New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

For some reason, I'm almost double the fps on 8.0 then what I had in 7.5. Feels weird, but can't complain

Edit: also, I all feel towards SU-100M1 after few first games is hatred.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-09-27 at 07:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

I only had 2 games with the new patch, partly because of Borderlands 2 and partly because of that stupid permissions issue that pops up with some patches.
    The game looks a lot different... its hard to place exactly, but the the new engine changes just make everything different. And I was once again reminded of how lacking the base UI is and have to wait for the mod I was using to be updated.
    The tanks hop around more when driving, at least the faster tanks like the ELC AMX. I also found out you can drive off the edge into the water and there is no way to get back up in ... whichever map that was with the big open field and the hill with the windmill. And apparently your entire crew drowns after 10 seconds.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    And apparently your entire crew drowns after 10 seconds.
    If your exhaust is submerged you only have so long before you choke your engine.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psilontech View Post
    The patch has hit me with a severe performance hit.

Everything turned down as low is it will go, the top-left performance indicator informs me that I am getting 34 frames per second. My Mk. 1 eyeball, however, is reporting something along the lines of 4 frames per second with significant tank position jumps, making it VERY difficult to, you know, play the game. Ping is fine.

If this continues, I'm going to have to wait for the next patch to see if this is resolved. If it is a feature and not a bug then I guess I'm out forever.
    Are you using the new graphics engine or the old one? The new seems to be more efficient on decent hardware, but it may not be fully compatible with your card.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been grinding along on Standard. The thought of switching over to 'improved' has barely entered my mind, considering my performance with the base engine.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. I get double FPS with the new engine as opposed to the old one. It's probably worth a try.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

I have to admit my FPS didn't drop at all. I'll double check my settings, but I may be on lowest for everything.

I don't notice much different with the physics model except with the T-50. I think that it will be easier to hit the turning scout tanks as I've noticed I slow way down in a tight turn.

I miss my Pz IV though.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

I've seen the T-50-2 slide quite a ways when it turns quickly at full speed, which actually makes it harder to hit if you aren't use to having to lead it that way. I think with some practice it will be easier to hit as I don't think it can change directions quite so fast now.
    Going down off hills is going to make fighting in some areas more interesting. I already jumped my M41 off a little cliff, did a little damage but didn't break anything.

I really like the new victory breakdown screen. Especially since you can see it from the garage even if you left the battle before it ended. I just wish the cash and exp earned was broken down to how much you got for each action.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

I find it a lot harder to track BT-7s and similar on hills, because they can be very slidy. Makes the "105mm hello" much harder.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

down to 20k for the E-75. Funny enough I find my win percentage when I play early morning (central Standard time) is almost 15% point higher that the evening.

Soon, I shall be able to get the E-75...does anyone know if WoT won that golden joystick award thing?
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

11. - Top - End - #611

RandomM3Stuart: Gogo Gadget Stuart

few seconds later he slides to a smoking wreck after my 122mm shell oneshots him on the fly.

Was gifted a Churchill, i had forgotten how much 50% crew suck, but i solved the problem temporary by putting the KV-4 crew in it (3 of whom are still not 100% yet) so i can enjoy the Tank and level the crew in something that doesn't cost a arm and leg if it gets a bad battle.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #612

1000 Battles in my SU-26

Only 351 more kills (currently) till i reach its current goal of having more kills on it than Elm has battles played.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

'llo all! Just noticed this thread here, and as a World of Tanks player myself, figured I'd drop in and say "hi".

---

Last night I had a particularly good match on my T29 - got Top Gun and was the last tank alive, winning the game for my team. <._.> I was pleased. Got 2,300 or so XP for it. (I don't remember if that was doubled or not... I'd assume so though.) The T29 is glorious, heh.

Also bought a VK3601 last night; I'm not sure if I regret the decision or not. It's slow and has terrible maneuverability at least so far... but the armor is nice, and I love the short 88 from my VK3001, so having it on another tank is always a plus.

<. .> anyhoo, just dropping in really. In WOT I'm mistformsquirrel. I appologize in advance if you try to say 'hi' in game though; I have no-chat on so I won't be able to see it. (Chat proved very distracting to me; turning it off has improved my game a lot lol, which is kind of hilarious imo)
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

14. - Top - End - #614

Even with Physics you can still get stuck...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #615

To be fair, you SHOULD be stuck in that sort of situation. Hung up on a small piece of rock is one thing, but what you have there is PROPER stuck.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

16. - Top - End - #616

The tank traps in Siegfried Line will do it too.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

There was an MS-1 in a Tier-V battle. Tier-1 tanks don't like 105mm HE shells very much.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Lol, I remember once seeing a Cunningham in a Tier VII battle. Sadly I missed my shot <T_T>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

19. - Top - End - #619

I was in battle with one of the Sheriff accounts for the hunting contest. Sadly, he was on my team.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

20. - Top - End - #620

Freaking sweet! Got into a match with the new Tier-10 Soviet TD on the other team with a weird symbol next to it while trying to get my M103's daily double. I load into the map about 15 seconds after everyone else is already out and about, doing their own thing.

I forget the name of the map, but I see an unguarded alley with nobody on our team in it and from what I can tell, not an enemy in it either. Decide to go up and flank, see the TD with the weird symbol and proceed to ammo-rack it.

'Congradulations, player! You've won 500 gold!'

"What? I'm not sure wha-" *Three arty shells land on me while I was typing, taking me out*

21. - Top - End - #621

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Lol, I remember once seeing a Cunningham in a Tier VII battle. Sadly I missed my shot <T_T>
    Saw a T-18 in a Tier VIII battle.

Wee git damaged me as well. Albeit for something like six damage. must've been using HE.

Apparently the MS-1 is the traditional team mascot in that kind of situation though.

22. - Top - End - #622

I shot the Sheriff...... and left him on 8%
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

I kind of miss the old tank guns sounds. It was easier to tell who's firing what then.

24. - Top - End - #624

Ye gods I hate the new reward system. I really need to play a killer game to make any significant money in my tier-6's now. And I don't have the money for premium

25. - Top - End - #625

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Borgh View Post
    Ye gods I hate the new reward system. I really need to play a killer game to make any significant money in my tier-6's now. And I don't have the money for premium
    What tier 6's are you playing? Russian ones are bad for money making because they have expensive, large caliber shells.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    What tier 6's are you playing? Russian ones are bad for money making because they have expensive, large caliber shells.
    Except... you know, the T-34-85. Actually even amongst heavies, it is not hard to make a quick buck, so long you actually hit what you're aiming at. This goes double for the KV-2 with the 152mm equipped.

27. - Top - End - #627

its quite a bit lower then it used to be though. Yeah, if I murder my way though half a battle (not unusual with the 107 on the KV2) I still make about 15k. However if I miss/bounce a handfull of shots and then get murdered by a pack of roving T8s (not unusual either with the landship) I lose about 5k where it used to be about even.

28. - Top - End - #628

Interesting Tidbit from 8.1

Gold Shells for Credits (at a Exchange of 400cr per 1g value)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

now if only they would give us the option of turning xp to free xp for credits

even at a ridiculous rate like that
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

30. - Top - End - #630

OldWizardGuy

Look at the bright thing; game can't no longer be called as pay to win. If it ever was, gold ammo on pubs was probably very rare before.

Edit: I do hope they put some limits on the special ammo or nerf it closer to the ordinary ammo.
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-10-11 at 03:03 PM.