New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

{Soul Quest - Catacombs}
    Questers vs. Cottonballs

Sallianne smiles smugly as her pooch eats and burns the evil plant. Then the other two come at her. Musta gotten cocky.

She begins to fly through their flailing thorn limbs. Sick 'em Frosty! she calls out, just before one of them swats her hard to the ground.

The Flaming Chihuahua, Frosty, will go after the next one, when it's sure the first one is dead.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Soul Quest - Catacombs}

Amelia pulls back trying to avoid the snipping, and her old leather jacket manages to protect her as she moves out of the way. Unfortunately she doesn't have any other way of attacking besides slashing, so she is going to keep doing that and so she slashes at the one that just attacked her.

She spots the ones fighting Mikani get stronger with the extra vines, and waves her hand and a bit more light flies over at them reaching to grab at their scissors and yank them out of their hand.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

{Soul Quest - Catacombs}

As soon as she senses the thorncottonballs gaining strength, Mikani sends a wave of destructive energy through the Dire Kudzu, killing it - with regret - and hoping some affects the beasts, as she produces her wand. And a beam of pure, green Earth Energy sprouts from it, which she spins as if it were a lightsabre, attempting to slice and dice the thorny vines and scissors reaching for her!

It gets bonus damage against aberrations and Infernal outsiders, too.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Soul Scissors

Darcy's legs are entangled. She could try and shapeshift out of it, but she's not as combat trained as her dimensional analogue, so it would take more focus. Instead, she simply hardens her legs to prevent the thorns from digging in and resorts to sorcery. Seeing how effective fire is, she aims a fireball at the remaining cotton scissor beasts to destroy them in one blast!

Or she would if she could throw fireballs. Unfortunately, she's not a very powerful sorceress, and all she can manage is more of a fire dart, aimed at a single creature.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Wenomir, I need you to look real close at this guy for a second," says Adir, taking a step aside so the two of them can do just that. His eyes probe Wenomir questioningly.
    The warrior and the farmer look at each other for a while. Mścisław looks unsure and Wenomir looks confused... until the demonhunter's eyes go wide. His face would probably go pale if it could.
    By Perun, he blurts out, shock making him revert to calling upon a god he no longer believes in, Mścisław? What are you doing here?
    This seems to convince Mścisław that the man in front of him is really his brother. He gasps and grabs his head. Brother? It really is you? I thought you were dead! What happened to you?
    It's a very long story. But I thought you stayed back home. So how did you end up here... and how did Adir find you? Wenomir asks, peering at the fey.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Halfling in the Playground

Wenomir & KR's Room

Adir gives a tired, satisfied smile. He had hardly remembered Mscislaw's last name, and had never really asked Wenomir for his. It was good that he brought them together again. "He'd asked Watch to help out with some... demon problems. When we called about that Angel thing earlier?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

I suppose some reconeissance might be in order... maybe using our observatory or airships? Wenomir asks, turnng to KR. She deals with such things.

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

That's true, only I didn't know it was a demon at first, Mścisław says. Just a fairy giving us problems.
    Oh yes, I remember that. Wenomir shakes his head. I guess it's a good thing someone put our names together. Thanks for bringing him here, Adir.
    And from me too, lord, Mścisław says, earning a crooked look from Wenomir. "Lord"? Oh dear.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-06-23 at 10:51 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"With the observatory, certainly. The one functioning airship we have is slightly less than subtle."
    Being a giant combat zeppelin powered by jet engines with brightly colored paintings all over the gas bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #459

Planning Room

"The observatory might not work as well as direct scouting," Adir suggests, pondering the last time he met gnolls. Sure, there's wildfae descended from hyenas, but they're a much less annoying bunch to deal with. And it looks like he might have to deal with some gnolls now.

Wenomir & KR's Room

"I'm just glad I didn't look like a total idiot," says Adir, smiling at the brothers reunited. His grin grows more sly at the word 'lord'. "Lord Frescot, if you don't mind, Mscislaw. And you're very welcome."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

But it might be enough for us to plan futher moves more safely, Wenomir says.

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

As you wish, Lord Frescot, Mścisław says obediently. Wenomir sighs.
    Brother, do me a favour and don't call me lord, would you? I'm not the same person I was when we last saw each other, but I'm still common as dirt.
    As you wish, Wenomir, Mścisław responds. And you certanly didn't have red eyes or so many scars last time. But it sounds like it's a long story.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Training Grounds]

On the obstacle course, the next obstacle Hildur and Element will face is a roughly 20 meter stretch of floor made out of small square pillars, all set at different heights, to form a rough, uneven patch of terrain. If that weren't enough, some of the pillars shoot upwards at random, smacking into the ceiling before slowly sinking back to regular height. It's probably not a good idea to be standing on one of those when it goes.
    This is a little more difficult for Hildur, but she passes through it quickly enough. She uses a little bit of Shaping to make sure her hops are guided so that she lands square on each pillar.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"With the observatory, certainly. The one functioning airship we have is slightly less than subtle."
    Being a giant combat zeppelin powered by jet engines with brightly colored paintings all over the gas bag.
    [Planning Room]

"Maybe we could Upgrade the ship to fullfill this function. I didn't saw it, but if it's not so big it should be possible."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Main Room]

Sakura shifts uncomfortably, not really sure how to respond to that. So silence for the moment.

Mathias sits in silence for a moment, then asks, "So what do you do around here?"
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    I started mine with my party investigating a disturbance at a ruined temple of the gods.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I mostly tend to the garden and grove out front. I'm way too busy with our baby to do anything else." Sakura replies. Being a mother is a full time job!

15. - Top - End - #465

Planning Room

"I could ask my brother to help us scry for these demons." Cessie adds, keeping out of morality discussion as well. "Otherwise I will offer my help with whatever you need ti fight these things."

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Soul Quest - Catacombs}
    Questers vs. Cottonballs

Sallianne smiles smugly as her pooch eats and burns the evil plant. Then the other two come at her. Musta gotten cocky.

She begins to fly through their flailing thorn limbs. Sick 'em Frosty! she calls out, just before one of them swats her hard to the ground.

The Flaming Chihuahua, Frosty, will go after the next one, when it's sure the first one is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    {Soul Quest - Catacombs}

Amelia pulls back trying to avoid the snipping, and her old leather jacket manages to protect her as she moves out of the way. Unfortunately she doesn't have any other way of attacking besides slashing, so she is going to keep doing that and so she slashes at the one that just attacked her.

She spots the ones fighting Mikani get stronger with the extra vines, and waves her hand and a bit more light flies over at them reaching to grab at their scissors and yank them out of their hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    {Soul Quest - Catacombs}

As soon as she senses the thorncottonballs gaining strength, Mikani sends a wave of destructive energy through the Dire Kudzu, killing it - with regret - and hoping some affects the beasts, as she produces her wand. And a beam of pure, green Earth Energy sprouts from it, which she spins as if it were a lightsabre, attempting to slice and dice the thorny vines and scissors reaching for her!

It gets bonus damage against aberrations and Infernal outsiders, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Soul Scissors

Darcy's legs are entangled. She could try and shapeshift out of it, but she's not as combat trained as her dimensional analogue, so it would take more focus. Instead, she simply hardens her legs to prevent the thorns from digging in and resorts to sorcery. Seeing how effective fire is, she aims a fireball at the remaining cotton scissor beasts to destroy them in one blast!

Or she would if she could throw fireballs. Unfortunately, she's not a very powerful sorceress, and all she can manage is more of a fire dart, aimed at a single creature.

Cotton Quest

Frosty moves on to the second one and begins burning it to death. The third non-dead one starts trying to smack Sallianne repeatedly while she's on the ground.

Darcy *fwips* a fire dart at one, which unsurprisingly starts flailing and burning and dying. The vines around Darcy's feet pull and try to trip her since they aren't doing much else. The third one decides Darcy is a far too scary opponent and starts backing away to move to someone else.

Earth energy, again, isn't exactly the best tool for this job. Seeing as how they grew from Kudzu. On the other hand, these are some of the most aberrant aberrations around, so I suppose that nets out. It's alright at slicing at the thorns, but it isn't going to stop the scissors. Jamie successfully stops one of the attackers, and Amelia does a nice assist to grab scissors out another's limbs. The third does get through with its attack though and finishes snip snipping that it started last time.

That leaves more for Amelia however, as she damages another with a slice, but the other two snip-snip at her. That is, unless the light attack from earlier is persistent, in which case one of them is busy trying to get free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cotton Quest]

Nope once the light had grabbed the scissors it had retreated back to Amelia who quickly absorbed it and then redirected it out and splitting it into two shields to block the oncoming attacks. She lunges forward to try and kill one even though she figures the other will get a clear snip on her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

18. - Top - End - #468

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wenomir & KR's Room]

As you wish, Lord Frescot, Mścisław says obediently. Wenomir sighs.
    Brother, do me a favour and don't call me lord, would you? I'm not the same person I was when we last saw each other, but I'm still common as dirt.
    As you wish, Wenomir, Mścisław responds. And you certanly didn't have red eyes or so many scars last time. But it sounds like it's a long story.
    Adir gives a showy little bow. It's not as cool with his antlers shed as they are, but the stag makes do. "So, what are you gents gonna do now?" He was hoping for tears and drama, something he could rib Wenomir about later.

Hospital --> Mia's Lab

Cornelia, meanwhile, finally stirs from her unconscious state. She's quickly brought to full awareness by the fact that she can see in both eyes. Given time to heal, she's now got full 20/20 vision.

She tries to hurry, but her legs are stiff from the chair. Which, in turn, causes her limp to act up. Determined to move, Cornelia grits her teeth and limps into Mia's lab. Still, even the mild pain can't sour her mood now. "Mia? It worked! I can see!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

{Soul Quest - Catacombs}
    Questers vs. Cottonballs

Ground fighting! The bane of Amazon Pixie Warriors.

Sallianne will stab at the third Cotton-pickin'-Creature's hand (?) with her glowing spear. If this makes it hesitate at all, she'll get up and run for someplace to hide.

On the other hand, if it continues the attack, she'll try to defend herself with the spear, rolling out of the way of the powerful smacks. But that won't last long. Eventually, if it's persistant, it'll clobber her again. And again, and again.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

[SQ-C]

There's a sharp cry as Mikani gets a nasty cut on her arm from the snip-snipping, barely avoiding losing her arm as she stumbles backwards. Her wand dropping to the floor, as the Druid Princess instictively tosses out her hands wardingly!

And a blast of sonic energy ripples forth towards her assailiants! Psionic, not Earth Magic this time, and instinctually aimed to rattle their possibly non-existiant brains in their imaginary skulls at the very least...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #471

Mia's Lab

Cornelia only sees MDM laying on the ground leaning on a wall. Some noise coming from him a knocking and so on.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Adir gives a showy little bow. It's not as cool with his antlers shed as they are, but the stag makes do. "So, what are you gents gonna do now?" He was hoping for tears and drama, something he could rib Wenomir about later.
    Wenomir shrugs. We both need to tell the other one what happened in all those years. Catch up and try to figure out what to do next. Speaking of which... how are our parents? he asks, turning to his brother.
    They're dead, Mścisław says mournfully. Mother died three years ago, father two years. I'm sorry, brother.
    Wenomir rubs his forehead with his hand, blinking.
    Yeah... it's not like I ever expected to see them again, but... he says, not even trying to hide the sorrow in his voice.

23. - Top - End - #473

Mia's Lab

Cornelia approaches MDM, kneeling beside him and then having a quick look around. That's a shame, Nelia had wanted to thank her.

KR & Wenomir's Room

Oh damn. Adir hadn't seen that one coming. "Do you two wanna be left alone?" The stag says, backing off and sobering up a little.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-24 at 04:00 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

[KR & Wenomir's Room]

I guess... we have a lot of catching up to do, Wenomir says, gloomily. Even though he never expected to see any of his family again, finding out his parents are dead was a punch in the gut. Thanks again, Adir.

25. - Top - End - #475

KR & Wenomir's Room --> Out

"I'll see you later then, Wenomir," says Adir, starting to move off. He gives a little wave. "Nice meeting you Mscislaw. Bother Boris or come again if you need anything." The stag makes his way out of Watchtower, hops back inside his suit of powered armor, and heads on home.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-24 at 05:41 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #476

Mia's Lab

Cornelia approaches MDM, kneeling beside him and then having a quick look around. That's a shame, Nelia had wanted to thank her.
    Mia's Lab

Well if she looks at the open spot on his shoulder she may se two feet. Actually it's Mia who makes small repairs.

27. - Top - End - #477

Mia's Lab

Cornelia giggles at the sight of the feet. How strange it must be, crawling around inside the machine. She knocks on MDM's steel hide. "In there, Mia?" She calls loudly. "I wanted to thank ye."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #478

Mia's Lab

Mia isa bit distracted by her work. She needs to be carefull right now.

"What?" comes out of the robot and some moving can be heared from inside.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

The Crab Spiders similarly fall back towards the edges of the circle, arms poised in a defensive posture.

On the obstacle course, the next obstacle Hildur and Element will face is a roughly 20 meter stretch of floor made out of small square pillars, all set at different heights, to form a rough, uneven patch of terrain. If that weren't enough, some of the pillars shoot upwards at random, smacking into the ceiling before slowly sinking back to regular height. It's probably not a good idea to be standing on one of those when it goes.
    The three of the four Dai-Oni cast a physical attack boost on the whole team while the last, Ongyo-Ki, makes duplicates of Serph. Serph having used focus earlier chases after the Crab-Spiders with his duplicates. The real Serph will use a heavy lunge attack with both swords on one Crab Spider.

Element on the obstacle course shape shifts into a rolling cannonball, as it would be a poor show if he stays as air the whole time, an moves from platform to platform careful not to get the wrong timing and get crushed.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #480

Mia's Lab

"Jus' wanted t' thank ye, Missus Mia. I... I couldn't hardly remember seein' with bot' eyes, an' now..." Cornelia is quite the emotional woman, and in her joy, will try to hug Mia. "Thank ya. So much."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-25 at 04:29 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters