if more show up? Or does someone else need to come to Mattock Hill as support?"

[Training Grounds]

"Well, I can break rock, and maybe metal, but I have't tried that," Hildur begins. "And I'm precise enough to fly without having to just go in one path or slowly." Which is actually pretty fine control.