New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Boris's Room]

"What're the mods?" Cornelia asks, leaning in to have a look at the parts strewn about the table. She's less familiar with modern Earth weapons, but a gun is a gun.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #632
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Boris's Room]

"Well, the one that's bugging me the most is this one," Boris says, as he grabs what looks like the rifle's firing pin. "It looks plain, but I think it makes these rounds go faster without making any more noise than they already do."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Gate]

Watchtower may be dauntingly huge to a man who's been held underground for so long, but Micah is not impressed.

Watchtower may be (as in 'may' be, I actually know rather little of what protects it, but this seems a fair bet) protected by so many spells one can almost feel the magic crawling over their skin, but Micah still isn't impressed (if that's the case).

It may have something to do with poking around dangerous dragon-and-gnoll filled caverns in his past, and being enslaved by a race of hyenids. It sorta saps the interest from other tasks.

Still... revenge! A sweet taste, he has to admit. All he needs to do is ask for aid against the slave-driving, pillaging gnolls. Maybe he'd even get to put an arrow through the eye of one as well.

Micah slings his longbow across his back to appear as un-threatening as a blood-soaked and muck-covered man can get, and approaches the main gate. “Hello? Hello? I'd love some help down here! You guys are s'pposed to care if some gnolls wanna kill folk and take slaves, right?”
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Watchtower

Irene raises an eyebrow at Jamie's childish protests.

"I didn't realize how dark it was down there." Irene says to no one in particular. Her player completely missed that Amelia had very little clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Yazon follows a long. "Alright, get yourself an axe and we can get started." He says when they arrive.

And then Yazon will start to teach Wenomir the basics of using a bearded axe. He's a patient teacher and has been using the weapon for a long time. No doubt Wenomir will pick it up fairly quickly.
    Wenomir will indeed pick up the basics relatively quickly. He's never fought with a bearded axe before - only a one-handed infantry axe - but he's been fighting for many years now and using weapons is an instinct to him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"You're getting the hang of this thing pretty quickly. You've been fighting for a good while yourself, eh?" Yazon asks after they've stopped.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Oh, yes, Wenomir says, wiping the sweat off his brow and resting the axe on his shoulder. Almost half of my life. I've faced other soldiers, demons, witches, apocalyptic children...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Bit more colourful resume than my own, then. I've mostly just fought other soldiers and whatnot." Yazon says.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Outside Watchtower]

Amelia has the right amount of clothes on, just mostly covered in blood and falling apart. The gash to her leg left a large tear in her jeans which is already expanding, and her shirt under her jacket has several large tears and has turned from white to the darkish brown of dried blood, and is starting to irritate her. The jacket she is wearing is patched in several places and has obviously been through a lot, it is the one part of her outfit that she probably won't just throw away, that and her shoes.

Not to mention the fact that she had just recently slept for over a week in these clothes, so she would just about kill to get something new on.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Bit more colourful resume than my own, then. I've mostly just fought other soldiers and whatnot." Yazon says.
    Oh, you'll get a chance to fight something else soon enough. Like demons, it looks like. Wenomir leans on his axe. The demon-hunting mission being stuck in deadtime for the time being, of course. They're pretty vicious bastards. We've had run-ins with them before.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. He was there for that meeting after all, even if he was just listening. "They sound nasty. Nothing a sharp blade and a little elbow grease can't take care of I figure."

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

A blade to the skull does cramp their style, Wenomir says with a nod. But they're pretty relentless. Luckily for us, their bosses are too damn arrogant for their own good. It's like they can't even imagine us lowly mortals could do anything to them. Hopefull it'll hold them back.

13. - Top - End - #643

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Main Gate]

Watchtower may be dauntingly huge to a man who's been held underground for so long, but Micah is not impressed.

Watchtower may be (as in 'may' be, I actually know rather little of what protects it, but this seems a fair bet) protected by so many spells one can almost feel the magic crawling over their skin, but Micah still isn't impressed (if that's the case).

It may have something to do with poking around dangerous dragon-and-gnoll filled caverns in his past, and being enslaved by a race of hyenids. It sorta saps the interest from other tasks.

Still... revenge! A sweet taste, he has to admit. All he needs to do is ask for aid against the slave-driving, pillaging gnolls. Maybe he'd even get to put an arrow through the eye of one as well.

Micah slings his longbow across his back to appear as un-threatening as a blood-soaked and muck-covered man can get, and approaches the main gate. “Hello? Hello? I'd love some help down here! You guys are s'pposed to care if some gnolls wanna kill folk and take slaves, right?”
    "No, actually," comes a spry, perpetually amused voice, from high atop Watchtower's wall. Squatting there, staring down at Micah, is some cross between a white-tailed deer and a satyr. The upper half of his body is that of a dark-skinned man - albeit one with a stag's eyes and a small pair of antlers. Adir raises his eyebrows at the man. "But gnolls are on the itinerary this week. As is freeing slaves, for some reason. Come on in, tell us the tale."

With that, the stag jumps back down behind the imposing bulwark, waiting for Micah to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

"Well, the one that's bugging me the most is this one," Boris says, as he grabs what looks like the rifle's firing pin. "It looks plain, but I think it makes these rounds go faster without making any more noise than they already do."
    "What? Wit magic?" Cornelia decides to try a little experiment. See if her formerly blind eye can still see magic. It can, in fact, so if there's something odd about the bolt then she should notice.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #644

[Boris's Room]

"I hope not, I'd really like to know how it works." Boris places the pin back down on the table, and sighs a little.

The firing pin is indeed magical.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "Sounds like a good thing to keep in mind. Let them keep their guard down then hit them where it hurts."

16. - Top - End - #646

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

"I hope not, I'd really like to know how it works." Boris places the pin back down on the table, and sighs a little.

The firing pin is indeed magical.
    "Yep, it's magic. Simple charm, by the look. Nice touch. Where'd ye get it, Boris?" Cornelia examines it closely, and will attempt to pick it up after a moment. Her other hand remains on Boris's shoulder, still plying the muscle.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #647

[Boris's Room]

Boris isn't exactly pleased with the fact that the pin works because of something he doesn't understand, but he doesn't voice it. he also doesn't stop Cornelia from picking up the part. "I got it at Erin's Emporium, over at that Mall. Strangely public, for a weapons dealer." Boris glances at his shoulder that Cornelia has a hand on, and after a moment, tries to lay his own hand on hers.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-08 at 11:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #648

[Boris's Room]

"Oh I know. Idnit grand? Ye can carry a gun anywhere! No license!" Cornelia says with a grin. She grows a little more serious, when a hand is placed over hers, but no less happy. "But, um, anyway. Ye shouldn't sweat it. Most folks don't git how this magic **** works. They just go mad tryin." The last part is said mirthfully, and she leans down to wrap her arms around Boris's neck and shoulders. Her face alongside his.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-09 at 12:30 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #649

[Boris's Room]

Boris chuckles at that. "Very different from my home, I'll admit." As Cornelia leans towards him, his face softens a little. "You're right. I think I have higher priorities right now anyway."

20. - Top - End - #650

[Boris's Room]

"M'yeh? What're those, love?" Cornelia asks, looking him in the eyes with a lazy expression. She tries to kiss his cheek affectionately.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #651

[Boris's Room]

Boris doesn't stop the kiss, as per usual. "For one, I should probably make sure this stew you made doesn't go cold. After that, well, I think we can make that decision when it comes."

22. - Top - End - #652

Boris's Room

"Mm. Lemme know if ye think of anythin," Cornelia says, with one of those cheeky little smiles she's so good at. She slips her arms off of him, but for a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go check the stew. Get ye somethin' to drink." The hand slips away reluctantly, and he'll hear her retreat from the room.

The stew is plenty tasty - stuffed with a thick mixture of chicken and potatoes, along with a few other token vegetables like celery and cabbage. There only seems to be one spice in the soup - besides salt of course - something like oregano, but richer and sweeter.

When she returns, there's a glass of some brown liquid in her hand, with a lemon wedge stuck on the edge. "Hope Russians like sweet tea."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "Sounds like a good thing to keep in mind. Let them keep their guard down then hit them where it hurts."
    I wouldn't be so optimistic, Wenomir says. Even if we manage to take them by surprise, they might recover quickly. Either way, we've handled worse around here.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Troll in the Playground

Soul Quest -> Outside Watchtower

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Hey, I'm not a child anymore!" Jamie protests, but she gives Amelia a sympethetic look. "Mom probably has some clothes in your size we could give you," she offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Well then if I can get some clothes there it sounds like a lot better time then anything else I had going on. I would be happy to come with you guys.

Maybe this will help her turn her luck around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Irene raises an eyebrow at Jamie's childish protests.

"I didn't realize how dark it was down there." Irene says to no one in particular. Her player completely missed that Amelia had very little clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Amelia has the right amount of clothes on, just mostly covered in blood and falling apart. The gash to her leg left a large tear in her jeans which is already expanding, and her shirt under her jacket has several large tears and has turned from white to the darkish brown of dried blood, and is starting to irritate her. The jacket she is wearing is patched in several places and has obviously been through a lot, it is the one part of her outfit that she probably won't just throw away, that and her shoes.

Not to mention the fact that she had just recently slept for over a week in these clothes, so she would just about kill to get something new on.
    I'm sure we could find you something to wear in Neirian. And a nice shower as well. Sallianne plugs her nose, suddenly aware of a stench that has followed them out of the Watchtower dungeons.

And with that, she'll wave an arm into the are, flinging pixie dust possibly over everyone. Those who are dusted, may find themselves teleported to Neirian.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-07-09 at 10:45 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #655

Terrie's Tree

Well now, who is this? Or more generally, what is this? It seems a vine has begun creeping up the side of Terrie's tree, bearing grapes and leaves as it climbs higher and higher.

Once it reaches the branches, it stops there for a moment, as if hesitating. Seems that it's waiting for someone in particular. Perhaps checking to see if the little dryad is home?

Or perhaps it's just a simple vine that decided to grow magically quickly through no fault of its own in this very spot, however unlikely that may be.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie is sleeping within the branches of her apple tree, and doesn't seem to have noticed the vine yet. She's currently wearing a tee-shirt that's a bit too big for her and a pair of jeans, which she wears because they're durable. And she tore up all her dresses climbing trees. On her belt is a wooden sword going through a loop. Seems she has aspirations to be a warrior.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #657

Terrie's Tree

Apparently satisfied it has found its quarry, the vine shrivels and withers back into the ground, becoming nothing more than fertilizer.

Then, through the entrance of the courtyard comes Dionysus, dressed smartly in a plum suit and beige shirt, a trilby on his head tilted to the side to block the mid-day sun.

He strides up to the tree without a care, and pauses to wipe his knuckles on his shirt before knocking rather loudly on the base of the trunk.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie peeks down from the branches, awakened by the sudden arrival of Dionysus. She drops out of the tree lightly onto her feet, ending up beside the god, as she says, "Hello? Can I help you with something?"

29. - Top - End - #659

Terrie's Tree

Dionysus smiles like a favorite uncle might as he's slipping you five dollars to take to the candy store, "I'm hoping we can help each other. You see, I'm looking for a very special dryad by the name of Terrie, and I think I've found her, but I can't be sure. Maybe you could clear things up for me?" He bends his legs, kneeling slightly so he can get on her level, and smiles even more brightly.

"Word has gotten around that her apples have marvelous properties, and when I heard that I decided to come here and ask her about them myself."

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins at Dionysus, "That's me! What did you want to know about my apples? Cessie tells me I should warn people who want to eat them, but that's boring."