New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Ye lord. I must have the screenshot or replay of this.
    i wish i had...but i don't really know how and have never really had a reason to work it out
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Its in a Checkbox in your game options (i turned mine on after i had a game in my Marder II where i killed 7 Vehicles while on 1hp and have never looked back - i occasionally purge the masses of bad and average games while keeping some of the best ~ even if they no longer work)

Once that box is checked it will record every battle you play in and store them in the replay folder to be watched or uploaded for others to watch with the only caveat being that you cant be logged in to your game at the time as it needs it to run the replays
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Victory! Map: Live Oaks Monday, January 07, 2013 9:42:30 PMVehicle: StuG IIIExp: 2,994 (x2) + Credits: 38,457 Achievements: : De Langlade's Medal, Top Gun, Sniper, Defender

If it weren't for the fact that I had a teammate still alive, I probably would have had a Kolobanov medal too. The first medal is for killing at least 4 enemy tanks in your cap circle.

Also? I came back from a 2<9 deficit after the first 3 minutes of battle.
    Last edited by Yana; 2013-01-08 at 12:29 AM.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

I finally got a hold of my first non-premium Tier 8 tank - an M26 Pershing <^_^> I am happy.

On the one hand: Stock tanks are always kinda meh...

On the other hand - the Pershing isn't that bad stock. It's a bit sluggish, but upgrading the engine is my first priority and doesn't seem like it'll be too big a deal. The armor also isn't that bad for a Medium; which is a nice change of pace from the T20 which had no real armor to speak of.

My only true complaint with the thing is the gun... I bounce a lot with 160 pen at Tier 8; and I don't see how even the top gun will change that as 180 pen isn't that much better.

Still, the tank seems to be nice so far; and I'm hoping that fully upgraded it'll be a really fun drive.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

smile Re: World of Tanks II: Fighting, Bragging, Raging Edition - All aboard the Lemming Tr

Funny, Pershings seem to have no trouble with my Tiger II or E-75.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

I can hurt a Tiger II mind you - but it requires careful aiming or flanking, the former of which I often don't have the luxury of, and the latter is hard with the stock engine. (Should be fixing that problems shortly however!)

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay so, on the one hand: I'm getting the hang of the Pershing, I'm starting to play alright in it; the upgraded engine was a huge improvement, and I'm getting close to the gun, so that'll help as well.

On the other hand:

I'm becoming convinced my Pershing is cursed. - My overall win rate is 51% - My Pershing's is 32% after 28 games. Ouch.

That said it's a good tank and I'm enjoying it in spite of the fact that my teams seem to be folding like wet cardboard around me.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

The T-54 is an absolute blast to play.

It's much, much better than the T-44 in every conceivable aspect, from having frontal armour actually worth a damn, and sporting a great gun that I can use to actually penetrate heavy tanks with ease. Best of all? It's just as agile as the T-44 even stock. With the upgraded engine, it can only get better.

This is definitely a keeper.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Yay, finally Mouse Trap. Killing Maus isn't hard, it's finding them. Now I only need T57 Heavy and Object 263

And I just made new personal record with the gift tank:
    Victory!
    Battle: Malinovka 10. tammikuuta 2013 10:38:57
    Vehicle: T1E6
    Experience received: 2*658 (x2 for the first victory each day)
    Credits received: 16*648
    Battle Achievements: Top Gun

Camo net, Bino and bush are all OP.

Also I'm getting hang of the T30. I wouldn't say I'm adapting as much as I'm coping. Part of the difficulty with it is probably due to not being able to equip vertical stabilizer, and my td crew not having smooth drive or snap shot. It also took time to get BIA active due to not having second loader available.

Caernarvon changed totally with weapon upgrade to 20-pounder. It's pretty much the sniper of tier 8 heavy tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    The T-54 is an absolute blast to play.
    One thing I learned when I started playing with arty that got into same tier games as T-54 is that if T-54 wants you dead, there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

I'm looking forward to tier 9 Type 59. Currently it can equip 122mm cannon similar to that of IS-4. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl
    I'm becoming convinced my Pershing is cursed. - My overall win rate is 51% - My Pershing's is 32% after 28 games. Ouch.
    I had similar win rate with it when I started. After 42 games it climbed up to 50%, so I wouldn't fret just yet

10. - Top - End - #1060

As a medium i much prefer the T-44, the T-54 is ok but not as fun i find.
    This may change when i get the other gun as i have had mine from long before the new gun was added and after some testing on the current test i have decided that its much better (and a hoot with a Full load of HEAT)
    Even with the upgraded gun its still very much a brawler where as the the T-44 is a mobile sniper that can brawl if needed (Good Accuracy, Snap Shot and a Vert Stab means i get quite a few shots on the move that hit)

Im not looking forward to anything new and Chinese, most as most of its not new (being a direct example of or a near enough clone of a existing vehicle) and that they are coming so soon after the release of the Commonwealth and before other previously announced changes.

The only ones i could be bothered to try on test were the T7&8 Lights as they are something new (and currently different given existing T7&8 Lights are auto loaders)
    Last edited by Leon; 2013-01-10 at 04:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    As a medium i much prefer the T-44, the T-54 is ok but not as fun i find.
    This may change when i get the other gun as i have had mine from long before the new gun was added and after some testing on the current test i have decided that its much better (and a hoot with a Full load of HEAT)
    Even with the upgraded gun its still very much a brawler where as the the T-44 is a mobile sniper that can brawl if needed (Good Accuracy, Snap Shot and a Vert Stab means i get quite a few shots on the move that hit)
    Oh yes. The T-54 pretty much requires the upgraded guns in order to shine properly. Using the LB-1 is just painful at Tier IX, so much so I resorted to using APCR.

Just had a match where I brawled with the opposing Pershing, T-44 and Patton and drove away with nary a scratch.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I've decided to put my Panther on hold for awhile and work up the British Heavy line - I've heard the FV402b is being changed to a TD down the line, and:

A) I want that tank, because it looks awesome - so whether it's true or not it'll be good to get it

B) I like the Churchill far more than I should, so it's not really going to be much of a grind for me compared to a lot of folks. (Also the Panther is starting to annoy me with it's anemic damage.)

====

That said, I had an awesome game in my Churchill I just a few minutes ago.

1024xp
    25,000 credits (thereabouts)
    3 kills - including a KV-1 and a Hetzer duo that I solo'd. The KV-1 seemed to think it's armor would save it, but I'm mounting the 75mm with 145 penetration... so yeah good luck with that.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Churchill (with it's anemic damage Speed.)
    Im not a big fan of it but i have had some good battles with it - it the tank that i have earned my Ace in with the least amount of battles and if your Top tier it can be a real beast. Even then you have to play it careful as there quite a lot that has no issue with 89mm of flat plate.
    Last edited by Leon; 2013-01-10 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

i am down to needing to kill just one more vehicle...the Obj 263

WHY MUST THEY BE SO RARE? do they suck that badly?

i asked that in a game and someone said they are really OP..
    i said "if thats the case why dont i see MORE of them than other TD's
    the guy actually said "because the grind to get them is too hard" ROFL

i saw more t57 heavies 2 hours after they were introduced than i have seen 263's ...pffft the grind is too hard
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Im not a big fan of it but i have had some good battles with it - it the tank that i have earned my Ace in with the least amount of battles and if your Top tier it can be a real beast. Even then you have to play it careful as there quite a lot that has no issue with 89mm of flat plate.
    Churchill VII is an exercise in frustration though. Unlike the Church I, it doesn't have an awesome gun to compensate for being slow and having armour full of weaknesses.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I've heard the Churchill VII isn't as much fun as the I and III (I have the old premium too, love that tank even if the 6pdr is a bit finicky at times)

I figure I'll get through it somehow though - it's only a Tier 6 so if I play it smart I might be OK. Maybe. .. we'll see.

What I'm really worried about is the Black Prince. I love it's main gun... on my TOGII, which is a tier lower! I'm very worried about using a 171 penetration gun with "OK" accuracy on a slow tank at tier VII... but, cross that bridge when I come to it I suppose.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Victory!
    Battle: Mines Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:29:00 PM
    Vehicle: M26 Pershing
    Experience Received: 3,162 (x2 for the first victory of each day)
    Credits Received: 34,414
    Battle Achievements: Confederate

----

Last battle with the old 90mm - that win got me the new gun handily! I pretty much single-handedly won us the match - and I don't mean via the damage I did!

The enemy had an IS-3 and a badly wounded Caernavon in our base, and everyone else decided that rather than try to cap their base, they'd haul tail from THE OTHER END OF THE MAP back to our base.

Needless to say, we were going to lose, and I was the only tank in position to do anything. So I did the only thing that could be done. CHARGE!!!

I drove in gun blazing - nearly finished the Caernavon (and reset the base timer to 0) before being blown up.

Then the rest of the team arrived and since they handily outnumbered those two, we won. (Sorry if I sound a little braggy - it's because I can rarely say "I just won us a round" lol; that seriously never happens!)

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    What I'm really worried about is the Black Prince. I love it's main gun... on my TOGII, which is a tier lower! I'm very worried about using a 171 penetration gun with "OK" accuracy on a slow tank at tier VII... but, cross that bridge when I come to it I suppose.
    Supposedly, the ROF more than makes up for it. (It fires just as fast as my PaK 43 8.8cm Jadgtiger, which is a pretty hefty beast itself.) 171 penetration is subpar, but then again, the SuperPershing has a similar quality gun. (IS/KV-3 has a similar penetration after all.)

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Barbarian in the Playground

@mistformsquirrl: I hear you on the T20.

It's not that the T20 is a bad tank. it's just that it's a bit jarring in play style. It comes right after the Upgraded Shermans, which have their very nice frontal slopped armor but drops right back to a similar play style as a 105mm Sherman (Though, with a 90mm instead). A fast, lightly armored support gun designed to achieve flanking maneuvers, while the tougher heavies draw attention away from you.

The other challenge, is while it has a decently angled Upper Glacis plate, it tends to either be too weakly armored for most shots from similar tiered tanks, to even rely on shots bouncing, and either way, it's so small, that maneuvering to keep solely the glacis in view is hard and typically ends up exposing the flanks of the T20 to others

Anyways, ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the Fail of the week for me.:
    Normally in World of Tanks, one of my biggest gripes, is that people lack proper trigger discipline with their guns. They end up drawing enemy attention with poorly aimed shots, or don't consider their target's armor and fire away, only to be awarded with the most annoying sound in the game: "We just dinged him!".

This week, I saw the exact opposite, a team that apparently, didn't even know what a trigger was during a battle on Highway

First a Panther managed to run straight up the middle, despite being within easy gun range of the team members who rushed east from our base (the South spawn), no one engaged him. Panther runs in, and kills all 3 of our SPGs with ease.

Then the City team managed to get pinned down by attackers from the north. The Panther meanwhile, advanced into our base and began Capping it.

While this is all going on, I'm all the way up in the NW corner of the map in my M6, busy engaging enemies there. I'm typing during Reloads for anyone closer to the base, to run back and stop the Panther.

Finally, after all this destruction, a slow moving KV-1S south of me turned around, and went back to base. Finally, this guy who all match has basically hung back and done nothing, will do something! So now my self, 3 angry SPG drivers, and who ever else still cared, watch the 1S trundle back on our Mini maps/Post death cameras.

He get's back there, with the base capped about 75/80 points in. We're all thinking "Ok, he's going to get this easily."

The 1S drives up to one of the structures there, as though ready to spring out and stop this Panther. And.... sat there...

90 points:
    Me: "uhm. you're going to shoot him, right?"
    Dead SPGs: "COME ON! He's right there!

95 points:
    Me: "Please shoot him?

98 points: Everyone: "WHY AREN'T YOU SHOOTING HIM?!?!

100 Points! CAPTURED:
    Me:
    Dead SPGs:
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Almost as bad, or maybe worse I guess, is the guys who go back to reset cap, but when a target away from cap presents itself, usually a light bent on distraction, they stop and focus all their attention trying to kill it while the cap creeps toward 100%.

I don't CARE if he can do you a little bit of damage, if you don't run for the cap and hit somebody right now, we're going to lose.

Then there are the ones who reach the cap successfully, then spend 5 shots trying to finish off a single target out of the 4 sitting there instead of knocking each tank's cap points back to zero.

If I can, I usually try to report which enemy likely has the most cap points so that if a reset attempt can only get off one shot, it can at least count for something.

I had a recent game in Mountain Pass where we (starting in the north) won the ice road, they won the south and it became a cap race. I went back in my PzIII/IV while the others went to cap, then was waiting for our M7 Priest to get into position so I could scout for him. But then I realized that the Panther there was probably hiding around that corner out of reach of the Priest's arc. We were winning the cap race, but there were enemies near their home that might reset, so I couldn't just let it play out. So I charge up just as an AMX12t enters the circle and get a shot that kills him, but I still have the Panther with about 65 cap points. No time for a reload, so it's ramming time! I died, but after that the win was easy for our guys at their base.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

21. - Top - End - #1071

On the flip side and similar note, I had one of the most awesome battles on my T-150 Russian Heavy.

It was a mid tier battle on Ensk, Pretty even, but the battle had swung in my teams favor... or so we thought. Although we had numerical superiority after using wolf pack tactics against their big guns, a VK3002DB and some light tanks flanked around, and began capping. The lights then begin fending off our light and mediums while the VK did most of the capping.

Our team's only hope? Me. Yep, I have to get from the north western quarter of the map, back to the South East quarter's base, in a tank that has an acceleration just slightly better than that of a Prius (It's pretty darn slow for those who don't know, I.E. 15 seconds to reach higher speeds)

As I approach the base, the enemy team is already at 85 points, and climbing fast:

Enemy team: "GG!

My team: "Really? We're going to lose after doing so well? Why wasn't anyone watching our base.

90 Hits.. then 95...

Enemy team: "YEA WE WI.."
    *My T-150 comes Smashing through the wall, I'm turning the turret as fast as possible towards the left, come around the corner, and quickly line up a shot on the enemy VK3002DB
    98... 99 points... 100...
    Me: "HI GUYS!" *Fires 107mm*
    Capture points: 10 : Enemy VK3002DB DESTROYED!
    Everyone in the battle: "HOLY ....*jaws drop at the closest timing possible for a reset to happen*

After that, several players said I was like a crazy Russian tank version of the Kool-Aid Man, since that battle, anytime I do something similar, I just shout "OH YEA!" as I come smashing through a wall.
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2013-01-10 at 11:28 PM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

22. - Top - End - #1072

I picked up 2 Invaders tonight.

One in a ISU-152, the other in my TOG II*

Props to Elm in the TOG battle with his Defender and TopGun
    Last edited by Leon; 2013-01-11 at 05:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

Picked up a Pool's medal in an epic defeat in my M18, nabbing 12 of my team's 14 kills.

Was let down at the end by running out of ammo against an AFK VK3601H who eventually woke up and killed me while I was trying to cap.

Still the best game ever.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm officially hopeless. I'm terrible at focusing on one tank at a time lol... I bought a Tiger I thanks to the sale <x_x> I don't really NEED another tank to take my attention; but... now I have a Tiger.

I must say... in a Tier VII match, even stock* it's not too bad. I can see this being terribly hard in a tier IX match though... so I understand why I've heard "Stock Tiger is awful!" so many times.

*Well "stock" - short 88, second from top engine, original turret and tracks.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

Once you get the long 88 on the Tiger it works much better in higher battles.

I added Binos, Camo and loader to mine. (loader late in the time I owned it). You have to learn to take your time and sit back and let others spot...then don't miss.

Also, you MUST ROTATE your hull for any kind of chance to bounce against Tier 6 and higher.
    I''ll stop now as I'm getting an itch in that black hole I call a conscious

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I had an Easy 8 pelting the heck out of my front-to-front; it was downright sad.

Well until he exploded. >.> Too much time in my T29, too used to all that stuff bouncing.

Still, it's a nice box on treads <_<b

27. - Top - End - #1077

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Picked up a Pool's medal in an epic defeat in my M18, nabbing 12 of my team's 14 kills.

Was let down at the end by running out of ammo against an AFK VK3601H who eventually woke up and killed me while I was trying to cap.

Still the best game ever.
    If it was AFK and there was no Arty to use it as a Passive scout its often better to leave them be as they will sit there until you damage them most times.

Some people get to carried away with needing to destroy all tanks - had a game recently on Cliff where a KV-1 and a VK3601 got stuck down the edge of the water.
    I checked that they were still there and then ignored them and headed on to Cap while the 2 KV-1 behind me tried to get them, both were destroyed since they couldn't shoot down as well as the stuck tanks could shoot up.

We won easily with capping.
    Last edited by Leon; 2013-01-11 at 06:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

If it was AFK and there was no Arty to use it as a Passive scout its often better to leave them be as they will sit there until you damage them most times.

Some people get to carried away with needing to destroy all tanks - had a game recently on Cliff where a KV-1 and a VK3601 got stuck down the edge of the water.
    I checked that they were still there and then ignored them and headed on to Cap while the 2 KV-1 behind me tried to get them, both were destroyed since they couldn't shoot down as well as the stuck tanks could shoot up.

We won easily with capping.
    To be fair, I did leave him be. (Didn't bother with finding him. He wasn't in the spawn area.) He must have woke up after I started capping though.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got the Long 88 on my Tiger yesterday... I thin I officially love this tank. <. .> Sure it's basically a cardboard box when it comes to taking hits - but the long 88 is absurdly accurate, the damage - while not overwhelming - is good, especially considering the quick rate of fire; and the penetration means bounces are *quite* rare against anything tier 8 and below. It's glorious.

My only real gripes are that it's definitely a sniper tank... but I'm constantly pressed into a brawling role by circumstance... and it has crap for gun depression. Granted that's pretty common for German tanks - I'm not exactly surprised by it - but it does make life difficult in situations where an American tank would just laugh and keep firing.

Still, the gun makes the tank - I'm managing a decent credit income even after the event has ended, despite it being tier 7; so that's a big plus.

----

Also - nearly got my Churchill VII - it's already researched, now all that's left is getting the funds together. I'm slightly dreading it, but on the other hand, I really did enjoy the Churchill I quite a bit, so I'm hoping it won't be THAT awful for me... we'll see, eh?

30. - Top - End - #1080

I think I just had a nice example of an impossible shot...

SU8 arty, facing my Lowe head-on, about 100 meters.

I shoot, I get 'we hit' message, but...nothing else.
    No bounce, no failed to penetrate, and in post battle report...he have the arty as a target which I fired at and hit but...I did zero damage and did no crit damage either.
    Nothing happened.

Mind you, I am shooting gold (I have over 20 million creds in the bank sothe cost is irrelevant and against tier 9 or 10 enemies which I see far too often in my LOwe you need it to have any effect on the battle because my Lowe is sure as hell not going to be flanking or outmanouvering anything of those tiers apart from a T95...).