New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Library]

Fire and heat work pretty well, Wenomir says. So use that if any more of them show up. Is Mattock Hill where you met the thing?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-15 at 11:03 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Then, with a shrug, flicks up the difficulty to about three times that. Might as well see what these things can do. She goes through the same routine with a second one too, just for the lulz.
    [Training Grounds]

Second implies two.

At any rate, as soon as Serph finishes his summonings, the two androids spring into actual. If they can be called that anymore. There's still humanoid, yes, but are no longer spindly, frail looking things. Thick armor panels now cover the pair of them, and from each one's back, four spider-like bladed limbs arc forward, twitching, ready to strike at lightning speed. If that weren't enough, each spider leg, in addition to the bladed tip, has a small blinking red light several inches back from the end, perhaps indicating a laser or other energy weapon of some sort. But of course that's silly. KR wouldn't attach lethal weaponry to a training robot.
    Right?
    RIGHT!?

The pair of them circle Serph and his summoned entourage, waiting for them to strike first.

60 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Library]

"Right. Should've brought incendiary charges," Boris mutters through the communicator. "Specifically, we encountered the demon on a field near Mattock Hill."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-06-15 at 11:22 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

[Library]

Alright. This probably isn't the best time for a full report, so I'll hear it when you're back. Anything else? Wenomir asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

That is what happens when you speed read, you miss some of the details. Some of which are important, I should read more carefully.

Serph himself uses Focus ,It will look as if a bolt of lightning hit Serph ,which will double his physical attack power the next turn. Kin-Ki casts Rakujaja which increases the party's defense. Sui-Ki uses Glacial Blast ,He swings his cudgel and a wide spray of glacial ice shoot towards the Spider-droids , that will do Heavy ice damage to foes if hit and is amplified by Sui-Ki's natural affinity for Ice. Fuu-Ki uses Fog Breath, I believe that's self-explanatory, which will greatly slow down any foe organic or otherwise if hit. Ongyo-Ki uses Megido, a ball of blueish light will float towards the foe and explode, this causes almighty damage that is neither physical or magical if it hits. The four Dai-Onis still surround Serph giving him adequate protection.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

6. - Top - End - #336

[Library]

"The demon had apparently taken control of a local fey. Beyond that, nothing of interest. Krestyanov out." The communicator cuts off.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Planning Room]

Even if this scene hasn't been referenced for a page and a half, and said character hasn't been referenced for a thread and a half, Jacob arrives in the chamber, curious as to the threat that is implied by such an important-sounding klaxon.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary >> APOCALYPSE MEETING!!!!!111!!!!

"I'm going to a meeting to discuss this with my tribe. I'll check back in with you afterwards,"
    Darcy says.

She arrives at the Apocalypse Meeting looking grim.

Library

"So I don't need to research this?"
    Darcy asks Wenomir, a little confused.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

{Soul Quest}
    [Front Door/Gate]

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Sophie!! Oh no! Sallianne shrugs as Sophie leaves for GLoG, then follows Mikani and Irene. What happened to the little pumpkin? she asks Miknai as they go.
    "Onion," Mikani corrects with a smile. "And...she was a little hurt. Miss Judy is looking after her at the hospital," the Magical Girl explains, not realising that Sallianne has probably never met Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    And it's here that Irene floats with a pixie and a little girl that's left for companions. She wonders what happened to the onion.

"Could you knock for me?" Irene asks Jamie.

The thing about Irene is her startling resemblance to Ilpholin. Granted, she's all ghostly so you can't see the hair colour's wrong. And maybe it's just that all nymphs look that way.

Of course, she was also Calublufiok for a time, so that might be recognizable too.

But she's not here about any of that.
    Mikani nods, and steps up to the door!

And she will knock three times.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Main Room - Meeting

"I've already got the experience for that, Harnel. If you bunch are finally ready to shape up and form squads and whatnot, then I'm all for it, but I'm not being trained by Remnant."

Adir is, naturally, here, and quite ready to voice his opinion on the matter. He does have a thing against Remnant, mostly against Vasquez, but he's not going to hold it against the whole force.
    [Main Room]

Harnel watches as KR takes a few of the newbies out to be tested. He can guess why she did that. Then turns to the others, "You don't have to come if you don't to, Adir - this is all entirely voluntary."

"Those who do want to come, Follow me. I'm heading out at this point."
    Harnel will turn towards the door, and once he gets there he'll watch for whomever is following, before leaving the building himself. Of course, given that he flies everywhere, but intends to lead the way, this will be a long walk. Anybody want to offer up their vehicle?

[Planning Room]

Harnel will arrive at the planning room just shortly behind jacob. Have to see what's going on, after all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

Alright, so what do we know? Wenomir asks those present, mostly KR, since she called this meeting. Are the demons we've fought twice up to something bigger?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

Mia follows Harnel still sitting on MDM who walks veeeeeeeeeery slow. So he is just as fast as someone normal walking.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Planning Room] ((Anyone not present at the moment can just handwave themselves in as having always been there.))

"Pretty much, I think. They've somehow managed to get enough power to change the fabric of reality, and might possibly be aligned with AMEN." Says KR, in response to Wenomir's question.
    "For those of us here not familiar with the type of demons we've been facing, I'll let Darcy give a quick introduction, since she knows more about the matter than me."
    Player's rapid saving throw of JUSTICE!

[Training Grounds]

The ice shards hit Crab Spider 1 (for that is basically what the training androids have turned into, for the purposes of this test.), shattering harmlessly against its thick outer armor, but managing to halt it enough to get caught in the fog breath, slowing its movement. Not that that is much of a impediment to it, when it can simply fire stun rays out of its spider arms, which it does, in rapid fire fashion, hoping to hit or suppress the Dai-Oni.
    Meanwhile, Crab Spider 2 leaps aside of the exploding Megido, and charges directly towards Serph, slashing at him with the blades on its human arms, while the spidery ones lash out at his summons, attempting to knock them aside.

"Hmm... I think you can do the obstacle course with this other guy." Says KR, gesturing towards Element. "Join him, and I'll set it up for you."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-06-16 at 09:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Yazon gives Adir a curious look. Either something happened to sour him to Remnant or Remnant is something other than what he thinks it'll be like. Only one way to find out. The dwarf will follow after Harnel.

[Planning Room]

Yazon has of course arrived to the meeting. Probably grumbled a bit about the high table. At the moment he's taking this opportunity to see who's who in Watchtower since he hasn't met too many people yet.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Planning Room

Darcy stands up to address the room. "I was abducted by the Cuthan demons a year ago. These aren't like the demons most of us are familiar with, that come from the underworld and frequently interact with mortals here in the Nexus. These monsters see mortals as prey. They are particularly obsessed with mortal reproduction, since it is not something they do. Some of the experiments I witnessed..." Darcy swallows hard. "... the things they did to women, mothers, were unspeakable." Also would probably get mod scrubbed.

"Another thing they do is to capture mortals and infuse their own essence into them, making the mortal into one of them. Very often, the victim of such a procedure is left nothing but a mindless monster. Other times, they remain intelligent, but corrupted in outlook, gaining new powers and working to further the aims of their new masters."

"I only survived as myself because as a shapeshifter, I was immune to their venom. I was finally able to escape, but would have been recaptured if a passing caravan of slavers had not encountered me first. It may drive home the nature of the terror I feel of them to tell you that I considered capture by slavers to be a rescue. I would have considered it so even had I remained a slave for the rest of my life. Even if mistreated, I would have been among people, rather than monsters."

"When DC and I faced them in the gnoll city, they offered us a cease-fire, and threatened our loved ones if we did not take it. The tribe where I grew up would have despised me had I accepted such a deal, and of course our tribe here at Watchtower exists to fight. I do not know how they can be defeated, and yet it must be done."

Darcy sits down, emotionally on edge from her fervent speech and reliving the memories of that time.

Also, OOC, I hope that SC will come in and fill in any of the details that Darcy would have included but that Darcy's player has forgotten because brainderp.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Training Grounds

Ameila sits down near the training grounds and watches them train not wanting to interrupt anyone.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #347

[Training Grounds]

"Right." Hildur hurries off to join Element at the obstacle course.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

Thank you, Darcy, Wenomir says, knowing how hard talking about it must be to her. Well, I suppose our course of action is simple. They need to be eradicated for everyone's good.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Halfling in the Playground

[Main Room]

Adir gives Harnel a respectful, if a bit whimsical, two-fingered salute. Just before Harnel leaves with his entourage, the stag calls out, "Um, do you guys wanna borrow my truck or something?"

Suddenly, blaring alarms sound. If Harnel wants the truck, Adir will toss him the keys, and then proceed upstairs to the

[Planning Room]

Where he's totally been since the klaxons started. The stag takes a seat, merely looking and listening for now.

[Mia's Lab]

Cornelia attempts to lift the spent priestess. There's nothing she can do about the titanic robot, but she can put Mia onto the bed. With that, she hurries into the

[Hospital]

"Can som'un help? Please? My doctor's fainted," she says loudly, looking for a PC or an NPC drone to help.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

{Soul Quest- Front Door/Gate}

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Onion," Mikani corrects with a smile. "And...she was a little hurt. Miss Judy is looking after her at the hospital," the Magical Girl explains, not realising that Sallianne has probably never met Judy.

Mikani nods, and steps up to the door!

And she will knock three times.
    Sallianne floats in midair, impatiently tapping her foot, as they wait for someone to answer the door. Where are we, anyway?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Front Door

Darcy discovers she has a plot clone free and answers the door. "... Ilpholin?"

Going to Remnant

The other Darcy plot clone doesn't care how the getting there is managed. Though now she isn't sure if the going is being cancelled for the meeting? Harnel?
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-06-16 at 11:14 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Sallianne floats in midair, impatiently tapping her foot, as they wait for someone to answer the door. Where are we, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Front Door

"It's called Watchtower," Mikani tells Sallianne, but before she can say more, the door opens!

And she blinks!

"...Miss Amakirr?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #353

[Mia's Lab] -> [Hospital]

Still Mia don't wakes up. And godmoding aprooved since tha caracter is in a near dead state unless someone cares about her.

[Planning Room]

Other timeline Mia is here sitting on MDM.
    And if I remember right Wenomir and er fight the guards outside and a strange monster. Sadly the scene stoped and I never knew what happened to the demon.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Hospital]

"Can som'un help? Please? My doctor's fainted," she says loudly, looking for a PC or an NPC drone to help.
    Sunny donated some medical robots she designed which can perform basic first aid. They are available for godmodding things like stabilizing the patient and putting in an IV line. They can't do anything too advanced.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

KR also built some more advanced robots that can perform routine pre-programmed surgical procedures, since the PC doctors tend to be deadtimed, more often than not. They too, can be godmodded, but are inexplicably incapable of performing cesarians. (That one operation where they slice open your abdomen and remove a tiny squid monster is included, however. Basic stuff, y'know?

[Planning Room])

Um... whoops. KR wasn't expecting the whole emotional outburst/relapse thing coming from Darcy. Otherwise she wouldn't have asked her. >_<
    "Thank you Darcy." She says.
    "There's slightly more to add. Recently we discovered that these demons somehow have the power to warp reality itself. They've used it to give gnolls across the Nexus batlike wings. I'm don't know why, but I don't think I need to stress the danger of these demons having this level of power." She continues.
    "Also, according to Darcy, there's the additional possibility that these demons are in league with AMEN, having allied themselves through Ilpholin."
    WATCHTOWER should stop sending spies to AMEN. It never seems to work.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post

[Training Grounds]

The ice shards hit Crab Spider 1 (for that is basically what the training androids have turned into, for the purposes of this test.), shattering harmlessly against its thick outer armor, but managing to halt it enough to get caught in the fog breath, slowing its movement. Not that that is much of a impediment to it, when it can simply fire stun rays out of its spider arms, which it does, in rapid fire fashion, hoping to hit or suppress the Dai-Oni.
    Meanwhile, Crab Spider 2 leaps aside of the exploding Megido, and charges directly towards Serph, slashing at him with the blades on its human arms, while the spidery ones lash out at his summons, attempting to knock them aside.

"Hmm... I think you can do the obstacle course with this other guy." Says KR, gesturing towards Element. "Join him, and I'll set it up for you."
    The Dai-Onis are hit and are slowed a bit but not really harmed. The other attack which attempts to knock them down fails as each one of them is very resistant to physical attacks and Serph is completely immune to physical attacks. The four Dai-Onis are stunned so they do nothing but defend. Serph on the other hand releases two slashes from his blades, giving out fire then wind to hit on the Crab Spider 2.

Element does as told and walks to the place stated by KR.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Planning Room])

Jacob seems adequately worried, though not fearful. Indeed, he mostly seems concerned about their very existence.

"Something like this should be warping the planes on a drastic level, but I detect nothing from here. Interesting.

Do we know of any weaknesses? Anything will do. Logistically-required cities? Leaders? Sources of Power?"

28. - Top - End - #358

Planning Room

Darcy might also recall that where she were imprisoned demons could just appear and disappear with a few minutes delay. They called this 'gating' and it's apparently a technique they use to transport between dimensions. They are also weak to silver.

As for the last demon plot we decided that since it was moving so slowly and it was pretty much over anyway we assumed they defeated the demon and went home once everything was cleared up.

Cessie don't look all too comfortable at the mention of how these demons treated children and mothers. Darcy's emotional edge really sold her argument about these things. This sounded very serious.

"This sounds similar to the powers used by the entity Libra. I suggest caution before we try to take these creatures head on. Perhaps finding out more about this occurrence? What worries me is the possible connections to AMEN. Is there anyone here who can better then me can determine how likely such an alliance would be?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-06-17 at 09:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

Wenomir leans on the table with a grim expression.
    We don't know how likely an alliance between them and AMEN is, but Ilpholin is a demon of some sort now. I couldn't tell whether she's one of those demons when I last met her; the party at Magtok's casino had too many conflicting outsider smells. But it's possible. It's also possible, though, that the demons are just trying to spread dissention among us and have us fight each other. We'll need to clear it up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-17 at 10:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not entirely sure." Irene admits. I believe Watchtower was formed sometime during her prior play period, but I could be off.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Front Door

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

"It's called Watchtower," Mikani tells Sallianne, but before she can say more, the door opens!

And she blinks!

"...Miss Amakirr?"
    Irene looks between the two, trying to puzzle out what's going on and where she heard the name Ilpholin before.

"Umm... hello. I'm Irene, this is Sallianne, and Mikani but I'm guessing someone here already knows someone else here?" Somehow. There were a lot of questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.