New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Me too... gold shells are crazy potent on some guns. I mean I grant, I personally don't have credits to throw around (I don't have a tier 8 Premium or a premium account, so I'm often low on credits as-is) - but for someone with one or both, or who's just been at tier 10 forever and a half and has a pile of credits to spend...

Then again I drive mediums, it's not like I had armor to rely on to begin with. < . .> So there's that.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Woot, just shot the sheriff in my KV-2!

Westfield assault and he was in the new SU-100M TD on the defense. I went along the north border and climbed the ridge on the East leading to the bridge, and he was one of 2 TDs guarding it. A couple of teammates got good hits on him, but he was still over my horizon, so I kept pushing, and as soon as he got into view, he turned his side to me and I put some hot 107mm AP into him for the kill.

In other news, I've managed to get my overall +/- to around +80. I've been working on "rehabilitating" the records of some of my low-tier tanks as part of the effort to get a better win rate. Kinda painful with some like the D1 (though I managed to get Ace Tanker badge with it, bringing the total to 12 Ace badges now).

Since I've advanced to mostly Tier 6 and 7, I'm experiencing a credit crunch when it comes to being able to buy new tanks. So what I'm going to do is reacquire the Tier 5 tanks and TDs as a pool of money makers. While not as efficient as sticking with something like the KV-1 or whatever, it suits my style of playing a variety, and in general will make a steady income. I'm not in any hurry to climb the ladder, so not being able to get new tanks right away isn't too big a deal for me.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    I'm not in any hurry to climb the ladder, so not being able to get new tanks right away isn't too big a deal for me.
    There is no great need to go all the way to the top unless you happen to want the tanks up there, i have not been bothered to get a T10 or even another T9 (mind you Im liking the look of the Brit T10 medium)

For a very long time the KV-3 at T6 was my highest level tank and that was fine - given my most played is a T3 arty you can see where i have fun at
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    I mean I grant, I personally don't have credits to throw around (I don't have a tier 8 Premium or a premium account, so I'm often low on credits as-is) - but for someone with one or both, or who's just been at tier 10 forever and a half and has a pile of credits to spend...
    I've been on tier 10 for ~8 months, and I don't even want to play them without platoon. Playing tier 10 is easiest way to lose credits. I try to keep mix of tier 7, 8 and 9 vehicles for platooning and grinding, and I manage to make credits steadily in this way. Without premium I wouldn't make money with them, and after ~400 games with Type I don't feel like playing it anymore.

Those premium ammunition will probably be like consumables and equipment. Not that significant at lower tiers, but needed in high tiers if you want to stay competitive.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Finally pushed and picked up the E-75. Nice tank and even with the stock turret I can bounce shells properly angled (at least against equal or lower tiers). The fact that I had to pick up the tracks before I did anything else is somewhat annoying.

Now that I have them I can focus on getting the turret and the big gun.

I also have noticed the lack of credit build and I'm not sure how I want to fix it. I'd like to move into the T29 on the American line but the M4A2E2 is a giant pain as the gun is SOOOO weak its hard to actually damage any tank of equal or higher tier. Now that the PzIV has been neutered its not so fun to play so I'm not sure which Tier 5 interests me...WOT so annoying sometimes.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

6. - Top - End - #636

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Those premium ammunition will probably be like consumables and equipment. Not that significant at lower tiers, but needed in high tiers if you want to stay competitive.
    If at high levels you can do well enough without gold then likely don't need any - i know i will be picking some up for my KV-3 as it can be tough sometimes being a T7 with a 175 pen gun than ends up in T9 battles - it also has enough capacity to carry some without impacting on other shell numbers (similarly for the Tiger aswell)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If at high levels you can do well enough without gold then likely don't need any - i know i will be picking some up for my KV-3 as it can be tough sometimes being a T7 with a 175 pen gun than ends up in T9 battles - it also has enough capacity to carry some without impacting on other shell numbers (similarly for the Tiger aswell)
    Same here. Though I think I'll just be saving them for really annoying players. I'm not that much of a Must-Win! type of guy yet.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    I also have noticed the lack of credit build and I'm not sure how I want to fix it. I'd like to move into the T29 on the American line but the M4A2E2 is a giant pain as the gun is SOOOO weak its hard to actually damage any tank of equal or higher tier. Now that the PzIV has been neutered its not so fun to play so I'm not sure which Tier 5 interests me...WOT so annoying sometimes.
    The top gun on the M4A2E2 doesn't do a lot of damage, but against anything other then the front of heavies, I've never had much issue penning with it. It does take a while to kill things due to the low damage, but with its very high ROF it does pretty good. Of course the only other t6 medium I have to compare it to is the VK3001. At least the E2 can bounce a few shots. Of course the M1A2 gun for the E2 is the same as the second to top gun for both the T20 and M18, though I'm finding both of those tanks lacking so far, hopefully the M3 will fix that.

9. - Top - End - #639

OldWizardGuy

Pudding and Tea for everyone, I'm just downloading public test 8.1. Perhaps most interesting thing would be British tier 4 and 5 lights, and weather they have nasty scout match making or not.

Edit: okey, 94mm howitzer for tier 3? Me likey. And Tier 4 medium tank with 121 penetration gun...all my what?
    Last edited by darksolitaire; 2012-10-12 at 03:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    The top gun on the M4A2E2 doesn't do a lot of damage, but against anything other then the front of heavies, I've never had much issue penning with it. It does take a while to kill things due to the low damage, but with its very high ROF it does pretty good. Of course the only other t6 medium I have to compare it to is the VK3001. At least the E2 can bounce a few shots. Of course the M1A2 gun for the E2 is the same as the second to top gun for both the T20 and M18, though I'm finding both of those tanks lacking so far, hopefully the M3 will fix that.
    The T20 becomes a WHOLE different tank once you get the 90mm. Same for the M18. The increased alpha and penetration make it much, much more useful against the opposition you're facing. Just remember that you still aren't going to punch the front of most heavies without at least aiming for weak spots. Flanking is still gold.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

The T20 becomes a WHOLE different tank once you get the 90mm. Same for the M18. The increased alpha and penetration make it much, much more useful against the opposition you're facing. Just remember that you still aren't going to punch the front of most heavies without at least aiming for weak spots. Flanking is still gold.
    Well, the M18 has a better matchmaking tier than the T20, so the 90mm could be applied more liberally in its case. (You still won't be doing much damage to Tier VIII heavies if you happen to get into a game with them, but at least you won't be seeing them all the time.)

To be honest, I find the E8 to be a superior tank to the E2 in most aspects. Being more mobile is probably more important than some piddly armour.

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Well, the M18 has a better matchmaking tier than the T20, so the 90mm could be applied more liberally in its case. (You still won't be doing much damage to Tier VIII heavies if you happen to get into a game with them, but at least you won't be seeing them all the time.)

To be honest, I find the E8 to be a superior tank to the E2 in most aspects. Being more mobile is probably more important than some piddly armour.
    The Jumbo's armor isn't piddly. I have a 32 hit Steel Wall in mine.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

13. - Top - End - #643

OldWizardGuy

Some ramblings from test server, in off-chance that someone might find them interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    British Tier 4 and 5 lights are not scouts; Crusader, Valentine and Covenanter are lights in name only, and have normal match making to reflect this. They can duke it out with their heavy and medium counterparts one-on-one, with Covenanter being underdog. They feel much better in game then they are on paper. Their armor also seems to have plenty of sloping.

If you are freemium player, then Brits are for you. They have ridiculously low ammo costs due to small caliber guns, and these small caliber guns are actually quite good. Their top guns for tier 8 tanks are 83 mm, with the shell cost being 85 credits, with 226 penetration and 230 damage.

All high tier royal guns are fast firing and accurate when compared to their counterparts from other countries. EGLD and Vertical Stabilizers will be equipment of choice. Fast-firing part and low alpha means that they will have to be exposed to take advantage from their good dpm. I can't comment on how well they stand on being exposed yet.

Few good things stand out when advancing the tech tree. Those advancing both lines simultaneously benefit greatly from being able to use gun from heavy line on medium line. Top gun for tier 5 heavy is top gun for tier 6 medium and so forth. Also, if you are like me and prefer to use same crew from tank to tank while advancing, you can actually do so. British tanks don't suddenly need additional loaders or second gunners *cough*I'mlookingatyouACMLE48*cough* (...with the exception of tier 5 churchill, but that might be changed, as the premium version doen't have too gunners, but go and figure). Your radio operator will be out of work when you leave tier 7.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Very interesting darksolitaire. I love my Russian Churchill so I've been thinking about getting into the Brits when they come out; you may have just sold me on them completely though. Going to have to sell my artillery to do it, but I really don't mind that given how irritating that's been lately.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #645

10 Hours later and the test Client is only 71% done
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    The Jumbo's armor isn't piddly. I have a 32 hit Steel Wall in mine.
    Well, I'm probably spoiled by my (brother's) E8.

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Well, I'm probably spoiled by my (brother's) E8.
    I've had the Easy 8 for a lot longer than I've had the Jumbo, owing to having passed that tier before the Jumbo was actually added to the tech tree. I only went back to get it about three weeks ago. They're good for different roles. When playing my Jumbo I get hull down somewhere and snipe things; if I'm not across from an equal or higher tier heavy or a higher tier TD I will bounce shots all the live long day.

They're not great shakes in company battles, but that's due to the meta; the KV-1S is everywhere and is basically the Jumbo's kryptonite.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    I've had the Easy 8 for a lot longer than I've had the Jumbo, owing to having passed that tier before the Jumbo was actually added to the tech tree. I only went back to get it about three weeks ago. They're good for different roles. When playing my Jumbo I get hull down somewhere and snipe things; if I'm not across from an equal or higher tier heavy or a higher tier TD I will bounce shots all the live long day.

They're not great shakes in company battles, but that's due to the meta; the KV-1S is everywhere and is basically the Jumbo's kryptonite.
    Ugh the KV-1S. Sometimes I think the devs allowed it the 122mm just to spite the other heavy tanks.

Still, I hunt KV-1S all day long in my M18/T-34-85.

19. - Top - End - #649

Pleased with how the Cromwell is testing
    Displeased with the Comet - Given how awesome the Cromwell its just a letdown
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

You know it is a good game when you get 4 kills and a confederate badge. In my Tiger, game was attack/defend in Malinovka. Just got in the right spot and had everyone light up for me. Even got a couple blind kills, finishing people off that didn't think to move after they were shown. Was even my double exp game of the day.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah, gotta love that Erloas. <^_^>

I had a pretty darn good one in my T20 a bit ago. First an M18 decides to duel me; which ordinarily would be bad enough for them since I have more HP, the same gun, better armor and more manueverability/turret traverse.

This time it was just suicidal though, because I was positioned behind a rock in such a way that my barrel could just peak out over the top, but I had outcroppings to either side. The result - they couldn't reliably hit me, and I could easily hit them... and rather than being smart and retreating, they just stayed there until the bitter end.

Then I picked up a free KV-1 kill as I drove past the M18's wreck, proceeded to nail a T-150 almost immediately after that (with some help from a T25/2), and finished it off by helping to cap the base.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Barbarian in the Playground

I love the matches where YOU are the deciding factor in a fight as a non-top-tier tank.

Got into a high tier match in my T-50 on Malinovkia and was lucky enough to start on the side without buildings. Immediately ran and hid in the bushes in the middle of no man's land, putting my camo net and binocs to good use. Light up a pretty big chunk of the enemy team and my friendly's immediately begin pouring fire onto the camping foes.

They, for whatever reason, continued to camp their base, only sending a pittance of a force to the NE hill, all the while taking heavy fire from invisible TDs and Arty. Ended up with a 'Damage upon spotting' score in the thousands.
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

23. - Top - End - #653
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

I couldn't wait for the potential win on the Golden Joystick and went and bought my E-75. Seems nice, focused and got the new tracks..fighting Tier 10s without the beefed up turret is difficult. I just play like I did in my Tiger II and I'm alright. Transferred my crew from the Tiger II and now it sits there unable to play because of no crew...I'm tempted to sell it, but I just love that tank.

Have I mentioned I hate the Jumbo....again. Mostly because the matchmaker has consistently put me into Tier 8 matches which does not favor its tiny gun. I'm only 4k from getting to the M6 (which promises nothing so the 44k grind to the T29 will be long and difficult I'm sure) so hopefully I'll be out of that tank soon.

On a side note, when is having too many tanks too much? I have 15 or so in the Garage right now...most of which I don't play. Tanks like:
    1. Pz IV/V...perhaps the most useless premium tank ever given.
    2. Tenecult..Tier 3 premium...why do I keep this?
    3. VK 3601H...its elited, but its still Tier 6 which isn't the sweet spot to make money
    4. Pz IV...now thats its awesome gun is gone I don't want to play it
    5. KV-2...I don't want the S-51 so why am I keeping this?
    6. Marder...I loved this TD, but its elited and I make better money off my Type 59

Frankly, I only play my Jumbo, E-75, M8A3, M41 (occasionally), T-34-85, and Type 59....so why can't I sell my other tanks

Please help, I'm a tank horder!
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

24. - Top - End - #654

OldWizardGuy

Very interesting darksolitaire. I love my Russian Churchill so I've been thinking about getting into the Brits when they come out; you may have just sold me on them completely though. Going to have to sell my artillery to do it, but I really don't mind that given how irritating that's been lately.
    Well, let's hope that they don't get nerfed in tests like KV-4. As test server is full of russians it's hard to gauge how well those tanks do in normal public games.

I stopped playing arty for a while after 0 hits out of 10 shots game in my Grille/Hummel year ago or so. Two of those shots scattered outside of aiming circle, one hitting friendly tank. You're having those games too?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    Pleased with how the Cromwell is testing
    Displeased with the Comet - Given how awesome the Cromwell its just a letdown
    I'm totally liking Cromwell as well. Seeing that my last other mediums were Germans, Cromwell seems to shoot into orbit when you step on it, rather then needing a kickstart and a slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac
    On a side note, when is having too many tanks too much? I have 15 or so in the Garage right now...most of which I don't play. Tanks like:
    1. Pz IV/V...perhaps the most useless premium tank ever given.
    2. Tenecult..Tier 3 premium...why do I keep this?
    3. VK 3601H...its elited, but its still Tier 6 which isn't the sweet spot to make money
    4. Pz IV...now thats its awesome gun is gone I don't want to play it
    5. KV-2...I don't want the S-51 so why am I keeping this?
    6. Marder...I loved this TD, but its elited and I make better money off my Type 59

Frankly, I only play my Jumbo, E-75, M8A3, M41 (occasionally), T-34-85, and Type 59....so why can't I sell my other tanks
    I totally have the same problem. I have ST-1 and IS-8 sitting in my garage, while I have both IS-4 and IS-7, all gathering dust. Tanks I actually play in normal server are Lorraine 150 50, Tiger 2, T28 Prototype, SU-100M1, Chaffee and T-50-2. The scouts have both been elited, but they are fun to have around, Chaffee in particular.

Best way I convinced myself to sell tanks was to have money and room for more tanks

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

I wonder that at times too. I'll probably play most based on what I want to play rather then which tanks need the 2x exp for the day to get the better equipment unlocked. I think the top gun for the M18 is the only piece of not-unlocked equipment of the tanks in my garage.

Although I now have 2 empty garage slots because they were on sale this weekend so I got 3 and started up the french heavy line because it was on sale.

Lets see if I can remember all my tanks
    RAM-II (don't really care for it)
    M4A3E2 (elited and like it)
    T20 (better with the new gun, still dies too fast)
    T40
    M10 Wolverine
    M18 Hellcat (this thing is killing me, think the win rate with it is like 35%, with about 3 dozen games)
    M41 (like it, kind of want to move up but don't have the funds, only SPG at this point)
    VK2801 (really not liking this, it just seems so useless)
    VK3001H (don't play it much... not sure why I keep it)
    Panther (good pen, but fairly low damage, unsure what I think of it)
    Tiger (doesn't really play like a heavy, it dies way too fast)
    JagdPanther (its growing on me now that I have the top gun)
    ELC AMX (its fun, not all that effective, but fun)
    AMX 13 75 (I like it, but the way it gets matched its hard to get into matches where you can really get behind the lines to cause havoc)
    KV-1 (love this tank when you don't end up in T7 battles)
    KV-1S (has really good and really bad games, the reload is just painful, but so is the shot)
    T-150 (seems good, but KV-1S just seems better)
    D2 (just picked this up)

and 2 empty slots, probably going to go with lower tier tanks to play with new players and on the different maps, but I haven't decided what tank(s) to go with, probably T3.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ettin in the Playground

Are we listing tanks now? Lessee.

TDs:
    T49 (Been idle all through 7.x, though I been playing it more of late.)
    M18 (A blast to play, as always, though not the moneymaker it once was.)
    T28 Prot (On my way to the T30. Otherwise a chore to play.)
    Somua SAu-40 (Idk why am I even bothering to grind this.)

Lights:
    T-50 (Best tank ever. 'nuff said.)
    AMX 12t (Only for the AMX 13 75)

Medium:
    T26E4 SuperPershing (Heh. My favourite challenge tank to play when I'm in the mood.)
    T-43 (Only for the T-44)
    T-34-85 (Not sure why am I keeping this.)

Heavies:
    KV-1
    KV-2
    KV-3
    KV-4
    I'm collecting a KV set.

SPG:
    SU-26 (Not playing often, but when I do, it's a blast.)
    SU-8 (Money maker)
    SU-14 (On the way to Obj 212.)

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jonzac View Post
    I'm only 4k from getting to the M6 (which promises nothing so the 44k grind to the T29 will be long and difficult I'm sure) so hopefully I'll be out of that tank soon.
    Honestly, imo the M6 is *fantastic* - not as good as a T29 of course; but I still did very, very well with that schoolbus of a tank.

Ultimately just remember two things and you'll do fine:

1) Get the 90mm and top engine. The 90mm is essential for the T29's 'stock' configuration anyway, and the top engine makes the machine a LOT more responsive and gives you some ridiculous acceleration. This leads to...

2) Play like a heavy medium, not a heavy. You need to be flanking, maneuvering down side streets, and abusing the height of your tank for hull down shenanigans. The M6 has a relatively good amount of frontal armor, but that's IT. The sides and back are paper thin; so you need to always be mindful of protecting those.

Ultimately the M6 requires more forethought than most heavies. I've got a Mastery badge and a Top Gun in my M6 - it's a powerful tank when used properly; but it will not let you walk all over people the way some heavies do.

This also leads to one unfortunate issue that makes the M6 very frustrating at times:

You are absolutely reliant on your team to carry the day. An M6 needs team mates to play off of; so if they get themselves killed, you'll be in trouble. It's not the kind of tank that lets you kill the last 5 enemies all by yourself under most circumstances - you usually need someone else providing a distraction.

---

Oh and one other final tip!

You have REALLY good acceleration and you're also fairly heavy... Ram smaller tanks. Be absolutely merciless about it. You weigh in at 57 tons compared to a lot of mediums in the 30-40 ton range, and unlike a lot of heavier heavies, you have the acceleration with the top engine to be a vicious battering ram.

---

I mention all that because after a bit of frustration early on, I found the M6 to be a very good and enjoyable machine to drive - sure the T29 is the ultimate goal, but the M6 doesn't have to be an unpleasant grind < ._.>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems odd that I get a Mastery badge as often as I do in my Sherman. Popping three scouts and an arty while taking a quarter of the enemy base earned me a 1st class last night, and it's not that difficult to do with that tank.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

My tank list:

T20 - My 'main' - I love this thing so much now that it's fully loaded out. Though I'm excitedly working toward the M26.

M4 Sherman - I adore this tank. It's so manueverable, pretty fast, the gun is great for it's tier (I use the 76mm); if you angle the front it even has some reasonable-ish bouncing power against lower tier tanks. (Though don't count on it too much.) My main money maker.

Pz III/IV - Very similar to the Sherman, except better armor and speed, less penetration on the gun. Also a money maker.

T-34 - I dislike this tank. I only keep it around because I've seen what the higher tier Russian mediums can do and I like the idea of driving them... but the T-34 itself is sluggish compared to the Pz III/IV and Sherman, it's armor doesn't feel particularly strong either, and the 57mm, while reasonably good at penetrating enemy tanks, and having a high fire rate, lacks the alpha to win battles in most situations.

T29 - My 'other' main tank. It's ridiculously awesome, but everyone knows that. >.>

VK3001 - I love this machine. The armor is nonexistent except the front of the turret, but it's fast, maneuverable, and the short-88 is *brutal* if played properly. Also I desperately want a Panther, so it's nice to be 'grinding' a fun tank on my way to the tank I really want.

VK3601 - Not as impressed with it as the VK3001 - it feels like a heavy in a lot of ways; albeit a very fast heavy. In some ways I'd say it's basically a KV-1S with a much lower penetration main gun. The positioning required for the short-88 is much harder to pull off in this thing, but on the other hand it does offer you significant armor protection, which is odd for a medium. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either; mostly driving it to get a Tiger.

JagdPzIV - I used to loathe it... I still don't really love it, but since the long 75mm got a buff in penetration it's at least a bit more usable now than it was. Mostly I'm playing it just to get the higher end German TDs.

Russian Churchill - I have a love hate relationship with this thing... on city maps it is god. In tight quarters where the enemy can't get to my sides I can just keep rolling up on them, continously plinking away until they expire. It honestly plays like a battleship in a lot of ways, which is awesome.

On open maps it's much more troublesome though, and artillery loves it some Churchill. Can't wait for the Brit version though.

SU-100 - I love this TD >_< It's not as much fun as my M18* - but I've won entire games with it simply because I could sit back and snipe with no one knowing where I was. My only real complaint with it is it's a bit less maneuverable than the SU-85 was; but that's to be expected with the better armor. (Gasp, I can actually bounce a few shots!)

Then I have 3 blank spots in my garage for Brit tanks <._.> They used to be occupied by SPGs, but after hitting Tier 5 and being unable to hit crap I decided it was time to divest myself from that part of the game.

*I sold it to get the T25/2 and LOATHED that thing, so I sold the T25/2 and now I'm out of an American TD. I has a sad about that.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #660
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tank List:

Tier IX:
    M103 - A love-hate relationship. Sometimes I do incredibly well and don't lose credits, sometimes I lose 20k+, which is a real bummer because I NEEDED those credits. Seemingly has RNG armor, it can't seem to decide between having a bouncy turret, having a bouncy hull, or both being made of tissue paper.

Tier VIII
    Currently nothing. I have the AMX 13 90 and KV-4 unlocked but lack the funds to purchase them.

Tier VII
    T25 AT - Gun has decent pen / damage and I occasionally have other tanks bounce on me. Quite speedy. I generally enjoy my time in it. A little inaccurate for my tastes even with 100% crew, but it doesn't come up as often as I would like.

T-43 - HatehateHATE, ALL OF MY HATE!

AMX 13 75 - A fun little tank. Games can either be glorious or frustrating, depending almost ENTIRELY upon which map MM has decided upon for you. Another frustration is that it commonly sees Tier-X and cannot pen the side or rear of several tanks with its top gun.

Tier VI
    SU-100 - I, on general principle, have enjoyed all of my Soviet Tank Destroyers, this being no exception. I run the DPM cannon rather than the horribly inaccurate Alpha cannon.

Tier V
    ELC AMX - My pride and joy. I love this little bugger to death. Nothing quite like pumping 800+ damage into a tier nine as a tier five. The stealthiest thing I own with a crew camo training of 98%.

PzIV - I don't know why I haven't sold it yet. Oh yeah, the ridiculously trained crew that I haven't figured out what I want to put into yet.

T-34 - Cash. Pretty okay, I generally put a decent hurt on the other team.

Tier IV
    T-50 - Need I say more?
    Master of Orion II: Let's Play! Of Klackons and Gnolams

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal