New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Yes ramming it was a bad idea but it was funny to see that happen
    Spoiler
    Show

Pushed it about 20m

Moment of the night: Stealing a kill not once but twice from a Pershing to net us Brothers in Arms (Pershing was undeniably pissed as he rammed me while i was trying to kill the Hummel)

Quote of the night:
    Elm your are a Coward, you run and come back with two others
    Said by a KV-1S who was Flanked and Spanked by a Pair of Cromwell's and finished off by another Medium

A pic from the other night, i moved slightly after this and slid ever closer to the drink so stopped
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2012-12-19 at 12:18 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #992
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

The devs have gone above and beyond with the garage decorations! I love em!
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elm11 View Post
    The devs have gone above and beyond with the garage decorations! I love em!
    SEA doesn't have the awesome specials the NA and EU servers have though.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. They just posted the announcement.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-21 at 07:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Discounts, smishmounts. What are people in the playground going to pick?

I think I'll go for M41, VK2801 and T71. There's exp bonusses flying around, which means I'll get Pershing in order to have 1 non-premium tier 8 after I elite T32.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Won't be getting anything, methink. Already gotten all the tanks I want for now.

(Aiming for that elusive ST-1, T110E4 and Object 268).

6. - Top - End - #996

Flumph

I'll probably pick up the AMX 13-90, since I already have it unlocked. (I could buy it anyway, because the Cromwell wins all the things and I have loads of dosh, but if they're making it cheap, why not?)

Probably a Churchill I as well, can get it and load up on equipment to carry down the Brit heavy line.

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Probably a Churchill I as well, can get it and load up on equipment to carry down the Brit heavy line.
    Prepare you self for a slow sucky journey of 3 tanks that are basically the same.
    Elm & I have embarked on this trip to the Conqueror, its been a case of Play a Fun Tank then play the Churchill, and then play a Fun tank again...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Prepare you self for a slow sucky journey of 3 tanks that are basically the same.
    Elm & I have embarked on this trip to the Conqueror, its been a case of Play a Fun Tank then play the Churchill, and then play a Fun tank again...
    I found the Churchill to be quite fun to play actually, though I may be slightly biased toward heavily armoured bricks. (I played the T28P, KV-4 and SuperPershing, all slow, moving roadblocks.) Might be a matter of taste.

I did wish the gun wasn't so dinky though. I swear the 0.36 accuracy is a lie.

9. - Top - End - #999

Flumph

I don't mind the gun for the Churchill 1 & 7.

See, the Vickers HV is basically the same as the 75mm SA50 from the AMX12t/13, and so I'd already put 900 or so battles into learning exactly how to use that gun against everything up to tier 10. Net result: Cromwell sitting at 62.5% win rate after 259 battles because all of a sudden I'm using a gun that's an extension of my self by this point that I'm used to having to find chinks in tier X heavies and I'm getting to plaster tier 4s with it...

So, even when it's on a trundlebrick I'm sure I'll be able to put it to some use. Hell, the Churchill I will even get me the same gun with tier 3s in its sights, though due to the odd crew I'll probably skip to the VII to train for serious.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't mind the gun for the Churchill 1 & 7.

See, the Vickers HV is basically the same as the 75mm SA50 from the AMX12t/13, and so I'd already put 900 or so battles into learning exactly how to use that gun against everything up to tier 10. Net result: Cromwell sitting at 62.5% win rate after 259 battles because all of a sudden I'm using a gun that's an extension of my self by this point that I'm used to having to find chinks in tier X heavies and I'm getting to plaster tier 4s with it...

So, even when it's on a trundlebrick I'm sure I'll be able to put it to some use. Hell, the Churchill I will even get me the same gun with tier 3s in its sights, though due to the odd crew I'll probably skip to the VII to train for serious.
    The trundlebrick will mean, unlike in the 13 75 and Crommie, you won't be able to go around to flank them if you run into a HT like yourself. Which is why the Churchill suffers for it. Of course, you do get to slap around lower tiers if you happen to meet them, but the Tier VII and VIII tanks will smack you.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ettin in the Playground

So far I'm really not liking the IS. I've only had it for about 30 games so far, so I don't have it upgraded all that much. Using the KV-1S top gun and have upgrades on the other parts except the engine. Crew isn't quite to 100% yet, but they are close. I'm not even sure what it is about the tank, but I'm sitting at something like a 37% win rate with it, whereas I love the KV-1S, though my win rate that is only 51%, thought it was higher, it definitely feels like I have a lot more better games with it.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So far I'm really not liking the IS. I've only had it for about 30 games so far, so I don't have it upgraded all that much. Using the KV-1S top gun and have upgrades on the other parts except the engine. Crew isn't quite to 100% yet, but they are close. I'm not even sure what it is about the tank, but I'm sitting at something like a 37% win rate with it, whereas I love the KV-1S, though my win rate that is only 51%, thought it was higher, it definitely feels like I have a lot more better games with it.
    They did nerf the IS's turret armour in 8.2, so the tank isn't as bouncy as it used to. You should be right at home with the IS anyway, given that it's just a more heavily armoured KV-1S to begin with. (Even the top gun is just a ROF increase.)

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    They did nerf the IS's turret armour in 8.2, so the tank isn't as bouncy as it used to. You should be right at home with the IS anyway, given that it's just a more heavily armoured KV-1S to begin with. (Even the top gun is just a ROF increase.)
    The trick to IS is definitely knowing all the weak spots for tanks of its tier 'cause while it has impressive damage compared to contemporaries, the penetration is lacking.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

yeah the string of russian 175 pen guns is frustrating...it depends on how the RNG is working in each match
    you either bounce everything(even straight into 20mm armor) or pen everything(miss target and pen 250mm on tank behind him at a 30% angle)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #1005

OldWizardGuy

Oh, T30, why must your 155mm gun be so inaccurate? Aiming time is horrible too, and rate of fire is worse then soviet counterpart's.

I just fragged T69, making the coveted master tanker only 4 vehicles away. Maustrap is currently short of 1 mice. With all the new tier 10's around, I haven't seen one in a long time.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Oh, T30, why must your 155mm gun be so inaccurate? Aiming time is horrible too, and rate of fire is worse then soviet counterpart's.
    I know right. Damned gun is dinky as hell and that feel of bouncing seven shots in a row... indescribable.

17. - Top - End - #1007

OldWizardGuy

In my first game with 155mm I tried to penetrate E-75's frontal plate, assuming that sloped 160 mm would be inadequate protection against 276 penetration. My mistake

So, anyone else having fun with holiday specials?
    Defeat
    Battle: Murovanka 27. joulukuuta 2012 9:01:08
    Vehicle: T-50-2
    Experience received: 2*400
    Credits received: 31*875
    Battle Achievements: Defender

18. - Top - End - #1008

I take back some of my harsh words about the Churchill 1.
    Mastery, Sniper and Steel Wall with missing out on TopGun by 1%

28 shots, 25 hit
    Approx 2114 Damage (3 shots into the 1st KV that i was too close to see the damage count from)

Its a Approx as i have realized that i didn't take a Screen cap of the Damage done and shots fired section so i sat and watched the replay twice to count them

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2012-12-27 at 07:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #1009

I'm so happy. Never again will I have to play B1! I also got the 57mm gun for Crusader and Churchill from Valentine so I can actually start playing those things. And I'm getting Chaffee with this sale, and got Hellcat open too for the next -50%. Looks like I won't be bored in the near future.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-12-27 at 07:04 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

In my first game with 155mm I tried to penetrate E-75's frontal plate, assuming that sloped 160 mm would be inadequate protection against 276 penetration. My mistake
    To penetrate the E-75 frontally, you need to be within 100m to be assured of penetration. Otherwise, it's easier to aim for the gun mantlet/turret.

21. - Top - End - #1011

RogueGuy

To penetrate the E-75 frontally, you need to be within 100m to be assured of penetration. Otherwise, it's easier to aim for the gun mantlet/turret.
    Or you could always shoot the lower glacis plate. No one ever seems to have much of an issue with shooting me down there and going right through.

In other news, I'm one game short of getting the top gun for my E-50, so hopefully I'll be getting it after my holiday. It'll be nice to actually have a gun that makes people back the hell off when it hits.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Or you could always shoot the lower glacis plate. No one ever seems to have much of an issue with shooting me down there and going right through.

In other news, I'm one game short of getting the top gun for my E-50, so hopefully I'll be getting it after my holiday. It'll be nice to actually have a gun that makes people back the hell off when it hits.
    The 155mm is slow to aim, inaccurate and dinky enough that I cannot aim the lower plate in a peekaboo.

You have to use the gun to see what I mean.

23. - Top - End - #1013

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I'm so happy. Never again will I have to play B1!
    There's a place for every tank on the battlefield.

In the case of the B1, that place is at the bottom of a ditch covered in piss.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ettin in the Playground

The Churchill VII can join its rank.

Damn tank is starting to grate on me on its ability to... not be able to do anything, really.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-27 at 02:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1015

OldWizardGuy

The Churchill VII can join its rank.

Damn tank is starting to grate on me on its ability to... not be able to do anything, really.
    Then the chances are that you don't like Black Prince. Similar armor and speed, only upside is whopping 23 additional penetration in the Prince's top gun. I've had good games with it, such as holding four tier 7's in the Bridge or 0-line of Mountain Pass. Large HP pool and fast firing gun make it ideal at fighting same tier opponents, but it quickly becomes useless against higher tiers.

Playing British heavies to rush to tier x might be good idea, as there's some developer comments that suggest FV215b is to be armed with 183mm gun and removed to tier x tank destroyer. It's replacement would be Chieftain prototype. When devs have relocated tanks in the past, players have been given both tanks.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Then the chances are that you don't like Black Prince. Similar armor and speed, only upside is whopping 23 additional penetration in the Prince's top gun. I've had good games with it, such as holding four tier 7's in the Bridge or 0-line of Mountain Pass. Large HP pool and fast firing gun make it ideal at fighting same tier opponents, but it quickly becomes useless against higher tiers.

Playing British heavies to rush to tier x might be good idea, as there's some developer comments that suggest FV215b is to be armed with 183mm gun and removed to tier x tank destroyer. It's replacement would be Chieftain prototype. When devs have relocated tanks in the past, players have been given both tanks.
    Don't take me wrong. I loved the Church I. Pretty good gun for its tier, armour that can serve you well if you know how to hide its hideous weakspots. Church VII has no such saving grace, having inherited an almost identical top gun with worse soft stats. (Acceleration, gun depression are all horrible compared to Church I.) It's a subpar heavy tank for its tier. The Black Prince on the other hand, I heard both good and bad things. (171 pen guns doesn't faze me all that much, given that the SuperPershing has literally the same gun with worse ROF.)

EDIT: Actually, I think its the non-existent gun depression irks me the most. When even the smallest hill/depression cause you to lose sight of an enemy tank on otherwise even land... grrrr
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-27 at 03:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Flumph

In worse news, I sucked all the balls today. Totally unfocused and generally not rocking my usual high level of Cromwell play.

Ah well, still got my skills up high enough to respec my Cromwell crew for Brothers in Arms to be active, machinegunning even faster will help when I'm next playing awake.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sometimes being a tank that people love to kill has an advantage. I've sometimes used it to play peek-a-boo without any intention of shooting back, just because I can tie down 2-4 opponents trying to plink me to death so that my teammates can have an opportunity for flanking maneuvers. And if I do get hit a couple times, I can usually survive long enough to keep it up for a bit. Still, I only have a 40% win rate in it.

Speaking of win rates, Operation Redemption had a good day yesterday. I completed redeeming the win rates for 3 tanks, the AMX 38, Wespe, and T40, meaning that I picked them up again long enough to get my wins to 1 more than half the matches played with them (draws count as losses for this). I'm also fairly close with the Renault BS and Panzerjager I, which I scored a Top Gun in Campinovka for another Ace Mastery badge.

Overall, I hit 8000 matches, and had 4024 wins, 3846 losses, and 130 draws.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

29. - Top - End - #1019

I actually ended B1 with 55% win rate. Only 0.75 tanks killed per battle tho; 253 average damage. Those Tier V games just pull it inevitably down, especially since you're a dog in Tier IV games too especially now that Matilda completely eclipses B1 in every way.

Of course, win rate in a small sample size is kinda random; I don't feel I'm especially poor on VK 3001 P and yet I have 34% win rate out of 50 games with it.

30. - Top - End - #1020

The T1E6 can join it there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet